Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

Split the difference, use urk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
Let's just make everyone happy and refer to them exclusively as ORRUK IRONJAWZ.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that
Anyone have any tips for Uruks? You start in the middle of Mordor and I'm never sure if I should focus on Gorgoroth or rush Nurn for the ports. Is it worth it to siege down Minas Ithil in the early game? I keep getting hit by rangers whenever I try

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Kaza42 posted:

Anyone have any tips for Uruks? You start in the middle of Mordor and I'm never sure if I should focus on Gorgoroth or rush Nurn for the ports. Is it worth it to siege down Minas Ithil in the early game? I keep getting hit by rangers whenever I try

Have you tried teching to Uruk-hai at Isengard before expanding?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Kaza42 posted:

Try and make an alliance with Saruman, sack, then raze Rohan before Gondor confederates.

Or wait for the patch because Riders and Hobbits are seriously OP right now. Nazgul are kinda disappointing, their damage resistance isn't high enough.

I got pretty close to winning once though. Gondor was down to one army in raiding stance outside Mordor. Then my game crashed. ):

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

Nah the tech you need as Uruks is "Lords of the Lash", which gives you a huge boost to unit leadership. It doesn't seem like much, but where there's a whip there's a way.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
Even with the better trait triggers mod I just got Harsh on my general that's second only to Grimgor :(

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
Game is way too easy. Recruit Frodo and Sam> 18 giant Eagles>fly over mordor> drop ring> long campaign victory. Mordor doesn't have enough nazgul to stop you.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Triskelli posted:

Nah the tech you need as Uruks is "Lords of the Lash", which gives you a huge boost to unit leadership. It doesn't seem like much, but where there's a whip there's a way.

:golfclap:

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

40k sucks but Ork is a better name than Orc.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

unwantedplatypus posted:

Game is way too easy. Recruit Frodo and Sam> 18 giant Eagles>fly over mordor> drop ring> long campaign victory. Mordor doesn't have enough nazgul to stop you.

Not everyone is into powergamy bullshit. Lemme guess, you make 20 Legolas armies in multiplayer also.

Triskelli
Sep 27, 2011

I AM A SKELETON
WITH VERY HIGH
STANDARDS

unwantedplatypus posted:

How did you manage to confederate with the Eagles Eyrie? In my Fellowship campaigns I can't even get them to take a Trade Agreement.

Maybe my game is bugged, I always see uruks making a beeline for the Shire whenever Isengard gets razed. Weirdest loving thing.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous

Triskelli posted:

Maybe my game is bugged, I always see uruks making a beeline for the Shire whenever Isengard gets razed. Weirdest loving thing.

On the bright side, they never raze it since ends up being their only settlement. Just give it a couple of turns for the public order to drop and the rebel stack will finish them off on its own. Send an agent or two to speed it along if you're in a hurry.

my dad fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Jun 28, 2016

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

There better be an actual Middle Earf map you shits.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

Arglebargle III posted:

There better be an actual Middle Earf map you shits.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/third-age-total-war

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Triskelli posted:

How did you manage to confederate with the Eagles Eyrie? In my Fellowship campaigns I can't even get them to take a Trade Agreement.

They get real weird when you have the ring.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012

xthetenth posted:

They get real weird when you have the ring.

There's a goatse joke here somewhere, but for the life of me I can't find it

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ilustforponydeath posted:

They could just... add them for free? I mean we have already given them our money.

:downs:

Purge the Heretic!

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
guys the LotR jokes are actually really good, realtalk

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

It's pretty impressive that this game is still on the first page of Steams 'Top Seller' list, especially considering it's the only game on there with no discount.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

I can't confederate Kislev. I'm going to have to invade the whole country to get Talabheim back aren't I?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

The Lone Badger posted:

I can't confederate Kislev. I'm going to have to invade the whole country to get Talabheim back aren't I?

Kislev is not an empire faction and thus cannot confederate. Same thing with Estalia, Talia, and the Border Princes.

Olive Branch
May 26, 2010

There is no wealth like knowledge, no poverty like ignorance.

Triskelli posted:

Anyone else having trouble getting the quest chain for the Ring to trigger as Sauron? Every few turns, the game warns me it's being used, but, and this is the weird part, when I deploy my Nazguls in the quest region, the target has apparently moved and it tells me it's elsewhere, usually closer to my homelands.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Blacktoll posted:

I really hope they do the subtle crossover from 40k into this. A powerful, rare chaos artifact.

A chainsword.

They had a 40k crossover in the Dark Shadows campaign on the tabletop. The winners of the campaign got three magical items that just so happened to match the descriptions of a powerfist, flamer, auspex scanner etc that they were free to use in any battle from then on.

They're all listed here. See if you can guess which is what!

Washin Tong
Feb 16, 2011

Korgan posted:

They had a 40k crossover in the Dark Shadows campaign on the tabletop. The winners of the campaign got three magical items that just so happened to match the descriptions of a powerfist, flamer, auspex scanner etc that they were free to use in any battle from then on.

They're all listed here. See if you can guess which is what!

Yeah they're all from 40k.

The shield pendant is a Rosarius.
The claw is a lightning claw.
The staff could be a force staff.
The gauntlet is a power fist.
The Divine Eye is an auspex or multi-scanner.
The Armor of the Gods is power armor.
The Fusil is just a flamer.
The sword is a power ...sword.

