Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Infinity Gaia posted:

I see. By the way, I did my first one pretty casually but now I'm wondering, how many master orbs are there in the game? I assume there's at least enough to class change each character, but maybe not to get everyone both classes? Of course, I'd rather hope there were precisely 14 orbs in the game (It's pretty drat obvious HETEROCHROMIA LONE WOLF will join eventually) but you never know with this stuff.

I think there's enough for both but I'm not sure. You get one for every character sidestory you finish at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Len posted:

Just started chapter 2. So far I really like it but the voice track is grating just because I don't understand anything being said so it sounds like gibberish.

Why does everyone have giant jiggling boobs? Like they look like basketballs attached to their chests.

Do what I did and turn the voices off entirely. Doesn't do anything for the jiggling boobs in your face, sadly.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Can some people seriously not stand to hear a language they can't understand?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I like the Japanese voice acting even if I can't understand most of it. It's worth it for moments like:

Regy Rusty posted:

I love this game

ABSOLUTO KAWAII!

Also seriously, calling a foreign language "gibberish"?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
There is something to be said about the battles and running around on the map. Alerts to various things while running around dungeons would be more useful in English for sure. Having watched a lot of anime subbed, I can pick out the obvious more generic battle quotes. The unsubbed banter between the characters really sucks though.

Mina = Everybody
Arigato = Thank You
Daijoubu = It will be alright

That's like half of their victory quotes.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I really don't mind the lack of dub after seeing how many vocal songs there are. Getting an entire team of trained voice actors and actresses who all will need to do at least one J-Pop number each would be kind of insane.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Does anyone know where the girl with the headphones is that you need to find in Tiki's second side quest? I've been everywhere and I can't find her.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Sakurazuka posted:

Some people don't get anything from intonation, probably the same people you hear read off a prepared text completely monotone despite not having any trouble understanding the words or meaning. I guess it's fair to say people don't all process language the same way.

I suppose some people are just afraid of someone overhearing cartoon girls squealing though

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

ImpAtom posted:

I really don't mind the lack of dub after seeing how many vocal songs there are. Getting an entire team of trained voice actors and actresses who all will need to do at least one J-Pop number each would be kind of insane.

They probably could have gotten voice actors with similar voices for the dialog and just left the songs undubbed.

But for a game that they probably aren't expecting to get huge sales numbers, I can totally understand why they wouldn't bother. It would be nice to get text popups for the battle chatter, but I can deal.

I only just got up to chapter 3, but I love this insane fever dream of a game.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

CrashCat posted:

I suppose some people are just afraid of someone overhearing cartoon girls squealing though

Those voices carry far. At least in english the context is understood.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The timeline for localizing this game with voice acting probably made it knocking on the NX's launch date by then, and they want to spread out their remaining WiiU releases.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It simply was not worth the money to dub, either fully or half assed (with songs untouched) a niche jrpg on a dead system.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Not to mention they couldn't find the resources to dub the actual songs. Dubbing is one thing, music production is another beast.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Dunban posted:

Does anyone know where the girl with the headphones is that you need to find in Tiki's second side quest? I've been everywhere and I can't find her.

Turns out she was at the café.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy

Dunban posted:

Anyone know a good spot to farm the gold enemies? I need some Macca Converters.

In the Shibuya 106 Idolasphere, on the top floors, you can set up the orange dress to raise its left arm to an area with one of those green barriers you can't open until later. A Rare Mirage usually spawns in that tiny space. Use Riberama and Slowma (or the items that raise encounter rate and slows enemies) and go hog wild! It's weak to Ranged attacks, so I recommend having Ellie in your party or stockpiling darts.

And just to keep in mind for the future, the next tier of Rare Mirages is a real rear end in a top hat. It's found in the "Treasure" room of the Daitou Idolasphere up the ladder with a chest in an even more tight space. It has no weakness and you need to inflict ~60 damage in 3 rounds. For reference, Level 36 Itsuki with Matador hit for 3 on a critical with Empty Wave. The only way to really kill it is to nuke it with Non-Ice magic skills. It has really high evasion, so you can try to use Sukukaja/Sukunda with Tsubasa/Kiria, but success usually depended on landing Heavy magic skills in the first round. I recommend stockpiling Patra Stones and holding onto Null Sleep as long as you can because it does nothing but inflict mass status effects.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Sakurazuka posted:

It's so shrieky and shrill. And yeah calling a language I dont understand gibberish is rude but what else should I say? Noise? I can't make out individual words so it's just random noises coming out the tv at me.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Len posted:

It's so shrieky and shrill. And yeah calling a language I dont understand gibberish is rude but what else should I say? Noise? I can't make out individual words so it's just random noises coming out the tv at me.

Barbarbar barbar bar barbar.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Len posted:

:yikes:

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Len posted:

:whitewater:

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

This is probably more a personal problem than anything but I dislike feeling like I constantly have to run out of a dungeon to get my new radiant skills/make new weapons ASAP. Makes it take a long time to get through dungeons.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Ibram Gaunt posted:

This is probably more a personal problem than anything but I dislike feeling like I constantly have to run out of a dungeon to get my new radiant skills/make new weapons ASAP. Makes it take a long time to get through dungeons.

