Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ICR
Dec 31, 2008

What if the logo is the costume we are getting...

It all kinda makes sense now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
to be fair future fight and avengers alliance 2's are just concept art, not actual game models

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

To be fair, those companies can produce concept art in advance for marketing materials.

Also Gaz, Captain Animes plz

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68
Mr Gaz is the kid who always showed up to class without his homework, saying the dog ate it or something. He is also the kid that smelled like old milk and wore the same pair of stained grey sweatpants to school everyday, and he wouldn't wear underwear underneath so you could see his buttcrack if you sat behind him. Then one day, he got called up to the blackboard and his pants fell down and all the kids saw his disneydick. True story.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

What if the logo is the costume we are getting...

It all kinda makes sense now.

cant wait to play as a logo in marvel heroes 2075

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Ghostlight posted:

Also Gaz, Captain Animes plz

What the gently caress am I looking at here? His neck has a giant V, he has a pair of pants as an emblem, eyes are too round

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Gibbering Madness posted:

Mr Gaz is the kid who always showed up to class without his homework, saying the dog ate it or something. He is also the kid that smelled like old milk and wore the same pair of stained grey sweatpants to school everyday, and he wouldn't wear underwear underneath so you could see his buttcrack if you sat behind him. Then one day, he got called up to the blackboard and his pants fell down and all the kids saw his disneydick. True story.

This is pretty specific so I guess this is true

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Mr. 69 had a rough childhood

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Pfff, real Captain Animerica, please.

Kokoro Wish fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jun 28, 2016

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
So Sharon Rodgers for next year please gaz? also a comic and a movie. Mr Marvel/Disney.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Far right Mr Gaz. That's my humble request.

Captain America on the far right is a thing at the moment, I'm told.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
right of center cap looks like a power ranger

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers

Elfgames posted:

right of center cap looks like a power ranger

"STARS AND STRIPES RANGER!"
[Poses]

Okay, so one week left of this event. I've gotten the free hero, the stash, Iron Team-up, had the Cap TU from teamcapb, and two cakes. ~3200 cake slices in my inventory because they just sort of rain down on you.

Also, do I really want that 600 splinter stash? I've got most of the toons, but not all and 600 is a lot to someone who's probably gonna quit playing again for a while when this server-XP boost dries up.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
all of those designs are pretty bad except for peggy cap and the academy one that's literally just from the first movie

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Look, I like to Deus Vult as much as the next guy but knight america seems extremely wrong

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

its the new dark souls DLC

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
The more I look at steam/teslapunk cap, the more it upsets me.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I actually kind of like the electroshield thing on that one.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Blockhouse posted:

all of those designs are pretty bad except for peggy cap and the academy one that's literally just from the first movie

Also has been in the game since launch.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
How to celebrate 75 years:
Puzzle Quest: New Character
Avenger's Alliance: New Character
Avenger's Alliance 2: New Character
Future Fight: New Character
Contest of Champions: New Character
Avenger's Academy: New Outfit

Marvel Heroes: Hot dog eating contest [Cancelled as someone ate all the hotdogs already]

Marvel Comics: Cap is literally a nazi now

We're not last!

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
This one please mr gaz. Look at this chest BULGE

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

is he going to be floating pointy toe'd also?

Azai392
Jul 7, 2012

Toisu! Toisu! Toisu!
Hey all! Been lurking for a long while now and was wondering if someone could give me a invite to the sg. Name is tking392

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Help me, I want more cakes but I just keep buying puppies. I think I have a pet issue.

Mam if it's another "modern" cap suit it better be free or some poo poo because I have to zoom super close to tell the difference between my non default cap outfits. And even then I could not tell you what one I am wearing without looking at the suits name. gently caress even my iron man poo poo isn't this close.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

xyigx posted:

Help me, I want more cakes but I just keep buying puppies. I think I have a pet issue

There is no cap on pizzadogs

HoldMyOwn
Mar 9, 2016
I'm up to 5 dogs, I think that's enough to stop now.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Okay two questions

1) I restarted the game, made a new account and all. It seems I can try heroes till I am level 10 and I uncap one of them, is there a time limit to this and any recommended hero to start with?

2) Are they planning to add Quicksilver as an actual hero to play with?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Azran posted:

Okay two questions

1) I restarted the game, made a new account and all. It seems I can try heroes till I am level 10 and I uncap one of them, is there a time limit to this and any recommended hero to start with?

