Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
So did he morph into the clothes with his new form? Is he technically naked? Are these the only clothes he can appear in?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smashpro1
Mar 1, 2009

Shirley, these things happen in video games. We can't get hung up on real-world morality.

Lurdiak posted:

You should take a look at the version from the 2012 cartoon, it's the grossest thing in a show that keeps inexplicably doing some cronenberg body horror along its kiddy stuff.

One thing I like about that show is that it usually lets you get to know the people before they mutate. Like Dogpound/Rahzar was Chris Bradford, a Chuck Norris parody that used his chain of dojos as a recruitment tool for the Foot, or Mutagen Man was The Pulverizer, a dorky guy that saw the Turtles doing their thing and was inspired to be like them.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Gnome de plume posted:

So did he morph into the clothes with his new form? Is he technically naked? Are these the only clothes he can appear in?

He could go even more naked if he wanted to.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

SynthOrange posted:

He could go even more naked if he wanted to.

Secondary mutations are a great thing.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Ah, yes. A brown sportcoat and a turtleneck. Nothing sexier!

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Well, at least when he says it the third time he'd be superpowered.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm not sure if this is fan art or a comic panel.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Say Nothing posted:

Kevin Nowlan, legit comics artist

http://kevinnowlan.blogspot.com/

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Say Nothing posted:

This was a pin up in I think one of the Legends of the Dark Knight anniversary issues or something. It is not technically a panel but it's real as heck.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Secondary mutations are a great thing.

The Red Skies Turtles were a hell of a thing.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Dexie posted:

"Leo gets shielding, and Raph gets claws!"

"What about the other two?"

"Aw, who gives a shti, this show's getting canned anyway."

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

"Leo gets shielding, and Raph gets claws!"

"What about the other two?"

"Aw, who gives a shti, this show's getting canned anyway."

The shields let Leonardo lead from the front without concern for his own safety. The claws help Raphael behave with violent rudeness toward the Foot.

I assume that Donatello's super-trait helps him do machines more thoroughly, so maybe a chromed out USB dick? And Michelangelo would become a more effective party dude—maybe a bunch of extra dicks?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Dexie posted:

That's just a still from the latest movie.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

Squizzle posted:

And Michelangelo would become a more effective party dude—maybe a bunch of extra dicks?

I heard that motherfucker had, like, thirty goddamn dicks.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Realtalk I think Donnie did have some kinda gimmick with his double mutant form but they didn't bother giving Mikey one. Just like how at some point, mostly due to Europe having really weird perception of how dangerous a weapon it is, Mikey just stopped having nunchucks in the show. And that was like season 3.

The most memorable thing about the secondary mutation era of the turtles was their cool black college friend who rode a motorcycle and mutated into this:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Didn't they give Mikey a grappling hook or something?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Didn't they give Mikey a grappling hook or something?

Yeah. He used it like twice per season to tie someone's legs up.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Lurdiak posted:

Realtalk I think Donnie did have some kinda gimmick with his double mutant form but they didn't bother giving Mikey one. Just like how at some point, mostly due to Europe having really weird perception of how dangerous a weapon it is, Mikey just stopped having nunchucks in the show. And that was like season 3.

The most memorable thing about the secondary mutation era of the turtles was their cool black college friend who rode a motorcycle and mutated into this:

I can't believe he spent 500 years as the reigning Mortal Kombat champion.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Since I'm talking about poo poo no one cares about anyway, about 10 years ago I was in an HMD and saw a DVD of TMNT that had several odd features.

First of all, while being a DVD of the first season of the 1987 cartoon, it was packaged to look like the 4Kids cartoon, even having lyrics from its terrible theme song on the back. I can only imagine how confused some kids were because of that. Secondly, in a very strange decision, one of the extra features on this DVD featuring the first season of TMNT, back when the show was somewhat grounded and the turtles were allowed to hit things, was every unaired episode that was already in the can when the show finally got axed in its 10th season.

So imagine watching 5 episodes of the first season, and then skipping right to some mid-season episodes made 10 years later.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Lurdiak posted:

Since I'm talking about poo poo no one cares about anyway, about 10 years ago I was in an HMD and saw a DVD of TMNT that had several odd features.

First of all, while being a DVD of the first season of the 1987 cartoon, it was packaged to look like the 4Kids cartoon, even having lyrics from its terrible theme song on the back. I can only imagine how confused some kids were because of that. Secondly, in a very strange decision, one of the extra features on this DVD featuring the first season of TMNT, back when the show was somewhat grounded and the turtles were allowed to hit things, was every unaired episode that was already in the can when the show finally got axed in its 10th season.

So imagine watching 5 episodes of the first season, and then skipping right to some mid-season episodes made 10 years later.

Ha, I'm assuming this is it. And it does have the lyrics of the 2003 series on it! That's really weird.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

X-O posted:

Ha, I'm assuming this is it. And it does have the lyrics of the 2003 series on it! That's really weird.

Yeah, that's it. Man, what a weird DVD.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Squizzle posted:

I assume that Donatello's super-trait helps him do machines more thoroughly, so maybe a chromed out USB dick?

You're actually not far off.

It's hard to make out, but yeah Donatello somehow grew a cybernetic eye.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Mikey's enhanced body mass allows him to be an even harder party dude.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Why does Leo have slices of American cheese on his chest?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Can you think of a more repellent material?

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

But he's the leader! He's supposed to be cool! Right?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

People who think Leo is cool probably think Cyclops is cool.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Lurdiak posted:

People who think Leo is cool probably think Cyclops is cool.

I just re-read the Hellfire Club arc from Whedon's Astonishing X-Men and the bit where mind controlled Emma Frost tells Cyclops that the only reason he was made leader was because everything else about him was too boring or dumb is pretty good. Still not sure what the point of that was though.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Jun 29, 2016

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

He's the necessary leader, very important for the group, holds them together, inspiring, noble, unmemorable, nobody likes him.

I like them.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

We have a collection of the 1990's movies where I work with a cover that's designed to look like the new movies. The logo treatment looks a hell of a lot like the new films and the colouring of the artwork looks a hell of a lot like the new ones too. I'd post it but for the life of me I can't find any images of it.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Say Nothing posted:

Bats is not exactly straining against his chains here.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Oh no! She is whipping me! Whatever shall I do? Ooh, it hurts!

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

davidspackage posted:

Bats is not exactly straining against his chains here.

Selina is not as good at kinky poo poo as she wants everyone to think

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
She's gonna trip over her own drat tail. I do not know what's going on with that thing at all.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

ZOOM

ENHANCE

wyntyr
Mar 27, 2006
Pretty sure Robin isn't old enough to watch that.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Depends on which Robin it is.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
If this was the 60s series, Batman would make some creepy comment to him about puberty, which I still can't believe was an actual running gag on that show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Batman just looks kind of disappointed. Maybe he was expecting something more...