Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

vyst posted:

Publix owns. I could go for a chikky tender sub right now.

I generally refer to them as the best sandwich deli with the shittiest service in town. Literally anything on their 5 grain Italian bread is nirvana.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ranbo das
Oct 16, 2013

I have a friend in Test who keeps saying that they can just blueball PL until PL has to go defend MBC space from the evil Goons so its no big deal. Because apparently PL can't actually fight MBC members because PL is obligated to defend them for the rest of time or something.

I hope you prove him wrong.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Rhymenoserous posted:

I generally refer to them as the best sandwich deli with the shittiest service in town. Literally anything on their 5 grain Italian bread is nirvana.

Their subs are amazing - and considering I grew up in New Jersey I like to think I know something about subs.

Their fried chicken and mojo pork are really loving good, too. Actually, all of their meat is really good. If we discovered that it was all actually made of horses or people or something, I would be completely unfazed.

Now I have to have Publix for lunch. Fortunately my office is has three of them less than a half mile from us.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

ranbo das posted:

I have a friend in Test who keeps saying that they can just blueball PL until PL has to go defend MBC space from the evil Goons so its no big deal. Because apparently PL can't actually fight MBC members because PL is obligated to defend them for the rest of time or something.

I hope you prove him wrong.

they learn so fast

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I'm going to make a YouTuber post and say PL has its missionaccomplished.jpg moment and is under no obligation to reblue anyone

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rhymenoserous posted:

Publix is awesome.

Giant is also awesome.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Unfunny Poster posted:

Publix is awesome.

Giant is also awesome.

Publix is probably the best grocery I've ever been to, hands down. I don't know how to explain it, but their layout just seems so incredibly efficient that, having never been inside one, I still knew exactly where everything was based on common sense. And their store brands are 10/10

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

They also have an international isle which allowed me to get Irn Bru. :scotland:

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Kimsemus posted:

Publix is probably the best grocery I've ever been to, hands down. I don't know how to explain it, but their layout just seems so incredibly efficient that, having never been inside one, I still knew exactly where everything was based on common sense. And their store brands are 10/10

Is it weird that I prefer Publix brand breakfast cereal to the name brand?

Massasoit posted:

I'm going to make a YouTuber post and say PL has its missionaccomplished.jpg moment and is under no obligation to reblue anyone

PL is in a very weird place now, politically. Ostensibly, they will re-blue (or at least stop shooting) the MBC if the Goons attempt to gain sov or ever establish a foothold in Deklein again. This was a point they reiterated again and again on a dozen podcasts and on Reddit. But if they do that, then the Goons can essentially dictate when and where PL can do their thing - e.g. if PL goes balls deep in a war against TEST, and Goons suddenly make strides in Deklein or push into another territory, PL would have to chose between abandoning their efforts against TEST or allowing a Goon resurgence just to continue fighting an MBC ally.

If they choose to focus on Goons, we can always go back to Saranen - rinse and repeat, until some opportunist comes along and changes the dynamic again.

The alternative is that the two strongest MBC players continue fighting each other while Goons are given a free hand.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Oodles posted:

They also have an international isle which allowed me to get Irn Bru. :scotland:

They have McVitties, Lion Bars, Salad Cream, Mushy Peas, and Branston Pickle, too. I had a Mancunian roommate in college, and when he found out about that he almost cried.

Also try Iron Beer. It's some kind of Cuban staple.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Baculus posted:

PL is in a very weird place now, politically. Ostensibly, they will re-blue (or at least stop shooting) the MBC if the Goons attempt to gain sov or ever establish a foothold in Deklein again. This was a point they reiterated again and again on a dozen podcasts and on Reddit. But if they do that, then the Goons can essentially dictate when and where PL can do their thing - e.g. if PL goes balls deep in a war against TEST, and Goons suddenly make strides in Deklein or push into another territory, PL would have to chose between abandoning their efforts against TEST or allowing a Goon resurgence just to continue fighting an MBC ally.

