Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
I'd love to know why the Tyrells have ships in the first place.

Also, the Lannisters who control the western coast don't notice the Greyjoy fleet heading to Mereen? The geography really confuses me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

TommyGun85 posted:

Also, the Lannisters who control the western coast don't notice the Greyjoy fleet heading to Mereen? The geography really confuses me.
lmgtfy

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

TommyGun85 posted:

Because poo poo is dumb as gently caress and goes beyond "a wizard did it".

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

TommyGun85 posted:

Incompetence mainly.

Secondly I doubt the Lannisport Lannisters were talking much to Cersei. Maybe they told Kevan and he was doing something about it but he definitely wouldn't tell Cersei about it.

And in the books Cersei appointed a dumbass to be her Fleet Admiral. Worse than a dumb rear end actually because a literal stupid donkey wouldn't have stolen or sunken all of the ships

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

I forgot how big Reach/Garden was. I assumed it was mostly Liontown

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
The Western edge of that map is the edge of the world. They can't go outside it else they fall off, so they have to hug the coast, obviously.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Question: not that it will be answered canonically, but couldn't the Crown take possession of the Stormlands and make them a part of the Royal States, rather than letting it revert into a confederation of electors & mayors or whatever

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

visceril posted:

Incompetence mainly.

Secondly I doubt the Lannisport Lannisters were talking much to Cersei. Maybe they told Kevan and he was doing something about it but he definitely wouldn't tell Cersei about it.

And in the books Cersei appointed a dumbass to be her Fleet Admiral. Worse than a dumb rear end actually because a literal stupid donkey wouldn't have stolen or sunken all of the ships

Speaking of, do you think they'll start pouring all her truly stupid decisions into next season? Maybe even introduce the Kettleblacks just to separate her and Jaime more?

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002

visceril posted:

Question: not that it will be answered canonically, but couldn't the Crown take possession of the Stormlands and make them a part of the Royal States, rather than letting it revert into a confederation of electors & mayors or whatever

The nice thing is that since the Stormlands aren't really an entity in the show you can imagine that they have done exactly that and you could be right!

In the book you have JonCon landing and Arienne trying to meet up with him so now we'll get to meet 500 lords of houses with names like Lightningog and Windypoof and Stormyfrane with intrigues and mysteries and wacky hijinx that have nothing to do with the main plot.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

Speaking of, do you think they'll start pouring all her truly stupid decisions into next season? Maybe even introduce the Kettleblacks just to separate her and Jaime more?

We'll probably see something along those lines, yeah. D&D in their post-show commentary said that Jaime was afraid of what Cersei would be like without her children humanizing her. The woman on that throne was happy that she finally got what she wanted, not a grieving mother.

But still, it kind of seems like he's going to need a little extra push to put down another Mad King. We'll probably see some version of Kettleblacks or Myrish Swamps.

We may not see the rest of the hilarity because of lack of context in the show for places like the Arbor and Shields, and they want to avoid boring poo poo like taxes and trade negotiations as much as possible. And I think they straight forgot about the iron banck

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

The nice thing is that since the Stormlands aren't really an entity in the show you can imagine that they have done exactly that and you could be right!

In the book you have JonCon landing and Arienne trying to meet up with him so now we'll get to meet 500 lords of houses with names like Lightningog and Windypoof and Stormyfrane with intrigues and mysteries and wacky hijinx that have nothing to do with the main plot.

The only thing that could make this better is if we get some ~Meanwhile, back in King's Landing~ and its Cersei and Qyburn pouring over treaties and trade deals with Pentos and them discussing the details of certain clauses. In passing they mention Gregor slaying some Sparrows but only in a single passing sentence

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

TommyGun85 posted:

presumably the whole "we dont care if hes a bastard" speech means he has usurped Sansa as Lord of Winterfell. Bran too.

Also, I guess they just rolled Rickon into that wall of bodies and called it a day.

