Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

It's debateable whether the RA163 was nice. It had a pretty brutal power curve.

I think Mansell had tested it and ended up going faster by turning the power down. The turbo lag was pretty brutal as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

nsaP posted:

I was just listening to a Rogan podcast with Bill Burr and Burr was talking about the book The Limit. Any reviews? I'm sure someone in here has read it.

It's on my to read list but I read so many F1 books that I'm thinking I've read it all before. I'm reading Robin Hobb at the moment and I hate books like these but have somehow become addicted

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

nsaP posted:

Also I think the real reason people don't want to talk about MotoGP is that a bogan won it yesterday and the worst thread hates all Auzzies

Aussie bike racers are OK. We all hate Spainards.

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

nsaP posted:

I was just listening to a Rogan podcast with Bill Burr and Burr was talking about the book The Limit. Any reviews? I'm sure someone in here has read it.

Also I think the real reason people don't want to talk about MotoGP is that a bogan won it yesterday and the worst thread hates all Auzzies

I've read it, it's very good. It's a shame Phil Hill isn't more widely known.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

learnincurve posted:

So start a separate thread in SAS if you want a worst thread style MotoGP thread. Not everyone who likes F1 gives a flying gently caress about MotoGP. It seems a tad unfair to use this thread because you don't want to open up a second tab.

Another thing is that I'm not sure if you furrens are aware of this but MotoGP is not on Sky. This means that anyone with sky sports and not BT sport has to make a choice. Pay out for BT sports or pay out for a season pass which is only available to us on a yearly sub, anyone who picks a third option gets spoilered in a thread completely unrelated to that sport which is a really lovely thing to have happen. It's not really cricket to say "well don't come to the F1 thread when the MotoGP is on"

Online streaming from motogp.com is surprisingly good quality and not badly priced at all.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

George Zimmer posted:

It's a shame Phil Hill isn't more widely known.
Wasn't there a spergblog that made a spergpedia spergchart about who were the most fraudulent drivers of all time and Phill Hill was #1 because his Ferrari was so incredible?

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

Wasn't there a spergblog that made a spergpedia spergchart about who were the most fraudulent drivers of all time and Phill Hill was #1 because his Ferrari was so incredible?

Phil Hill is a True American Hero :patriot:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Was it the same stupid guy which listed Stefano loving Modena as the 57th best driver ever?

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
I don't mind if you guys talk about MotoGP in here. Sometimes you make me think I should actually start watching it, but then I remember that it's all motorcycles and I go "gently caress that, bike people are the worst."

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Human Grand Prix posted:

Was it the same stupid guy which listed Stefano loving Modena as the 57th best driver ever?

I vaguely recall this list and it being hilariously bad.

Also MotoGP is awesome and there's already a thread for it that gets like three posts after a race. It also usually makes a point of scheduling itself to not conflict with F1 so I dont really see an argument against discussing it here.

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
It's all beside the point because the only real racing series that deserves talking about is Formula E

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

It's all beside the point because the only real racing series that deserves talking about is Formula E

The Formula EJ's hottest latest just dropped:

https://twitter.com/FormulaEj/status/746388951842365440

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
please stop talking about your silly sports in my brexit thread

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
please post pics of are lewis

https://twitter.com/LewisHamilton/status/747509860451909633

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Online streaming from motogp.com is surprisingly good quality and not badly priced at all.

Brits have to pay for an entire season pass in one lump in advance, with no discount if you buy part way through the season. :( We got totally Bernied on that one.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Time for the good car bad car check

Lewis is currently...lol I don't know where he is as he's had his twitter and insta accounts taken over by Mercedes PR department.
Nico is currently...

https://twitter.com/nico_rosberg/status/747064465057849344
https://twitter.com/nico_rosberg/status/746770531354025985

Nico is getting the good car.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

I wouldn't mind paying Vivi's creamery a visit

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

MustardFacial posted:

"gently caress that, bike people are the worst."

Story checks out.