If they choose to focus on Goons, we can always go back to Saranen - rinse and repeat, until some opportunist comes along and changes the dynamic again.

The alternative is that the two strongest MBC players continue fighting each other while Goons are given a free hand.

when has anyone ever in the history of eve followed through on the "We will come and do x repeatedly if you do y"

they said the same thing about AAA

they said the same thing about Solar Fleet

they said the same thing about BoB and now they got BoB corps + sir molle blue

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Orange Red Bull posted:

when has anyone ever in the history of eve followed through on the "We will come and do x repeatedly if you do y"

Sir, are you implying that these gentlemen were engaging in sophistry?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

also: lol at ncdot for taking in ratpercussus

i give that three weeks

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Orange Red Bull posted:

also: lol at ncdot for taking in ratpercussus

i give that three weeks

That's a move I did not expect.

Now they get to share Alliance with hirr again. That should be awkward.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

i wonder if the 20 boxing rattlesnake guy is still in there

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Zephyrine posted:

That's a move I did not expect.

Now they get to share Alliance with hirr again. That should be awkward.

Pretty sure it went something like this

Lady Scarlet: "Yo Vince i got approached by Repercussus the ex-razor/goon corp about a trial"

Vince Draken: "lol you serious..whats the question"

Lady Scarlet: "how bout it"

Vince Draken: "how many supers do they have"

Lady Scarlet: "x amount"

Vince Draken: "ok, just tell them to drop corp if they get tackled moving"

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Orange Red Bull posted:

i wonder if the 20 boxing rattlesnake guy is still in there

He went from hirr to rep and then to karmafleet and then sundering. Currently he is in an NPC corp.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

Baculus posted:

I know fights. I have the best fights. It may be elitist, and perhaps that's what Eve needs. Let Eve be elitist. When I say 'aspire,' that's a positive word -- let people work hard and aspire to some day be able to play with PL.

(You know, it doesn't really matter what Reddit writes about you, as long as you've got a young and beautiful Erebus.)

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

Baculus posted:

I mean, they're not the only ones. "stabbing N3 in their heart over and over and over again". etc etc

Pretty standard stuff on all sides.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Baculus posted:

This isn't an unfamiliar political situation we find ourselves in- and, it's summer time before the AT. I don't think there's going to be a lot of ~serious business~ stuff happening, and it's probably the best time for GSF to get fights, since TEST will throw the whole drat kitchen at us, and if we come back to southern Pure Blind/Saranen, we get what? More hurricanes? That's not a really hard choice to make- obviously if there's not one, we can take the other (hopefully by surprise). The 17ly divide between Hakonen and Saranen is less than a dozen gates- ideally GSF doesn't make itself a juicier target than TEST and we continue to push Vily over the boiling point.

TEST is strong in numbers, not so much in talent, they're still very much in the shadow of NC. who is on a recruiting spree. Given what Vily has been harping about on reddit, and Sapporo calling this POS nonsense 'an act of war'- TEST will most likely remain our focus. Unless you know, something retarded happens like Darkness. gets all emo again, and flips sides.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

(You know, it doesn't really matter what Reddit writes about you, as long as you've got a young and beautiful Erebus.)

Too bad you're an ugly and decrepit Leviathan.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Xolve posted:

This isn't an unfamiliar political situation we find ourselves in- and, it's summer time before the AT. I don't think there's going to be a lot of ~serious business~ stuff happening, and it's probably the best time for GSF to get fights, since TEST will throw the whole drat kitchen at us, and if we come back to southern Pure Blind/Saranen, we get what? More hurricanes? That's not a really hard choice to make- obviously if there's not one, we can take the other (hopefully by surprise). The 17ly divide between Hakonen and Saranen is less than a dozen gates- ideally GSF doesn't make itself a juicier target than TEST and we continue to push Vily over the boiling point.