Sansa is going to die anyway. She let her direwolf die and we all know their mortality is indirectly tied to their direwolves. Bran is going to bite it as well with some noble sacrifice just after telling Jon his parentage.

waffle enthusiast
Nov 16, 2007

Josuke Higashikata posted:

At least we finally found out why it's called King's Landing.

Oh Jesus, at first I was like "Heyooooooo" but then I realized the Gurm probably had that in the hopper the whole time. I don't know what to believe anymore. This whole story is going to end in one big loving pun, isn't it?

I'm now 90% certain the magic that keeps the Night's King from getting past The Wall lives inside an actual, physical watch.

waffle enthusiast fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jun 28, 2016

mastajake
Oct 3, 2005

My blade is unBENDING!

Rickon's story certainly is.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
:nws:
http://thronesrealm.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/xT8qBh3Orrb8zHjmCY.gif

http://thronesrealm.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/giphy-33.gif
:nws:

mod edit: please use labelled links for NWS images. Or just don't post them!

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

So the behind the scenes stuff says that Sansa is jealous that Jon gets all the credit for saving winterfell. Well maybe if you didn't keep information about the vale knights from him or spent the last three seasons fighting and literally dying for your followers you might get some respect too.

I found it pretty stupid that right after Jon gave that big angry hit the bricks speech to Mell E Mel about wasting and endangering lives n killing people, he's just like, "lol, whatever , we're cool" when Sansa reveals that she just did something similar.

i81icu812
Dec 5, 2006

visceril posted:

Ironically, Jaime/Tyrion/Cersei are the heirs of the Barratheons now that everyone else is dead, so they should inherit, just like they inherit the throne. Not that anyone gives a poo poo.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
Jon: Davos - I'm so sorry for what happened to Shireen. It's truly unthinkable that someone could cruelly and senselessly murder a young child like that. I know she was like a daughter to you. You are right - she deserves death for what she's done, no two ways about it. We're of one mind on that one. The thing is Davos, and believe me Davos when I say I have a heavy heart on this one, the fact of the matter is, she's magic. We need that poo poo to beat the ice monsters. I have a new lease on life and that's now the most important thing to me. Winter is coming. So for now, she's gonna tell me if she decides child murder is her best course of action, and you're going to leave her alone. LC out.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Lycus posted:

I don't want to watch right now, but how mad was Preston that it was Baby Jon instead of Baby Dany?

He said something along the lines of blood covered Arthur Dayne's sword hilt being "kind of almost a bleeding star" but where's the salt and smoke? (Denial stage)

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

remind me, why does Preston want Lyanna's baby to be Dani? it makes no sense since Dani's birth was fairly well recorded, along with her and Viserys escape.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Atreiden posted:

remind me, why does Preston want Lyanna's baby to be Dani? it makes no sense since Dani's birth was fairly well recorded, along with her and Viserys escape.

As opposed to theories just being theories, he has a wider narrative playing in his head and he doesn't like the idea of letting go of it. He will force that square peg to fit that round hole until the hole is square shaped :bahgawd:

He's given GRRM way too much credit to the point that every little unneccessary detail and narrative fluff is actually telling 3-4 more books worth of story. Every time he's proven wrong in something he dies a little. No author has written a narrative so deep and complex as he imagines GRRM to have written. Having to let go of all that, all his work and referencing, and admit to himself that maybe a lot loving more than half the things he's theorized about aren't coming true is depressing.

MrSlam fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jun 28, 2016

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Obviously euron is geryon lannister but is he also the corsair king? That would rule out daario being the shrouded lord but maaaybe that's okay.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Preston should be the first choice to replace GRRM when the Pear Shaped Man dies. It's the only way to ensure we can keep joking about books never being written and then one day experience the series as a disjointed series of notes and diagrams that would pass for a serial killers collection in any movie.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsrU6d71_ao

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
EuROn=DaRIO=SyRIO=VarYS

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

visceril posted:

EuROn=DaRIO=SyRIO=VarYS

Pod = DaRio = Euron = VaryS = Tyrion = Olly = JaqeN

It's all adding up now....

