Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Ambivalent posted:

And with only 12 episodes left, do we have time for a yarn about Blackfish joining the Brotherhood or something

Lord Stoneheart! :dance:

poo poo, they could even use the "You have no witness!" line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Lord Stonefish

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

So how early was the entire season spoiled? I know it gets asked like every 10 pages but what were those spoilers too? I wonder if it was just the translators got a seasons worth or scripts or something, seems insane.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

The Dave posted:

So how early was the entire season spoiled? I know it gets asked like every 10 pages but what were those spoilers too? I wonder if it was just the translators got a seasons worth or scripts or something, seems insane.

Pretty early, but iirc some of the spoilers ended up being wrong or at least off a bit.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Ginette Reno posted:

Pretty early, but iirc some of the spoilers ended up being wrong or at least off a bit.

Someone pointed out that the spoilers for the whole season were usually wrong when there weren't any extra's present in a scene. The big one that was wrong was that it assumed Jon left Ramsay alive to await trial. He was killed in a scene with just him, Sansa, and CGI dogs.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Ginette Reno posted:

I remember that first season wide one got almost everything right, just some details wrong (Ramsay trial, for example). But also didint included everything (as far as I remember, it had nothing about KL or Dany)

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002
Although Tommen jumping out of the Red Keep was spoiled as well, and there were no extras there either.

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Anonymous John posted:

Although Tommen jumping out of the Red Keep was spoiled as well, and there were no extras there either.

That's what I thought was interesting, that specific scene was probably such a closed set.

meristem
Oct 2, 2010
I HAVE THE ETIQUETTE OF STIFF AND THE PERSONALITY OF A GIANT CUNT.

Max posted:

Someone pointed out that the spoilers for the whole season were usually wrong when there weren't any extra's present in a scene. The big one that was wrong was that it assumed Jon left Ramsay alive to await trial. He was killed in a scene with just him, Sansa, and CGI dogs.

The dogs weren't CGI! They were real, and apparently pretty vicious. Have a look: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtY8YBft-rc&t=336s.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
The spoilers were weird. They were always like 85% right and would have odd little details that were wrong. Like earlier in the season it said that Davos and Melisandre at the wall something something, and then Davos was supposed to throw a chair. Then it happened almost exactly like it was supposed to but no chair was thrown. Maybe deleted scene? Strange how these things are. The Ramsay alive thing is easy to figure out how it came out that way though.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Anyone point out Tommen's suicide sequence was ripped straight out of Ida?

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Ginette Reno posted:

e: It's a bit disappointing how one note Littlefinger is now. He's the most devious man in Westeros, or was, and all he gives a gently caress about is Sansa? Really? I hope he still has some plotting left in him.

He wants dem thrones but he needs the dark (sansa) pussy

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

The Dave posted:

That's what I thought was interesting, that specific scene was probably such a closed set.

Probably not too hard to glean given there are scenes afterwards that reference it. And Cersei being Queen had a ton of extras, so someone most likely put two and two together.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

What happened to that gif of Tommen flying away? I just went through the last 15 pages and its not there anymore.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006

Kawalimus posted:

The spoilers were weird. They were always like 85% right and would have odd little details that were wrong. Like earlier in the season it said that Davos and Melisandre at the wall something something, and then Davos was supposed to throw a chair. Then it happened almost exactly like it was supposed to but no chair was thrown. Maybe deleted scene? Strange how these things are. The Ramsay alive thing is easy to figure out how it came out that way though.

A false detail like that is how I would track which scripts were given to which translators, to know where the leak was.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

FogHelmut posted:

What happened to that gif of Tommen flying away? I just went through the last 15 pages and its not there anymore.

https://gfycat.com/GranularFatalBubblefish

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Nichael posted:

Is Meereen a constitutional monarchy now? Dany says they're going to select their own leaders. That's kind of a huge step forward in their backwards political system.

I was thinking the same thing.

the 3 slaver cities are 100% going to descend back into slavery now that Dany is gone.

or they are never mentioned again

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Oh it was linked and not posted as an image.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Nichael posted:

Is Meereen a constitutional monarchy now? Dany says they're going to select their own leaders. That's kind of a huge step forward in their backwards political system.

I was thinking the same thing.

Feeling rejected, Daario will take over Mereen.

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

the 3 slaver cities are 100% going to descend back into slavery now that Dany is gone.

or they are never mentioned again

Nah I'm sure her boyfriend in charge of a group that only fights for money and was just dumped rather casually with no prospect of ever seeing her again and no real reason to obey her final command to him will handle it a-ok

^yes that

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Max posted:

Jon Snow is a passionate, smart, but emotional leader who will often act without thinking when it comes to the ones he loves, leaving others around him to pay the price for his decisions.

So he takes after his father.

I wonder if anyone in the South will give a drat about the White Walkers or if it will just be seen as a Northern problem. Is the person/family on the Iron Throne the only person who cares about The North as a responsibility or asset?

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

tadashi posted:

I wonder if anyone in the South will give a drat about the White Walkers or if it will just be seen as a Northern problem. Is the person/family on the Iron Throne the only person who cares about The North as a responsibility or asset?

I imagine that wall going down will light a fire

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Feeling rejected, Daario will take over Mereen.

