Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i was just remembering that i put a ton of hours into wii sports resort and it was a blast when friends were over. i want to go back to wuhu island on the NX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I love the new Donkey Kongs but the secret worlds in both games are kinda underwhelming. The temples are awesome but the fruit sky stuff is a lame finish to games with otherwise great settings and music, and they're not really hard or interesting in terms of gameplay.

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jun 27, 2016

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

I'm a fire emblem freak even if the game apparently has nothing to do with fire emblem or smt

it pretty obviously has the persona press turn system

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HolePisser1982 posted:

i hope other people eventually buy SMT x FE. its great

mine hasn't come in the mail yet and i need to fix my gamepad :negative:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

mysterious loyall X posted:

it pretty obviously has the persona press turn system

its a mix of smt's press turn and fe's pair attacks

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

awww yeah

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

HolePisser1982 posted:

its a mix of smt's press turn and fe's pair attacks

tht sounds cool

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
There is an idea of the NX; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real console: only an entity, something illusory. And though it can be presumed to exist, and you can grip its controller and feel plastic gripping your flesh and maybe you can even sense its power is probably comparable to others... It is simply not there.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Black Baby Goku posted:

There is an idea of the NX; some kind of abstraction. But there is no real console: only an entity, something illusory. And though it can be presumed to exist, and you can grip its controller and feel plastic gripping your flesh and maybe you can even sense its power is probably comparable to others... It is simply not there.

the nx is just a comfy chair that you sit in and think about good nintendo games

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

elf help book posted:

the nx is just a comfy chair that you sit in and think about good nintendo games

Wow, I'm playing the NX right now!

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I've been playing my 3DS a lot lately and realized it's such a good system. I came late to the party and only got one last year because of Monhun but I have like a dozen+ games for it now and all of them range from very good to great. And there are a bunch more I need to get. It's one of Nintendo's best consoles.

Jesus Kristov
May 2, 2007

Stop liking anime you little shits. I didn't die on the cross for you to do that.
I am playing Earthbound on the 3DS and it is very good. I would recommend everyone do this.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Tender Bender posted:

I've been playing my 3DS a lot lately and realized it's such a good system. I came late to the party and only got one last year because of Monhun but I have like a dozen+ games for it now and all of them range from very good to great. And there are a bunch more I need to get. It's one of Nintendo's best consoles.

the games im playing now are 999, rhythm heaven megamix, and picross e and im in constant fear of my battery dying from not diversifying my console spread

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

there was some Nintendo meeting of some kind yesterday and one of the things they mentioned was the reason they didn't bring the NX to E3 was so that Sony and Microsoft don't rip off their idea like how everybody added motion controls to all their systems in the months following the announcement of the wii, lol.

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

there was some Nintendo meeting of some kind yesterday and one of the things they mentioned was the reason they didn't bring the NX to E3 was so that Sony and Microsoft don't rip off their idea like how everybody added motion controls to all their systems in the months following the announcement of the wii, lol.

That's cool

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

In Training posted:

solid decision, imho.

Soral
May 30, 2009

i'm going to purchase an NX on launch day

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Soral posted:

i'm going to purchase an NX on launch day

midnight nintendo party

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
im willing to sit on a sidewalk for i dunno 4 or 5 hours. the NX will be mine

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Nintendo is thinking about vr. They are looking each other in the eye and talking about it

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I;m going to download the NX on the eshop on the midnight release

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

lmao

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Boomstick Quaid posted:

Nintendo is thinking about vr. They are looking each other in the eye and talking about it

i hope and pra y this is not the case

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

the nx is 16 gamecubes taped together and sony and microsoft ahve already caught on because their new consoles are ps4s and xbones taped together and the right kind of ram included

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Shiggy said they have no interest in VR at the moment because "it doesn't seem very substantial or fun"

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

Shiggy said they have no interest in VR at the moment because "it doesn't seem very substantial or fun"

he's right

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i wish everyone would shut the gently caress up about vr and stop pretending its not just taping the screen to your eyes with wii controls.

vr is also a very expensive gimmick and nintendo likes to have the most affordable console these days so i really doubt theyre going that route

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQeOYi3Be5Y l@@k at this poo poo what are they thinking

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

based loving shiggy

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bobnumerotres posted:

i wish everyone would shut the gently caress up about vr and stop pretending its not just taping the screen to your eyes with wii controls.

vr is also a very expensive gimmick and nintendo likes to have the most affordable console these days so i really doubt theyre going that route

what i'm hoping is that everyone pukes and vomits and gets in a car accident from playing serious sam: you don't even have to walk backwards from the screamers for the entire level because you are stationary edition

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
If you buy VR anything you should be permabanned

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I made that up

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

talking to my normie friends who heard about E3 they think VR is the poo poo and its the future etc. and i had to explain no it's the 800 dollar wii, but that goes to show these turds are being pushed hard. almost like tech companies are desperate to make the money back on their absurd investments

lmao

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

I made that up

gently caress you.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

I made that up

you suck dude

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mad?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

im drinking now

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer

In Training posted:

I made that up

Shiggy is still right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

talking to my normie friends who heard about E3 they think VR is the poo poo and its the future etc. and i had to explain no it's the 800 dollar wii, but that goes to show these turds are being pushed hard. almost like tech companies are desperate to make the money back on their absurd investments

lmao

Most of my normie friends don't even know what the current consoles are much less that VR is trying to become a thing.