AgentJotun
Nov 1, 2007
That looks like an Australian road.

Also Lewis looks like he belongs on the Game of thrones set in that fashion shoot outfit. Possibly as one of Oberyns lovers.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

New Zealand, I seem to recall...

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Wait a second, isn't Oberyn a man in GoT? What exactly are you implying here?

aequalis
Aug 11, 2010

Fernando is smugger than you. Can you confirm you understand that message?
That Oberyn and Lewis' relationship has improved after a weekend in the swimming pool in Monaco.
Keep up please.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
https://www.instagram.com/p/BHKRtG0jhMx/

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Needs to happen on track more

Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

Another race this weekend.. if F1 ever lacks quality we've sure got quantity.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Whitey Ford posted:

Another race this weekend.. if F1 ever lacks quality we've sure got quantity.

Yeah there are a few races before the Euro Summer break

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

I'm game for another thread for MotoGP here in SAS, I don't have the means to watch it live or record it live, so I have to wait for the Monday evening highlights from ITV* so I could do without the spoilers :(

* which I inevitably don't get round to watching until Tuesday or later

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010
The Goblin of Bungay made some comments on prize money:

Ecclestone told The Times: “I am going to have a good look at how things work to see if I can come up with something more equal for all the teams.”
“The Premier League has a good way of distributing the prize money, so maybe that could work for us.”
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ecclestones-secret-plans-to-scrap-the-unfair-team-bonus-payments-0d88xx70d

What do we think, Worst Thread? Empty words? Bargaining tactic? Some sort of long-con?

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Will be used as a bargaining chip for something else he wants. FYI bernie will win as always everything he does is for the benefit of the make bernie the richest man ever foundation.

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Qualifying changes incoming!
Also that is to avoid some EU interference in how the sport is run.

I mean he could have realised there's a lack of sponsors and that three teams with all the money is not good for the sport.

However, it's Bernie.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

OMFG

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
I like how he spelled his name Louis on that jacket in the French style to show solidarity with the Remain campaign, proving that he is in fact a fraud and traitor to Britain's culture and history

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

I like how he spelled his name Louis on that jacket in the French style to show solidarity with the Remain campaign, proving that he is in fact a fraud and traitor to Britain's culture and history

I love your posts

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Farmland Park posted:

Ecclestone told The Times: “I am going to have a good look at how things work to see if I can come up with something more equal for all the teams.”
“The Premier League has a good way of distributing the prize money, so maybe that could work for us.”

What do we think, Worst Thread? Empty words? Bargaining tactic? Some sort of long-con?

All three, in varying degrees. Bernie is at best pacifying complainers/the press by addressing an issue, or at worst setting up for another "If you don't want X then I guess we'll just have to Y... oh, what's that? You're OK with X in comparison, well I suppose I can live with that."

Bernie, you're the greatest.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

poty posted:

I wouldn't mind paying Vivi's creamery a visit

Niki Lauda account spotted.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I'd like to give her my parmalat if you know what I mean fellas.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Norns posted:

Needs to happen on track more

That had better be a link to the bit with Oberyn in Littlefinger's brothel, then.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Farmland Park posted:

The Goblin of Bungay made some comments on prize money:

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/ecclestones-secret-plans-to-scrap-the-unfair-team-bonus-payments-0d88xx70d

Every team will be paid the amount that Manor currently receives and Bernie will pocket the rest.

ImplicitAssembler
Jan 24, 2013

CratSock posted:

All three, in varying degrees. Bernie is at best pacifying complainers/the press by addressing an issue, or at worst setting up for another "If you don't want X then I guess we'll just have to Y... oh, what's that? You're OK with X in comparison, well I suppose I can live with that."

Bernie, you're the greatest.

Except that tactic actually failed with the qualifying fiasco this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poty
Jun 21, 2008

ImplicitAssembler posted:

Except that tactic actually failed with the qualifying fiasco this year.

that can only mean that's what he wanted all along. he's always thinking 5 moves ahead

• Locked thread