Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

What's the dub like in Zero Time Dilemma

It's fine. Animations are atrocious though.

For whatever reason, downloading the game straight to my vita would have taken ages, but downloading and transferring it to the via via my PS3 was way faster (both using same wifi).

:shrug:

edit: scratch that, I go to copy the file over and it copies about 20% then slows the gently caress down to a crawl, whether i download or transfer. I have about 2gb free, what gives?

edit2: changed my dns on my ddwrt router to google dns instead of at the device level, that seemed to kick it into gear

GreenBuckanneer fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jun 28, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Thanks for the feedback on Puyo Tetris (and region issues in general) a few pages back. Just got PPT as my sole physical Vita game :cheers:

How is J-Stars Victory Vs.? Wondering if it makes more sense to get it on PS3 for local multiplayer potential. Although I notice the camera is behind the player in videos - so is it more like that Pokemon fighting game where each player actually needs their own screen?

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.
ztd doesn't work w/ vita tv guys

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Megalixir posted:

ztd doesn't work w/ vita tv guys

Aksys knows, and they're working to fix it.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
its ZTD day and guess what, like only 1 gamestop in minneapolis has vita titles still lmao

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
also it's in St. Paul not minneapolis

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm shocked that the extremely niche video game on the already niche console doesn't have a physical surplus.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I'm gonna buy ZTD

NOT

hahaha

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Only places that sell the physical version are about 1/2-3 hour drives away. granted, i live in timbucktwo but

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

In Training posted:

I'm shocked that the extremely niche video game on the already niche console doesn't have a physical surplus.

oh no im not surprised about that, i was more just loling that only one place has vita games

well okay i guess i am surprised i was able to get it physical at all

Forest Thief Pud
Dec 26, 2011
How well does the Vita version of Grand Kingdom run, out of curiosity?

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.

Forest Thief Pud posted:

How well does the Vita version of Grand Kingdom run, out of curiosity?

Pretty well! There's a demo up on the store if you wanna try.

The load times seem a liiiittle long, but I havent tried the PS4 to compare. Lots of online stuff going on in the background I imagine.

ArmadilloConspiracy
Jan 15, 2010

mandatory lesbian posted:

also it's in St. Paul not minneapolis

Which one? I kind of want the physical version, and have given up my soul to Gamestop's stupid rewards program.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
Does the whitelist hack still work on PSTV software version 3.60?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/06/28/adventures-of-mana-is-out-today-on-ps-vita/

Adventures of Mana is out now on PSN for NA. Happy 25th Mana series :toot:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Oh man I really want to try this but I'm on hotel wifi right now :( but i go home tomorrow :)

Also, anyone going to bother with God Eater Resurrection with God Eater 2 coming out soon ish?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Just started Zero Time Dilemma. I guessed a coin flip correctly and won the whole game.

10/10 would play again

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Slur posted:

Does the whitelist hack still work on PSTV software version 3.60?
it was patched out the next patch after whatever it was back then and they might have even taken the email app out too

also many of the not-whitelisted games make calls to hardware that doesn't exist on the PSTV and instantly crash

plus you had to reapply it every single time you transferred a game with CMA so that gets old real fast

I guess a simple "hell no" would have been sufficient

Suicide Pacmen
Mar 26, 2002

Rabbit season!
God eater question: is there any way to switch up the shooting controlls to make the free-aim work like a normal shooter (firing from the right trigger)? I saw a lot of control options in the menu but nothing stuck out. Fun game so far tho!

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Playing Adventures of Mana and I like how faithful it is to the feel of the original game, rather than trying to remake the game with different mechanics. I am glad we have the Vita version. I tried to use the touch controls just out of curiosity and after about five seconds I went back to buttons and felt quite glad that I can finally play this on not a phone.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

phi still looks great for her age

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/playasia/status/747991173059358720

Unlikely it will amount to anything but hey, it doesn't hurt to try :shrug:

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Eric is a total fuckboi and won't stop yelling at a small child.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

https://twitter.com/playasia/status/747991173059358720

Unlikely it will amount to anything but hey, it doesn't hurt to try :shrug:

As long as they don't get exclusive distribution, I'm good with it. I would prefer they never get money.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Punchline (ps4/vita)
iDOLM@STER Platinum Stars (ps4)
My Teen Romantic Comedy SNAFU 1/2 (vita)

arigato

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Do the Caves of Evil in Muramasa offer anything really good, or can I just ignore these lovely things until I have a good enough weapon to burn them all down easily?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Justin_Brett posted:

Do the Caves of Evil in Muramasa offer anything really good, or can I just ignore these lovely things until I have a good enough weapon to burn them all down easily?

