Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Slaughterhouse-Ive posted:

tbf even I get a little skeptical about evolution when I watch Archer yell at a sponge

Do you think the sponge is more complex than Archer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

awww :3: yeah don't worry about needing to hold your head level, they are good with their tiny grabby feet. When I'm washing dishes or something and Ama is on my head (he knows he is not supposed to be on my head, he waits until both hands are busy before flying onto it/climbing up my hair from my shoulder) he likes to grab a lock of hair and slide down it like a little fireman, and then he just dangles from it in my face and gets in the way

bobby does this on the bars of his cage, makes me wish i didnt have short hair

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

:kimchi::negative::kimchi:

I don't know how great of an idea this is going to turn out to be but we'll see how it goes. She seems very impressed with Boo's singing, which is probably a good start. Keeping them in separate rooms is not really practical (thx kitties) but we will be keeping them on opposite sides of the room for a quarantine period. I'm most worried about Skillet, honestly, but Boo has been bickering /w him at night and we aren't really sure on keeping them together all the time anymore anyway.

(bird inflow stops now btw, we may make room for one or two more when we move into a house but for apartment living I think 4 is good enough)

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jun 28, 2016

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

Mirthless posted:

I don't know how great of an idea this is going to turn out to be but we'll see how it goes. She seems very impressed with Boo's singing, which is probably a good start. Keeping them in separate rooms is not really practical (thx kitties) but we will be keeping them on opposite sides of the room for a quarantine period. I'm most worried about Skillet, honestly, but Boo has been bickering /w him at night and we aren't really sure on keeping them together all the time anymore anyway.

Oh my god, name her Sunny Side up :3: :3: :3: Little yellow puff! :3:

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
:3:

We're leaning towards cereal specific names to go with the Booberry but that is a really great name

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

Kix would be a big yellow puff-appropriate name!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Shirec posted:

Oh my god, name her Sunny Side up :3: :3: :3: Little yellow puff! :3:

Captain Bone(Crunch)er, Shrieking Voice of the Slain! :black101:

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

Cheerio sounds like a very budgie name, and the box is yellow if not the cereal.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Trebuchet King posted:

Kix would be a big yellow puff-appropriate name!

We're also throwing around Honeycomb, Mini-Wheat, Lucky Charm, and possibly King Vitamin

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Mirthless posted:

King Vitamin
loving yes :3: A budgie named King something is great.

Pip pip pip
Oct 24, 2010

The cutest little fascist

Came to post a picture of Nugget being cute on her swing, but adorable baby boodge!!! So sweet.

Sorry but Nugget is still cuter even if she's middle aged.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Ineptus Mechanicus posted:

Cheerio sounds like a very budgie name, and the box is yellow if not the cereal.

I vote for Cheerio and also omg what a pretty little budgie. (and nugget)

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Thirded for Cheerio.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

SCA Enthusiast posted:

I would snuggle with George he looks soft.

It's tempting, but I'd rather keep all my fingers.

Edit: Weirdo cockatoo licks a vacuum:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZN5qwBD7eqY

Forsythia fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Jun 28, 2016

Official Bizness
Dec 4, 2007

wark wark wark

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36643494

news article posted:

Parrot squawk 'evidence' in murder trial

Glenna Duram, 48, has been charged with murdering her husband, Martin, in front of the couple's pet in 2015. Relatives of the victim believe that the pet African Grey, named Bud, overheard the couple arguing and has been repeating their final words. [...] Mr Duram's ex-wife, Christina Keller, now owns Bud. She believes that he has been repeating the conversation from the night of the murder, which she says ends in the phrase "Don't shoot!", with an expletive added. [...] "I personally think he was there, and he remembers it and he was saying it", Mr Duram's father told local media. His mother, Lillian Duram, added: "That bird picks up everything and anything, and it's got the filthiest mouth around."

So this makes me a little more uncomfortable about Jabari's vocabulary including the phrase, "I'll kill you."

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

Official Bizness posted:

So this makes me a little more uncomfortable about Jabari's vocabulary including the phrase, "I'll kill you."