Yeah, that's what occurred me during that scene: butthurt bored Daaario commanding the city forces will probably not be very good for the future government

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Something cool I found out thanks to /r/asoiaf: Bastard coat of arms colors are inverted. So Jon is the White Direwolf on a grey field, instead of grey wolf on white. INTERESTING

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Apoplexy posted:

Something cool I found out thanks to /r/asoiaf: Bastard coat of arms colors are inverted. So Jon is the White Direwolf on a grey field, instead of grey wolf on white. INTERESTING

I don't think that's a bastard thing; that's just a Jon Snow thing Gurm thought was neat.

Hobolicious
Oct 7, 2012

The military might of a country represents its national strength. Only when it builds up its military might in every way can it develop into a thriving country.

Max posted:

Jon Snow is a passionate, smart, but emotional leader who will often act without thinking when it comes to the ones he loves, leaving others around him to pay the price for his decisions.

So he takes after his father.

Rhaegar wasn't like that.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Hobolicious posted:

Rhaegar started a fuckin war over love.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Hobolicious posted:

Sounds like a pretty good description of Rhaegar to me.

Lol @ anybody who thinks Jon is smart though

Jove
Jun 18, 2004

He doesn't come to us...we go to him...BOW DOWN, SLAVE.

Kajeesus posted:

Rhaegar started a fuckin war over love.

If Lyanna willingly eloped, it's arguable that Brandon or Robert started that war.

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008
Anyone know what was on Cersei's crown? It looked like a sunburst or something.

lifts cats over head
Jan 17, 2003

Antagonist: A bad man who drops things from the windows.
Robert and a collections of other lords started the war (hence the name "Robert's Rebellion"). Robert probably just used the Lyanna thing as an excuse.

Mujaji
Oct 2, 2004
"The Transformers soundtrack is quite probably the greatest single album in the entire history of recorded music"
Are the other kings guard behind the Mountain as Cersei walks to the throne zombies now? Because they look like they have zombie faces, it would make sense that she would pick a whole new kings guard and i doubt she would trust anybody. Maybe she will defend her title with an army of the dead.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Ambivalent posted:

Also her dress was totally boss and amazing and I loved it. and the armor and metal woven into her garments is her still trying to assert agency in martial or masculine form as she understands it, so it's cool because it's a very tangible manifestation of her insecurity and desire to be treated as someone with power and respect, and to be protected from the harm the world aims at her.

I gasped at the dress. It looked like scales and the chain across mimicked the chains the faith militant were wearing. It was announcing pretty clearly that she was the new boss in town.
All of the costumes in this episode were perfect. The whole thing was beautiful.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Mujaji posted:

Are the other kings guard behind the Mountain as Cersei walks to the throne zombies now? Because they look like they have zombie faces, it would make sense that she would pick a whole new kings guard and i doubt she would trust anybody. Maybe she will defend her title with an army of the dead.

Night King zombies vs Qyburn zombies would be a good battle.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Night King zombies vs Qyburn zombies would be a good battle.
Magic Zombies vs Science Zombies would be pretty cool indeed

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

skasion posted:

Lol @ anybody who thinks Jon is smart though

Well, smart is relative. Jon is a capable commander in terms of logistics and delegation and all that, he's just a poo poo battlefield commander because he idolizes Ned. Ned is not a man you want to emulate on that front, but at least he had experience.

Jove posted:

If Lyanna willingly eloped, it's arguable that Brandon or Robert started that war.

You can arguably blame a lot of people for starting any war, but Rhaegar definitely contributed a big chunk of it. If there's any one single offender, it's probably Aerys, the guy who set murdered Rickard and Brandon Stark when they came to complain about the kidnapping.

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!

lifts cats over head posted:

Robert and a collections of other lords started the war (hence the name "Robert's Rebellion"). Robert probably just used the Lyanna thing as an excuse.

Lyanna was betrothed to Robert though, wasn't she? That was the whole point of what I took away from S1 drunk Robert talking with Cersei and Ned; he never wanted the throne, just the idealized vision of Lyanna that he had in his head.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/747455599122669568

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
I want to see everyone's reaction to it, but I don't want to comb through 800+ posts.

-I'll assume Varys did not in fact teleport, but swam to Slaver's Bay using his mermaid heritage
-Great Sept getting blowed up was awesome
-Septa torture came off a bit rapey, but I guess that's where Cersei's at right now
-"I should have told you about the Knights of the Vale." "Nah, that's okay. It's not a problem" *looks directly at camera*
-There's no way Jon, a bastard traitor from the Wall, would be declared King in the North
-Nobody would follow Cersei at King's Landing. I hesitate to think even the Lannisters would follow Cersei
-Tyrells and the Martells joining up is loving laughable, but whatever
-Littlefinger wanting to be king diminishes him as a character, and I really think he's given up on the Sansapuss
-"I felt nothing" and neither did I Dany
-Tyrion being made Hand of the Queen was pretty neato
-When did Arya learn how to change faces?
-How many months did it take for her to get there?
-Why couldn't we have seen Walder Frey at least eat the drat pie?
-It's a bad idea to keep a great library in the same room as a giant loving humid book destroying mold inducing water feature
-Leaving a mercenary company to police the slave cities who're just going to go back to slaving and fighting each other the minute your dragons leave :lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

MrSlam posted:

-When did Arya learn how to change faces?

The face changing thing has the least explained rules of anything. Do they need access to the wall of faces, or can they do it through magic like we saw Jaqen do the first time? Did Arya nick a few before she left, or can she now do the magic version?

The showrunners - "Shut up, she can change faces now, loving deal with it."

• Locked thread