Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Henchman of Santa posted:

Dejan I appreciate your efforts to reverse the one drop rule, but it's time for a true Caucasian Sensation in the NBA and his name is Henry Ellenson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

BallisticClipboard posted:

The Team USA Roster is out; Somehow, we found 12 people willing to go to Rio.

There's a few people on the roster but not pictured: http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2016/6/25/12031578/2016-summer-olympics-team-usa-basketball-roster-list-rio-de-janeiro

Who, the coaches?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

This looks like it's from a Halloween costume catalog

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Dejan Bimble posted:

??? Klay Thompson, Blake Griffin, Steph Curry, Zach LaVine? ? ?

Edit: Ben Simmons???

Don't forget Rudy Gobert and Aaron Gordon!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

EvanTH posted:

Don't forget Rudy Gobert and Aaron Gordon!

Americans only.

LOOK I AM A TURTLE
May 22, 2003

"I'm actually a tortoise."
Grimey Drawer
Who was the first biracial NBA star?

BallisticClipboard
Feb 18, 2013

Such a good worker!

IcePhoenix posted:

Who, the coaches?

Not going to lie, I thought Carmelo was his last name.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

straight up brolic posted:

Brogdon is the unanimous "this guy should have gone before someone named papa john" player of the draft. He'll be a good role player in the league and is in the perfect situation.

He seems like a super borderline NBA guy to me who is okay at a lot of stuff but not really spectacular in any way; second round felt about right.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Is Davis hurt or is he just being a disappointing bitch boi

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
You just wait until Meyers Leonar-ahhahahahaha

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

zelah posted:

You just wait until Meyers Leonar-ahhahahahaha

The Amphora... RISES

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Is there anyone in the NBA whose wingspan is roughly their height? Love and Griffin maybe? I feel like it's become a league of Tayshaun Princes.
In general people's wingspans are a little longer than their heights (esp. without shoes), so a bit of a gap is expected. Jabari's measurements are pretty similar to Love and Griffin. I think Olynyk's is less than his height but I don't know who else.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
Brook Lopez/Kevin Love/Haywardd/JJ Redick/JJ Barea

Best all white starting 5 I could put together

What happened to all the white PGs?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Rubio would be roughly a billion times better than Barea in that lineup

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Ricky Rubio and Goran Dragic

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
Does no one else find this Thon Maker stuff as hilarious as I do?

How could you think you could just take an 18 year old, pretend he's a 14 year old and get away with it?

How did he get away with it and actually get drafted?

This isn't a situation where the age was lost/fudged when he immigrated. He went through high school twice and apparently the Bucks couldn't get anyone to figure that out before the draft.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

White people lack the necessary craftiness and creativity to be point guards.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Tae posted:

Ricky Rubio and Goran Dragic

Euros don't count for this exercise.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Bashez posted:

How could you think you could just take an 18 year old, pretend he's a 14 year old and get away with it?

This isn't a situation where the age was lost/fudged when he immigrated. He went through high school twice and apparently the Bucks couldn't get anyone to figure that out before the draft.

I was reading the stuff on reddit earlier today and I love it. It's not like it was even hidden all that well.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Ate BBQ ribs in Nashville yesterday. Was pretty good. I hope the Kings sign Mike Conley this offseason

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Bashez posted:

For anyone who didn't see, https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/4pgnd5/fischer_several_teams_have_entirely_ruled_thon/age

quote:

Surprised this has taken so long to come out, I live in the same city in Australia that Maker migrated too (Perth) and one of my friends showed me his older sisters graduation book - which Maker is pictured in and she graduated in 2010/2011 (making her 22-23 this year and most likely him). Will add the photo now.
Edit: http://imgur.com/WjzgdGI
Edit 2: Don't have any other proof to add. Often (always I would almost say, with this being no exception) in Australia, photos such as this are grouped in age groups, with this particular photo being his year 12 or final year photo (17-18 years old). Proof that this is his year 12 photo, can be confirmed by the investigator work the other redditors have done - i.e. the fact that "Susan" is 23 now.