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
I could imagine ASOIAF ending in an Animal Man-esque 4th wall breakage except this time the fictional characters all have very obvious moral high ground over the author and lecture him while he says "Sorry, I'm sorry. I'm trying to delete it".

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Preston believes the last shot of the last episode is going to be a golden theta emblazoned space ship landing on the scene of the greatest battle and a space bureaucrat walks out and say "uhhhhh why are you dumb dumbs still loving around with swords and horses? Where's your engineering corps family? Where this *checks translucent clipboard with glowing letters, runs fingers down names* Targaren? They were supposed to have you up to spaceflight tech by now so we could trade. What a bunch of dumb dumbs. There's a space war going on and you're all loving around in the dirt like dumb dumbs. Jeeze louise."

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Krinkle posted:

Preston believes the last shot of the last episode is going to be a golden theta emblazoned space ship landing on the scene of the greatest battle and a space bureaucrat walks out and say "uhhhhh why are you dumb dumbs still loving around with swords and horses? Where's your engineering corps family? Where this *checks translucent clipboard with glowing letters, runs fingers down names* Targaren? They were supposed to have you up to spaceflight tech by now so we could trade. What a bunch of dumb dumbs. There's a space war going on and you're all loving around in the dirt like dumb dumbs. Jeeze louise."

This may as well be canon since we're never gonna get an end to the books.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business

Atreiden posted:

He thinks Danerys is Azor Ahai, and since Azor Ahai is not even in the show, Im guessing R+L=D is the closest comparable thing that's left in? He did actually also say R+L=D at some point, but I honestly dont remember the details of all his rambling nonsense. Something about her "recorded birth" being a lie that her brother and priests used moon candles to brainwash her into believing while the dreams she has of a house is her "real" memories of being born in Dorne or something. He says "Now" waaay too much and my brain tunes out the words after a while.

To be completely fair, the Azor Ahai part is not the worst of his theories, since it looks like the only (magical) thing that has a remote chance preventing a zombie apocalypse is the giant dragons she's bringing, so at least that makes sense in terms of the narrative. But he is absolutely out of his mind to think that R+L=J isnt true in at the very least the show, "We weren't TOLD who the father is so it could be insignificant" is denial on par or even a level above "we didn't see the body so Stannis is alive."

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

After having two children named aegon and visenya, rhaegar was obviously expecting a girl to complete the trio.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
He made a whole video series about his R+L=D theory. If I recall, it started with him hyper-focusing on the lemon tree in Dany's memory and it snowballed from there.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

Yeah it's his "tower of joy" series. I feel like every few months I quote that because poo poo like "supporters of R + L = J really like the idea of the battle of bells being in the third month" is hilarious. He uses estimates of marching distances with units like "walltofells" (the distance from winterfell to the wall).

Also ahaha I bet Ned did kill those midwives that sick bastard. I guess in my head the baby was delivered personally by the sword of the morning sickness.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

Pod = DaRio = Euron = VaryS = Tyrion = Olly = JaqeN = Aegon + Connington = Moonboy = Bronn = Sweetrobin

It's all adding up now....

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Oh hey look someone linked to the GAME OF BONES FB PAGE!.. oh wait lol. Hope we get some views anyway...

https://www.facebook.com/gameofbones

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

Never put the pussy on a pedestal.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

AtAt-de-fay posted:

Never put the pussy on a pedestal.

He put the sliz on a sept.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
So did they really just spend all of Marge's screentime in the last season and a half as a giant head fake just to make the Baelorsplosion more shocking?

Is someone going to pick up a scroll she wrote before she died that says "in case cersei kills me, here's what I was up to"?

Solice Kirsk posted:

He put the sliz on a sept.

Put the baby factory on a rectory?

Intel&Sebastian fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Jun 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

I'm sure her plot was nothing more than cut a deal to free Loras then gtfo to Higharden/kill all sparrows.