Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

you guys are idiots, the RNC (with their $19M cash on hand) and Super PACs are going to do all the campaigning for Trump

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Rocks posted:

you guys are idiots, the RNC (with their $19M cash on hand) and Super PACs are going to do all the campaigning for Trump
if only someone thought to give the dnc and democratic superpacs money :smith:

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Rocks posted:

I said it the other day, and I'll say it again, by the end of this election the GOP are going to be begging to see CU reversed

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Rocks posted:

SuperPACs have to pay through the loving nose for ads, they don't get cheaper rates like actual campaigns do.

And Hillary is already buying up airtime and setting the narrative (with help from Trump, because the guy cannot shut the gently caress up). Obama did the same thing to Romney in 2012.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

Goatman Sacks posted:

Maine has their own Bernie Sanders?

No. We had a rich douchebag named Eliot Cutler who became the de facto liberal candidate very late in the 2010 campaign, ahead of a very weak Dem. Cutler is center-left, emphasis on the center. LePage got 38% and Cutler got about 37%. The Dem got about 20% (and a few fringe candidates made up the rest). In 2014, Cutler ran again, but the Dem was a stronger, more established candidate (Mike Michaud). Michaud pulled in about 36%, but LePage still won with about 40%. Cutler got 15-20% in that race. gently caress Eliot Cutler and his ego.

We have a ranked choice voting referendum on the ballot this year. Can't imagine why.

Rastan Beeza
Apr 3, 2016

Pancakes and vegetables are an important part of a dragon's daily diet.

Joementum posted:

John Kasich says he's hasn't been asked and doesn't expect to speak at the convention.

The convention is being held in the state where he is currently Governor.

He's most likely going to be checking out the post-Independence Day buffets.

Tasting the freedom. :burger:

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/mike-shanahan-peter-coors-trump-fundraiser-224847

The Redman Mike Shanahan and the Coors Light Chairman will be fundraising for Trump in Colorado.

I actually do wonder what the effect of a sports legend campaigning for a guy this early out will have in a battleground state. Trump is within striking distance in Colorado.

Prof. Lurker fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jun 27, 2016

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
States too purple and brown for trump to win here

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

fade5 posted:

SuperPACs have to pay through the loving nose for ads, they don't get cheaper rates like actual campaigns do.

And Hillary is already buying up airtime and setting the narrative (with help from Trump, because the guy cannot shut the gently caress up). Obama did the same thing to Romney in 2012.

p. sure Rock was joking because 19m c-o-h would be a laughable number in June for Trump, let alone the entire party apparatus he serves. Hillary has more than twice that.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jun 27, 2016

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Mirthless posted:

p. sure Rock was joking because 19m c-o-h would be a laughable number in June for Trump, let alone the entire party apparatus he serves. Hillary has more than twice that.
You're probably right, but this thread is Irony Poisoning central; I can't tell who joking, who's ironically joking, or who's gone so far into irony it's no longer a joke anymore.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
in 2012 didnt republican superpacs waste an assload of money buying ads late because the guys who bought the ads were paid commission based on how much they bought, so they waited until the ad time got more expensive?

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

fade5 posted:

You're probably right, but this thread is Irony Poisoning central; I can't tell who joking, who's ironically joking, or who's gone so far into irony it's no longer a joke anymore.

I'm the first 2, fyi

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

HappyHippo posted:

in 2012 didnt republican superpacs waste an assload of money buying ads late because the guys who bought the ads were paid commission based on how much they bought, so they waited until the ad time got more expensive?

Yup, along with a focus on direct mailing, online boondoggles, the worst GOTV web application of all time, counter-effective ad buyins by super-pacs, surrogate chaos, a lack of campaiging in the final weeks due to overconfidence, in house polling so terrible they relied on an idiot's political neo-phytes blog, leaks up the wazoo, etc, etc.

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

HappyHippo posted:

I don't remember this but I do remember a few stories about obscenely wealthy people who wanted their contributions refunded when Romney lost because they thought they were literally buying the election.

Mighta been Rove's PAC I think.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

HappyHippo posted:

Correct

Remember this when you see the ad buy times for Trumps PACs

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

So let's say Trump does flip Maine's 2nd district, what does that spell for his electoral chances?

Oh yeah, he loses by 169 EVs instead of 170.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
States aren't that elastic. In the scenario in which Trump wins ME-2, he most likely wins the election. However...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rocks posted:

What are they waiting for?

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

GobiasIndustries posted:

Which video is this?

This is the video that doesn't exist in question, so the link is to nothing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tIk5BDHazI
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innocence_of_Muslims

Very inexpensive 'movie' made with an amateur cast, edited on some guy's Commodore 64, and yet still one of the best trolls ever made since not only did militant Islamists immediately riot in multiple cities because some dude made fun of Mohammed on Youtube, so many American embassies were being attacked by rioters at once that, not without some justification, the US at first thought the Benghazi attack was part of the general rioting.

The Republicans then used this as a bloody shirt because they to this day believe that Democrats don't yammer about evil Muslim terrorists because maybe tarring 1/5th of the world with broad strokes would be bad, but because Democrats are weak and wanted to cover for al-Qaeda to make Obama look good. This is how in conspiracy land we rapidly went to how the rioting about the movie didn't exist, to now literally the movie didn't exist. Soon Benghazi itself will no longer exist, swallowed in the Schwarzchild radius of right-wing obliteration of facts. If you know anyone in Northern Libya such as Caro, please advise them to flee the area.

