Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

goferchan posted:

Anyone played Steins;Gate? I know it doesn't have the puzzle room stuff from Zero Escape (although according to reviews they're kinda downplayed in ZEro Time Dilemma anyway) and probably barely qualifies as a game but it's like $10 in the PSN flash sale right now and im pretty sure im gonna be in major withdrawals after burning through ZTD, and from what I've read maybe it will scratch the same crazy scifi time travel VN itch as the ZE games. Worth playing/reading? VLR is the only visual novel style game I've ever hosed with so I don't really have a frame of reference . Definitely a plus if there's a similarly complex series of branching paths but even if it doesn't go quite as deep I can deal as long as it's entertaining

i never tried stein's gate most vns are too long and i have the attetnion span of a little baby and hell i'm a 50 yo game r so really i am a baby haha. anyway u should check out pheonix wright series [no branching paths to speak of] and dangan ronpa [maybe branching paths idk i'm not finished w/ number 1 yet]. there's a game on steam called va-11 hall-a that just camwe out that looks good too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Danganronpa has no branches but its good

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

just found out the steam version doesnt come out until thursday ffffuuuuu

I'm glad because I can't go through 2 days at work without much sleep but 1 is fine

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

but it looks like it actually comes out on 29 june. poo poo

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

mysterious loyall X posted:

i never tried stein's gate most vns are too long and i have the attetnion span of a little baby and hell i'm a 50 yo game r so really i am a baby haha. anyway u should check out pheonix wright series [no branching paths to speak of] and dangan ronpa [maybe branching paths idk i'm not finished w/ number 1 yet]. there's a game on steam called va-11 hall-a that just camwe out that looks good too

Oh yeah im nearing the end of Danganronpa2 and will probably finish it tonight I have no idea why I forgot that. Guess I lied when I said I never played VNs. I like it pretty good but sometimes I don't really give a crap about all the little character stories so the dialogue can drag, I just want it to hurry up and get to the murder mystery stuff

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
It's out on german PSN. goon grats to the germans.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Ive bought it!! for vita

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I won't be checking back until I can play the game myself as it is now out for a few platforms. Enjoy the excellent book all.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

wow the replay fast forward is so fast this is exciting

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
Its eben better in vlr cuz u just pick at what point in tje story u start at

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

Its eben better in vlr cuz u just pick at what point in tje story u start at

spoilers, bye thread

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

no they will not posted:

Ive bought it!! for vita

Whoa I wonder if that means we'll get a midnight release in NA.... I rly want it on Vita over 3DS but don't want to wait like 12 extra hours

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Wait can I just buy it right now on the UK PSN store O_O and it's only gonna cost like $3 more than it normally would thanks to current exchange rates..... Bless all you plucky brits who voted to Leave

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
got my first ending lmao. time to post in the games you beat for 2016 thread hahaha

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
very early game spoilers you can get an ending at the first choice. if you call a coin flip everyone just gets to leave the facility and it's fine

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
cool in game in which end credits can be accessed before opening movie

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

goferchan posted:

Wait can I just buy it right now on the UK PSN store O_O and it's only gonna cost like $3 more than it normally would thanks to current exchange rates..... Bless all you plucky brits who voted to Leave

Ok that was actually kind of a hassle because the Vita doesn't have support for multiple accounts like a PS4 so I had to restore all my settings and I won't be able to play any of my US games while I'm on my UK account. But I don't plan on playing anything else until I finish ZTD anyways so no big loss . If anyone else is as brain damaged and impatient as I am you can get eu PSN codes from game.co.uk

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

no they will not posted:

very early game spoilers you can get an ending at the first choice. if you call a coin flip everyone just gets to leave the facility and it's fine

Lmao yeah i had no doubt this game would own but I did not expect it to start loving with me in the first 5 minutes like that. Also I stayed away from all the preview videos that came out so I wasn't sure what to expect but so far I actually really really like all the 3D character designs even if the animation/lipsyncing is a little chunky. Some of the backgrounds look really cool too in 3D. Only grief is that you kinda have to have subtitles on because the music/voice balance is weird and I had to start over because I couldn't hear wtf some people were saying in the first few minutes.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Wow the whole 3-team structure and the fragments crank up the complexity so much ... I haven't even seen poo poo yet and I'm already getting my mind blown. Unless it majorly drops the ball later on (which I kinda doubt it will) this game is everything I was hoping for and more . The hype is real, game on and god speed.

