Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The boots look pretty good, but I'm disappointed in that Musou attack. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Can Linkle while wearing the Peagus Shoes do this to the big bosses when she take away their meter?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRqwsotgR6s

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Yes, I recognise some of those moves from 8 Empires. They're in different places, but they are recognisable. It's not a complete rip, mind you. There's new moves.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Jun 23, 2016

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Can't wait to Rider Kick Ganondorf in the face.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I was kind of joking before but Linkle's boot moveset looks straight ripped from Naotora, which isn't all bad since she's the best character in SW4 but still.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sakurazuka posted:

I was kind of joking before but Linkle's boot moveset looks straight ripped from Naotora, which isn't all bad since she's the best character in SW4 but still.

It's not bad at all, because it owns and Naotora Ii owns and Linkle owns, so it all owns, but I'm going to play so much as Marin.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

The Windfish's Ballad breaks my heart every time :(

also the pegasus boots look really lame and not nearly zippy enough, 3/10

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Linkle's new Musou being "run at enemies really fast???" is janky as all hell and so bad that it wraps around to me liking them.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Just popping in real quick to say that B8 on the first Adventure Map is just as infuriatingly awful in the 3DS version as it was on the Wii-U version. :argh:

Also, looking forward to Marin next week. Link's Awakening is still one of my all-time favorite Zelda games. :buddy:

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

God, the nostalgia I got when the LA overworld theme started playing. My first Zelda game and it still get to me

EDIT: holy poo poo I just noticed the two Cuccos in the Pegasus Boots' Musou Attack :allears:

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
LA is deffo in the running for best Zelda game. And i thought this before finding out all the constraints it had to work with on a Gameboy, how it's a heavily-hacked engine from a different game, how good the music arrangement had to be to sound to good out of the insanely bad GB speakers etc.

I'm pumped to see Marin again for the first time in almost twenty years, even though she was a fairly two-note character in the game. That was the magic of Link's Awakening: It made you give a poo poo about all these bare-bones NPCs. I was sad to see the obnoxious ball-playing tutorial boys next to the library go when the game ended, and "4th-wall breaking tutorial tips" is about the most superficial characterisation i can think of.

HenryEx fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Jun 24, 2016

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

jivjov posted:

Yep. And they are.

Either redeem the code that came with Legends or wait a few months

I know they are coming, but when? Is it still just "Summer?"

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Do we know how many blocks it's going to be? I really need to upgrade my SD card...

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
You know what's funny? I bought this and Bravely Second at the same time two months ago and I didn't even touch Second until last week. Now the new DLC is coming and I guess I'll have to put it down again :sigh:.

Look Sharp!
Mar 24, 2013

HenryEx posted:

LA is deffo in the running for best Zelda game. And i thought this before finding out all the constraints it had to work with on a Gameboy, how it's a heavily-hacked engine from a different game, how good the music arrangement had to be to sound to good out of the insanely bad GB speakers etc.

LA is definitely my favorite Zelda game but I haven't heard about these before. I'd be interested in looking into it, if you remember where you heard it from.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

The Marin trailer got me super excited so I finally picked up Legends today.

Is there is any DLC for the game besides the 1.3.0 update? I checked the eShop any didn't see anything, but it doesn't hurt to double check.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Dexie posted:

The Marin trailer got me super excited so I finally picked up Legends today.

Is there is any DLC for the game besides the 1.3.0 update? I checked the eShop any didn't see anything, but it doesn't hurt to double check.

The first DLC pack came out a few weeks ago, it's the Master Quest Wind Waker adventure map

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Senerio posted:

The first map now has all the level 1 weapons, when you beat Ganon in that map, you unlock the Great Sea Map that has the level 2 weapons, and so on and so forth.

I've not played HW Wii since the months when it first came out, but has the balance been totally revamped since then or is it just for the 3DS version?

I definitely remember hitting brick walls really early on into adventure mode, but I'm about a quarter of the way through the great sea map and it's just felt like a natural progression for the most part. In fact I've not had to do any kind of level grinding at all yet and my link has already reached level 99.

It does feel a little easier, especially on the maps where you can bring in extra characters. I always wondered in the original if the ai partners were level locked to the stage or if they used your level for them.

I take it I'm still just on the easy maps though and the master quest/termina maps are still brutally tough?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Kin posted:

I've not played HW Wii since the months when it first came out, but has the balance been totally revamped since then or is it just for the 3DS version?

I definitely remember hitting brick walls really early on into adventure mode, but I'm about a quarter of the way through the great sea map and it's just felt like a natural progression for the most part. In fact I've not had to do any kind of level grinding at all yet and my link has already reached level 99.

It does feel a little easier, especially on the maps where you can bring in extra characters. I always wondered in the original if the ai partners were level locked to the stage or if they used your level for them.

I take it I'm still just on the easy maps though and the master quest/termina maps are still brutally tough?

Just for the 3DS version.

Master Quest is alright when you start on it, though the game starts taking off the kid gloves around it's latter missions. From there on, you get the Twilight and Termina Maps, both being the lategame maps on the 3DS version, though it's recommended that you start on the Twilight Map because it's missions are generally easier than the Termina Map missions this time around, and it still nets you double materials for your trouble (so it'll be extremely easy to fill out the badges for all the old Wii U characters).

