Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Roro posted:

Hey guys check out this new health food, apricot kernels!

You can find them in WholeFoods!

Hang on, aren't apricot kernels a bad thing?

Shiiiiiit.

Someone send this to LA Beast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Regalingualius posted:

All those words for a sport where you turn left 500 times.

I was of this opinion until I actually watched a race live at the track and now I'm not at all ashamed to admit that

FCKGW posted:

NASCAR is cool and good

They might seem to be just going roundy-round but that ignores the nuances. Also, they go suuuuuper fast.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

FCKGW posted:

Someone send this to LA Beast

Please don't give goons any stupid ideas, for they do not know what they are doing. Especially if said ideas might kill people.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
He doesn't even do those eating challenges anymore.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

oh dope posted:

He recently posted an 'awful food video' to his secondary channel but he just looked at the food and threw it away, he didn't eat it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7UQsgimyvs

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 09:38 on Jun 27, 2016

Croisquessein
Feb 25, 2005

invisible or nonexistent, and should be treated as such

oh dope posted:

Good, those stupid challenges were killing him. Competitive eating is stupid. Don't die because somebody said to drink motor oil or whatever, it's not worth it.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

She looks eerily like the Player 2 version of Tammy from Bob's Burgers here.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

Memento posted:

I was of this opinion until I actually watched a race live at the track and now I'm not at all ashamed to admit that

They might seem to be just going roundy-round but that ignores the nuances. Also, they go suuuuuper fast.
Explain the nuances. We'll wait.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Explain the nuances. We'll wait.

Sound and fury; racing takes place nearly entirely in your field of view (unlike other motorsport); resource management is a HUGE deciding factor which leads to some interesting results; races aren't nearly as long as you'd think when you're actually in the stands.

gently caress it watch this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtcbsi8itHw

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Testekill posted:

She's a 15?-16? year old girl that is embarrased about something that she did when she was 12. Also the producer on the track (the guy that's on screen there, I don't remember his name) comes across as a bit of a creep and a weirdo.

She was 14 when she released Friday and shes 19 now. That's like a 2 second Wikipedia search.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

exploding mummy posted:

two drivers wrecked in a NASCAR race tonight

they decided to fight

the one in a blue firesuit is a goon.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Arbite posted:

New Botchamania.

12:54.

loving brutal.

https://vimeo.com/171929802

I just got around to watching this and what the gently caress is the deal with those unbreakable Japanese tables??? :psyduck:

For some reason they were using trestle tables made of 1" thick wood over a thick metal frame that went the entire length of the table instead of using 1/2" particle board over a frame which has a gap in the middle. You can see it even better in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lyQSFoXo48&t=585s

I guess one of the wrestlers pissed off the wrong props guy?

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I just got around to watching this and what the gently caress is the deal with those unbreakable Japanese tables??? :psyduck:

Japan's mentality for prograps has always been "The best way to make it look real is to make it real."

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Hardcore Japanese wrestling usually involves a level of blading so severe it turns the entire mat red.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Yeah, WWE tables are gimmicked to break super easy, I think they're made of particle board? Japanese wrestling or the more hardcore American feds will use just straight up wooden tables that will not break as easy.

Speaking of tables I remember a story of some indie fed, I THINK it might have been CZW? Where they had a match where they lit the table on fire.They poured lighter fluid all over it and when the dude got smashed through it, the fluid basically ran down onto his body and he got awful 3rd degree burns over his chest.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

OldTennisCourt posted:

Yeah, WWE tables are gimmicked to break super easy, I think they're made of particle board? Japanese wrestling or the more hardcore American feds will use just straight up wooden tables that will not break as easy.

Speaking of tables I remember a story of some indie fed, I THINK it might have been CZW? Where they had a match where they lit the table on fire.They poured lighter fluid all over it and when the dude got smashed through it, the fluid basically ran down onto his body and he got awful 3rd degree burns over his chest.

Not gimmicked, just cheap. They actually use the tables to bleed momentum. Makes hitting the floor/mat hurt less.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
I hope you can stomach losses and hold out for a hero if you are a Google/Alphabet stock owner. They were both trading for over $700.

Don't let the Devil win.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

For some reason they were using trestle tables made of 1" thick wood over a thick metal frame that went the entire length of the table instead of using 1/2" particle board over a frame which has a gap in the middle. You can see it even better in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lyQSFoXo48&t=585s

That would have been the Elgin/Omega match from Dominion which was absolutely amazing.

New Japan is very much still in the traditional sporting contest sort of mindset, and never really got on the extreme gimmick match bandwagon (that was FMW) so it doesn't surprise me if they didn't know what sort of table to get.

As a point of reference, that ladder match was the first NJPW ladder match in the history of the promotion. Comparatively speaking WWE first had a major ladder match at Wrestlemania 9 (so 23 years ago) and run 2 or 3 high profile ones throughout the year.