TEST is strong in numbers, not so much in talent, they're still very much in the shadow of NC. who is on a recruiting spree. Given what Vily has been harping about on reddit, and Sapporo calling this POS nonsense 'an act of war'- TEST will most likely remain our focus. Unless you know, something retarded happens like Darkness. gets all emo again, and flips sides.

what is NCDOTTE hoping to accomplish by swelling their numbers so much?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Landsknecht posted:

fill a fleet

without pl or alts in it

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Landsknecht posted:

ADMs don't grind themselves

in this regard ratpercussus was an excellent pickup

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

Landsknecht posted:

No idea, but it's a fairly good time for them to do so.

I don't know that their participation in the MBC will attract a lot of people, as far as recruitment goes... but if you imagine PL as some kind of plague, or natural disaster which just occasionally sweeps through null and low-sec making the locals violently poo poo themselves and occasionally destroying a trailer park, then the fact that NC. has a functional immunity to that happening can be very appealing.

Orange Red Bull posted:

fill a fleet

without pl or alts in it

I know NC. has over 3000 characters, but I actually haven't seen that many of them. Do they genuinely struggle to field fleets?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Baculus posted:

No idea, but it's a fairly good time for them to do so.

I don't know that their participation in the MBC will attract a lot of people, as far as recruitment goes... but if you imagine PL as some kind of plague, or natural disaster which just occasionally sweeps through null and low-sec making the locals violently poo poo themselves and occasionally destroying a trailer park, then the fact that NC. has a functional immunity to that happening can be very appealing.

I know NC. has over 3000 characters, but I actually haven't seen that many of them. Do they genuinely struggle to field fleets?

the most i ever seen ncdot put in a fleet was 170

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Baculus posted:

They normally hit 160-170 in EUTZ and 100ish in USTZ.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

To be fair Rep is a pretty competent corp. It was Ali Virgo that lead to the nick name. Not the corps level of activity.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Zephyrine posted:

To be fair Rep is a pretty competent corp. It was Ali Virgo that lead to the nick name. Not the corps level of activity.

No they aren't and no Ali wasn't the only reason you butt.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I spent my days being a UPS driver but hey let me tell you about politics and the old chatter around the water cooler.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Zephyrine posted:

a pretty competent corp

compared to who

i judge a competent corp by: do i hear and see them doing things and winning on their own outside of an alliance

you can count those corps on one hand in eve

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Zephyrine posted:

He went from hirr to rep and then to karmafleet and then sundering. Currently he is in an NPC corp.

He should've followed Despera to TEST he could be ratting right now :yarg:

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Before I took a break, I put a plex in my redeeming queue. I can't figure out how to redeem it! The link on account management leads to the no-longer-working EVE wiki. Do I just enable hours for plex and then redeem it that way in-game?

Figured it out. God I hate CCP.

Otacon fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Jun 28, 2016

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Is there anywhere I can go to read an accurate summary of the recent war and who all the sides and lovely internet personalities involved are so I can make sense of anything people say about it?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Orange Red Bull posted:

compared to who

i judge a competent corp by: do i hear and see them doing things and winning on their own outside of an alliance

you can count those corps on one hand in eve

Compared to the GSF average in levels of activity, skillpoints, organization.

They were obviously not happy in GSF but as a whole they are "fine"

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

GSF is an anomaly since its primary purpose is to house SA goons and all that entails vs. looking slim, sleek and active on dotlan or zkill.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

The Shortest Path posted:

Is there anywhere I can go to read an accurate summary of the recent war and who all the sides and lovely internet personalities involved are so I can make sense of anything people say about it?

no

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

good.luck.

If you're looking for a factual retelling of what happened you can look at the changes in territory ownership. Everything beyond that is interpretation and you'll need experience to recognize when someone is trying to feed you their story. hint: it's always someone's story.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Eh, even a heavily biased version of events would be fine at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Eh, even a heavily biased version of events would be fine at this point.

that would be this thread.

• Locked thread