Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

SunAndSpring posted:

I eagerly await the day when Jaime becomes the Queenslayer and ends Cersei so that I can stop seeing dumbasses making excuses for that psychopath

Jaime will not be the Queenslayer, that title belongs to AIDS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CytotoxicTrev
Oct 30, 2010

So you see, without my help, they're toast!

Vegetable posted:

Gregor pulled a man apart like a toy. If you like the Hound why would you ever root for Cleganebowl

The Hound holds his own against him the one time they show them fight at the Hand's tourney near the beginning of the series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaIwtO6VWCU&t=176s

Maybe he would have the advantage against the Mountain now that we have an undead Mountain who is dimwitted and probably less agile than when he was alive? Idk

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I mean, somebody has to kill Frankenmountain somehow. If it isn't the Hound it's probably going to be Jaime, Brienne, or Arya. And I don't want any of them to get headsplatted either really.

Love Crime
Apr 4, 2016
FWIW Hound is arguably described as the better fighter throughout the books pre-zombie, everybody comments on how fast he is even for his size while everyone talks about how big and slow Gregor is.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Why does Lancel chase the boy outside the church? Wasn't he sent to collect Cersei? Also, what was the point of luring Lancel towards the bomb to begin with? Is the idea that if people start removing rubble from the crater, they'll find Lancel's body, with a torch, at ground zero and assume he's the one that blew up the church? I feel like I missed something here.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Love Crime posted:

FWIW Hound is arguably described as the better fighter throughout the books pre-zombie, everybody comments on how fast he is even for his size while everyone talks about how big and slow Gregor is.

Yeah, the Mountain isn't depicted as completely unstoppable. The only reason Oberyn doesn't beat him with a combination of reach, speed, and poison is that he gets cocky/morally indignant and refuses to just let him die without trying to force him to indict Tywin in front of the whole court.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Asehujiko posted:

Why does Lancel chase the boy outside the church? Wasn't he sent to collect Cersei? Also, what was the point of luring Lancel towards the bomb to begin with? Is the idea that if people start removing rubble from the crater, they'll find Lancel's body, with a torch, at ground zero and assume he's the one that blew up the church? I feel like I missed something here.

I'm guessing he recognised the boy for a little bird.

Why he lured Lancel in the story? gently caress knows. The real answer is having him down there on the verge of putting out the candles made the explosion less of a foregone conclusion and added tension.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Asehujiko posted:

It looked creepy.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SunAndSpring posted:

I eagerly await the day when Jaime becomes the Queenslayer and ends Cersei so that I can stop seeing dumbasses making excuses for that psychopath

I hope Jaime and Arya stab Cersei at the same time, then laugh about it and high five.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Asehujiko posted:

He saw a shifty-looking child running into some tunnel under the sept. I'm assuming the kid lured Lancel because he was specifically on Cersei's hit list and he was about to leave the sept early.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Kajeesus posted:

He saw a shifty-looking child running into some tunnel under the sept. I'm assuming the kid lured Lancel because he was specifically on Cersei's hit list and he was about to leave the sept early.

Ah yeah, I just remembered, he was on his way to the Red Keep.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
The kid didn't purposefully lure Lancel to the bomb. He ran away to a familiar dark place so he could stab him and take off.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I bet Sandor will kill his brother using fire, because it's the only thing that kills zombies, and it's also showing that his fear of fire is less than his hatred of Gregor.

BUt then question is why they'd fight? I guess there will be some reason for the Brotherhood to fight Cersei's forces, probably after joining with Jon.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I wonder if Cersei is going to have all Kingsguard secretly killed so she can be protected by seven Qyburnian zombies.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Lancel was the camera for the bomb countdown!

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

Can we just take a moment to appreciate the insanely good music in this episode? I'm so happy that the soundtrack has already been released. In my opinion, both "Lights of the Seven" and "The Winds of Winter" are masterpieces.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Arya heads north from the twins and kills littlefinger imo.

Only other option is shes heading back to kingslanding as part of the lannister house hold staff to try and take out cersei.

News of littlefingers declaration for the north would likely reach the riverlands pretty quick.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Elias_Maluco posted:

Its funny to think Jon was literally made king by a 10 years old girl

Yeah, but she's the most bad rear end ten year old in Westeros so it's not that embarrassing.

It's funny how a season after many critics left or blasted the show for misogyny, literally all the most powerful characters on the show, besides Jon, are women. I can't wait for the MRA meltdowns. Have any happened already?

whatever7
Jul 26, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Linguica posted:

Re: travel times, people have accepted that characters can travel short / medium distances within an episode, and long distances between episodes, and that's fine. But when a character is in Dorne at minute 30 of an episode and back in Meereen in minute 69 of that same episode, you've clearly thrown that rulebook out the window. Plus the fact that it was a completely unforced error, since there was no pressing need to have Varys standing on the ship for their episode-ending hero shot. The result is that it feels like the showrunners don't care about their own world and just move the characters as far as they want at any time (which is true of course, but we'd prefer they be less obvious about it).

I think the Varys talking to the pussies part was supposed to be in an earlier episode. D&D probably changed their mind and added Olenna in the meeting which pushed the scene to the last episode.

Personally I don't care, anything revolve around Dany belongs to a cheaper Showtime high fantasy. I don't care about any continuity error related to Dany.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
When that Sparrow sunk his board-with-a-nail-in-it into the Mountain's chest, was the idea that the armor blocked it, or he's a zombie and didn't even flinch that it stabbed him?

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Nichael posted:

n. I can't wait for the MRA meltdowns. Have any happened already?

