Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I stay or should I go?
This poll is closed.
Please stay 195 31.20%
Go away 136 21.76%
Who cares? 99 15.84%
gently caress you op, your soccer sucks and your tea tastes like poo poo! 195 31.20%
Total: 625 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Boner Slaem posted:

didnt scotland have oil or something?

yeah and it does but oil prices have dropped

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
lol

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Boner Slaem posted:

didnt scotland have oil or something?
It still does, although at the $50 a barrel new normal it's just barely worth extracting, at which point they have to run it through an American-owned refinery they prop up with Scottish tax money because they are too bitchmade to nationalise it in the face of his obvious lies about its profitability (and can't inside the EU, at least without paying whatever its current owner says it's worth).

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

thought they mined shortbread

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

spud posted:

No they drank it all, hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

lol loving idiots couldn't find their arse with both hands and a map wait where are you going ??

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Fat Jesus posted:

thought they mined shortbread
Thatcher closed the pits.

All that's left now is the clans up north hand-crafting Highland Toffee, and a single factory in Dundee that makes salt & sauce crisps for the Edinburgh corner shop market.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Apparently Plaid Cymru want a vote for independence now which is Pretty loving Funny since the Welsh were the people who voted strongest to leave the EU.

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
International bankers... good?

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

jBrereton posted:

Apparently Plaid Cymru want a vote for independence now which is Pretty loving Funny since the Welsh were the people who voted strongest to leave the EU.

They needed an excuse to leave, so they made their own.

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

PMQs is going to be well bants when boris is PM

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dicky B posted:

PMQs is going to be well bants when boris is PM

What the gently caress did you even say?

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Zahgaegun posted:

International bankers... good?

string them up quick before they have a chance to escape imo

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Pon de Bundy posted:

uhh anti polish sentiment just seems retarded , I can't see modern Americans getting mad at any kind of white Christian immigrant population ...Mexicans and Arabs tho ...

http://www.polackjokes.com/

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

ask me anything about robots
Buglord
so is the uk gonna break up or not?

i call england for the u s a

dibs

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR
Brexit just seems like an angry child slamming the door in their parents faces in a tantrum and then coming down later for dinner acting like evrythings normal cause they got hungry

Maoist Pussy
Feb 12, 2014

by Lowtax

jBrereton posted:

Can there be a new rule that you have to be able to deploy at least one aircraft carrier before you can be a separate country

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

That Robot posted:

dibs
Scotland's probably gonna leave.

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

spud posted:

What the gently caress did you even say?
it's going to be a proper giggle mate

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

jBrereton posted:

Scotland's probably gonna leave.

so you're saying england will need a friend? :patriot:

also lol if cameron the pig-bummer goes down in history as the man who killed the uk

the guys that set up the acts of union 1707 will be rolling in their graves, monocles popping everywhere

also if scotland leaves what will the remainder of the uk be called then?

That Robot fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Jun 28, 2016

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
The Divided Kingdom

forelle
Oct 9, 2004

Two fine trout
Nap Ghost

That Robot posted:

also if scotland leaves what will the remainder of the uk be called then?

UishK

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

Farage's House of Fun

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-osborne-idUKKCN0ZD2ZU

Chancellor George Osborne, in an article published in the Times newspaper, has ruled himself out of the running to succeed Prime Minister David Cameron, British media reported on Monday

"It isn't in my nature to do things by half-measure, and I fought the referendum campaign with everything I've got. I believed in this cause and fought hard for it," Osborne wrote, according to a portion of the Times article tweeted by a BBC journalist.

"So it is clear that while I completely accept the result, I am not the person to provide the unity my party needs at this time."

No one wants the job of leading Britain, except the people who want to drive Britain into the ground, it's happening.gif.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
everyone hold on. we finally have a true expert's analysis to guide us... that man's name? Glenn Greenwald https://theintercept.com/2016/06/25/brexit-is-only-the-latest-proof-of-the-insularity-and-failure-of-western-establishment-institutions/

something something something something western something something

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
why we should vote to leave: http://www.voteleavetakecontrol.org/why_vote_leave

That Robot
Sep 16, 2004

Buglord

haha they still have the 350 million pound thing for the NHS

Rahu
Feb 14, 2009

let me just check my figures real quick here
Grimey Drawer
So is Cameron actually going to invoke article 50 this week? He said he would and now I'm worried he will be a pigfucking liar instead of just a regular old pigfucker.

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe
ottoman invasion!

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Lime Tonics posted:

http://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-britain-eu-osborne-idUKKCN0ZD2ZU

Chancellor George Osborne, in an article published in the Times newspaper, has ruled himself out of the running to succeed Prime Minister David Cameron, British media reported on Monday

"It isn't in my nature to do things by half-measure, and I fought the referendum campaign with everything I've got. I believed in this cause and fought hard for it," Osborne wrote, according to a portion of the Times article tweeted by a BBC journalist.

"So it is clear that while I completely accept the result, I am not the person to provide the unity my party needs at this time."

No one wants the job of leading Britain, except the people who want to drive Britain into the ground, it's happening.gif.

lol at these fuckers passing around this stick of dynamite

That Robot posted:

dibs

ugh no we can do better, Scotland can join us

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
seriously, have some self respect

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

jBrereton posted:

I support this, they can gently caress off and then we can retally the votes. Everyone wins and our politicians can stop trying desperately not to be in charge anymore.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Seriously though, what happens if no one wants the job and it remains empty?

Has it ever happened before?

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

Lime Tonics posted:

In theory I guess that's what the monarchy exists for. In practice who knows?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

DOMDOM posted:

ottoman invasion!

sounds good turks have better food and more attractive women than the brits.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Lime Tonics posted:

Pretty sure BoJo wants it.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

SelenicMartian posted:

Is this real?
http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/683739/EU-referendum-German-French-European-superstate-Brexit
"Under the radical proposals EU countries will lose the right to have their own army, criminal law, taxation system or central bank, with all those powers being transferred to Brussels. "

it's about time the EU grew a proper set of balls IMO

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
just saw this on my fb lol

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/JvID1SI

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lichy posted:

it's about time the EU grew a proper set of balls IMO

lmao the Euros will not vote for fiscal union and will continue to live in their sad knock off attempt of the US.

We are so proud of our international equivalent to the Articles of Confederation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Magical Lamp
Aug 16, 2010

gay picnic defence posted:

Pretty sure BoJo wants it.

Anyone who takes the job at this point will end their political career. So I'm half-hoping he does and Parliament calls for an early general election before he can actually do anything.

etalian posted:

lmao the Euros will not vote for fiscal union and will continue to live in their sad knock off attempt of the US.

We are so proud of our international equivalent to the Articles of Confederation.

You say that but everyone involved in this whole thing is loving stupid so I'd believe they have a plan to turn Europe into a floating death fortress that orbits the world from space.

A Magical Lamp fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jun 28, 2016

• Locked thread