He's as old as Malcom Brogdon and he barely held his own against the best high school players. Good scam

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

White people were scared off of the PG position by Allen Iverson's thuggish rapper clothes.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

White people lack the necessary craftiness and creativity to be point guards.

Counterpoint: Jason Williams.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dejan Bimble posted:

For anyone who didn't see, https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/4pgnd5/fischer_several_teams_have_entirely_ruled_thon/age

He's as old as Malcom Brogdon and he barely held his own against the best high school players. Good scam

That's an older topic, use this one, has more info - https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/4q3bvy/research_into_thon_makers_age_probably_far_older/

http://imgur.com/a/Lu7Ws

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Kristaps Porzingis/Kristaps Porzingis/Kristaps Porzingis/Kristaps Porzingis/Marc Gasol if he's healthy (he's not)

Bashez posted:

I remember when he first got minifamous on youtube and it was basically just "WOW LOOK HOW TALL THIS 7TH GRADER IS"
edit: 8th grader

EvanTH fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jun 27, 2016

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Jarrod Uthoff is on the Kings Sumner League team. MV hour excited should I be

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

White people were scared off of the PG position by Allen Iverson's thuggish rapper clothes.

Lmao

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Brook Lopez is mixed, Barea's Puerto Rican which might be a grey area.

Steve Blake, Redick, Hayward, Love, Mason Plumlee

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Dejan Bimble posted:

Bahahahaha

That's hilarious how brazen he was. He didn't even borrow his friend's identity like Oviedo in baseball.

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:

EvanTH posted:

Kristaps Porzingis/Kristaps Porzingis/Kristaps Porzingis/Kristaps Porzingis/Marc Gasol if he's healthy (he's not)

I remember when he first got minifamous on youtube and it was basically just "WOW LOOK HOW TALL THIS 7TH GRADER IS"
edit: 8th grader

That is apparently the year after his age conversion, he was 17 or 18 and had just graduated high school then.

Is the theory, anyway.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
https://twitter.com/highkin/status/747461968051773440?s=09

:lol:

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
http://www.nba.com/grizzlies/video/mikeconley-our-conductor-160627

We can't lure any high value free agents to our team, but drat if we can't do our best to retain them. Same thing we did with Marc last year.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

zelah posted:

Brook Lopez is mixed, Barea's Puerto Rican which might be a grey area.

Steve Blake, Redick, Hayward, Love, Mason Plumlee

I thought the Lopez twins were latino.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Bashez posted:

That is apparently the year after his age conversion, he was 17 or 18 and had just graduated high school then.

Is the theory, anyway.

I hope his second time through high school was a complete billy madison experience, especially with those 7th graders

I think he's saying they're White Hispanic like George Zimmerman the famous murderer

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Cuban dad, him and the third brother are much darker.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

they became part-white when they went to stanford

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Is there anyone in the NBA whose wingspan is roughly their height? Love and Griffin maybe? I feel like it's become a league of Tayshaun Princes.

Didn't Yao Ming have weirdly short arms?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

NickRoweFillea posted:

http://www.nba.com/grizzlies/video/mikeconley-our-conductor-160627

We can't lure any high value free agents to our team, but drat if we can't do our best to retain them. Same thing we did with Marc last year.

I hope Conley doesn't leave. It wouldn't be right man. It wouldn't be right.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's entirely on the Grizzlies if Conley leaves, which is the max 5 year at like 24 million annual.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Hey neat Devin Booker signed with the Knicks for Summer League. That's the Devin Booker who is French MVP and Trevor's older brother, not the white kid on the Phoenix Suns.

Bashez posted:

Is the theory, anyway.

It definitely was. The only thing that made it believable that he was in 8th grade was he was super uncoordinated and did not at all appear comfortable in his new body.

• Locked thread