Just really a different mindset in that promotion.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

For some reason they were using trestle tables made of 1" thick wood over a thick metal frame that went the entire length of the table instead of using 1/2" particle board over a frame which has a gap in the middle.

I was in the ER at the same time as some guy who had some damaged vertebrae because, at some point in the past, he had been smashed over the head with a nice, solid folding chair, because some Canadian promoter hadn't read the prop instructions. He would occasionally scream in the middle of the conversation while they were working on him.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

ratbert90 posted:

She was 14 when she released Friday and shes 19 now. That's like a 2 second Wikipedia search.

Who has time for that?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Jamfrost posted:

I hope you can stomach losses and hold out for a hero if you are a Google/Alphabet stock owner. They were both trading for over $700.

Don't let the Devil win.

What am I missing here? It's been fluctuating for better than a year.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

https://twitter.com/AP/status/747487025016733701

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Holy poo poo.

One Swell Foop
Aug 5, 2010

I'm afraid we have no time for codes and manners.

Solice Kirsk posted:

What am I missing here? It's been fluctuating for better than a year.

Let him who hath understanding reckon it, for it is a human number...

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

Holy poo poo.

And I thought I was being silly when I held off on an Amazon UK order because the rate hadn't dipped enough. Oh, I think I was very, very wrong. This is going to get all sorts of frightening.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

And I thought I was being silly when I held off on an Amazon UK order because the rate hadn't dipped enough. Oh, I think I was very, very wrong. This is going to get all sorts of frightening.

Oh, yeah. We're all in for a ride.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

One Swell Foop posted:

Let him who hath understanding reckon it, for it is a human number...

Oooooohhhh. Now I get it. Totally went over my head. Even had a devil comment in the quote. Ugh, I hate it when I don't get jokes.

Stex T
Mar 7, 2005

Shut the fuck up and get out. Have fun being a slave of the rich and powerful.

For context, Britain now has a lower credit rating than Lehman Bros. and AIG did before the 2008 crash.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I love the comments too:

quote:

@AP Purely vindictive. No bearing in reality. GB was a global economic leader for 200 years before the EU even existed.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Stex T posted:

For context, Britain now has a lower credit rating than Lehman Bros. and AIG did before the 2008 crash.

Yea, context is def helpful with this.

I don't really get it though, the referendum is non-binding. So, just don't leave the EU!

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
The vote didn't go the way the higher-ups wanted, so now's the time to do everything possible to scare the poo poo out of the public (and/or associate them with dumb old racists) so that enough people change their minds and vote the correct way during the inevitable do-over. Democracy*!

E: for those who don't remember, this wouldn't be the first time:
Most states ratified the treaty in parliamentary processes. The Republic of Ireland was the only member state to hold a referendum on the subject. In a first vote held on 12 June 2008 (the first Lisbon referendum) the treaty was rejected; however a second vote was held on 2 October 2009 (the second Lisbon referendum) and the treaty was approved.

Sentient Data has a new favorite as of 19:40 on Jun 27, 2016

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

nerdz posted:

I love the comments too:

My fav was this one:
https://twitter.com/EnemyWithinn/status/747487125927510022

E: quoted wrong comment

Proteus Jones has a new favorite as of 19:44 on Jun 27, 2016

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

KoRMaK posted:

Yea, context is def helpful with this.

I don't really get it though, the referendum is non-binding. So, just don't leave the EU!
Holding a referendum and then ignoring the results wouldn't make the government look very good from a democratic point of view.

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Take a new poll: do you regret the way you voted?

Hahaha Its easy!

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Sentient Data posted:

The vote didn't go the way the higher-ups wanted, so now's the time to do everything possible to scare the poo poo out of the public (and/or associate them with dumb old racists) so that enough people change their minds and vote the correct way during the inevitable do-over. Democracy*!

My favorite part about this whole dumb thing is that a significant number of the "Leave" Voters were "Protest voting" in an attempt to pump up the numbers and scare the government, never thinking that they'd actually push high enough to reach a majority.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Isn't this exactly what everyone was warned would happen? And then somebody came out and basically said "Well, who needs experts?" Am I misremembering?

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I like that Boris Johnson, one of the leaders of the Leave campaign, is scared out of his wits now and has no clue what to do. He was planning to lose, so he could blame the Remain camp for all the lovely things happening to the UK in the coming decades.

I have no clue what'll happen next. They can't ignore this referendum, but they also are required to debate the petition for a 2nd referendum, which got almost 4 million signatures by now. And the fact that Scotland and possibly Northern Ireland will leave if they go on with this.

I wouldn't say brexit is definite, yet.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003

KoRMaK posted:

Take a new poll: do you regret the way you voted?

Hahaha Its easy!
Doesn't look like they do, by and large.

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/746820394217259008

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

Yea so I don't understand that either. So the regret isn't real?

So those protest poll are garbage and actually a small minority? And most of the votes are sincere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
So it would appear. At least, based on this one poll.