Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

ImpAtom posted:

I know the reason why (it's because she spills into the great hall the same way she spills into her dress, both taxed to contain her) but it annoys me that Miss Fortune has like ten billion skins and keeps getting more.

i got incredibly hard reading this and now i have to finish myself, thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wodin
Jul 12, 2001

What do you do with a drunken Viking?

JuniperCake posted:

Welp for those who complained about Malz. There's some absolutely savage nerfs for him in the PBE.

Those changes will dumpster him if they ever make live but then again I'm still unsure of how you balance malz's kit without breaking him one way or the other.

But this should make the people who hated fighting him happy. Frankly I'm just glad there are so many good ap mids that it doesn't matter if one or two get completely gutted.

I'm a bit confused: assuming you're talking about the change to W, that seemed mostly fine? Like yeah, the extra cooldown is going to suck, but the core is that he has less all-in opportunities in lane and if he wants to use W for pushing early he now knows he's trading off kill potential for a while. The upside on getting a bunch of minions on a champion seems higher (since it's first hit rather than kill or 4s), so I'm not terribly worried?

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I was under the impression that malzahar was already completely dumpstered

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

exethan posted:

He's the top win rate top and mid on champion.gg right now so I'm going to go with not dumpstered.

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)

exethan posted:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/page/champion-update-ryze-rune-mage

ryze update

I don't play Ryze so what's the difference?

that ult is good

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/news/game-updates/patch/patch-613-notes

rocket grab nerf is so hosed up

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Tired Moritz posted:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/en/page/champion-update-ryze-rune-mage

ryze update

I don't play Ryze so what's the difference?

that ult is good

This is stupid. His damage either has to be stupid low or he will be too strong. His root has to be extremely short or he will be ridiculously strong with a doubling of the length after using E. Bad and dumb with the exact same problems he has now.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
oh. i guess if you just play kassadin you don't have to worry about malzahar

stump collector
May 28, 2007
that ultimate is really dumb and ryze will once again need a rework as soon as competitive teams are able to use it

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

exethan posted:

that ultimate is really dumb and ryze will once again need a rework as soon as competitive teams are able to use it

lol yup

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
um I thought Ryze is black? rito whitewashing now?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

exethan posted:

"Hm wow it sure sucks Ryze can close the gap so fast on enemies AND his root and massive damage..let's just give him a teleport instead." -Riot 2016

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

quote:

new SMART FIELD No longer hits monsters while Blitzcrank is out of combat

It only took like 6 years.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
"He's been a real strong champion in competitive, we're worried that he influences games too heavily, that's why now we allow his entire team to cover the distance of a double-flash near instantaneously. We think this should bring him in line with several other champions, like literally if you combined any of several champions together, like a high damage mage and a high mobility support tank, and put it on one character, that's what he's in line with."

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

So we got Pit Lord before Dota 2

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

is rune prison still targeted

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Bholder posted:

This should be the new thread title imo

Xyretire
May 22, 2003
Lickin' the Gun.
I don't understand these changes to Tahm Kench. They added +5 damage per rank after 1 to his Q, nerfed his early game gray health conversion + healing on his E and made his health slightly easier to use. And then they changed his passive so that it does a shitload less damage, unless it is per stack? But that is only beneficial very early (1-3% over 0% from 1-5, 1-3% over 2% from 6-10) but then is worse from then on (1.25-3.75% from 11-15, 1.5-4.5% from 6% from 16+). Otherwise it's a straight up nerf to his damage and 20 Q damage at max rank isn't going to compare to losing at least 1.5% of your max health damage (equal to 20 damage at a whopping 1334 max health).

This while saying they're moving more of his kit to his offense? I don't get it.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

I'm not sure what the purpose of that change is since they will still be well within knockup range

It will just make it so half of the time when you pull someone from the other side of the wall they will slide back over

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Post-death kill experience sounds pretty dumb, but I'm not sure how dumb yet.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

wodin posted:

I'm a bit confused: assuming you're talking about the change to W, that seemed mostly fine? Like yeah, the extra cooldown is going to suck, but the core is that he has less all-in opportunities in lane and if he wants to use W for pushing early he now knows he's trading off kill potential for a while. The upside on getting a bunch of minions on a champion seems higher (since it's first hit rather than kill or 4s), so I'm not terribly worried?

The cooldown now goes to 22 at rank 5 from 20 at old rank 1 but its the other change that is really going to hurt him.

Old W would spawn minions when the minions melee champions or jungle monsters with each new voidling being able to proc another voidling. Now it just spawns one minion every 4 seconds with the shared duration. This means if you use W on an enemy champion in a team fight you'll get 3 voidlings only (starting with one on cast, one at 4, another at 8, then at 12 seconds the duration is up). This means all three have to survive to get the boost to attack speed and actual damage output. Now consider a team fight and all the aoe damage and how the minions aren't very durable you'll pretty much never see three survive in practice.

Since old w could easily get you like 6-7 or so minions per cast, and the cd could be lowered to the point that you always had minions out in late game gives malzs very strong sustained dps even with the loss of some of the voidlings in the fight. However, the combination of halving your available voidlings and vastly increasing your cd (Rank 5 is now 2 seconds higher cd than old Rank 1) he is not going to be able to do very good sustained damage and that's really all he has late game except catching people with ult. Though for catching people, champs like Lux can do it better imo.

He needs nerfs sure, hes very strong atm but this change in particular would wreck him.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
They've changed Ryze from being Pick/ban depending on how broken he is that particular patch to pick/ban forever because of his dumb broken ultimate.