1) Whoever you think is the dopest

2) No way in hell

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Azran posted:

Okay two questions

No time limit, nah. Silver Surfer is always a good rec for new players. crazy mobile in a way that's pretty much unique in the arpg genre, little to no resource management, powerful at endgame.

If any of the 600 splinter heroes catch your eye (most heroes cost 400 eternity splinters to unlock, a handful cost 200 or 600), then it might be worthwhile to spend your free unlock on them, as there is no downside and you get some free value out of it. Dr Doom, Ghost Rider, Deadpool and Spider-Man are all great choices there. Deadpool has literally infinite "mana" and a teleport from level one. Doom also teleports and is the laziest summoner in the game, can also be built a few other ways.

I like Rogue as a 600 splinter quite a bit as well, but she is very complicated to play and level so unless you're feeling burned out on arpgs as a whole and really need something crazy and new, I'd recommend holding off on her until you get a really good sense of the base game.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Azran posted:

Okay two questions

There shouldn't be any time limit to choose the character you uncap. You'll also receive 400 eternity splinters as a login reward on day 2, which are a time-gated currency used to buy heroes in game (among other things). This is enough to buy one "normal" hero (400ES), two "cheap" heroes (200ES), or two random heroes with some splinters left over (175ES) in addition to your free starter. If you've got nobody else on your account it's probably smart to buy random heroes since there are only a handful of truly sub-par heroes and you've got very good odds of getting better value. In terms of a first character to unlock there's probably some advice a few pages back, but generally you'll want a recently updated hero that doesn't use spirit, and selecting a 600 ES hero (of which there are only a few) is a good choice to maximize value.

The two heroes who best fulfill these criteria are Deadpool and Dr. Doom, who are probably my top choices for a new player if you don't have a Marvel character you've got an affinity with. Both don't use spirit (Deadpool has no resources besides cooldowns, Doom has two resources but they regenerate quickly and are largely irrelevant to his best build), both can teleport for free from level 1, both are really fun to play, and both are strong and viable endgame choices. There are plenty of other good options though- you can't go wrong with Spider-Man for example, Ghost Rider is great, and Rogue is insanely strong and lets you build your own character! (Rogue is also by far the most complicated character in the game, and consequently not a great choice for a new player, but some people love to dive into the deep end right away.)

I don't know of any plans to add Quicksilver to the game as a playable character sadly.

e:f,b

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

just a note: I believe the 400 splinter login reward was bumped back to a week instead of day 2 when they redid the prologue or sometime around there! Still pretty quick, and you have 60 characters to play around on until then

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Yeah I noticed I hadn't received the reward on Day 2. Glad it's still coming down the road.

Having just started with Deadpool he is great if you love laziness. Four skills: Single target, aoe, teleport, hulk hand arrow. You can probably take more CDs to do more but :effort:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Quicksilver will never be added as playable because Marvel's requirements for his movement speed exceed the limits of the game engine which are already strained by some characters. Gaz can't meet the requirements so he would never be approved so they don't try

It sucks but at least he's a cool looking team up

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

Silver Surfer is basically Quicksilver plus laser hands. He'd just be... no laser-hands, go fast man.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Go-fast man who can't go fast, simply a man

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

So Taskmaster

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Kelp Plankton posted:

Quicksilver will never be added as playable because Marvel's requirements for his movement speed exceed the limits of the game engine which are already strained by some characters. Gaz can't meet the requirements so he would never be approved so they don't try

It sucks but at least he's a cool looking team up

Just make all his powers dash-teleports like Elektra or Kitty have, boom done you're welcome gaz.

EDIT: Also he can't walk, can only dash teleport.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Gilok posted:

Just make all his powers dash-teleports like Elektra or Kitty have, boom done you're welcome gaz.

EDIT: Also he can't walk, can only dash teleport.
getting shot to death as soon as you select him and then fade to black and have "Marvel Comics Universe Canon" display before you choose another hero

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The canon should probably appear first so you know what's shooting him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Since when is being dead a disqualification for inclusion in a Marvel game?

I think the characters who have been killed/removed from existence at least once are going to outnumber the ones who haven't

I mean Jean alone...

• Locked thread