Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How will you be voting in the UKEU Referendum?
This poll is closed.
Remain - Keep Britane Strong! 328 15.40%
Leave - Take Are Sovreignity Back! 115 5.40%
Remain - But only because Brexit are crazy 506 23.76%
Leave - But only because the EU is terrible 157 7.37%
Spoiled Ballot - This whole thing is an awful idea 61 2.86%
I'm not going to vote 19 0.89%
I'm not allowed to vote 411 19.30%
Pissflaps 533 25.02%
Total: 2130 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

XMNN posted:

do the plp have a candidate yet

you'd have thought on friday morning the lesson about not rushing headlong into really stupid gambits with no strategy would have been fresh in their minds

They've got poo poo all. And all the rumours couldn't beat Corbyn.

It's like the wrestling when a promoter is promising a big return and then it turns out to be someone who's only been gone for two weeks and you didn't even like them when they were here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

thespaceinvader posted:

They are giving him a day to 'consider his position' in the hope that he will quietly resign. The loving morons. In the meantime one of their leading presumptive nominees Angela Eagle has been sent a letter from her CLP in no uncertain terms saying that they're super pissed with her for her actions, so I'm hoping she will pull her neck in for fear of deselection. Not that that will work :unsmigghh:

In the unlikely event that she stands and wins, is there any precedent for deselecting a current party leader?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Antares posted:

would anyone like to run for leader of the labour party? asking for a friend

Bring it.

I'll run on a platform of Corbyn being too right wing and promising to kick Boris Johnston right in the loving jaw.

Verizian
Dec 18, 2004
The spiky one.
They also talked about Tom Watson but as he's still in the shadow cabinet I presume he's smart enough to know the rebels have hosed themselves even if Corbyn goes next month after roasting Blair.

What happens if they push for a Labour Lord as leader? I don't think deselection would work in that case would it? Not that any of the membership would vote for them.

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

Chair In A Basket posted:

Can someone count up how many times "Corbyn" has been typed in the past 24 hours of this thread, versus how many times "Cameron is a stupid dumb fucker" has been typed out. I am sure the results will shock and surprise you.

Cameron is a stupid dumb fucker

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
Peter mandelson will rule like the prince of darkness

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/bbcnewsnight/status/747915840033427456

Look at Le Pen's poo poo eating grin when she says "Britain got the first shot in".

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Lol have a look this poo poo

https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/747910696910917633

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

NRVNQSR posted:

In the unlikely event that she stands and wins, is there any precedent for deselecting a current party leader?

Not that I know of, but in theory it would work just the same way as for anyone else - the members of the Constituency party would vote them out, and they would no longer be the candidate at the next election, so unless they stumped up the cash themselves and ran as an independent, they'd be out of a job, and either way they would not be a Labour candidate.

Verizian posted:

They also talked about Tom Watson but as he's still in the shadow cabinet I presume he's smart enough to know the rebels have hosed themselves even if Corbyn goes next month after roasting Blair.

What happens if they push for a Labour Lord as leader? I don't think deselection would work in that case would it? Not that any of the membership would vote for them.
gently caress knows. THis would be an interesting thing to find out about though. My basic understanding is that they would be able to serve essentially indefinitely until they resigned or faced a leadership challenge, but I have the feeling the party leader has to be a sitting MP.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
lol just seen Cameron demanding an end to freedom of movement like he is in any sort of bargaining position

the one good thing that might result from this is a realisation that we are in fact a second rate northern european economy and not a world straddling empire and we can stop spending £350 million a week on trident and aircraft carriers with no planes and spend it on Wales Cornwall and the nhs

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

XMNN posted:

lol just seen Cameron demanding an end to freedom of movement like he is in any sort of bargaining position

the one good thing that might result from this is a realisation that we are in fact a second rate northern european economy and not a world straddling empire and we can stop spending £350 million a week on trident and aircraft carriers with no planes and spend it on Wales Cornwall and the nhs

I was going to say they can gently caress off wanting money after last week, but actually, all regions should have their EU funding matched, directly correlated to their Remain vote percentage.

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Gonzo McFee posted:

Jesus Pissflaps is gone for six hours and still derailing threads.

I just realised something about this post...

Gonzo McFee posted:

Jesus Pissflaps

Gonzo McFee posted:

Jess Phillips

Woah

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Ask me about holding 4gate!

XMNN posted:

that sounds suspiciously like hope mate

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

cargohills posted:

I just realised something about this post...

Woah

lmao I also noticed that but was mid-poo poo-posting elsewhere

loving uncanny innit

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

XMNN posted:

He can demand whatever he wants but nobody will be even listening if he doesn't execute article 50 order 66.

