Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

ayukawa posted:

So far I only have two complaints about Estival Versus.
This assumes we all know the benefits of button mashing in that game series.

First, said as a life-long practitioner of martial arts, unrestrained breasts of that size would be impossible to fight effectively with.
I mean, I only have B, and those can be a problem if not restrained in any engagement requiring more than just basic defensive work.
This I can get past by reminding my self, they must be channeling their Ki/Chi to harden them up during times when they need them to be more like steel and less like water-balloons.

Second, which is unforgivable, is when one of the characters is instructed by her master to go forth, learn English, and spread the word of Ninjitsu to the rest of the world. I understand it is a localization, but why would they replace English with French in the Subtitles? She is obviously speaking English in the actual voice track. They consistently use the word 英語, not the フランス語.
It made it near impossible for me to accept that part of the story. And, I have been put a lot of work into just accepting that story.

Just some thoughts is all.

This isn't a real post, is it? There is no way you could really expect a post about hardening up your boobs to go unnoticed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ayukawa
Feb 7, 2016

Nice boat.

Takoluka posted:

Anime is stupid.

It can be.
Might I suggest watching something else then?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

ayukawa posted:

It can be.
Might I suggest watching something else then?

i don't understand

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Noooooo :(

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Can you guys sum up Zero Escape VLR to someone who has never played the genre? Is it just pretty much story with/dialog choices or is there gameplay/puzzles? What's the appeal? Also how lost would I be if I never played 999?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NESguerilla posted:

Can you guys sum up Zero Escape VLR to someone who has never played the genre? Is it just pretty much story with/dialog choices or is there gameplay/puzzles? What's the appeal? Also how lost would I be if I never played 999?

There's puzzles in between the narrative bits but there still a lot of just reading. The story is very cool and it's one of those few games that really blends the mechanics into the narrative in interesting and fun ways. The characters are all rad and the voice acting in VLR is great (999 doesn't have any). It would be better to play them in order though because a lot of the third acts reveals/climaxes would have 0 impact without knowledge of the previous story, also worth playing 999 because it is just a good game as well, even if it's missing the quality of life stuff VLR added to help getting alternate endings and choices faster without having to reread dialogue you've already experienced.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Waltzing Along posted:

This isn't a real post, is it? There is no way you could really expect a post about hardening up your boobs to go unnoticed.
It's the best explanation as to why these girls never get hurt despite having their clothes dismantled in various ways.

NESguerilla posted:

Just read 999 first: http://lparchive.org/999-Nine-Hours-Nine-Persons-Nine-Doors/

It's not required to understand VLR, but it will, as they say, enhance the experience. And it acts as a useful preview of the type of game.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

NESguerilla posted:

It's amazing. The VN format allows for narrative structures that are impossible in other media. It's 90% reading with puzzles interspersed through the game. I think there are 16 puzzles in total. It is definitely better to start with 999, though. If you don't have access to a DS system, I am sure you can find a LP of it where you can read the game.

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!
just so I'm clear on that God Eater bogo preorder deal, I would have to wait until the GE2 release to actually get my copy of Resurrection, right?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Takoluka posted:

Anime is stupid.

i thought you liked neptunia

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Neptunia doesn't pretend it isn't stupid.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

nepnep doesn't pretend to be good and I can respect that

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Suicide Pacmen posted:

just so I'm clear on that God Eater bogo preorder deal, I would have to wait until the GE2 release to actually get my copy of Resurrection, right?

I took a look at this and supposedly Vita isn't getting the BOGO deal or something, but rather Resurrection and Rage Burst's combined prices add up to the cost of the PS4/Steam versions of Rage Burst so it evens out.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Lemon-Lime posted:

Does it have a manual? That stuff might be in there, the Vita manuals actually do sometimes have useful info in them.

Stats increase their main "attribute? by .5% each. At 99 points you have 50% extra to the relevant "attribute".

STR == strength damage (Barrel dood, medic, melee) , MAG == magic attacks. TEC increases XP earned and increases your guard bar by a little.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Is Zero Time Dilemma not showing up on the store yet, or am I just doing something wrong?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Is Zero Time Dilemma not showing up on the store yet, or am I just doing something wrong?

It's monday.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Why are games always released on Tuesday anyway

Is that so game stores can get a shipment on Monday and have time to put them out on shelves?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
No ones gonna ship on Sunday.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It's monday.

But there isn't even a PAGE for it yet, like what the gently caress

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
So I platinumed Odin Sphere, and am looking for a decent game to pickup next for the ol' Vita. Guess there was a sale going on that I missed? Bummer. Anyway, as someone who likes Monster Hunter but isn't 100% married it exactly, is Soul Sacrifice Delta or whatever the extended edition is called a good game? I like fighting big things, getting stronger, fighting bigger things, while numbers/abilities/whatever go up.

