Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Check it out: eggs was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

Check it out: eggs was

...gag inducing and void of humor?

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
did someone say check it out
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLiyZqfSb8I&t=22s

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Check it out is loving top tier quality and if you can't appreciate it i pity you

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Wizard Master posted:

Use this thread to share your thoughts on all things Tim and Eric. What's your favorite sketch? What did you think of Bedtime Stories? Are you looking forward to the new seasons of Decker and Check it Out? Have you outgrown their brand of humor? What do you think of their side projects? Is On Cinema the best thing either of them have done?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Re6pZri8Gw

tim and eric was the downfall of Adult Swim

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

Moron.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

:agreed:

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Tim & Eric are to the surreal what Monty Python was to the absurd

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting
If you like Gregg Turkington/Neil Hamburger you should watch Entertainment, a movie that asks: What if Neil Hamburger were played by a man named Neil who sneers at everyone who tries to connect with him? And what if this man chose the wrong color sunglasses?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laCKBx6dmW8

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

I'd love to watch the new Check It Out but Adult Swim uses a retard player that uses flash and some dumbshit and I can't get it to work on any browser I use no matter what the setup.

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Tim and Eric is weird to me. I thought they were pretty funny in college but honestly think their schtick is pretty weak these days. They're only really good at doing the lovely advertisement sketches.

I've seen them live twice (once with Steve Brule, the other the chrimbus special) and didn't really enjoy either time.

Has h3h3 been mentioned yet? I feel they kind of channel the T and E absurdity pretty well and actually do the non-advertisement stuff just as well if not a bit better

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
People like Tim/Eric, Eric Andre, Zach Galifianakis etc. make Hollywood culture/comedy industry palatable. Keep on keepin' on imo

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before

facebook jihad posted:

Tim and Eric is weird to me. I thought they were pretty funny in college but honestly think their schtick is pretty weak these days. They're only really good at doing the lovely advertisement sketches.

I've seen them live twice (once with Steve Brule, the other the chrimbus special) and didn't really enjoy either time.

Has h3h3 been mentioned yet? I feel they kind of channel the T and E absurdity pretty well and actually do the non-advertisement stuff just as well if not a bit better

The h3h3 maregasm video is up there as one of the best videos on YouTube. I'm on my phone so gently caress linking it but just search maregasm in YouTube and it'll pop right up! Appreciate ya

resting mitch face
Apr 9, 2005

5) I hear you.

Absolute Lithops posted:

If you like Gregg Turkington/Neil Hamburger you should watch Entertainment, a movie that asks: What if Neil Hamburger were played by a man named Neil who sneers at everyone who tries to connect with him? And what if this man chose the wrong color sunglasses?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laCKBx6dmW8

I'm kind of glad I didn't know who Neil Hamburger was before I saw this movie. If there's anything I dislike more than stand-up it's gimmicky stand-up.

Anyway, this is probably one of my favorite movies recently. The Comedy was okay too.

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

Eric Wareheim is barely tolerated; Tim Heidecker is legit funny and smart.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Lesbian Bed Death posted:

This is a good opinion, read that post ppl

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

During TGTTM I assumed because Tim played the straight man that Eric was the goofball engine of comedy, but I guess it turns out he sure doesn't do a lot on his own. Not like Tim anyway, that guy's on some other level

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting
Is Zone Theory a good book?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClvX7ED8UUI

im cute
Sep 21, 2009

Lesbian Bed Death posted:

Eric Wareheim is a video producer who got tricked into doing a comedy act by that rat devil, Tim. Essentially the reverse plot of Tom Goes to the Mayor.

Serious Party Gods
Apr 2, 2009

paco650 posted:

Eric Wareheim is a video producer who got tricked into doing a comedy act by that rat devil, Tim. Essentially the reverse plot of Tom Goes to the Mayor.

Fair enough.

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
What's the deal with the slutty looking hot chick all over Eric's Instagram? Is that his gf? He's so ugly and gross.

Absolute Lithops
Aug 28, 2011

After one long season
of waiting, after one
long season of wanting

paco650 posted:

This is basically true, except Eric is also good at directing and I dispute the notion that Tim deserves to be called a "rat devil."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lYEJDQy6XI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OS6duOoxctw

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Is he not still with Flo from Progressive / the Rats Off To Ya singer?

polysynth
Dec 12, 2006

rock out

Mustached5thGrader posted:

What's the deal with the slutty looking hot chick all over Eric's Instagram? Is that his gf? He's so ugly and gross.

thats wifey bruh

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008

Mustached5thGrader posted:

That's what money and fame does buddy

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Data Graham posted:

Is he not still with Flo from Progressive / the Rats Off To Ya singer?

they broke up a long long time ago

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

paco650 posted:

It's amusing looking at how this meta-narrative plays out (whether intentionally or not) in Awesome Show

Vacation - Eric produces an awesome video about his awesome vacation with Raz, and Tim enviously makes a crappy me-too version
Robin - Eric feels inadequate in his comedic contributions so he buys Tim a Robin Williams
Spagett - Tim gains fame and fortune and replaces Eric with Brian Posehn playing Eric

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Isaac posted:

I like how hateful tim is. I saw them live like 3 years ago and their whole show was like a gently caress you. Then he made that movie The Comedy which felt like he was making fun of the viewer the whole time.

The Comedy is great because its a drama showing how retarded ironic detachment is, but because of his background ironic hipsters tried to treat it like it was a really high comedy

Also Bedtime Stories was high art

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Get some Key Lime Pie A La Mode.

I'm talking about Ice Cream on the Side.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I don't know why but that's hilarious to me.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Everyone on everything is unfunny and inferior in talent to the viewer

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?

Millie posted:

I'm kind of glad I didn't know who Neil Hamburger was before I saw this movie. If there's anything I dislike more than stand-up it's gimmicky stand-up.

Anyway, this is probably one of my favorite movies recently. The Comedy was okay too.
You callin Hamburger a gimmick cus imabout to throw down. He plays a character on stage, just like any comedian but much more obviously so. Lord knows nobody would want to watch Gregg Turkington do standup!

I didnt see the the 2nd Alverson movie but The Comedy haunted me for weeks, if you are like our old pal niggerstomper58 and get obsessed with the concept the concept of "irony" then you should definitely check out that movie

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Millie posted:

I'm kind of glad I didn't know who Neil Hamburger was before I saw this movie. If there's anything I dislike more than stand-up it's gimmicks

Holy poo poo I'm madder than I've ever been right now

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Neil Hamburger sucks

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

vyst posted:

Neil Hamburger sucks

Mods?!

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

vyst posted:

Neil Hamburger sucks

I think those years running goonfleet auth has made you forget what comedy is.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

vyst posted:

Neil Hamburger sucks

This is the straw that breaks my heart's back...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Neil Hamburger is at his best when he's opening for bands in front of hostile crowds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9s6mmVIOIw

• Locked thread