Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Watching DTM cars while following pikes peak.

http://ppihc.livetiming.net/ppihc/

There's also a radio broadcast but no live video stream as far as I can tell.

jamal fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Jun 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

I'm extremely excited so I'm cross-posting from my thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQGBvWpZdE8

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

^^^^ Good poo poo man

iwentdoodie posted:

Nascar at sears point Sonoma is also starting right now.

I love Sundays like this. Had all the MotoGP series to watch first thing, then Indy, now this.

Yeah watching Sonoma too, after watching the Indy cars the Cup cars look awfully slow :v:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

^^^^ Good poo poo man

Yeah watching Sonoma too, after watching the Indy cars the Cup cars look awfully slow :v:

No poo poo. It also feels like the cup races on road courses used to be a lot more exciting.

triple clutcher
Jul 3, 2012

ssjonizuka posted:

Business trip to auburn/skaneateles NY area next week. Anyone have food recommendations or the like?
Prison City Brewing in Auburn is good stuff, and Skaneateles has Finger Lakes On Tap and a whole lot of assholes in polo shirts. Otherwise, making the trip up to Syracuse is probably your best bet for dining / drinking / etc.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I know Tony probably isn't going to win but goddamn this is so fun to see

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

I love when my customers forget to tell security that I'm coming so I get harassed by a power tripping retiree for 15 minutes because I didn't know to stop for an unmarked truck by the side of the road on a delivery we make unmolested almost daily.

They then of course complain about how long I took. :fuckoff:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
"He's being real nice to Stewart, there..."

"Well yeah, would you wanna be the one who spins Tony out with 10 to go?"

Jeff Gordon: "nope."

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

iwentdoodie posted:

Short video from the track tonight. Cars and trucks hitting each other is always a pro.

https://youtu.be/xjbRFweRMyk

Why is this video only 1 minute long?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Tomarse posted:

Why is this video only 1 minute long?

Because it went red flag, due to a truck spun with his drivers door facing traffic.

Local dirt tracks really are one of the best ways to spend a night.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

No poo poo. It also feels like the cup races on road courses used to be a lot more exciting.

Pretty drat exciting finish holy poo poo.

Watkins is much better overall though, I usually watch it start to finish and I hardly ever do that.

I'm contemplating going to Daytona for the 400....So loving hot though.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

Pretty drat exciting finish holy poo poo.

Watkins is much better overall though, I usually watch it start to finish and I hardly ever do that.

I'm contemplating going to Daytona for the 400....So loving hot though.

Denny either opened the door on purpose, or had a really badly timed gently caress up. Either way, smoke finally won.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

triple clutcher posted:

Prison City Brewing in Auburn is good stuff, and Skaneateles has Finger Lakes On Tap and a whole lot of assholes in polo shirts. Otherwise, making the trip up to Syracuse is probably your best bet for dining / drinking / etc.

Thanks!

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

im posting this here so i dont forget what i did with it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Osh3waD3pVU

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
Turns out it was easier to find Japanese whisky literally across the street from my work then it was in Japan.

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

They make some real good whiskeys. I guess I wouldn't have expected them to be hard to get in Japan though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SCA Enthusiast posted:

They make some real good whiskeys. I guess I wouldn't have expected them to be hard to get in Japan though.

A few years ago some friends and I spent a stupid amount of money importing a single bottle of some super classy Japanese rice whiskey. It arrived and the bottle was tiny, like the size of a pop can. Well whatever, we sat around sipping it that night and it was good so we figured we were classy and poo poo. Then a month later I'm in Chicago and walked into World Liquors and saw the same loving bottle for 1/5 what we paid for ours and holy gently caress did I feel like a dumbass.

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal
But...

I think he just does the coffee though. Boss is a Suntory brand though I think.

I guess it's just Bill Murray who does the whiskey :v:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

SCA Enthusiast posted:

It's shockingly hard to find poo poo in Japan. Especially poo poo that you want.

But I still miss good Ramen and fatty tuna.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Pham Nuwen posted:

I'm extremely excited so I'm cross-posting from my thread:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQGBvWpZdE8
:hfive: that first start after years of sitting is so rewarding

the spyder posted:

Turns out it was easier to find Japanese whisky literally across the street from my work then it was in Japan.

I've tried one Japanese whiskey and it was pretty good, I need to find a shop that stocks more around here

I'm about ready to just stick the 928 in storage instead of dealing with dumb shits from CL. Between low ball offers in the 1.5-2k range and people never showing up it's just a pain in the rear end. I can sell cheap (<2k) cars/trucks/bikes in under 24 hours with minimal fuss but anything over 5k seems to be a poo poo show.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Seriously thinking on upgrading the bicycles wheels. Zipp 404 or Roval CLX64 arent relly "commute" wheels...... but my "commute" isnt exactly normal either.

Basically toss the alloy rims and use the Chris King hubs I recently updated to ceramic bearings so it should be a poo poo hot wheelset at least

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Fuckin awesome coworker that ran his own business for forty years had an auction of all his old tools and poo poo this weekend, he told bossman and management about it months ago and we could really use what he had, management was all on board with the idea and he was giving us a huge discount to boot.

Guess how much management bought.

:suicide:

Why do I even loving bother

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
So we're at last week of the month, did anyone have a chance to look at our book of the month?

