Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

so basically leaving the eu has no advantages but we're just a lot poorer

great work britian!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Its amusing watching these idiots squirm when they have to provide all the bullshit they promised. This just reinforces the fact that nobody on the leave side thought they'd actually win.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

hemale in pain posted:

great work britian!

this is what happens when you let country folk vote

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

hemale in pain posted:

great work britian!

On the brights side now you dont have to worry about the EU forcing austerity on you

next step: stop the tories from forcing austerity on you

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Is this literally a prank gone wrong now?

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

SelenicMartian posted:

the far-right wanted a failed referendum as scapegoat for the next decade, so maybe?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

lol

the campaign was almost entirely about how leaving the EU would get rid of immigrants and give literally everybody in the country £5,000,000 per week to spend on healthcare and both of these things were lies

J.theYellow
May 7, 2003
Slippery Tilde

SelenicMartian posted:

chexit yoself before you wrexit yoself

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
I like the idea that camerons legacy will be the destruction of the united kingdom

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Bitter Mushroom posted:

I like the idea that camerons legacy will be the destruction of the united kingdom

and loving a dead pig

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Bitter Mushroom posted:

but think of the children innit~

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Bitter Mushroom posted:

I don't think we should let Corbyn off the hook for his apathetic interest in this whole mess either.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Dravs posted:

I don't think we should let Corbyn off the hook for his apathetic interest in this whole mess either.

I can kind of understand his position. The referendum was between fascists and neoliberals, the left didn't really have a dog in the fight.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
https://youtu.be/L4r_a5adehs

Thanks Essex.

inokichi
Nov 3, 2005

Neurolimal posted:

next step: stop the tories from forcing austerity on you

Bit late for this mate :(

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
http://blogs.channel4.com/gary-gibbon-on-politics/referendum-cabinet-agrees/33044

Lots of people spazzing out at this

I'm quite enjoying it tbh

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

hemale in pain posted:

Luckily we're not even a lot poorer, the prophets of doom hosed up and the FTSE is still above the unsustainable heights of 6000 points.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

"One Tory MP said it was more of Boris Johnson’s cake policy, “pro having it and pro eating it” and he would have to “sort himself out.”"

AHAHAHHAHA...."Sort yourself out Boris, you are a loving mess mate"

KomodoWagon
May 10, 2013

by R. Guyovich

gay picnic defence posted:

I can kind of understand his position. The referendum was between fascists and neoliberals, the left didn't really have a dog in the fight.

Actually the left did have a dog in the fight and it was called Leave, but associating himself or Labour with the Leave movement would have been suicide

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Your parliament is a bunch of loving cowards

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

corn in the bible posted:

"YOU'RE parliament ARE a bunch of loving cowards"

I bet you are loving foreign.

wanda
Dec 8, 2010

corn in the bible posted:

because they don't have the balls to tell the unwashed masses that we can't afford to Brexit and that their daft experiment in direct democracy is null and void, or because the politicians hid all weekend and passed the poisoned chalice around the table today?

actually both are true.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
all my stock is down

i hate u brits, 😔😔

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
the scotland/england divide on this will never not be hilarious to me. i mean, say what you will about the scots, but at least they are practical (to the point of terminal depression)

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

wanda posted:

because they don't have the balls to tell the unwashed masses that we can't afford to Brexit and that their daft experiment in direct democracy is null and void, or because the politicians hid all weekend and passed the poisoned chalice around the table today?

actually both are true.

both, really. either do what you promised or man up and tell people you can't

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Quantum Finger posted:

the scotland/england divide on this will never not be hilarious to me. i mean, say what you will about the scots, but at least they are practical (to the point of terminal depression)

We gave them free university education, free medical prescriptions, free eye-examinations (yep, you need to pay for all this in England)....but they still hate England.

I don't want them to leave the union though. Scotland is a great place to go to get away from work.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

too bad they're fake :newlol:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-36634407

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i signed that thing because gently caress democracy anyway but did so in full knowledge that it is a bullshit thing that at best would serve to annoy the prime minister

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

spud posted:

"One Tory MP said it was more of Boris Johnson’s cake policy, “pro having it and pro eating it” and he would have to “sort himself out.”"

AHAHAHHAHA...."Sort yourself out Boris, you are a loving mess mate"

oi mate, a tory fancied me freedom of movement and nicked it, etc

feller
Jul 5, 2006

spud posted:

This is an American forum, nigel

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

cool and good posted:

This is an American forum, nigel

Go back to America then. I will say what I want.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

spud posted:

"you are parliament"?

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

Y-Hat posted:

did that british neo-nazi take over your account

irish people are lovely (or at least they are in america) but that doesn't make them "not white"

Actually, way back in the day in the US, when we were trying to figure out who counted as "white" for the purposes of the "white males only" aspect of voting, the Irish were not included in that, and we're actually compared to African Americans, to the point that some lawmaker essentially said that if we aren't letting African Americans count as white, how can we possibly let the Irish count. (Paraphrased, of course)

There were apparently lots of trials over this issue, and there were lots of odd decisions about who was, in fact, "white."

Isn't political racism fun.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypcs4c7ihSo

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

77,000 signatures have been removed, out of what is now almost 3.8 million signatures. There is no way that it would succeed, but to dismiss it as fake you would need to be as dumb as someone who believed the NHS would be getting £350 million a week from the unspent EU funds.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
This thread is now officially European

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Zzulu posted:

you're kicking the brits out?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

you're kicking the brits out?

:laffo:

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

Zzulu posted:

gently caress off we don't want you dirty third world Eurotrash, we'll talk to you when we start rebuilding the British Empire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
I'd like to hear one pro of actually leaving the EU because it all seems pretty gloomy and depressing.

Is the rest of England outside London so ignorant of global socio-economic matters that they think throwing a bunch of foreigners out really worth it when anything from chicken to TVR is no longer British-owned or comes from the same continent? A lot of industries are gonna fall flat due to lack of manpower, so congrats on getting your 'jobs' back.

At least now most people know Nigel and his bum buddies were a bunch of loony murderous wanks and Boris was actually the worst possible PM candidate, so there was some positive coming out of all this.

• Locked thread