You really don't need to do that, honestly. Keep characters in who haven't mastered their weapons and only go back out to get more when you feel it's convenient or you absolutely need to. That way you can make as many skills and weapons as possible in one go. You can do most dungeons in just a couple trips.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
If it gets on your nerves just turn down the voice audio.

I don't mind. I like catching the little English here and there (like '"Session!" And "Good!")

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Back out every time you open a shortcut. That makes the pacing fine.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

:yeah:

Grimalkin
Oct 2, 2008
Just got the request to kill the mirage in the Shibuya Idolsphere that stole the actress's performa and screw you, game! Yes, I see where the mirage is on the map but that doesn't mean I can find my way over to that little corner with all the stupid cameras and upstairs and downstairs. I am enjoying the game as a whole, but some of the dungeon design is very frustrating. :argh:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

She fights for LOVE

Grimalkin posted:

Just got the request to kill the mirage in the Shibuya Idolsphere that stole the actress's performa and screw you, game! Yes, I see where the mirage is on the map but that doesn't mean I can find my way over to that little corner with all the stupid cameras and upstairs and downstairs. I am enjoying the game as a whole, but some of the dungeon design is very frustrating. :argh:

You should have that skill that reveals all those traps in the dungeon by then. Use that.

Grimalkin
Oct 2, 2008
It is not that I am getting caught by the cameras . . . I can't see how to get over there. The only path I can find is one that is blocked by a camera. I know I managed it the first time I was here, but that is when I was filling out my map, not trying to find my way to a particular spot.

Also, it depresses me that anytime I try to look up anything about this game, it's all about CENSORSHIP!!!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Grimalkin posted:

It is not that I am getting caught by the cameras . . . I can't see how to get over there. The only path I can find is one that is blocked by a camera. I know I managed it the first time I was here, but that is when I was filling out my map, not trying to find my way to a particular spot.

Also, it depresses me that anytime I try to look up anything about this game, it's all about CENSORSHIP!!!

Is there a point you can jump down from to get there?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Sakurazuka posted:

I just don't find it pleasant to listen to. In particular I don't like the high, screechy voices that the lady voice actresses do. It's not a big deal, though, I can just turn off the voices and get on with my life. I'm glad the game has that option.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

Grimalkin posted:

Yeah googling "Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE" or "TMS" or "TMSFE" doesn't work well when all I see are ads for the game (Good reviews which is cool) or people complaining about stuff. I just want to know where rare monster spawns are, not where to buy the SE! I clearly bought that when it was first up on Amazon GAWD.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

I just want a bestiary so I can avoid guessing weaknesses.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

You have "analysis" in the main menu, and info on previously beaten enemies on the gamepad during battle.

Motto fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jun 27, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Also it uses the FE weapon triangle so you can pretty reliably figure out their weapon weakness at least.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The boss for Mamori's first side story is kicking my rear end.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Smh if you have the voice acting off for Itsuki eating donuts

This donut is a solar system

Grimalkin
Oct 2, 2008

ChaosArgate posted:

Is there a point you can jump down from to get there?

Most likely. :( I've been jumping off everything trying to find it.

Has anyone done a class change yet? I am hesitating because I am not sure how final it is, or how rare the resources are.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Grimalkin posted:

Most likely. :( I've been jumping off everything trying to find it.

Has anyone done a class change yet? I am hesitating because I am not sure how final it is, or how rare the resources are.

There's a place with three next to each other near the end? middle? of that section, jump off the one in the middle.

e: also I beat the boss of Mamori's side story, Sukukaja + Sukunda is real good y'all

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

ImpAtom posted:

Also it uses the FE weapon triangle so you can pretty reliably figure out their weapon weakness at least.

That generally doesn't work out for monsters that aren't designed according to the FE classes. If they are though, it's pretty much on point.

Also, I'm wondering if I should class change Itsuki to Conqueror or Great Lord. I am more of a fan of the Conqueror aesthetically (and I love how it lets Itsuki learn Axe attacks), but I'm also much more a fan of casting spells (especially Thunder magic) and such which the Great Lord would give me more of, I believe.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Folt The Bolt posted:

That generally doesn't work out for monsters that aren't designed according to the FE classes. If they are though, it's pretty much on point.

Also, I'm wondering if I should class change Itsuki to Conqueror or Great Lord. I am more of a fan of the Conqueror aesthetically (and I love how it lets Itsuki learn Axe attacks), but I'm also much more a fan of casting spells (especially Thunder magic) and such which the Great Lord would give me more of, I believe.

My first weapons after I changed to Conqueror had Ziodyne. Conqueror is more damage output and Lord more Sessions/Support I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

According to info I found elsewhere there are exactly enough Master Orbs in the game to class change each character twice, so it's not a huge decision, it's just which form you want to stare at for most of the game. You can't even make the unique weapons right away anyways, if you do it as early as possible.

• Locked thread