Anyone other than meatpimp who got to page 37 and then stopped reading out of spite because I wasn't paying him enough attention???

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

Terrible Robot posted:

Fuckin awesome coworker that ran his own business for forty years had an auction of all his old tools and poo poo this weekend, he told bossman and management about it months ago and we could really use what he had, management was all on board with the idea and he was giving us a huge discount to boot.

Guess how much management bought.

:suicide:

Why do I even loving bother

You think you've got it bad, try doing the same thing except it's a different businesses' bossman and management, and they're supplying your tools and stuff instead of your company owning it.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Sigma X posted:

You think you've got it bad, try doing the same thing except it's a different businesses' bossman and management, and they're supplying your tools and stuff instead of your company owning it.

Oh it gets better, upper management gave my boss 2500$ to spend and he didn't drop a dime even with the assistant supervisor there trying to get him to buy something, anything.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Seriously thinking on upgrading the bicycles wheels. Zipp 404 or Roval CLX64 arent relly "commute" wheels...... but my "commute" isnt exactly normal either.

Basically toss the alloy rims and use the Chris King hubs I recently updated to ceramic bearings so it should be a poo poo hot wheelset at least

I miss the King hubs I had on one of my mountainbikes, that ziptie freehub sound is very distinctive (and apparently really annoying to everyone else).

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Anybody from the Cape Canaveral area? Taking my son to Kennedy and the SpaceX launch for mini mancation and looking for recommendations on where to stay. We'll be down there the weekend of July 16.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

Tide posted:

Anybody from the Cape Canaveral area? Taking my son to Kennedy and the SpaceX launch for mini mancation and looking for recommendations on where to stay. We'll be down there the weekend of July 16.

I have done that same trip and the wife and I stayed at the Best Western Space Shuttle Inn. Cheap and close by. Keep in find that Titusville is pretty dead so you will want to have plans for other stuff away from there.

Buy the extra tickets for the Atlantis exhibit and go on the Shuttle Take Off Simulator.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Ok then
I'm loving ashamed to be a Californian right now. Regardless of who you are, peaceful assembly for protests and rallies is NOT something another group gets to literally attack. The first amendment applies to everybody, equally; whether you agree with them or not.

krnhotwings
May 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
This morning, I saw a red Chevy SSR with a custom-painted American flag + eagle on the driver's door. :barf:

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

BigPaddy posted:

I have done that same trip and the wife and I stayed at the Best Western Space Shuttle Inn. Cheap and close by. Keep in find that Titusville is pretty dead so you will want to have plans for other stuff away from there.

Buy the extra tickets for the Atlantis exhibit and go on the Shuttle Take Off Simulator.

Awesome, thank you sir.

How is Merritt Island? Ideally, I'd like to stay somewhere within walking distance of town / food places / etc. I figure Merritt Island might be pricy, but that's okay.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

ilkhan posted:

I'm loving ashamed to be a Californian right now. Regardless of who you are, peaceful assembly for protests and rallies is NOT something another group gets to literally attack. The first amendment applies to everybody, equally; whether you agree with them or not.

We're so glad you're here to post this :patriot:

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I just signed up to stay on a sailboat via Airbnb. The internet is great.

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

iwentdoodie posted:

But I still miss good Ramen and fatty tuna.

louisgod's Japanese brother?

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Cage posted:

I just signed up to stay on a sailboat via Airbnb. The internet is great.

Sailboat? Noice. I stayed in an old converted barn once, the fob on the key to my room was a cow ear tag. And the advert stated "WE HAVE DOGS, HOPE YOU LIKE DOGS" so I basically spent like 2 hours playing with their idiots dogs one day.

Airbnb is good poo poo.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
^^^^^
Airbnb is the only "disruptive" internet "sharing" thing I like.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Wait, you're gonna commute on carbon wheels? Yes, you're crazy, even with a long commute.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

ilkhan posted:

I'm loving ashamed to be a Californian right now because the state education should have taught casual internet constitutional scholars that freedom of speech is not freedom from the repercussions of blurting out your terrible Nazi ideas, and if the private citizenry metes out an appropriate response to your dumb bullshit it has no connection whatsoever to the 1st amendment protections granted under the Bill of Rights to protect individuals from laws passed by the government.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

BigPaddy posted:

Melbourne isn't too far away either.

More importantly, the Atlantis exhibit is amazing. I got to go to the soft opening a few years back and it was one of the coolest things I've ever done. Also, tour KSC. They used to offer an "up close and personal" (or similarly named) tour where we got to go on the launch pads and into the VAB.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

Ether Frenzy posted:

I'm loving ashamed to be a Californian right now because the state education should have taught casual internet constitutional scholars that freedom of speech is not freedom from the repercussions of blurting out your terrible Nazi ideas, and if the private citizenry metes out an appropriate response to your dumb bullshit it has no connection whatsoever to the 1st amendment protections granted under the Bill of Rights to protect individuals from laws passed by the government.

I agree, fellow non-fascist, it is good that people saying things I disagree with are met with violent reprisal. :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
Why yes, that's totally what I said. We have laws against assault for a reason, but being punched in the face because you have a bad idea and voice it isn't an infringement of your 1st amendment rights. Hope this was helpful.

• Locked thread