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

What are the best maps to get materials for the Wind Waker characters?

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

mabels big day posted:

What are the best maps to get materials for the Wind Waker characters?

Great Sea or Master Wind Waker Maps because they're the only maps who do have them as opponents.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Folt The Bolt posted:

Great Sea or Master Wind Waker Maps because they're the only maps who do have them as opponents.

i guess i meant which specific squares on those maps were best.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

mabels big day posted:

I don't remember actually. I do remember using a square where you pick between the various WW characters (and Linkle) then fight the rest (with Helmaroc King showing up if Tetra was one of the opponents), but there might be a square in Master Wind Waker which is even better for WW character materials though. I did use that square a lot to get Stone Blin materials though, while using Scattered Seeds to farm Big Blin and Phantom Ganon materials.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

mabels big day posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/HyruleWarriors/comments/4levhj/one_stop_shop_for_grinding_spots_now_for_both/

Hopefully the upcoming maps will do the double drops thing that Twilight Princess does, so that the new characters can get some of that action. Also so that it's less of a pain in the rear end to get Phantom Ganon and Helmaroc King drops.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Alacron posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/HyruleWarriors/comments/4levhj/one_stop_shop_for_grinding_spots_now_for_both/

Hopefully the upcoming maps will do the double drops thing that Twilight Princess does, so that the new characters can get some of that action. Also so that it's less of a pain in the rear end to get Phantom Ganon and Helmaroc King drops.

Thanks!

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam
I'm still on the OG adventure map in Legends. On a "all attacks are devastating" tile I managed to get hit twice while letting loose the final arrow. I ended up with a Victory screen over my corpse, followed by the game crashing the entire 3DS upon loading the victory cinematic.

Oops.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Oyster posted:

I'm still on the OG adventure map in Legends. On a "all attacks are devastating" tile I managed to get hit twice while letting loose the final arrow. I ended up with a Victory screen over my corpse, followed by the game crashing the entire 3DS upon loading the victory cinematic.

Oops.

That's gotta be some frame perfect bullshit.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So i'm kinda hosed when i start Adventure mode in Legends on an old 3DS?

Well at least i have the download code to play with the characters on Wii-U :sigh:

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
you're kinda hosed to play the game at all on an old 3ds

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
The game is New 3DS Only except they forgot the sticker on the box because it will technically boot up on an o3DS. Do not buy it if you don't have a New 3DS.

Lemon-Lime posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVRC6RrwFQE

Adventure mode kill count targets are not changed in any way to account for this, incidentally.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Vince MechMahon posted:

I know they are coming, but when? Is it still just "Summer?"

This week! €11.99 / £10.79 in Europe, so probably around $12 in America.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Edit: Nvm, I'm blind.

Vandar fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Jun 28, 2016

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Folt The Bolt posted:

Been working on a tier list with like-minded people on this game. At present, there's currently one weapon that's shaking up the entire list right now, not least because it appears it's true potential has been slept on.

What ever happened to this? It seems like a super interesting endeavor especially coming from you.

I won't have much use for it really I guess but I'm having fun playing pretty much everyone though I'll admit Ganondorf in any form, Volga, Linkle, and Y. Link are the ones I enjoy the most (Trident and Y. Link win out for sheer nostalgia really). I'm not very far along, Link's my highest level at 53 and I'm just plugging away at it, I really need to try his myriad of weapons. Can't wait for Link's Awakening to drop though. Loved that game.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

What ever happened to this? It seems like a super interesting endeavor especially coming from you.

I won't have much use for it really I guess but I'm having fun playing pretty much everyone though I'll admit Ganondorf in any form, Volga, Linkle, and Y. Link are the ones I enjoy the most (Trident and Y. Link win out for sheer nostalgia really). I'm not very far along, Link's my highest level at 53 and I'm just plugging away at it, I really need to try his myriad of weapons. Can't wait for Link's Awakening to drop though. Loved that game.

We're still working on it. We're currently up to finishing the Rapier for Zelda (looks to be mid tier, after initially placing it at low-mid) and start on her Baton moveset. There's also been a couple changes like Cia being booted from very high to top of high and Great Fairy moved from Bottom to Low-Mid.

Also, as a consequence of Legends getting out around the point where I first started doing it, we got some decent information on the Legends characters/weapons + Medli so we have an idea where most of them will go on the finished tier list.

In general, it'll be interesting to see where Marin and Linkle's Boots weapon will end up eventually. I do have some predictions for where they'll end up, but since both of them are mostly unknowns and the little footage they have are basically to hype them up, I can't say I'm confident in my claims.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

By the way, Lana's Summoning Gate doesn't actually show the bosses right? They're just orbs in Legends?

I figure that's just a limitation thing huh?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I figure that's just a limitation thing huh?

It is, yeah.

It's a pretty great port, all things considered.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Oh don't get me wrong it's fantastic and definitely one of my favorite games at the moment hitting every itch possible, but I was confused when I read about the weapon and none of that stuff was happening. I thought I was doing something wrong for ages.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
It's okay, because they kept the thing that truly mattered about that weapon: Lana dancing and singing the Zelda theme to herself. :kimchi:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

DLC's out in Japan

here's an extended trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nO_LqrwtTmg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
I'm seeing Xu Chu, but also bits of the Nine Rings Blade in Marin. Interesting.

• Locked thread