Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Hogge Wild posted:

I'm a picture of a naked man stretching his anus with both hands, to approximately the width of his fist. The inside of his rectum is also clearly visible. Below his anus, his erect penis and scrotum are visible, as well as a golden wedding ring on the ring finger of his left hand.

Kirk Johnson was the hero we deserved. May God rest his soul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Steve Lichman book has appeared on my doorstep. Life is good

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

JaggerMcDagger posted:

In the reaching out to others process, I have come across too many who don't even believe that Jesus is God. This is one of the reasons why I have written and published a book called Mighty Messianic Prophecy. It is written to help people understand the undeniable evidence in the Old Testament that proves Jesus to be our mighty God.

Colored ink pen drawing and collage on paper, 3.5" x 4.5" by Jumping Joe Chiappetta, 2007

... buuuuuut, the story of Jesus' birth doesn't even occur until the New Testament?

Phthisis
Apr 16, 2007

"Maybe some dolphins have sex for pleasure."

Nitrox posted:

Steve Lichman book has appeared on my doorstep. Life is good

I went cross county for the summer so mine is sitting in my house where my roommate left it until I can get back. Is it as good as the first comics? The newer ones were pretty meh.

Lamprey Cannon
Jul 23, 2011

by exmarx

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

... buuuuuut, the story of Jesus' birth doesn't even occur until the New Testament?

Maybe :thejoke: , but the Old Testament contains (up to interpretation) a prophecy of a coming messiah, who will be a descendant of King David, be born in Bethlehem, and a bunch of other things. The New Testament emphasizes a lot of details that supposedly bring Jesus in line with the prophecy, like that he was born in Bethlehem, (but his parents had to immediately afterwards flee to Nazareth); his lineage gets traced back to David, (but only on Joseph's side, which you might argue doesn't count). One might argue that these addendums are an afterthought, added to the story of Jesus in an effort to make the idea of Jesus as the savior more palatable to jews who believed in the prophecy, but that's religion for you, dawg.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

Phthisis posted:

I went cross county for the summer so mine is sitting in my house where my roommate left it until I can get back. Is it as good as the first comics? The newer ones were pretty meh.

Haven't had a chance to read it, working 12 hour days at the moment. It begins with the storyline that's been posted in this thread before, not sure how far it goes.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
Grab a Halcyon, it's George Bestial!

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Dems Fighting words

And accurate

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Behold the rare amusing PvP comic. One of Kurtz' funny friends must have wandered through the office.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
PVP was interesting for a little while, and then Kurtz went full-insane when he literally said that to increase his comics visibility, he wanted to make it "more like the comics in the newspaper".

Yeah, let's make this poo poo like Garfield and Frank & Ernest. Those things are just bursting with quality.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
Kurtz kinda billed himself as the bridge between traditional syndicated cartoonists, and the new webcomics crowd. I'm afraid the old syndicated guys have infected him, but I'm not sure how. He's too fat to golf.

The problem isn't that he's drifted away from gamer comics into something more broad, it's that there's absolutely nothing funny about it. The only reason PvP is still on my feed is that it's a fast read. Just some vestigial growth on my daily comic crawl.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
I was the biggest PVP fan and enjoyed what a dick Kurtz was. Until he was personally a dick to me in person. Instant un-fan.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Unmature posted:

I was the biggest PVP fan and enjoyed what a dick Kurtz was. Until he was personally a dick to me in person. Instant un-fan.

It was kinda sad (in the pathetic way) seeing his booth at an Australian convention a year or two back. It was among a bunch of indie comic booths and his was the only one without anyone stopping to browse.

I swear there was actually this wide empty space around the PVP Booth from people deliberately avoiding it, which is a real feat in a crowded convention hall.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Clitch posted:

Behold the rare amusing PvP comic. One of Kurtz' funny friends must have wandered through the office.

He got somewhat beaten to the joke, although his execution and art is superior.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

What's the "joke" then?

Pesterchum
Nov 8, 2009

clown car to hell choo choo

Krowley posted:

What's the "joke" then?

The attacking team in Overwatch start in a room for a minute while the team on defense gets a chance to set up a position. They usually spend this time loving up the waiting room.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

Pesterchum posted:

The attacking team in Overwatch start in a room for a minute while the team on defense gets a chance to set up a position. They usually spend this time loving up the waiting room.

Some classic poo poo for sure.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
bideo james

fuckin breeders man
Mar 21, 2007

Krowley posted:

What's the "joke" then?