Joda
Apr 24, 2010

When I'm off, I just like to really let go and have fun, y'know?

Fun Shoe

XMNN posted:

RE: Empire, it's fairly comical that the baby boomers who voted leave to bring back the glory of the British empire, inadvertently caused what remains of it to most likely break away from England. In the end you'll be left with Wales.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

LordVorbis posted:

David Cameron hosed a dead pig.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

Antares posted:

would anyone like to run for leader of the labour party? asking for a friend
I'll have a go. I run to the left of Corbyn but I've got more crossover appeal because I lived in the north west for a bit and sometimes listen to grime.

My policy is to remove the whip from every Labour MP and let Dennis Skinner vote 209 times on their behalf.

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

TACD posted:

David Cameron hosed a dead pig.

I completely forgot about that.

Turns out destroying not one but two unions is what made me forget about it.

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

I'm sorry, did I break all your shit? I didn't know it was yours

If people are going to post "wow look at THIS guys..!" links to Twitter or Facebook or w/e can they either quote it or screenshot it cos I've lost track of the number of hot takes that lead to "this page no longer exists" or whatever.

Given how much flux things are in I'm expecting links to the BBC news homepage to redirect to a huge gif of Dimbleby holding up his hands in a "hosed if I know" kind of way.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Extreme0 posted:

I completely forgot about that.

Turns out destroying not one but two unions is what made me forget about it.

the only union he preserved was between himself and a dead pig's mouth

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/harrynwilson/status/747750265709858817

(Her actual name is Miriam Gonzalez Durantez. Something about wanting to have a career that wasn't necessarily chained to her husbands, all the way back when they married)

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:

https://www.facebook.com/Classic-pizza-Washington-1433272610238053/reviews/

Well, drat. I mean it's better than going round and smashing their faces in, but still.

Xmas Pterodactyl
Oct 22, 2007
To be fair, the British state doesnt have any trade negotiators because that was completely delegated to the EU. To negotiate all the promised trade deals we'll need like 700 or so, according to one estimate I heard.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

Xmas Pterodactyl posted:

To be fair, the British state doesnt have any trade negotiators because that was completely delegated to the EU. To negotiate all the promised trade deals we'll need like 700 or so, according to one estimate I heard.

If only there was an institution somewhere with approximately 700 members specially trained in European law.

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

Xmas Pterodactyl posted:

We really should have saved up our diplo power before leaving the HRE with a misclick.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/dril/status/747887870254383104

Extreme0
Feb 28, 2013

I dance to the sweet tune of your failure so I'm never gonna stop fucking with you.

Continue to get confused and frustrated with me as I dance to your anger.

As I expect nothing more from ya you stupid runt!

Found the perfect labour leader.

Seaside Loafer
Feb 7, 2012

Waiting for a train, I needed a shit. You won't bee-lieve what happened next

Istanbul Ataturk airport attack: At least 32 dead and dozens injured

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-36658187

Just randomly up while trying to get to sleep ... giving up on planet, is that kickstarter mars thing still going? Might just slit wrists insyead

The DPRK
Nov 18, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Phew, finally caught up with the last post.

How the gently caress do you lot stay up to date with this thread?

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
:justpost:

No but seriously, you post something, look for where you're quoted and read pissflaps posts.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

The DPRK posted:

Phew, finally caught up with the last post.

How the gently caress do you lot stay up to date with this thread?

Normally it doesn't move this fast.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I'm a Brexitsexual. I gently caress markets.

The DPRK
Nov 18, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Sion posted:

:justpost:

No but seriously, you post something, look for where you're quoted and read pissflaps posts.

God. I honestly skip them.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Tesseraction posted:

the only union he preserved was between himself and a dead pig's mouth
He probably pulled out of that too early too.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Chair In A Basket posted:

Can someone count up how many times "Corbyn" has been typed in the past 24 hours of this thread, versus how many times "Cameron is a stupid dumb fucker" has been typed out. I am sure the results will shock and surprise you.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
people poo

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

gently caress

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Corbyn people just poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

thespaceinvader posted:

Because the EU needs to make an example of the UK or Spain will follow suit, or so I'm told, not to mention that the EEA means Schengen and Schengen would never be accepted by the hardcore Leavers. I'm very doubtful that we end up in Schengen, so we can't end up in the EEA.

A Norway type deal with the UK, or any other deal that involves free movement or their parliament having to aprove anything is pure madness. In 5 years they'll be dragging their feet over approving a growing pile of EU legislation and in 10 years they'll be having another referendum and Europe will have another economic crisis. Give them nothing that involves free movement of people, which means no access to the common market.

• Locked thread