Personally, I'd love a heavy bolter in this game just for shits and giggles so you can mow down everyone like the gatling guns in FotS. It doesn't actually have to be obtainable in a normal game if you care about balance, just make it a cheat code like the machine gun car in AoE2 or something.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I found it far better to subjugate those guys, one minor city is such a small thing to give away in exchange for a trading partner that gives you tribute per turn and 1-2 upkeep free standing armies to deal with any nearby threats.

Plus you still technically own the full province if they are your vassal and what else do you really need that minor city for?

Wait, you do? :stare:

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

GreyjoyBastard posted:

Wait, you do? :stare:

If the other settlement in a province is owned by your Vassal you can still issue a Commandment.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Games > Total War: Warhammer - Come Argue About the Correct Spelling of Orc With Us

Seriously, I thought I was a pedantic spelling nazi and even I don't give a gently caress

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I prefer to call them Orukz.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I just default to orks anyways.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Vargs posted:

40k sucks but Ork is a better name than Orc.

Orc sounds Tolkien, Ork is unmistakably GW green hooligans. They should have just called them Orks all round, there's one piece of that AoS-inducing copyright paranoia solved.

Report: VC on VH are slow to expand but loving own. 4 units Crypt Horrors led by my Varghulf as "Fluffy and the Bone Boys" supported by a line of Grave Guard and one of each hero, haven't yet met a Chaos or Varg stack I can't smash. I've grabbed north of me from ruins left by Chaos, so I'm 'shouldering' part of the Chaos advance, and everyone loves me for it. For now... :twisted:

e:
Fluffy and his crew

rockopete fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Jun 29, 2016

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Steamhead Duradins.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

rockopete posted:

Orc sounds Tolkien, Ork is unmistakably GW green hooligans. They should have just called them Orks all round, there's one piece of that AoS-inducing copyright paranoia solved.

Report: VC on VH are slow to expand but loving own. 4 units Crypt Horrors led by my Varghulf as "Fluffy and the Bone Boys" supported by a line of Grave Guard and one of each hero, haven't yet met a Chaos or Varg stack I can't smash. I've grabbed north of me from ruins left by Chaos, so I'm 'shouldering' part of the Chaos advance, and everyone loves me for it. For now... :twisted:

e:
Fluffy and his crew

I've always wanted to be mega-bros with the vampires as Empire but they're way too arrogant to let it happen. One time I managed to be friends with them but everyone else hated me and some declared war. After a single particularly egregious loss, the vampires backstabbed me because my power ranking dropped low and their opportunistic thing triggered a desire to attack some two-bit town near Averland. After stomping the poo poo out of the vampires, everyone loved me again and I just don't think you're supposed to be friends with the Vampires.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Total War: Warhammer - Irks: Orcs vs. Orks.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Plus your campaign goal requires you to exterminate them.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Can anyone explain to me how I unlocked the Grafs of the Empire achievement (win a land battle with 3 or more lords or heroes in your army) with only one lord in my sole army?

stopgap1
Jul 27, 2013

Deified Data posted:

Can anyone explain to me how I unlocked the Grafs of the Empire achievement (win a land battle with 3 or more lords or heroes in your army) with only one lord in my sole army?

you are magik.

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

Kaza42 posted:

The answer depends on who you're starting with. Witch-King is easy(Between the man himself, his starting Nazgul and his SPECIAL UNIQUE Lore of Ice IN Addition to Lore of Melkor on a unit who is a combat machine already and can even better), you've got more than enough power), Mouth of Sauron is hard because Lore of Melkor lacks the damage you need(Orc troops are immune to most of Lore of Melkor's morale screwing-it's lore appropriate but also frustrating). Gothmog 2's OK thanks to his buffs to Orcs and upkeep in general.(Yes, they call him that in the files. Makes you wonder.)

Mouth wants Gorgoroth first for the power-up to Lore of Melkor, WK and Goth tends to go for Nurn first for the cash.

Remember that Dol Guldur's in your hands-sometimes those extra troops are enough to swing it. You can get it back later. Alternatively you can pull a 'migration' and burn the forest down, then get stuck in with Rohan.

If you're playing 'normally' it will make things so much easier if you keep giving Saruman some money so he can actually DO stuff.

Fangz posted:

Not everyone is into powergamy bullshit. Lemme guess, you make 20 Legolas armies in multiplayer also.

I don't know why they keep doing this when Thranduil's straight-up a better unit. All the power of Legolas plus unit buffing via Silvan Lore.

Bloodly fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Jun 29, 2016

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

Bloodly posted:

The answer depends on who you're starting with. Witch-King is easy(Between the man himself, his starting Nazgul and his SPECIAL UNIQUE Lore of Ice, you've got more than enough power), Mouth of Sauron is hard because Lore of Melkor lacks the damage you need(Orc troops are immune to most of Lore of Melkor's morale screwing-it's lore appropriate but also frustrating). Gothmog 2's OK.(Yes, they call him that in the files. Makes you wonder.)

I'm playing Gothmog actually, and I think I have a graphical bug or something. Sometimes he renders as an Uruk, sometimes a troll, and this one time he looked like a Nazgul. No idea what he's supposed to be. It's almost as bad as how Legolas's hair never renders for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Playing as Mordor, I've had a Ranger assassinate at least eight of my captains so far. Thing is I'm certain I've killed him at least twice - the second time I checked the name and it was definitely him. But now he's running around again and just destroyed the new Statue I built. Bug?

• Locked thread