In Overwatch your staging area has a bunch of stuff you can shoot up, and you can spray it with your graffitti. The joke is that a janitor cleans it up. The joke is not funny.

edit: beaten, have a maakies

fuckin breeders man has a new favorite as of 09:36 on Jun 28, 2016

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Mierenneuker posted:

He got somewhat beaten to the joke

Somewhat? Isn't that joke the entire premise of Viscera Cleanup Detail?

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Tiggum posted:

Got beat to it on Overwatch specifically. Woes of [clean-up person] after [action thing] happens is a joke probably as old as civilization.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Tiggum posted:

True.

Skippy McPants posted:

Got beat to it on Overwatch specifically. Woes of [clean-up person] after [action thing] happens is a joke probably as old as civilization.

I shan't deny this either.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Tiggum posted:

... which was beaten by the Damage Control comic by 27 years.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Skippy McPants posted:

"The Tales of NABONAHID, Janitor of Uruk"

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Unmature
May 9, 2008
I feel like OwlTurd is the same one or two comics over and over again.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Unmature posted:

What did he do?

lost in postation
Aug 14, 2009

Unmature posted:

I feel like OwlTurd is the same one or two comics over and over again.

And both of them are sanctimonious and a bit poo poo, really

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002

lost in postation posted:

And both of them are sanctimonious and a bit poo poo, really
Perhaps you should post comics that are not poo poo, really

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Nitrox posted:

Perhaps you should post comics that are not poo poo, really

Friendly reminder to properly embed your images before making snarky posts online.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

trapped mouse posted:

Friendly reminder to properly embed your images before making snarky posts online.

I'm so sick of these impossible postings standards. :sigh:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Mierenneuker posted:

He got somewhat beaten to the joke, although his execution and art is superior.

Surprised the NerfNow guy didn't put that woman in a thong and implied she was having sex with Tracer.

The artist is a little...obsessive with his fetish. :catstare:

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Dr_Amazing posted:

What did he do?

He didn't bad touch me or anything, just was kind of a jerk. I waited in line to meet him and watched him avoid eye contact and barely exchange two sentences with his fans. Then it got to me. I handed him my copy of How to Make Webcomics and he just wordlessly opened it and started signing. I tried to make conversation, "I just got it signed by Brad Guigar." He looks at me and in the shittiest way points to Brad's signature and says "I see that." Then he drew the cat who is my least favorite PVP character and handed me the book.

This was after years of reading PVP and being a part of the community in the stream chats and the forums. As a teen I would just jump to random parts of the archives and reread the strips I'd read a hundred times. Instantly stopped reading.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Unmature posted:

He didn't bad touch me or anything, just was kind of a jerk. I waited in line to meet him and watched him avoid eye contact and barely exchange two sentences with his fans. Then it got to me. I handed him my copy of How to Make Webcomics and he just wordlessly opened it and started signing. I tried to make conversation, "I just got it signed by Brad Guigar." He looks at me and in the shittiest way points to Brad's signature and says "I see that." Then he drew the cat who is my least favorite PVP character and handed me the book.

This was after years of reading PVP and being a part of the community in the stream chats and the forums. As a teen I would just jump to random parts of the archives and reread the strips I'd read a hundred times. Instantly stopped reading.

He was just cranky because he hadn't eaten a Baconator for 20 minutes.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

He was just cranky because he hadn't eaten a Baconator for 20 minutes.

This was when he'd recently lost a bunch of weight. I mentioned that to my friend and he was like "WHAT. He LOST weight!?"

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
was he the fat poo poo that conan made fun of?

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Unmature posted:

Not that i'm a fan of PVP or anything, but it sounds like you have unreasonable expectations for people who make their money off the con circuit. Meredith Gran was pretty rude to me at a signing at TCAF one year, doesn't mean I stop reading her stuff. People being mega nice is the exception, not the rule- he's just human.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Unmature posted:

Then he drew the cat who is my least favorite PVP character

What a loving rear end in a top hat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Just Offscreen posted:

Not that i'm a fan of PVP or anything, but it sounds like you have unreasonable expectations for people who make their money off the con circuit. Meredith Gran was pretty rude to me at a signing at TCAF one year, doesn't mean I stop reading her stuff. People being mega nice is the exception, not the rule- he's just human.

No, he sounds pretty assholish. He doesn't have to be fawning over the dude, but that is pretty unacceptable.
Those people are there because of you, to give you money.

• Locked thread