Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How will you be voting in the UKEU Referendum?
This poll is closed.
Remain - Keep Britane Strong! 328 15.40%
Leave - Take Are Sovreignity Back! 115 5.40%
Remain - But only because Brexit are crazy 506 23.76%
Leave - But only because the EU is terrible 157 7.37%
Spoiled Ballot - This whole thing is an awful idea 61 2.86%
I'm not going to vote 19 0.89%
I'm not allowed to vote 411 19.30%
Pissflaps 533 25.02%
Total: 2130 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

qhat posted:

What's the current estimate for the morons in the north and not-London to really start feeling the negative effects of brexit?

Those regions were already hosed. So who knows if they'll even notice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

Hoops posted:

Angela Eagle would be a good party leader, and there wouldn't be the same kind of distractions getting in the way of effective national politics. Settle down all the party members who are chimping out right now, present an air of competency to swing voters that the media have to argue against, rather than an air of incompetency to swing voters that the media will gleefully reinforce, and get everyone in the party on message. Present someone to the northern Leave voters who isn't an old hippy from Islington.

Also yes I do think Chuka Umunna is certainly capable of winning the general election, same with Dan Jarvis. I'd rather not have to vote for them though.
See, this is the sort of thing I'm after. A general idea of policy would be nice too, but I can't complain about forum posts when senior political figures can't muster anything beyond hysteria.

Have you considered a job as a press officer for the Labour party?

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

How long before Boris rows back so far we get the Farage Falange on the streets talking about the "stab in the back"?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
TBF who cares who ends up as the Labour party leader anyway, there's not going to be a country left to contest, just a less interesting version of the Mad Max wasteland

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

qhat posted:

What's the current estimate for the morons in the north and not-London to really start feeling the negative effects of brexit?

Negative 48 hours? Again, everyone just took a 10% pay cut and inflation is going to land like a tonne of bricks on petrol followed by food prices. How long it takes for them to notice and who they blame are TBA.

brawleh
Feb 25, 2011

I figured out why the hippo did it.

qhat posted:

Around 30 years ago - of which brexit is one of the effects.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

CoolCab posted:

Negative 48 hours? Again, everyone just took a 10% pay cut and inflation is going to land like a tonne of bricks on petrol followed by food prices. How long it takes for them to notice and who they blame are TBA.

The falling value of the pound against the dollar will increase fuel prices.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

CoolCab posted:

Longer than you'd think; the government and immigrants.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

biglads posted:

How long before Boris rows back so far we get the Farage Falange on the streets talking about the "stab in the back"?

This already started with Carney. Soon it will be "of course Remainers crashed the economy out of spite, we need a Leave government!"

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

I'm vacationing in Scotland during the last half if September. What are the odds I'll be touring a civil war?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The only reason I'd believe that Umuuna or Jarvis could actually win is that the Tory party have guaranteed that they're out of power for a generation and the PLP won't do everything in their power to stop them. Other than that they've got nothing.

Laradus
Feb 16, 2011
Folks, you forgot Farage already told us we were headed to a recession anyways, so this is all expected. Everything is fine.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

biglads posted:

As long as the pogrom is against city Tories with silly blond hair I'm okay with this.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

StoneOfShame posted:

Lol Labour are an absolute loving shitshow, I think backstabbing and self promotion is just in their nature. Jess Phillips is hilarious though everyone has resigned with some dignity and she resigns from a job she didn't have and uses it as a chance to accuse everyone who doesn't like her of coming after her.

It's entrenched in the party from the bottom up. Similar backstabbing happened when my dad campaigned to be Labour MP of Scunthorpe.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

quote:

The European Parliament,

– having regard to Rule 123(2) of its Rules of Procedure,

5. Warns that in order to prevent damaging uncertainty for everyone and to protect the Union’s integrity, the notification stipulated in Article 50 TEU must take place immediately; consequently asks the UK Prime Minister to notify the outcome of the referendum to the European Council of 28-29 June; this notification will launch the withdrawal procedure;

6. Recalls that the settlement agreed by the heads of state or government in February 2016 stipulated that it would only enter into force if the UK decided to stay in the EU; it is therefore null and void;

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

NO gently caress YOU DAD posted:

See, this is the sort of thing I'm after. A general idea of policy would be nice too, but I can't complain about forum posts when senior political figures can't muster anything beyond hysteria.
Policies would be the same as Corbyn's policies.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

The pound is slowly edging to 1.31, could be below 1.3 before the day is up

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

Laradus posted:

Folks, you forgot Farage already told us we were headed to a recession anyways, so this is all expected. Everything is fine.