I've seen rumblings in YouTube comments. I haven't seen web articles like with Fury Road yet.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

When tommen died, all I could think about was this.

edit: beaten last page and I knew i should have read the last two to catch up but i just really had to be the hip goon to post this :p

tao of lmao fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jun 28, 2016

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

When that Sparrow sunk his board-with-a-nail-in-it into the Mountain's chest, was the idea that the armor blocked it, or he's a zombie and didn't even flinch that it stabbed him?
Armor doesn't mean anything in this show, so the latter.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Up until Davos started grilling Melisandre I had forgotten that he was not present when Shireen was killed. Also, I don't remember any scenes of him discussing it after-the-fact. Did he only figure out she was burned alive when he found the deer carving? Had he previously assumed she was killed by the Boltons?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
I think this one time the ending was actually meant to strongly imply that "a significant portion of time has passed", the only plot that ended on anything resembling a sense of immediacy was Bran and Meera as we would expect them to be back at Castle Black within days or weeks, the rest of the plots could have had months between them.

The clearest chronology is that Cersei blows the sept -> Olenna goes to Dorne and meets varys -> Varys is back at Meereen by the end of the episode. So basically Cersei and Jon have already been monarchs for at least a few months and nothing exciting has so far happened. This will also make sense as Sam is revealed to have studied everything he needs and head north in the next episode.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I'm really hoping there is no explanation whatsoever for how bran gets back across the wall

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Gorson posted:

Up until Davos started grilling Melisandre I had forgotten that he was not present when Shireen was killed. Also, I don't remember any scenes of him discussing it after-the-fact. Did he only figure out she was burned alive when he found the deer carving? Had he previously assumed she was killed by the Boltons?

I'd say he either assumed that the Boltons had overrun the camp and Mel escaped, or Mel flat out lied about what happened.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Melisandre didn't even have to lie because the one time she was almost confronted about it, Brienne marched up and said hey what up davos i killed yr boy stannis.

Buckwheat Sings
Feb 9, 2005

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The second one. It actually went through pretty cleanly an inch or two. Not gutted or anything but a clean cut into the skin at the very least. I like that the holes are still there afterwards.

mastershakeman posted:

I'm really hoping there is no explanation whatsoever for how bran gets back across the wall

Me too but he'll probably be one of the biggest reasons why the wall falls. My guess that the one eyed raven didn't tell him because it's inevitable. He has to be ready regardless.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling

lezard_valeth posted:

Before departing Benjen was talking about the coming war and says something like "I wish you (both) good fortune"

Arthur Dayne had said "I wish you good fortune on the wars to come"

I don't know if it was intentional or not, but it was a happy accident.

Mance Rayder says "I wish you good fortune in the wars to come" to Stannis before being burned in the Season 5 premiere

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
There will be someone somewhere (probably Preston Jacobs) who takes the time to put down on paper how much time has passed inbetween each of the arcs this season. It'd be hilarious for instance to discover that Littlefinger is a year ahead of everyone else while Arya's been in Westeros since the High Sparrow released Margaery.

emanresu tnuocca posted:

The clearest chronology is that Cersei blows the sept -> Olenna goes to Dorne and meets varys -> Varys is back at Meereen by the end of the episode. So basically Cersei and Jon have already been monarchs for at least a few months and nothing exciting has so far happened. This will also make sense as Sam is revealed to have studied everything he needs and head north in the next episode.
Yeah, it's cleaner that they put Sam's Hogwarts training bit at the last episode since training for him would take a much longer time than Varys to whip back and forth across the Narrow Sea. And there's not much to Sam's story left anyway.

benzine
Oct 21, 2010
What I want to think is how Jon will learn his true heritage, and even more how will the rest of Westeros learn and believe it. My crippled half brother told me, doesn't have much weight.

benzine fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jun 27, 2016

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

mastershakeman posted:

I think he was dumped at the Weirwood tree outside the gate, where Sam and Jon said their oaths in Season 1, so he's not that far.

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

Gorson posted:

We don't know what he assumed previously, but I guess he got confirmation from somebody else before confronting her (just the deer would be weak proof, though it probably raised his suspicions).

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Spoilers for Season 7:

Danaerys's ship accidentally hits Gendry's rowboat, killing him.

Half-naked Dothraki all die to hypothermia in the Westeros winter.

That prostitute Maester Pycelle never paid goes berserk and kills everyone else relevant to the plot.

Final shot is a slow fade out of Ser Pounce sitting on the Iron Throne while this song plays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEg4SEch27w

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

benzine posted:

What I want to think is how Jon will learn his true heritage, and even more how will the rest of Westeros learn and believe it. My crippled half brother told me, doesn't have much wight.

Howland Reed is a Northern lord who should have some credibility. Maybe he'll have a token as proof.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

benzine posted:

What I want to think is how Jon will learn his true heritage, and even more how will the rest of Westeros learn and believe it. My crippled half brother told me, doesn't have much weight.

Rides Rhaegal or somethin'

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

tazjin posted:

We don't know what he assumed previously, but I guess he got confirmation from somebody else before confronting her (just the deer would be weak proof, though it probably raised his suspicions).

At the very least, the pyre and the deer is far more of a smoking gun than Joffrey, Myrcella and Tommen being blonde.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
DEM THRONES DEM THRONES! Margaery's Trill Bitch sensors goin off.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgkyaO4aHf0

Bert Roberge posted:

Spoilers for Season 7:
Final shot is a slow fade out of Ser Pounce sitting on the Iron Throne while this song plays.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEg4SEch27w

Laughing like an idiot right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

There's that secret tunnel Sam told them about, no reason we can't assume Bran and Meera take it a second time.

e: Apparently some people think Cresei is now the most power rules in Westeros.

http://www.vox.com/2016/6/26/12036976/game-of-thrones-finale-recap-winds-of-winter-cersei-wildfire-frey

Narmi fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Jun 28, 2016

• Locked thread