They're going to have to make him really weak and tanky in order to justify the new ultimate.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Ouch. Honestly, I love the army of voidlings even when against Malz. It's a fun and unique effect that gives him a different edge than other mages. It's a weird change when they could just tie power to Visions and give it a weird quirk (lower voidling damage, attacks on visioned enemy get a damage increase, visions duration reduced unless it jumped to the hero and not just casted).

As-is it sounds like he's gonna go back to the pre-rework problem where he's boring and indistinct and basically just a walking ultimate.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
I realize this is in the middle of the patch notes discussion and might get passed over which is fair. This point of offensive champions has really confused me all season and I'm curious what people think or how they decide in their own games.

1) On Mages:
What makes you decide to go Piercing Thoughts/Deathfire Touch vs. Precision/Thunderlord's Decree?

2a) On any carries (Mid or Bot) and assuming 24 in the Ferocity tree (with any of the three keystones):
What makes you decide to go 18 in Cunning or Resolve?

2b) On any carries (Mid or Bot) and assuming 24 in the Cunning tree (Thunderlord):
What makes you decide to go 18 in Ferocity or Resolve?

I don't play a lot of carry (obviously for people here who play with me) and I feel like these mastery decision points are up in the air for me almost every game I do. I can never tell which to go, and I'm always adjusting them situationally like:
"I'm an ADC in a bad lane with no healer, I should probably go Bloodlust (Lifesteal) and Insight (SS CDR)" or "I'm a Mage mid and I'm going to run Teleport, I won't be able to harass well, so I'm going to go Deathfire Touch and Insight"

But these are just my on the fly interpretations and I'm never really confident that I'm right about any of these things.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Meat Recital posted:

Post-death kill experience sounds pretty dumb, but I'm not sure how dumb yet.

very dumb

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/RiotRepertoir/status/747857745865408516

Rank 2 Nocturne ult but for your team lol

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Libertine posted:

I realize this is in the middle of the patch notes discussion and might get passed over which is fair. This point of offensive champions has really confused me all season and I'm curious what people think or how they decide in their own games.

1) On Mages:
What makes you decide to go Piercing Thoughts/Deathfire Touch vs. Precision/Thunderlord's Decree?

2a) On any carries (Mid or Bot) and assuming 24 in the Ferocity tree (with any of the three keystones):

2b) On any carries (Mid or Bot) and assuming 24 in the Cunning tree (Thunderlord):

I don't play a lot of carry (obviously for people here who play with me) and I feel like these mastery decision points are up in the air for me almost every game I do. I can never tell which to go, and I'm always adjusting them situationally like:
"I'm an ADC in a bad lane with no healer, I should probably go Bloodlust (Lifesteal) and Insight (SS CDR)" or "I'm a Mage mid and I'm going to run Teleport, I won't be able to harass well, so I'm going to go Deathfire Touch and Insight"

But these are just my on the fly interpretations and I'm never really confident that I'm right about any of these things.

1. I always take thunderlords and the magic pen thing on mages or if i'm playing graves jungle
2. always 18 12 0 for ADC with fervor because it does more damage
3. for kassadin or fizz i take 0 18 12 because the health regen mastery is good for early laning

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Libertine posted:

1) On Mages:

1 - Deathfire touch if you don't want to 100 to 0 someone, thunderlord's if you do.

2a - I always do cunning for Dangerous Game, which is arguably the best single point mastery in the game.

2b - Ferocity because double edged sword and lifesteal is too good in general, although you can make an argument for resolve on tanky engage mids like Kassadin or... Nautilus or something?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

rank 2 is literally just tahm kench's ult but better

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also deathfire is for poke champions, thunderlord is for all-in champions

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Endorph posted:

rank 2 is literally just tahm kench's ult but better

Yeah just gently caress TK, I guess.

Just gonna keep parroting the consensus here, new Ryze looks loving dumb and will be Olaf'd until he gets another rework as soon as he hits competitive.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

looking forward to the support ryze meta

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Libertine posted:

1) On Mages:

I like thunderlords on AP if I can easily proc it. Like Lux is really good with thunderlords since her passive proccing counts as a hit, so e + one auto will trigger it. It's not just a matter of harass either as it increases the damage she does when she combos with her ult and helps her burst people down as well. So in that kind of situation where my champ has a "combo" or can reliably proc it, i'll always go for thunderlords. Same goes with any champs that have good combos where thunderlords is easy or trivial to proc like vel'koz or taliyah or whatever.

Otherwise for champs like vlad who are more about sustained damage, I'll go deathfire.

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

"League of Legends patch 9.4: The Ryze re-re-re-re-rework. We here at Riot know we have had issues balancing this champion in the past, but this time we got it for sure"

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot

Bholder posted:

pendragon stole from the wrong part of the dota allstars forum archive

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

:laffo: There is no way that hits live like that right? like holy loving poo poo. 3X the distance of flash at rank 1, and 7x the distance at rank 2? For a group? With a ridiculously short channel time? Ryze's other abilities could do little damage and he still will never get through bans at the competitive level. What???

stump collector
May 28, 2007
if they just reverted him to the targeted version of ryze from season 4 then they wouldn't have any problems balancing him, so many of the champions they released since then would be fine to choose against him just to kite away

Spudalicious
Dec 24, 2003

I <3 Alton Brown.
So if I have a champ that I really like for a particular role in ranked but my winrate after 30 games is abysmal (35%), should I try someone else or just keep trudging until I get good? For reference the only champs I have good winrates on I have less than 10 games with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

what champ in what role

• Locked thread