Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

For a while it was all about the rim. If Intemember right no one gave a poo poo about the look of the brakes or calipers until 10 or so years ago.

Granted, thin rims weren't as common either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Bring back solid wheels or moon discs.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Cakefool posted:

Bring back solid wheels or moon discs.

Finger Prince fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Jun 26, 2016

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

bring back these wheels imo.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Sagebrush posted:

I think rotiform did :mrgw:

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire

Sagebrush posted:

Check out the hre vintage series.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

xzzy posted:

For a while it was all about the rim. If Intemember right no one gave a poo poo about the look of the brakes or calipers until 10 or so years ago.

Granted, thin rims weren't as common either.

Paging Rizzunk...

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

The only single good thing VW has done in 20 years.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
Upgrading your brakes is a major undertaking and really expensive. Most people just want shinier bigger wheels.

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug
Saw this totally legit M3 on the way into work a few days back. With 30 day tags on it too, half wonder if the guy bought it thinking it was anything other than a 328.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh
There's nothing in that shot that indicates it isn't an M3 though. The badge might be slightly off.

Crustashio fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Jun 26, 2016

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug

Crustashio posted:

There's nothing in that shot that indicates it isn't an M3 though. The badge might be slightly off.

Ah maybe you're right. I thought anything after the e30 was a 2x dual-pipe exhaust but I guess the E36 was not. I don't really see a lot of these around though.

My bad.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Crustashio posted:

Should an American one have clear indicators or not? It looks like the tag says 1999 year.

It has the right mirrors.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Welcome to Australia:

I would blow Dane Cook fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jun 27, 2016

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
I've seen that blue Lamborghini motoring up that very same street and I'm guessing that it was his fault running into the side of the other car.

All the rich dickheads absolutely fly up Brunswick St as they are coming up from New Farm.

The amount of times I've almost had front end of the van clipped coming out of a side street, I've lost count of.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

InitialDave posted:

Should an American one have clear indicators or not? It looks like the tag says 1999 year.

It has the right mirrors.

Nope. All the north american cars have orange indicators and plastic headlights.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007

And they said it wouldn't be practical!

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Tall poppy syndrome causes some crazy poo poo

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
This is just terrible website stuff, but I was browsing cnn.com and their paid ad clickbait stuff had a thumbnail I recognized so I clicked. This is a goon's zombie hunter suv, right?

Edit: or did he have a white Land Rover? I could be wrong.

davebo fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jun 27, 2016

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Random text from a sibling, "do you know if Mercedes are hard to work on and expensive?"

I was all "huh. I guess some people don't pay much attention to cars."

slurry_curry
Nov 26, 2003
<3mini-moni+animu^_^

Crustashio posted:

Nope. All the north american cars have orange indicators and plastic headlights.

When new. Good luck finding a e36 m3 in the US that still has the original headlights/taillights.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Negromancer posted:

When new. Good luck finding a e36 m3 in the US that still has the original headlights/taillights.

In my experience buying used E36s, you can often find the original headlights and tail lights broken into many small pieces. Those pieces are still on the car, because they got glued into the chunks of seam sealer and bedliner the sketchy bodyshop used to cover up the chain marks and weld seams from when they pulled the unibody straight using a stolen Powerstroke.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Seat Safety Switch posted:

In my experience buying used E36s, you can often find the original headlights and tail lights broken into many small pieces. Those pieces are still on the car, because they got glued into the chunks of seam sealer and bedliner the sketchy bodyshop used to cover up the chain marks and weld seams from when they pulled the unibody straight using a stolen Powerstroke.

I see that E36's get treated the same the world over.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Slavvy posted:

I see that E36's get treated the same the world over.

Only the two-meter-high wall-mounted flag in the bodyshop changes.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Driving home from work today, had a dude fly in front of me from the car-pool lane in his mini-van (of course he didn't have a passenger), I was doing about 70. Initially I was ticked because he cut way too close, but then I noticed that his right front tire was very very wrong. Like pointed the wrong direction for a guy moving right sort of wrong, and had a massive amount of positive camber too. After he moved in front of me (and slowed down of course) I noticed that the right front was leaving a continuous black mark down the road, and smoking from the surface of the tire. I flashed my lights at him a couple times trying to get his attention, but he was oblivious, and probably wouldn't have had a clue what I was flashing for in any case if he had noticed.

I followed him for quite a while rather than going around to the right, thinking maybe I could get a cool dash-cam video of the tire failing and the inevitable roll-over as the right front collapsed completely, but he eventually moved to the right and slowed down even more, so I lost interest in the potential crash and passed him. As I was going past I noticed that the left front also had severe toe-in, but not nearly as much as the right side, and the camber looked about normal.

He was travelling at 65+ mph this way for another 10 miles or so before I lost sight of him in the mirror, still tooling along in the #2 lane (of 4) on I-10, completely oblivious to the problem as far as I could tell.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Back in April when we left the long Beach grand prix, my friend and I followed a newer 5 series that had a rear wheel wobbling as if it had one lug nut.

Dude was doing 90 with no fucks given. People are dumb.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Oy, a roo nicked me ute innit?

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

1500quidporsche posted:

Tall poppy syndrome causes some crazy poo poo

Is :thejoke: that we're jealous idgi.

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

I had to get a quick picture because a group of people were coming, but barely pictured are his drum brakes that have been sprayed red

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

I laughed far too much at this, painfully accurate.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

iwentdoodie posted:

Back in April when we left the long Beach grand prix, my friend and I followed a newer 5 series that had a rear wheel wobbling as if it had one lug nut.

Dude was doing 90 with no fucks given. People are dumb.

Happens to the best of us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpS2MluPO2I&t=45s

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Door Frame posted:

I had to get a quick picture because a group of people were coming, but barely pictured are his drum brakes that have been sprayed red

It's like a disease with 4 door Focus owners.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I thought it was a Russian flag regardless of where you are

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001

thechalkoutline
Jul 8, 2006

Someone correct me if this actually made it cool but I assume it drives even worse, which is terrible:

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD

thechalkoutline posted:

Someone correct me if this actually made it cool but I assume it drives even worse, which is terrible:

That's pretty awesome

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

I'd say its cool if both rear axles are powered. Otherwise it is not cool.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

thechalkoutline posted:

I love it. Absolutely love it.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Well it's not less cool than before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Cakefool posted:

Well it's not less cool than before.

And now you can fit more than a single bag of shopping in it. It's a win all round.