Yeah this is part of it, people are expecting a downturn, and any vague semblance of an upturn will be seen as everything working out fine again.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Apparently the new shadow health secretary (Dianne abbot if you're more than a couple of minutes behind) is pro homeopathy, like Corbyn. Good way to keep the NHS budget down I suppose.

Laradus
Feb 16, 2011

pointsofdata posted:

Apparently the new shadow health secretary (Dianne abbot if you're more than a couple of minutes behind) is pro homeopathy, like Corbyn. Good way to keep the NHS budget down I suppose.

Well Leave walked back on the £350 million, so who knows how much the NHS will get now?

mik
Oct 16, 2003
oh

nimby posted:

I'm vacationing in Scotland during the last half if September. What are the odds I'll be touring a civil war?

Claim asylum.

edit: if you're from england

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Hoops posted:

Policies would be the same as Corbyn's policies.

Would they though?

hookerbot 5000
Dec 21, 2009

nimby posted:

Pretty sure it'll be fine, where abouts are you heading? Where I am (rural West coast) the reactions have just been sad and disbelieving, but it feels like we're kind of waiting now for what's next (most likely another independence referendum)

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Someone set this loving country on fire.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
At least now Jeremy Corbyn can call himself A Job Creator

Kernel Monsoon
Jul 18, 2006

Hitler B. Natural posted:

They already have.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Hitler B. Natural posted:

bit late

efb: as am I

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Palpek posted:

5. Warns that in order to prevent damaging uncertainty for everyone and to protect the Union’s integrity, the notification stipulated in Article 50 TEU must take place immediately; consequently asks the UK Prime Minister to notify the outcome of the referendum to the European Council of 28-29 June; this notification will launch the withdrawal procedure;

The only sane thing to do is declare to the EU that we will remain, but these loving snakes won't do that so we're hosed.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

pointsofdata posted:

Diane Abbott is seriously as dumb as a loving rock. http://news.sky.com/story/915514/diane-abbotts-history-of-gaffes Not mentioned there, but she's also questioned the value of degree nursing.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

ruuule britannia
britannia glub glub glub
glub glub gl*drowns*

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

pointsofdata posted:

Is this true?

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

pointsofdata posted:

Isn't the actual health secretary pro-homeopathy?

Carborundum
Feb 21, 2013
Holy poo poo just ... everything. What was the last political crisis of this magnitude?

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

Pipski posted:

Diane Abbott is seriously as dumb as a loving rock. http://news.sky.com/story/915514/diane-abbotts-history-of-gaffes Not mentioned there, but she's also questioned the value of degree nursing.

Secret brexiter?

quote:

Ms Abbott reportedly said staff at her local east London hospital who were "blonde, blue-eyed Finnish girls" were not suitable to be nurses because they had "never met a black person before".

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

pointsofdata posted:

Homopathy makes sense in some contexts as a way to previne treatment to hopeless causes without actually giving them anything (EG: terminal cancer patients, manic hypochondriacs etc)

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Baron Corbyn posted:

Dan Jarvis was a paratrooper, don't you know?

So I guess he knows the correct procedure for escaping from a nose-diving plane?

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Ddraig posted:

So I guess he knows the correct procedure for escaping from a nose-diving plane?

Don't be in it.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

nothing to seehere posted:

Homopathy makes sense in some contexts as a way to previne treatment to hopeless causes without actually giving them anything (EG: terminal cancer patients, manic hypochondriacs etc)

No. It makes no sense ever.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Carborundum posted:

Holy poo poo just ... everything. What was the last political crisis of this magnitude?

Second world war?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StoicFnord
Jul 27, 2012

"If you want to make enemies....try to change something."

College Slice
I just am reminded of this: 1m05s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sG9qAYSzHhU

Does the PLP who are doing this bullshit not get that, when this is over, that the guys who dived on Momentum. That the people who were excited because of Corbyn, are going to ratfuck them into the ground?

• Locked thread