Also if there was ever any doubt, if you're considering picking this up without having played the other games don't do it. I played VLR before 999 and still really enjoyed it but I'm barely an hour into this one and its already kinda critical that you know what's up with the rest of the series .

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I figured that would be the case considering the ending of VLR is like a Next Time, On Zero Escape! finale. Anyway I decided I'm going to play on Vita since I can't wait any longer. Now I just need stupid work to end so I can start reading this VN.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

I figured that would be the case considering the ending of VLR is like a Next Time, On Zero Escape! finale. Anyway I decided I'm going to play on Vita since I can't wait any longer. Now I just need stupid work to end so I can start reading this VN.

Honestly I think it's suited really well to playing on a touchscreen anyway, they changed the controls a little from VLR. Like you can pan around escape rooms REALLY quickly by swiping on the screen and it's great and navigating them in general is just really smooth compared to VLR

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

Honestly I think it's suited really well to playing on a touchscreen anyway, they changed the controls a little from VLR. Like you can pan around escape rooms REALLY quickly by swiping on the screen and it's great and navigating them in general is just really smooth compared to VLR

That's good to hear. The only reason I as hesitant was that my vita battery is completely shot so I'd have to recharge every two hours or so but I don't leave my house anyway so what does it matter :grin:

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i wish there was a way to fast forward 999's glacial text speed because i want to play it and i cant stand the text speed

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I'm buying the game on steam in 24 hours.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Doctor Goat posted:

i wish there was a way to fast forward 999's glacial text speed because i want to play it and i cant stand the text speed

u can fastforward thru parts uve already seen but alas the slow text scrolling speed cannot be changed otherwise

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lol after all the crazy poo poo he's been through I love how in awe Sigma is of the fact that Carlos is an ACTUAL firefighter

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

im going to kill myself because PSN download speeds are so slow and its going to take 45 minutes to download ztd even though its only 900 MB fuuuuuuuu

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

It's going to take 1 minute to download tomorrow. enjoy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It finished already

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

see you in 30-50 hours

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

And I have reached credits. Lmfao

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

And I have reached credits. Lmfao

go post n the thread ig uess

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The structure of this game is already immediately overwhelming and I'm glad they've upped the ante somehow over VLR.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

Lmao yeah i had no doubt this game would own but I did not expect it to start loving with me in the first 5 minutes like that. Also I stayed away from all the preview videos that came out so I wasn't sure what to expect but so far I actually really really like all the 3D character designs even if the animation/lipsyncing is a little chunky. Some of the backgrounds look really cool too in 3D. Only grief is that you kinda have to have subtitles on because the music/voice balance is weird and I had to start over because I couldn't hear wtf some people were saying in the first few minutes.

Yeah the audio mix is really really rough. It's kinda weird I wonder if the Japanese voices sound better

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

In Training posted:

im going to kill myself because PSN download speeds are so slow and its going to take 45 minutes to download ztd even though its only 900 MB fuuuuuuuu

I get this on PS4 and Vita and pausing and resuming the download until I get a more reasonable speed always eventually works. tried it a few times last night with ZTD and it jumped from 45 minutes to 9 minutes remaining

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

In Training posted:

Yeah the audio mix is really really rough. It's kinda weird I wonder if the Japanese voices sound better

i'm switched to japanese voices after the coin flip and they're way better. it's not even a contest

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

no they will not posted:

i'm switched to japanese voices after the coin flip and they're way better. it's not even a contest

How do I do this

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I actually like the English voices so I just adjusted the sound mix in the settings.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Early theory: Eric is Left AKA Dio. My only reasoning is because he's a dick and curses more than everybody else

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
here's my early theory: the decision game is based around the anthropic principle, since the world "ends" if the game is lost the only "canon" timelines can be ones in which the game is won, the only such timeline will be: the one in which the coin flip is called correctly

• Locked thread