Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BUTTERWORBS
Oct 16, 2002

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

Oh a beach stage! Who wants to bet real money on it lagging worse than the waterfall stage?

not me since i play on pc and have not had any lag from stages

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'll bet fight money on it

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS

giogadi posted:

My experience verbatim trying to explain this game to my wife

Never ever advertise fighting games to your loved ones.

That is if you really love them.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
See honey its funny because of where the red rectangle is

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Saint Freak posted:

What time of day is the Devour Hour Hour Hour Hour? My guess is it's around 6 PM EST.

It's whatever time you're supposed eat Fourthmeal at, like 2 AM or whatever. Whenever bars have to close in your jurisdiction.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wifey getting concerned because I've been paging through hundreds of photos of different colored squares and lolling for the last hour,

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I tried to show my wife the bad grab and low forward hit boxes but forgot she is a god tier masher with no attention span and she just kicked my rear end

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

My wife hasn't been confirmed for SF5 yet

Zebia
Oct 10, 2012

How's my volume?

Night Blade posted:

Her hands look like hot dogs in that shot.

That's how they always look. They gave her fat fingers in this game.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

Saint Freak posted:

Jokerpilled Drudge
Jan 27, 2010

by Pragmatica

croutonZA posted:

I'm looking forward to the dumb story mode and they should add more pervy fanservice because this is a video game and no one important takes those seriously anyway.

no thank you

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

Help Im Alive posted:

They just revealed Juri on Sunday though...?

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

What do you mean? Birdie is already in the game.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Help Im Alive posted:

Uh dude you'd be crazy to assume Chun-Li wouldn't be in a Street Fighter game

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.
Juri's the first DLC character I actually care to play. I really hope they didn't change too much about her.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?
people being sexy in fighting games is more then just masturbation material (although that's cool too) but it's also because people of all sexes want to be insanely physically attractive but can't in real life because they eat at applebees too much or something. zero G tits are the exact same as guiles biceps the size of his head. this is my essay on gender politics and fighting games, ty for reading.

anyway urien probably has a suit because they want a way to give him alternate colors without just changing his skin tone and so they can sell the speedo as DLC

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

bhsman posted:

They just revealed Juri on Sunday though...?

Jack Trades posted:

What do you mean? Birdie is already in the game.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

Uh dude you'd be crazy to assume Chun-Li wouldn't be in a Street Fighter game

I'm talking about Makoto losers

Nothing beats rindo-kan karate

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

darealkooky posted:

people being sexy in fighting games is more then just masturbation material (although that's cool too) but it's also because people of all sexes want to be insanely physically attractive but can't in real life because they eat at applebees too much or something. zero G tits are the exact same as guiles biceps the size of his head. this is my essay on gender politics and fighting games, ty for reading.

anyway urien probably has a suit because they want a way to give him alternate colors without just changing his skin tone and so they can sell the speedo as DLC

i don't really care what the characters look like because my eyes generally just glass over as i take my losses buut they probably should put some fat and old ladies in the game like sim/birdie counterparts though because they generally just have skinny girl and skinny girl with T&A. if there was more of a range of body types people wouldn't care that some were fan service.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Add the grannies from Matrimelee

dangerdoom volvo
Nov 5, 2009
i would love a kung fu grannie, they already stole everything else from shaw brothers movies

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
Juri better be good but the question would be whether she'll be getting a useful v-skill and not just Engine 2.0 like Chun-Li.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

haven't played sfv in like two months but i just saw the balrog reveal trailer and my god the theme music is amazing

the choir!

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx

uncleKitchener posted:

Juri better be good but the question would be whether she'll be getting a useful v-skill and not just Engine 2.0 like Chun-Li.

Didn't Feng Shui Ultra allow her to cancel normals into other normals? It might just be a copy and paste of that rather than Chun's, which just gives her extra hits and hitstun to make certain links possible?

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

I'd be cautiously optimistic about Balrog but you just know his normals will have no range and nothing will link into anything and blah blah gently caress

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
The CapcomFighters Twitch channel'll supposedly show off Balrog during their WSO session in about 10 minutes from now (3:30PM EST).

VVV That's kinda sweet; they really want people to know you can combo into it. Maybe it doesn't have I-frames on startup but does a fuckton of damage?

bhsman fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jun 28, 2016

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Mqm0znZW2U

his super is bionic arm apparently

Constellation I
Apr 3, 2005
I'm a sucker, a little fucker.
thanks SJW's for the hot takes

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013

darealkooky posted:

A ridiculous boob doesn't help you punch hard

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Ag Bengip posted:

If anything it's a liability. I'm told that getting punched in the tiddy is a sure-fire bad time.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mai doesn't seem to have any issues with it

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Ag Bengip posted:

and gigantic biceps don't let you throw lasers or become invincible when you backflip

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

In Training posted:

Mai doesn't seem to have any issues with it

I mean, was she ever top tier in KOF?

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

Constellation I posted:

thanks SJW's for the hot takes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dias posted:

I mean, was she ever top tier in KOF?

I don't know. I've probably spent 3 hours total lifetime playing KOF games and 90% of that is spamming psycho-powers with Athena

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

darealkooky posted:

and gigantic biceps don't let you throw lasers or become invincible when you backflip

Not with that attitude :colbert:

Look, I don't think there's anything inherently terrible about ridiculous cartoon boobs in fighting games. I just also don't expect people to not pass an immediate judgement about my character if I'm involved with them. Sometimes you main Karin, sometimes you main your girlfriend asking you if you have a pleated skirt fetish and then calling you a weeb.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

darealkooky posted:

Male characters are made dumb muscular to be cool male wish fulfilment. Girl characters are made sexy and scantily clad also for dudes to look at, not because (most) girls want to imagine their heroines looking like that. It's not really the same thing.

There's a difference between idealised body image

(yes i know nina's had/has costumes with much less clothes)

and blatant TnA

But any ways this is a dumb derail that happens once a month and has the same usual arguments rehashed, and Capcom isn't interested in talking about their gameplay issues let alone the nuances of gender politics that Japan's never really been into so it's pretty much a moot point.

CRISPYBABY fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Jun 28, 2016

croutonZA
Jan 5, 2011

darealkooky posted:

I'm sorry but Popeye had gigantic biceps and he was pretty much unstoppable as long as spinach was in his vicinity.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

attackmole posted:

Male characters are made dumb muscular to be cool male wish fulfilment. Girl characters are made sexy and scantily clad also for dudes to look at, not because (most) girls want to imagine their heroines looking like that. It's not really the same thing.

*sigh*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
That's also why I really like Juri's outfit, because it doesn't need a plunging neckline to fit her femme fatale personality.