I wonder what the psychological affect of seeing that kind of thing does to such a smart bird.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Did any of you fellow bird nerds back that Hatoful Kickstarter? I request photos of parrots with pigeons

Mirthless posted:

(bird inflow stops now btw, we may make room for one or two more when we move into a house but for apartment living I think 4 is good enough)

Quarantine probably is pointless now as they're sharing the same air space and have already physically interacted so don't worry too much about that. Hopefully Skillet takes the loss okay, him singing to Boo was v cute and he's such an intelligent 'tiel. New bird is also adorable. Cheerio is a great name, upbeat and so British (Cheerio! Toodle Pip!)

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
No physical interaction yet (besides Skillet divebombing her cage a couple of times, the bastard), the first three pics are just from the budgie tank when we got her. Right about the air space, though.

I think Skillet will be okay, I am sure he and Boo will still like each other regardless. Boo fell in love with Griddle when we brought her home but still spends plenty of time doting on Skillet. Hopefully things will stay that way. It has been my biggest fear with introducing the new bird, I love him a lot and I don't want to disrupt his life but I'm so worried that Boo is going to get really badly hurt by Griddle that I had to do something. :shrug: She punctured Boo's beak pretty early on, it wasn't horrible but he had trouble crunching pellets for a while and it scared the hell out of us. She plays nicely with him most of the time but when he's hormonal he is really pushy and tries to bully her, and Griddle knows exactly how big she is and won't put up with it. We can only do so much to keep them apart.

I may still cage Skillet with the budgies if they all get along, but I would have to get a much larger cage for that to work out I think

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Mirthless posted:

Boo fell in love with Griddle when we brought her home.

Well who can blame him, so did half the thread!

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Gimme some birb pictures I am depressed about no longer being on a tropical beach and both Judah and the cat are being annoyingly codependent after 10 days out of my clearly august presence

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Tendai posted:

Gimme some birb pictures I am depressed about no longer being on a tropical beach and both Judah and the cat are being annoyingly codependent after 10 days out of my clearly august presence

from now, just for u

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

oh yeah, that's the stuff

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Battle Pigeon posted:

from now, just for u

Better than I could have hoped for :allears:

Steve is trying SO HARD to understand

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Tendai posted:

Better than I could have hoped for :allears:

Steve is trying SO HARD to understand

OMG this is amazing!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

hahah this picture :allears:

also tfw your bird starts nibbling a new toy that has been ignored since you bought it like three months ago
#justbirdthings

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011
The bird shop just pulled out a baby kookaburra.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Buy it.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

i poop fire posted:

awww, ugly/cute baby murderbird

Squatch Ambassador
Nov 12, 2008

What? Never seen a shaved Squatch before?

Gillian wants attention from Garrus, Garrus is only interested in chewing on my phone case. He managed to rip off the case's volume buttons yesterday :argh:

I really need to find the charger for my proper camera, the 6P's camera is garbage if you have shaky hands like me.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

i poop fire posted:

Definitely buy it

i poop fire
Feb 21, 2011
The adult they have at the store sits on a swing and laughs at everyone all day. It'd be like having a rude bird grandpa.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Hungry Computer posted:

Gillian wants attention from Garrus, Garrus is only interested in chewing on my phone case. He managed to rip off the case's volume buttons yesterday :argh:
Chirpy was sent here, from a faraway place, to chew off all the volume buttons on everything.

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Kookaburras are murder birds, they'll eat your other pets and laugh while doing it. Proper sociopaths

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!

i poop fire posted:

Never feed a kookaburra sausage, no matter how cute it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFwAYTHRd0c

Patrovsky
May 8, 2007
whatever is fine

The rules for fingers:

Crooked finger: is for scritching. Is good.

Straight finger: is for stepping up not for scritching. Is bad, must screech and maybe fly away.

Or: "I lean down against the finger it will maybe be for scritches anyway"

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug
Taco likes pineapple juice:

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Why is the baby kookaburra in such a tiny, featureless cage?

Official Bizness
Dec 4, 2007

wark wark wark

Potato Salad posted:

Why is the baby kookaburra in such a tiny, featureless cage?

I'd assume for feeding. Warm baby goop gets shaken by eager babies EVERYWHERE.

Battle Pigeon
Nov 7, 2011

I am dancing potato
give me millet

Quaker and owl: http://imgur.com/gallery/oG68Iis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Gonna post this here too, because I know people will appreciate it.

Look at that suave son of a bitch