Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

spud posted:

We gave them free university education, free medical prescriptions, free eye-examinations (yep, you need to pay for all this in England)....but they still hate England.

I don't want them to leave the union though. Scotland is a great place to go to get away from work.

I was for keeping the union together, but I tire of Scotland's bellyaching and Ireland is already gone. Time to sod it and join the Americans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
All the Saxons should gently caress off to Germany. The Welsh are the true heirs of the island!

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Maoist Pussy posted:

I was for keeping the union together, but I tire of Scotland's bellyaching and Ireland is already gone. Time to sod it and join the Americans.

if the americans take the UK as a state they're even dumber than we are

who the gently caress would want 60 million of the stupidest, ugliest motherfuckers on earth and their soggy rock of a country

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Decebal posted:

All the Saxons should gently caress off to Germany. The Welsh are the true heirs of the island!

britain for britons!

Punk da Bundo
Dec 29, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
uhh anti polish sentiment just seems retarded , I can't see modern Americans getting mad at any kind of white Christian immigrant population ...Mexicans and Arabs tho ...

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
How many Poles does it take to kill Britain? none lol, the brits did it themselves like idiots

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

if the americans take the UK as a state they're even dumber than we are

who the gently caress would want 60 million of the stupidest, ugliest motherfuckers on earth and their soggy rock of a country

Together we could Empire the world pretty hardcore though. You have the experience and we have the weapons.

What an erotic thought !

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Decebal posted:

Together we could Empire the world pretty hardcore though. You have the experience and we have the weapons.

What an erotic thought !

An unstoppable fleet of F-35s and Harriers

lol

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
Well played, Sir!

quote:

Paul johnson
‏@paul__johnson

Billionaire Peter Hargreaves gave Leave £3m because exit EU 'better for UK'. Lost £410m since Friday #consequences

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Pon de Bundy posted:

uhh anti polish sentiment just seems retarded , I can't see modern Americans getting mad at any kind of white Christian immigrant population ...Mexicans and Arabs tho ...

right the anti-polish sentiment was in the past back when they were coming over here in larger numbers. "polish jokes" are a remnant of those days. but they aren't coming over here in large numbers anymore, they are however going to the UK which is why anti-Polish sentiment is a thing that currently exists there.

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Hey Brits can someone fill me in in what's happening over there? It's literally the first working day since this thing happened and the crybabies are wailing that everything is now a disaster and England is crumbling.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Danger Mahoney posted:

Hey Brits can someone fill me in in what's happening over there? It's literally the first working day since this thing happened and the crybabies are wailing that everything is now a disaster and England is crumbling.

everyone in charge has jumped ship

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Nation posted:

This doesn't actually seem to be a joke btw

Szymanski
Jul 31, 2005

You down with OCP?
Sugartime Jones

Pon de Bundy posted:

no but seriously what's up with anti polish racism ?

Comin over ere earnin money an openin shops, tawkin in dere fancy dan languages and steelin are ouses :argh:

fawkin parersyts

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

Broken Cog posted:

i never joke

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Nation posted:

This is a good sign.

remember, captains are honor bound to go down with their ships

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Nation posted:

No I mean what is it like for regular people. The whole disaster seems to consist of very rich people temporarily losing wealth and politicians playing musical chairs. If you are a poster in the UK, what was your morning like? What changed?

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

Nation posted:

They had to sell austerity which was known to be factually wrong but whatever so the press tied it to immigrants stealing jobs and ~~the economy~~ while the tories went on to privatise and sell everything to themselves & friends behind the facade of austerity & recovery by subservience to the financiers - at some point there were riots everywhere, the muslims invaded and a single issue party got millions of votes to kick out the immigrants but no seats to effect policy except by using a fog horn from the thames because the same people that voted for ukip got lied to by the same idiots into thinking that fair representation in counting votes was a mistake.

It's all become a pig loving farce and the fall guy has already fallen so now everyone who got angry about all the wrong people will spend another election cycle stumbling around thinking they did all this themselves and they caused billions in losses to a bloated, broken, infinitely wealthy financial sector that has stripped the country bare and wants to sell the shell back to us. The apathy and discontent is near complete in the youth and poor of the country, the youth already had their votes sold to the tories by camerons school friend, the poor are loving lost, with nobody able to reach them or explain rationally to them because the alarmist politics and warranted distrust, well let's not say warranted let's say casus belli on an entire system that has hosed them again and again for decades that its basically down to us vs them with them being whoever you personally don't quite like, but it works if we just say them or all agree on just saying muslim. It's hard to really describe the real motivations behind the vast unwashed masses but its so far removed from a middle class twitter persona the internet isn't the place to get to know the true complexities of a working class brittan but you can be sure they are victims of a brutal class system that acts without mercy, lawfully, without truth and shelved the logic that a country should work to the betterment of all.