Lum_ fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Jun 27, 2016

Sword and Sceptre
Jan 24, 2011

by vyelkin

Lum_ posted:

Innocence of muslims is an oxymoron.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Defiance
Jan 1, 2008

by Deplorable exmarx

Slate Action posted:

States aren't that elastic. In the scenario in which Trump wins ME-2, he most likely wins the election. However...

ME-2 is very white and very rural so I'm not sure about your logic here.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

zoux posted:

What are they waiting for?

Trump to get ratfucked out of nomination so they can spend it on the Ted Cruz?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

MariusLecter posted:

Trump to get ratfucked out of nomination so they can spend it on the Ted Cruz?

I guess.

The problem isn't "Trump is going to get outspent in the future" (though that is a giant shrieking banshee of a problem) it's "he's getting murdered 100 to zero in 8 battleground states, today, right now, as we speak". So if the trumpish /pol/splanation angle is going to be "the RNC/PACs are going to make up the difference, you effeminate liberal dicksuck", well, why aren't they doing it right now when YA BOY is getting murdered out here.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Lum_ posted:

Thank you for this, I don't think I'd ever seen the full video. I just found the full clip of Katrina's back-and-forth from that tweet too, and :lol: at that stupid response.

"Could you clarify Mr. Trump's comments about how a failing economy will be good business for him??"
"Well, BENGHAZI!!!!"

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/amyewalter/status/747540109516546049

e: p i v o t

https://twitter.com/Acosta/status/747541350665555968

Slate Action fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Jun 27, 2016

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
It feels like the convention is taking forever to get here.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

so, um

all of them?

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

The real reason Trump is going to Maine is to kick off some new initiatives from his policy speech tomorrow.

He is going to pitch building a wall along our unprotected northern boarder.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice
presumably just saudi arabia and ireland then

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

Lum_ posted:

Very inexpensive 'movie' made with an amateur cast, edited on some guy's Commodore 64, and yet still one of the best trolls ever made since not only did militant Islamists immediately riot in multiple cities because some dude made fun of Mohammed on Youtube, so many American embassies were being attacked by rioters at once that, not without some justification, the US at first thought the Benghazi attack was part of the general rioting.

The Republicans then used this as a bloody shirt because they to this day believe that Democrats don't yammer about evil Muslim terrorists because maybe tarring 1/5th of the world with broad strokes would be bad, but because Democrats are weak and wanted to cover for al-Qaeda to make Obama look good. This is how in conspiracy land we rapidly went to how the rioting about the movie didn't exist, to now literally the movie didn't exist. Soon Benghazi itself will no longer exist, swallowed in the Schwarzchild radius of right-wing obliteration of facts. If you know anyone in Northern Libya such as Caro, please advise them to flee the area.

Republicans' wailing did create a fairly funny moment at Clinton's House sub-committee hearings when she exasperatedly asked "What does it matter!?" about her being wrong about the videotape.

Benghazi is the stupidest loving thing. As is par for the Republican echo chamber at this point only their base thinks it's even a thing but they gnash their teeth so loud the GOP thinks the whole country is up in arms about it.

As someone who can't stand Clinton her emails are FAR more troubling and hammer the things that people like me already feel uneasy about, Clinton's trustworthiness and general appearance that she thinks she somehow "deserves it" and doesn't need to answer to actual bad conduct.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

lamentable dustman posted:

The real reason Trump is going to Maine is to kick off some new initiatives from his policy speech tomorrow.

He is going to pitch building a wall along our unprotected northern boarder.

Already taking ideas from future Secretary of Labor Scott Walker

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group

paranoid randroid posted:

so, um

all of them?

Belgians now barred from entry.

No word on his policy toward the country of Brussels.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
absolutely no loving basques permitted

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006

Pook Good Mook posted:

As someone who can't stand Clinton her emails are FAR more troubling and hammer the things that people like me already feel uneasy about, Clinton's trustworthiness and general appearance that she thinks she somehow "deserves it" and doesn't need to answer to actual bad conduct.

Yeah, if the Republicans just hammered her on the hubris involved in running her own email server because her email is ~~~special~~~ and thus above the law in terms of disclosure laws, they'd have some real traction, but they're so used to fictional scandals involving the Clintons and Obama they have a hard time recognizing real ones so keep mixing in the crazy conspiracy theories.

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Pook Good Mook posted:

Republicans' wailing did create a fairly funny moment at Clinton's House sub-committee hearings when she exasperatedly asked "What does it matter!?" about her being wrong about the videotape.

Benghazi is the stupidest loving thing. As is par for the Republican echo chamber at this point only their base thinks it's even a thing but they gnash their teeth so loud the GOP thinks the whole country is up in arms about it.

the only reason her emails are a thing is because of the GOP's relentless need to focus on benghazi despite the fact that there's nothing there

so yeah keep parroting that bullshit line

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

paranoid randroid posted:

absolutely no loving basques permitted

duh that's two letters away from mosques.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Trump will soon say he was calling for a metaphorical wall on the border with Mexico. This was to be expected. Paul Ryan has complete control over Trump's policy positions since he can threaten to retract his endorsement and end the presidential race whenever he wants. People genuinely thought Trump was going to campaign on a platform that was his own, and be able to hit Hillary from the left and right, when in reality he was only ever going to become an unorthodox messenger for the Romney-Ryan message.

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011

I won in a landslide*

*44.9% of the popular vote

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
corsicans? gone. the english? hell no. vietnamese? nixed.

• Locked thread