Also I've heard Severed is good?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Morpheus posted:

So I platinumed Odin Sphere, and am looking for a decent game to pickup next for the ol' Vita. Guess there was a sale going on that I missed? Bummer. Anyway, as someone who likes Monster Hunter but isn't 100% married it exactly, is Soul Sacrifice Delta or whatever the extended edition is called a good game? I like fighting big things, getting stronger, fighting bigger things, while numbers/abilities/whatever go up.

Also I've heard Severed is good?

Soul Sacrifice Delta and Severed are both good and you should get them.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

Lemon-Lime posted:

Soul Sacrifice Delta and Severed are both good and you should get them.

That's all the convincing I needed, thanks!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Hey so that Adventures of Mana game Square put out in mobile but not Vita overseas is now out overseas.

http://gematsu.com/2016/06/adventures-mana-ps-vita-now-available-europe

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!
It says it's a remake of final fantasy adventure, but wasn't that a remake of sword of mana, or am i getting my games mixed up?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Suicide Pacmen posted:

It says it's a remake of final fantasy adventure, but wasn't that a remake of sword of mana, or am i getting my games mixed up?

Final Fantasy Adventure was a Game Boy game, originally, and the very first game in the Mana series. It was remade into Sword of Mana on the GBA -- not everyone liked how different it turned out, though. This new one is a faithful remake.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Nope, FF Adventures = Seiken Densetsu (Mana 0), Sword of Mana was a remake of that.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Ok that Xcom port isn't nearly as lovely as it looks from Youtube videos. Still probably the roughest version but the actual controller bumps it way past the otherwise superior iOS version.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

What time does the US PSN usually update? Wanna know when I can start downloading Zero Time Dilemma on my dead gay system.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Mithaldu posted:

Just read 999 first: http://lparchive.org/999-Nine-Hours-Nine-Persons-Nine-Doors/

It's not required to understand VLR, but it will, as they say, enhance the experience. And it acts as a useful preview of the type of game.

So I just read the entire LP and...is VLR as good as 999? Because that was some pretty fantastic story telling and narrative from a video game. I'm kind of sad I missed out on 999.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Kirios posted:

So I just read the entire LP and...is VLR as good as 999? Because that was some pretty fantastic story telling and narrative from a video game. I'm kind of sad I missed out on 999.

It's hard to speak about it without hinting at spoilers, since it's a story based game, but I find the final twist lacking in comparison to the first game. Otherwise I think it's a good story, but at the time hampered by obviously not getting a sequel. Yet here we are.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Szurumbur posted:

It's hard to speak about it without hinting at spoilers, since it's a story based game, but I find the final twist lacking in comparison to the first game. Otherwise I think it's a good story, but at the time hampered by obviously not getting a sequel. Yet here we are.

The Zero Escape series strikes me as being totally about the journey, not the destination cause the twists on their own make absolutely no sense whatsoever. But the way in which you reach them are what make them enjoyable.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Bandai Namco confirmed on the PS Blog that the North American price of God Eater Resurrection will be $20.

So if Rage Burst is $40 then buying both of them is the same price as buying the PS4 version of Rage Burst that comes with a free copy of Resurrection.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Policenaut posted:

Bandai Namco confirmed on the PS Blog that the North American price of God Eater Resurrection will be $20.

So if Rage Burst is $40 then buying both of them is the same price as buying the PS4 version of Rage Burst that comes with a free copy of Resurrection.

Presumably that's a US-only thing, since my Amazon preorder for the £25 physical Vita version still says it comes with Resurrection: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01F1PH64Q/

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Captain McStabbin posted:

The Zero Escape series strikes me as being totally about the journey, not the destination cause the twists on their own make absolutely no sense whatsoever. But the way in which you reach them are what make them enjoyable.

Right,even though the ending did disappoint me a little, the whole game and the mystery was intriguing and well worth the time.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I like the destination

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

God Eater Resurrection is looking pretty good in the YouTube videos I've seen of Vita gameplay but I don't think I can handle one more MonHun-style game right now; I'm still working through Freedom Wars, I just bought Soul Sacrifice Delta during the flash sale, and MHGen is coming out on 3DS in a few weeks.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
I like the idea of getting the Vita version of Resurrection, then pre-ordering the PS4 Version of 2 and get a free copy to cross save with on the TV.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Sakurazuka posted:

Nope, FF Adventures = Seiken Densetsu (Mana 0), Sword of Mana was a remake of that.

Which means a remastered english port of SD3 is just around the corner right? Right? :negative:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What's the dub like in Zero Time Dilemma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

What's the dub like in Zero Time Dilemma

Seems pretty good to me