Actually yea its everyone's fault for being an ignorant buck tooth pasty looking clown face mongoloid sounding club foot chinless inbred small minded post imperialist oval office but i digress

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Broken Cog posted:

Hmmmm, your red text makes me think I should question your apparent knowledge on "jokes."

I choose to trust you on this one though.

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

one thing i've noticed from watching this brexit thing, along with the scottish referendum, and corbyn's rise to power in the labour party...

UK news coverage might literally be worse than the US now. holy poo poo. i don't know when this downhill slide occurred but the entire body of news reporting in the UK is hopelessly, irreparably hosed. I can see now why your cold gay country is dying. it's literally the same 'neoliberal consensus' but even more out of touch and ignorant, with flagrant racism thrown in. it's like every single journalist and editorialist lives in the alternate universe where yahoo answers comments come from, where 2+2=5 and everyone's on fire

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Nation posted:

Cameron is a pig loving waste of life but I gotta say his recent strategy is some good trolling
- gets into power by promising a referendum he expects to win
- referendum doesn't go the way he wanted
- goes "lol well i'm not gonna be the one to push the button, over to you idiots" *drops mic*
- the people that wanted to leave the eu all poo poo themselves because they lied about literally everything just to provoke an internal power struggle that they hoped to come out on top of, never expected we'd actually vote to leave the eu
- goes and has sex with another pig (probably)

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
http://twitter.com/MsEntropy/status/747475894550179840

It's really interesting watching a country that's not mine be incredibly, incontrovertibly stupid for once. In little England, fash bashes you.

Also this corbyn as scapegoat thing is gross.

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

quote:

Mike Bird Verified account
‏@Birdyword

UK's last AAA rating gone: S&P cuts UK to AA, negative outlook

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

Quote-Unquote posted:

Cameron is a pig loving waste of life but I gotta say his recent strategy is some good trolling
- gets into power by promising a referendum he expects to win
- referendum doesn't go the way he wanted
- goes "lol well i'm not gonna be the one to push the button, over to you idiots" *drops mic*
- the people that wanted to leave the eu all poo poo themselves because they lied about literally everything just to provoke an internal power struggle that they hoped to come out on top of, never expected we'd actually vote to leave the eu
- goes and has sex with another pig (probably)

:mrapig:

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
britains credit rating now worse than finlands, aka the sick old man of the EU

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

lol funny

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

lol remember when we would of flayed our kids living just to keep that credit rating post crash

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

lol if only this was real

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
thank god they still have boris johnson and nigel farage

my prediction: come the end of the decade, england will be reduced to a bunch of warring city states while city remains a heavily fortified banker refuge where they do hookers & blow while burning money to stay warm. scotland secedes, rebuilds hadrians wall and stays in the eu but is reduced to the level of romania.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tthhdGYwvYg

TL;DW

After two world wars and the advent of nuclear bombs, Churchill urged the formation of "the United States of Europe" to avoid another world war. Or mouth into hell that would devour Europe.
Britain enters the EU and jockeys with China and America as the largest economies in the world.

Until BREXIT...

WW3 incoming...

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

Pon de Bundy posted:

no but seriously what's up with anti polish racism ? anti Indian or Pakistani or whatever makes more sense but to pick on random polish people doesn't ..do they have a reputation of being a bunch of thieving criminals or something
indians won over the british with their cuisine to the extent that the chicken tikka masala is considered the national loving dish

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Szymanski posted:

Comin over ere earnin money an openin shops, tawkin in dere fancy dan languages and steelin are ouses :argh:

fawkin parersyts

and before them, 2000bc, 4000 years ago it was the beaker folk, wasn't it? bloody beaker folk! the beaker folk, coming over here. rowing up the tagus estuary, from the iberian peninsula on improvised rafts! bloody beaker folk, coming over here with their beakers, with their drinking vessels. Whats wrong with just cupping up the water in your hands!? and licking it up like a cat!?

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
everyones crying about Britain becoming a broke poo poo house like its a bad things. whites actually breed when theyre poor. the rest of eu can keep patting itself on the back when its indistinguishable from the me in 100 years.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The US will welcome you into our fold just like all children do when their parents grow too old to care for themselves.

US is good kids.
Australia and Canada are the lovely kids that don't even call on holidays, but keep your picture up to ease their own conscience.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Can't wait to see how the UK weasels out of the referendum :munch:

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I'm mostly looking forward to when England joins the other impoverished countries and I can get a hooker for two American dollars.

Warm und Fuzzy
Jun 20, 2006

Will the Brexit protect Europe from soccer violence?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I'm mostly looking forward to when England joins the other impoverished countries and I can get a hooker for two American dollars.

I'm planning on visiting England in the next couple years so the worse off it is the better. If it turns into an English speaking Mexico, but with mildew instead of beaches, I would love it.

• Locked thread