You can get nice accessories.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ArmadilloConspiracy posted:

Which one? I kind of want the physical version, and have given up my soul to Gamestop's stupid rewards program.

i got the last, well only, copy

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Captain McStabbin posted:

Eric is a total fuckboi and won't stop yelling at a small child.

he really wants to bone mira and the kids cock-blocking him just by existing

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Alder posted:

You can get nice accessories.

I know, I'm asking if any are game changers worth putting up with them? They're really not fun.

Well I got the Seven Samurai one, the reward for that seems really good. Guess I'll come back to the Tengus later.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Jun 29, 2016

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Does the Vita without Memory Card hold any account information? My broken one (rip) I might be able to format, but due to the broken screen it might be a problem (I can see some glimpses, but barely), and it's unusable anyway. I might turn it into to the electronics recycling, but I'd rather avoid any unnecessary risk.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
It has your account on it, yes. You can deactivate it via Sony's website or on the phone though.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
Bah, the website says I have to deactivate the system from the system and the link to support is dead. Oh well, at least I'm pointed in the right direction, thanks!

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

Szurumbur posted:

Bah, the website says I have to deactivate the system from the system and the link to support is dead. Oh well, at least I'm pointed in the right direction, thanks!

I think you have an option to disable all system from your account. afaik you can only do this once in 6 months. I'd say do that and just add your account back to the rest of the systems you own.

Edit:Just checked it. its still available.
go here
https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/liquid/login.action
navigate to Account on the left bar click media and devices. You will see an option to disable all systems.

Sefal fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Jun 29, 2016

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
ZTD is the first time I've turned my Vita on in like a year and I wonder if the battery got hosed in that time or something, it went from a full charge to apparently 50% in like an hour of gameplay. I've replaced plenty of DS batteries in my time but is there any sort of way to do that with a Vita?

Tamba
Apr 5, 2010

It's not as simple as an NDS (or the PSP), but it's possible:

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/PlayStation+Vita+Battery+Replacement/7990

Tamba fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jun 29, 2016

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm reading now that apparently it's a software bug, that the system itself is just not calibrated or something to properly read the charge. The two solutions I've seen so far are either: a). play until the system actually turns itself off and then re-charge it fully and b). completely remove the battery, wait 30 seconds, and then hook it back up.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jun 29, 2016

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Sefal posted:

I think you have an option to disable all system from your account. afaik you can only do this once in 6 months. I'd say do that and just add your account back to the rest of the systems you own.

Edit:Just checked it. its still available.
go here
https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/liquid/login.action
navigate to Account on the left bar click media and devices. You will see an option to disable all systems.

I remembered something like that being possible, but I lent my PS3 and it would be a pain to have to activate it again. I suppose if there'll be no other recourse I'll use the nuclear option, but I'll try to bumble my way around the dark Vita screen - I somehow managed to sync Trophies, maybe I'll manage deactivation, too.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Nate RFB posted:

I'm reading now that apparently it's a software bug, that the system itself is just not calibrated or something to properly read the charge. The two solutions I've seen so far are either: a). play until the battery is dead dead and then re-charge it and b). completely remove the battery, wait 30 seconds, and then hook it back up.

Wow really? I've been having this problem for months and just thought my battery was borked. I'll have to try this, thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

In Training posted:

Wow really? I've been having this problem for months and just thought my battery was borked. I'll have to try this, thank you
Well I haven't tried either so if it doesn't work, well, I guess we're just back to square one. Not like battery replacements are that expensive ($20).

As side note since you quoted before my edit it's probably a bad idea to actually completely kill the battery, instead what I meant was playing until the system actually decides 'gently caress it I'm out' and shuts itself off.