Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dirt
May 26, 2003

-Atom- posted:

Rick Story vs. Cerrone is an incredible fight.

That's a tough one for Cowboy I think

I like it. Story is a pretty good wrestler(right?)I think we will get to see Cowboy's overly active guard in that fight. That's cool as poo poo.

I will watch Cowboy vs Anyone though.

Cowboy owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I don't think Story is gonna play around in Cerrone's guard, he'll just push him to the fence and beat him up.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
If Cowboy blows through Story the way he did with Côte that would be insanely cool

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Cerrone is going to murder Story

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Ewar Woowar posted:

Cerrone is going to murder Story

I'm a bit more uncertain. It's a fight between two extremely hard motherfuckers, but I think Cerrone is slightly more technical all round and will take two of the three very competitive rounds.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
Magny vs Dong Hyun Kim is apparently on for 202 :q:

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Triticum Guzzler posted:

gently caress yes that sounds like a whole bunch of fun.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Incredible

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
I don't know who I'm rooting for in that one.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Condit said on Instagram that there should be news about his next fight soon.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

afatwhiteloaf posted:

I don't know who I'm rooting for in that one.

Same here, because there are 2 Dong Hyun Kims

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Conor's coach said that the Mayweather fight would hinge on Conor getting the same money as Floyd, which is a tiny bit wishful thinking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUSmLTHRY5k
Matt Serra ft. Robbie Lawler lookin for a fight

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 13:48 on Jun 28, 2016

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

I'm seein double over here... 3 Dana Whites!

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

Bless your soul

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Conor's coach said that the Mayweather fight would hinge on Conor getting the same money as Floyd, which is a tiny bit wishful thinking.

LOL

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Don "Young" Kim will easily beat Neal Mangy.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I'm a long time fan of the donger for the following reasons:

1 good cheekbones
2 it's cool to hold standing back mount for an entire round
3 him and his super friends quoting each other in every thread

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Work Friend Keven posted:

I'm a long time fan of the donger for the following reasons:

1 good cheekbones
2 it's cool to hold standing back mount for an entire round

This

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i'm gonna listen to the new ufc podcast because mike judge is a guest

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Skip My Posts posted:

i'm gonna listen to the new ufc podcast because mike judge is a guest

let us know how it is. I found the 2nd one with CM Punk and The Rock to be okay. I get why they're loading it up with stars and personalities outside of UFC, but I do hope they soon just get to interviewing random mid-carders

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

Work Friend Keven posted:

lol

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bubba Smith posted:

let us know how it is. I found the 2nd one with CM Punk and The Rock to be okay. I get why they're loading it up with stars and personalities outside of UFC, but I do hope they soon just get to interviewing random mid-carders

They probably won't do that. It'd be far better for them to get big stars on and talk to them about random poo poo than the midcarders and lower tier guys.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Rick Story lives up to his nickname. He doesn't have enough of a reputation for anyone to get momentum from beating him, but he's probably no worse than a live underdog against anyone at 170. And when he wins he's one of those guys who doesn't so much look good, but rather he makes his opponents look really really bad. Even some of the guys who beat him ended up losing steam and momentum as a result of how they looked versus Story.

That he has only been finished once, by Demian Maia (submission: head explosion), over 18 UFC fights is pretty impressive too.

In short, that he accepted this matchup is the greatest evidence that Cowboy has yet given us that he's insane. Nobody should want to fight Rick Story.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
I feel like Story is going to get eaten up trying to get inside and finished late.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

On the one hand, Donald Cerrone's flashing weak boss point is his midsection where he is much more prone to getting hurt from a big shot than his head, and Rick Story has his reputation for brutal body work. On the other hand, despite having his reputation for brutal body work, literally the only time I can remember him ever throwing a body shot in the entire time I've been watching is in his last fight against Tarec Saffiedine. So :iiam:

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Story hit Nelson in the body a lot. It's part of why he got so tired in that fight.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Story is very physically strong and finished an arm triangle from inside some scrub's guard (Rick Foster maybe?). I don't know why anybody thinks Cerrone is a lock to win this, Story is a tough matchup for every welterweight except for that one time Demian Maia looked very good and that one time that Charlie Brenneman looked very good.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Bluedeanie posted:

On the one hand, Donald Cerrone's flashing weak boss point is his midsection where he is much more prone to getting hurt from a big shot than his head, and Rick Story has his reputation for brutal body work. On the other hand, despite having his reputation for brutal body work, literally the only time I can remember him ever throwing a body shot in the entire time I've been watching is in his last fight against Tarec Saffiedine. So :iiam:

Go rewatch the Gunnar Nelson fight. According to FightMetric Story landed 58 body shots. It was the one that made me notice Story's body work, anyway, in which he flurries there as an immediate response to any collar tie. According to the numbers he did some relatively heavy body work on Brian Ebersole, too.

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
some guy i've never heard of says condit is gonna be on 202 too

https://twitter.com/BielzitoMMA/status/747847057864556544

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

UFC 202 is looking sick. So far you have:

McGregor vs Diaz 2
Cerrone vs Story
Rumble vs Glover
Condit vs TBA (rumored)

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Josuke Higashikata posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUSmLTHRY5k
Matt Serra ft. Robbie Lawler lookin for a fight

God gave the Irish three things: Pride, Thick skulls, and Alcoholism.

Cart Mountain
Nov 1, 2004

threeagainstfour posted:

UFC 202 is looking sick. So far you have:

McGregor vs Diaz 2
Cerrone vs Story
Rumble vs Glover
Condit vs TBA (rumored)

Condit vs Maia just got announced.

Cool.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

That's an interesting as gently caress fight

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Cart Mountain posted:

Cool.

gently caress, that's a good fight.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Cart Mountain posted:

Cool.

I think Maia is gonna see some early success and get a really dominant position, then after 1 round he's gonna die.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

202 is shaping up to be just an embarrassment of riches.

We are being spoiled. We are being pampered.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Cart Mountain posted:

Cool.

Cool

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.

Cart Mountain posted:

Cool.
Jagshemash, my wife she is great fan of the fight

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Cart Mountain posted:

Cool.

Dios mio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
200 and 202 are real good cards, I'm scared that means there's gonna be no good fights until December but ehh SUMMER OF FIGHTS WOO.

• Locked thread