Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Wait a sec is that Tiffany from Rival Schools in the background?

Oh snap and Hinata, too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Why is this update so substantial when they had jack poo poo to give out last month?? Capcom.....

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
i havent been so mad at a background since the days of future past deceased cyclops poster in marvel 3

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Cat Machine posted:

Why is this update so substantial when they had jack poo poo to give out last month?? Capcom.....

I think you answered your own question.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

A.o.D. posted:

I think you answered your own question.
But surely some of this was done last month? Seems weird to hold it all back when people were flipping tf out about no content last month

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I'm unreasonably excited for the new stages.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

Baal posted:

Season 2 seems p likely tbh

They actually announced they're doing this awhile back but I know I've seen some people wonder whether they'd still go through with it.

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

Jack Trades posted:

]
Also, why isn't Urien naked? Come the gently caress on, Capcom.

So they could sell it to you for $4.99

Crown Face
Sep 24, 2008

Cat Machine posted:

But surely some of this was done last month? Seems weird to hold it all back when people were flipping tf out about no content last month

Apparently submitting patches for approval on PSN is super expensive, and if you fail certification on a patch for excessive bugs, security issues, etc., then you don't get that money back. The reason why the March patch in particular, the one that was supposed to keep new players playing, came out so late and never had a set date, is because they probably failed to have the patch certified a few times. There's no reason to us why they couldn't release Ibuki and story mode alone, but considering their situation, it's probably hard to justify spending money on multiple patches <30+ days apart from one another.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Crown Face posted:

Apparently submitting patches for approval on PSN is super expensive, and if you fail certification on a patch for excessive bugs, security issues, etc., then you don't get that money back. The reason why the March patch in particular, the one that was supposed to keep new players playing, came out so late and never had a set date, is because they probably failed to have the patch certified a few times. There's no reason to us why they couldn't release Ibuki and story mode alone, but considering their situation, it's probably hard to justify spending money on multiple patches <30+ days apart from one another.

I thought that was true for Microsoft but not for PSN? Unless it changed recently... (Which is why Silent Hill: HD Remaster got a PSN update but never got an Xbox update)

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Peewi posted:

They'll give you Karin and background characters instead

are there any actual articles about this or any other summer dlc costumes?

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

hiddenriverninja posted:

are there any actual articles about this or any other summer dlc costumes?

http://www.capcom-unity.com/haunts/blog/2016/06/27/sfv-balrog-to-be-included-with-ibuki-and-the-cinematic-story-mode-update

No mention of other summer costumes.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Capcom isn't releasing weirdly curated costume packs this time?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
All the broken image links is Capcom as hell.

That being said I will throw money at my monitor for the Karin Summer stuff

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
I am disappointed but not surprised that there is no Zaki in a swimsuit but still with her mask on

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Maybe there's a reason Juri doesn't remind people of Jolyne any more. :drac:

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Crown Face posted:

I would imagine a game that is PS4 exclusive would have some leeway.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

The Dave posted:

I would imagine a game that is PS4 exclusive would have some leeway.

also sony's 50 mill investment

Draynar
Apr 22, 2008

Cat Machine posted:

Probably sitting on a bunch of poo poo for their cash shop to actually be working.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTR1X2jatC0

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Don't make me buy this for PC

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Muscle?? Spirit?

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
It is loving nuts how hard it is to incorporate new poo poo playing this game. Like today I practice a combo that wasn't the usual Karin bread and butter and am trying to make a conscious effort to actually use my constantly full V for reversals and now I am constantly losing to the hordes of loving dogshit bronze Ryus. Like my brain can't handle any additional layers of decision making and just completely shuts down.

giogadi
Oct 27, 2009

Goetta posted:

It is loving nuts how hard it is to incorporate new poo poo playing this game. Like today I practice a combo that wasn't the usual Karin bread and butter and am trying to make a conscious effort to actually use my constantly full V for reversals and now I am constantly losing to the hordes of loving dogshit bronze Ryus. Like my brain can't handle any additional layers of decision making and just completely shuts down.

This is veeeery normal. Just a bit more time and it'll be muscle memory, and you'll be even stronger than before

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
I know, and I realize that just being good at footsies and like one bnb/punish combo is a pretty big ceiling to actually getting better. It is just sort of fascinating to watch myself revert back into a stupid moron when I throw just one more thing to think about when some guy is doing the same old jump in at you.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
It's because you're thinking.

I sound snide but it's not. Most of the game-of any fighting game-is acting and reacting in fractions of seconds. You're looking at the screen, you're technically processing info, but you're not exactly THINKING about what you're doing, because if you were, you couldn't and cannot act fast enough. No time to think, only to act.

Then you add long combos which also require that timing, and you start to understand why Capcom wanted to scale back that sort of thing for accessibility.

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick

Goetta posted:

this is why you hear people talk about the nebulous concept of "playing to improve vs playing to win." There is a definite reality to breaking down your gameplay to get to the next level.

Sick! Thats DOPE
Aug 1, 2008

Oh sick man thats sick
It also says in the blog post that Juri and Urien will be playable in this update in story mode, whatever that will entail. Big update indeed, I barely play the game now and I'll probably buy the beach background

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Sick! Thats DOPE posted:

It also says in the blog post that Juri and Urien will be playable in this update in story mode, whatever that will entail. Big update indeed, I barely play the game now and I'll probably buy the beach background

It'll probably be like MKX where certain characters weren't in the game yet but you fought them in Story Mode (though here it may shake both ways); I'm curious how that beach level will play out, especially with Birdie's can and Juri's ground fireball.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Sick! Thats DOPE posted:

I'm thinking the story mode will do some Mortal Kombat style thing where you switch who you're playing as the story dictates rather than choosing a character and playing through their respective story mode. By allowing Juri and Urien to be playable it means they're probably releasing the final version of the story mode now and won't updated it any when Juri and Urien actually release. But again, this is all just speculation on my part, so who knows the real reason.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Wait a sec is that Tiffany from Rival Schools in the background?

Zaa Boogie posted:

Oh snap and Hinata, too

I'm goddamn surprised Capcom remembered what Rival Schools was.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
The broken image links just ...

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Commissar Ken posted:

I'm goddamn surprised Capcom remembered what Rival Schools was.

"hey, here's a reference to a game you liked, please buy this new game that contains it" has been capcoms MO with this game and as a company in general for a while now

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I still find it amusing that Street Fighter IV ended up having nearly every recognizable Final Fight character except for Haggar as a playable character

(Maki only sorta counts, and I don't expect anyone to remember Carlos or whoever was in Final Fight 3)

Doggir
Dec 24, 2013

I still find it amusing that Street Fighter IV ended up having nearly every recognizable Final Fight character except for Haggar as a playable character

(Maki only sorta counts, and I don't expect anyone to remember Carlos or whoever was in Final Fight 3)

Haggar when?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

If I play SFV on a CRT will I have fewer frames of input delay

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Smoking Crow posted:

If I play SFV on a CRT will I have fewer frames of input delay

Yes. Also try playing without a PCB. I hear they add input lag too.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

if you use monster cables you can get back like 20 frames easy

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Don't forget gold-plated HDMI cables.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

bhsman posted:

It'll probably be like MKX where certain characters weren't in the game yet but you fought them in Story Mode (though here it may shake both ways); I'm curious how that beach level will play out, especially with Birdie's can and Juri's ground fireball.

Well, specifically the player is supposed to be able to play as them know story mode. Not just them showing up.

And the can should float, obviously. :colbert: