Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

Back Hack posted:

Simply Modular Housing

This mod is either going to end in obscurity or be the foundation for all future settlement mods. Probably the former but you never know.

This mod looks neat, but I can't imagine myself ever actually using it. It looks way too generic and 'boxy', which is I guess a weird complaint since house parts snap to a box grid. I just prefer the Mad Max-style cobbled together sheet metal and wood huts the game defaults to you building, since they have a lot more character to them, and mostly I only use Snap 'n Build for things like greenhouses and my "private residence".

It would be neat if the insulation allowed you to be in an outdoor cell during radstorms and not take radiation damage, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SergZpartan
Jun 20, 2008

Thanks for pointing this one out, its alot of fun and its pointed out several vertibird crash sites I never knew about (theres several crashed in lakes/underwater evidently).

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Syndlig posted:

This mod looks neat, but I can't imagine myself ever actually using it. It looks way too generic and 'boxy', which is I guess a weird complaint since house parts snap to a box grid. I just prefer the Mad Max-style cobbled together sheet metal and wood huts the game defaults to you building, since they have a lot more character to them, and mostly I only use Snap 'n Build for things like greenhouses and my "private residence".

this is how I feel too. Everything in that mod just looks too clean and perfectly made. I know there's something to be said about civilization being around to the point where you shouldn't have to live in garbage but if everything's going to look like garbage with or without my input I'd at least like everything to be consistant

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
The first person that implements the building system from The Sims into FO4, I will be so happy.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013
Here's another neat mod for builders. It has shelves with snap points and then pre-made clutter arrangement "containers" that you can stick on to them.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sintax posted:

It's a cool mod, but your game is gonna be rendering all those studs and bits of insulation behind the walls.

The comments on the video itself talk about people's games stuttering when near the buildings.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!
Despite the new building mod seeming more complex than vanilla building pieces I think something like that is probably ends up being less of a hassle because the sizes and snap points are more standardized so you don't end up spending hours rebuilding your settlement every time you discover a new piece can't snap exactly the right way because of a decision you unknowingly made days prior. It basically let's you think about your building like a building and not an extremely long trial and error puzzle.

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Seashell Salesman posted:

Despite the new building mod seeming more complex than vanilla building pieces I think something like that is probably ends up being less of a hassle because the sizes and snap points are more standardized so you don't end up spending hours rebuilding your settlement every time you discover a new piece can't snap exactly the right way because of a decision you unknowingly made days prior. It basically let's you think about your building like a building and not an extremely long trial and error puzzle.

It's still ten billion unnecessary pieces, because what's inside of the wall doesn't matter.

You could get basically the effect by having corner beams and then a set of vertical wall segments that snap in sequence like, as already mentioned, how walls in The Sims work.

Edit:

Another nice mod that moves the spawn points for a bunch of settlement attacks outside of those settlements. Less raiders appearing out of nowhere inside the walls.

Roadie fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Jun 28, 2016

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Holy wow! That "Literally A Person" sure is a cool and good poster. He's smart and witty and he smells like a pure mountain stream. I posted in his thread and I got a FANCY NEW AVATAR!!!!

Roadie posted:

It's still ten billion unnecessary pieces, because what's inside of the wall doesn't matter.

You could get basically the effect by having corner beams and then a set of vertical wall segments that snap in sequence like, as already mentioned, how walls in The Sims work.

Edit:

Another nice mod that moves the spawn points for a bunch of settlement attacks outside of those settlements. Less raiders appearing out of nowhere inside the walls.

What's inside the walls could matter if you could plumb wires and pipes through there, maybe even sensors and vents and stuff.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Inzombiac posted:

I use Snap quite a lot and have no issues with even complex structures. However, why bother with the insulation and proper framing if:

1) Structures can't be destroyed so it doesn't matter
2) You could just give blank tiles to snap into the most basic frames that would then define the area.

No need for framing or molding or any of that crap that will just take up resources.

Snap makes it very easy to make interior rooms even when your floors and ceilings are built. This mod is a neat idea but doesn't solve any building issues, that I can see.

It's a mod that solves a problem most people never had, namely "oh no my shacks aren't in compliance with building codes!"

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

What's inside the walls could matter if you could plumb wires and pipes through there, maybe even sensors and vents and stuff.

Literally Building A House Simulator 2016

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I won't be satisfied until I can paint my walls and watch them dry in real time.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Roadie posted:

Here's another neat mod for builders. It has shelves with snap points and then pre-made clutter arrangement "containers" that you can stick on to them.

:getin:

Need this

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Next I expect to see a mod full of Ikea furniture, where instead of a single bed or shelf that you can place, each piece of furniture comes as two dozen tiles that snap together which you have to assemble yourself.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

Roadie posted:

Literally Building A House Simulator 2016

I would love to play that game. Already watching the video I was getting pissed off there wasn't any framing for the roof or ceiling and he didn't put up any plywood on the exterior wall framing and there was no floor on top of the foundation, he just laid flooring straight down, etc.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

I would love to play that game. Already watching the video I was getting pissed off there wasn't any framing for the roof or ceiling and he didn't put up any plywood on the exterior wall framing and there was no floor on top of the foundation, he just laid flooring straight down, etc.

And where's the goddamn house wrapping

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

I just cringe thinking about what a performance hit all those individual pieces would cause. My bigass over-built factory already drops my framerate a decent amount, I can't imagine how bad it would be if every wall had insulation, individually placed frames, etc.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Is there a mod that has a pump action/lever action shotgun that does not also add a bunch of other weird bullshit?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
Lever-action shotgun, right here: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13860/ Only thing is that it's outdated because the author moved on to GUNSMITH EXTENDED, a mod that is a bunch of stupid poo poo bundled together. So just get this one gun-adding mod and be okay with it. Or merge your leveled lists manually.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Roadie posted:

Aww gently caress yeah.

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Any weapon compilation mods out yet? I know nexusers frown on "STEALING CONTENT" like that, but it'd be so convenient if anyone had taken all those individual weapon mods and stuck them in a one-click install archive

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Krowley posted:

Any weapon compilation mods out yet? I know nexusers frown on "STEALING CONTENT" like that, but it'd be so convenient if anyone had taken all those individual weapon mods and stuck them in a one-click install archive

Weaponsmith extended has a bunch of them in a big compilation (with permission) but I don't know how frequently it is updated with new rollup mods

Krowley
Feb 15, 2008

Azhais posted:

Weaponsmith extended has a bunch of them in a big compilation (with permission) but I don't know how frequently it is updated with new rollup mods

Yeah, that's kinda what I was looking for

Though looking over that list of 30-something additional mods it requires, I think I'll wait for a Lite version or something

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Krowley posted:

Yeah, that's kinda what I was looking for

Though looking over that list of 30-something additional mods it requires, I think I'll wait for a Lite version or something

That isn't going to happen. The mods it requires are all the weapons it adds. By making an ESP where you have to get all the original mods just to use it, they skirt around the "STEALING MY MODS" thing.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Midnight Voyager posted:

That isn't going to happen. The mods it requires are all the weapons it adds. By making an ESP where you have to get all the original mods just to use it, they skirt around the "STEALING MY MODS" thing.

The mods it requires are the configuration steps for a subset of the mods it includes. He at least claims he has permission for the rollup

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
So the Raiders and supermutants redux mods are currently hidden on Nexus because "afraid someone will steal my mod." Does anyone know of a way to get them?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
What retardation. I'd provide my copy of both, but they're 300 megs each.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

jadebullet posted:

So the Raiders and supermutants redux mods are currently hidden on Nexus because "afraid someone will steal my mod." Does anyone know of a way to get them?

wait a few days until they put it back up, which they probably will

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
Modders afraid of their mod being stolen, so they remove it from the nexus, forcing it to be hosted somewhere else.

Dunno if dropbox will support files this big but here is the mutant one and ill add the other in a lil bit
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2qsfrx4mieblesq/Super%20Mutant%20Redux%20v1.0.7z?dl=0

Raider overhual (500+mb)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1epwzj7qzvahqqd/Raider%20Overhaul%209_3.7z?dl=0

Pontificating Ass fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Jun 29, 2016

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Thanks guys. I understand the whole being "afraid that someone is trying to steal my mod" thing, but taking it down is pretty dumb.

Edit: Mutants are downloaded. Thanks.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

There is no excuse for that attitude. They created a derivative work that's explicitly licensed as property of Bethesda. If they don't like that then they can't mod Bethesda games legally.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Apoplexy posted:

Lever-action shotgun, right here: http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/13860/ Only thing is that it's outdated because the author moved on to GUNSMITH EXTENDED, a mod that is a bunch of stupid poo poo bundled together. So just get this one gun-adding mod and be okay with it. Or merge your leveled lists manually.

Ya I saw that one and was a bit leery of it because of his other mod.

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

'Cause I live and breathe this Fillydelphia freedom
Is it normal for settlers to wander off everywhere instead of staying in their town?

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

mpyro posted:

Is it normal for settlers to wander off everywhere instead of staying in their town?

Are you sure they're leaving? Sometimes the boundaries of the settlement is farther than you think.

mpyro
Feb 9, 2003

'Cause I live and breathe this Fillydelphia freedom

Solid Poopsnake posted:

Are you sure they're leaving? Sometimes the boundaries of the settlement is farther than you think.

Yes they are wandering all around the map. Jun Long was near Fenway. I think it might be a mod.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.
Oh boy! a Railroad faction overhaul mod I'll ju-

*Modder simply gives everyone advanced Enclave themed power armor and gattling lasers*

Oh. Nope.

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

mpyro posted:

Yes they are wandering all around the map. Jun Long was near Fenway. I think it might be a mod.

I noticed this once a few weeks ago, was cruising around Finch Farm and most of my Starlight Drive-In dudes were walking down a road, similar to a caravan but without the brahmin. After significant amounts of WTF, I fast traveled back to Starlight, and it was a ghost town. Slept for 8 hours, woke up, everyone was back again. Hasn't happened since!

If you manage to track down which mod it was, please let me know.

Seashell Salesman
Aug 4, 2005

SeanBeansShako posted:

Oh boy! a Railroad faction overhaul mod I'll ju-

*Modder simply gives everyone advanced Enclave themed power armor and gattling lasers*

Oh. Nope.

Did they also "fix" all of the characters faces by making them look completely different for no reason at all?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Did they also "fix" all of the characters faces by making them look completely different for no reason at all?

Maybe? my eyes glazed over and filtered out the rest of the page before I killed the tab.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Like many other Fallout players, I have always found both the Minutemen and Railroad Factions in Fallout 4 to seem far too small and have too little resources to take on factions like The Institute or The Brotherhood of Steel. The Enclave Reborn Mod, which can be found here (http://www.moddb.com/mods/enclave-reborn-minman-total-overhaul/downloads) solved the Minutemen issue for me marvelously. I got tired of waiting for someone else to create a faction overhaul mod for The Railroad, so I made one myself! This is my first mod ever, but it is tested and working. This mod makes Desdomona, Glory, and some of the Railroad agents in the game spawn in full suits of X-01 Power Armor. As well as making Desdomona and Glory spawn with Gatling Lasers, and all X-01 Armored Railroad agents now spawn with Plasma weapons.

Doesn't look like it.