Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
I was about to fight the final boss of chapter 2 when Tiki texted me that some perfoma can only be found in Illusory 106 or Daitama. I went back to both places, ran through the entirety of both dungeons fighting every enemy encounter and didn't get any new performa. The indestructible walls were still indestructible. Mirage NPCs still didn't give me side missions. Why did Tiki trick me?

Also, I'm still missing a part for Tsubasa's second Radiant unity, the one betwen Feel My Voice and Traport. I have enticing jealousy and heartthrob Mote. It's second on the list so I'm assuming I should I have it already, but I still don't have the first perfoma in the combo. Should I be worried?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Mid boss or whatever of the 3rd Dungeon kicked my rear end. Thank god for the attract spray. Really good for grinding if you want to avoid loading between areas all the time.

Gah I don't know what I typed that first time around.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Centzon Totochtin posted:

I was about to fight the final boss of chapter 2 when Tiki texted me that some perfoma can only be found in Illusory 106 or Daitama. I went back to both places, ran through the entirety of both dungeons fighting every enemy encounter and didn't get any new performa. The indestructible walls were still indestructible. Mirage NPCs still didn't give me side missions. Why did Tiki trick me?

Also, I'm still missing a part for Tsubasa's second Radiant unity, the one betwen Feel My Voice and Traport. I have enticing jealousy and heartthrob Mote. It's second on the list so I'm assuming I should I have it already, but I still don't have the first perfoma in the combo. Should I be worried?

It's perfoma the enemies drop. It's just her letting you know that you have to return to previous stages to get performa sometimes.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The first Performa in the combo for Radiant Skills is always the one you get from increasing your Stage Rank.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

It's perfoma the enemies drop. It's just her letting you know that you have to return to previous stages to get performa sometimes.

But they didn't drop any new perfoma, even with multi-session finishes! gently caress YOU TIKI

MrAristocrates posted:

The first Performa in the combo for Radiant Skills is always the one you get from increasing your Stage Rank.

So is the position of the Radiant Unity on the listen just weird or what? She's already Stage rank 6 so it seems weird that the second one of the list still isn't available.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

I think that message is just poorly timed and worded to simply remind you that certain drops just come from certain mobs. I don't think it's meant to be a hint that you're supposed to immediately go back and scour those places. I am curious about those unbreakable walls too though. I've just finished Barry/Mamori's dungeon and am wondering when the hell I can start breaking these things.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

SylvainMustach posted:

Mid boss or whatever of the 3rd Dungeon kicked my rear end. Thank god for the attract spray. Really good for grinding if you want to avoid loading between areas all the time.

Gah I don't know what I typed that first time around.

Yeah that fight was pretty tough, they killed me once before I came up with a plan

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

In the next chapter a Radiant Skill appears for Itsuki that gets rid of those walls, but I don't have the Performa yet and I've almost finished that chapter so I don't know what the deal is.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
http://www.gamespot.com/articles/tokyo-mirage-sessions-fe-team-talks-atlus-localiza/1100-6441341/

Small interview with the developers, my suspicion was correct that adding voice acting would've delayed the game to the point of knocking on the NX's launch.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MrAristocrates posted:

In the next chapter a Radiant Skill appears for Itsuki that gets rid of those walls, but I don't have the Performa yet and I've almost finished that chapter so I don't know what the deal is.

It's plot locked.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Gamespot posted:

A portion of the Western audience that appreciates Japanese games become very upset when any content in a game is altered during the localization process, regardless of how big or small the detail may be. When adapting a game for Western markets, does that affect how you go about designing some elements? Or do you ever feel like you have to strip away things that are central to the game's identity or purpose, just to make it a viable product outside of Japan?

Hitoshi Yamagami [Nintendo]: Each country has its unique culture and taste. There are times when common sense in one country can be thoughtlessness in another. However, if we create a game with only that common sense that causes no problems in any of the countries, it can be a very boring game. From among the various complex tastes of people worldwide, the developer selects settings and characters that appeal to as many people as possible. That being said, it is true that as we build up the settings and characters, we are sometimes obliged to change something in part of the game. This optimization does not destroy the identity of what we as developers want to convey. Developers would not accept such drastic changes. The changes made during localization are optimizations intended to bring to as many customers as possible the things that we want to convey. No major changes are made that would change what we want to convey.

Nintendo tends to be very hands-on with the projects they help out with, but what drove the decision for Atlus to handle the localization and not Treehouse?

Yamagami: The games that Atlus translates bring out the atmosphere of Atlus very well. The games that Nintendo translates bring out the atmosphere of Nintendo. With the text of this title, we wanted to bring out the atmosphere of the games that Atlus creates, as much as possible. That is why we asked Atlus to do the work of translating the text. The Development Team is convinced that fans in the English-speaking world will find the game full of expressions typical of Atlus games.

Interesting.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

ImpAtom posted:

It's plot locked.

Yeah that's what I assumed

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Is the costume shop something I'll discover as the game goes on? I'm only about to do the second real dungeon, wanted to make sure I wasn't missing it somewhere in shibuya.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

LibbyM posted:

Is the costume shop something I'll discover as the game goes on? I'm only about to do the second real dungeon, wanted to make sure I wasn't missing it somewhere in shibuya.

Yes, you'll be told about it in the next intermission IIRC.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

LibbyM posted:

Yeah, it's in Harajuku

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

majormonotone posted:

Yeah that fight was pretty tough, they killed me once before I came up with a plan

They killed me three times before I got my plan to work. I need to level more. I've never died so much in an RPG on normal before. Kinda digging the challenge though. Even some of the normal groups in the 3rd chapter are kind of a bitch.

e: Also the mid-boss in chapters 2 and 3 both seemed harder than the actual boss of the chapters. I died on both the mid-bosses, but not the chapter bosses.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Okay, so... two things it would have been nice for the Arena guy to mention before letting me participate for the first time:

1) You can't swap party members around.
2) You can't use items.

Knowing the second would have probably led to me making sure Itsuki was healed up before he got sessioned to death by back to back lance strikes. x_x

Thankfully, it was the fifth round and Ellie and Tsubasa were able to pull out a win, but it's still annoying that the game makes a point of saying, "Oh, hey, you get 5 fights in a row and if you lose, it's a game over, just like normal battles," but neglects to mention you can't use items or swap your party members.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

W.T. Fits posted:

Okay, so... two things it would have been nice for the Arena guy to mention before letting me participate for the first time:

1) You can't swap party members around.
2) You can't use items.

Knowing the second would have probably led to me making sure Itsuki was healed up before he got sessioned to death by back to back lance strikes. x_x

Thankfully, it was the fifth round and Ellie and Tsubasa were able to pull out a win, but it's still annoying that the game makes a point of saying, "Oh, hey, you get 5 fights in a row and if you lose, it's a game over, just like normal battles," but neglects to mention you can't use items or swap your party members.

For some reason the arena guy only tells you the actual rules if you talk to him from behind. Not sure what the deal is there.

Also the Chapter 3 boss keeps kicking my teeth in. I kept skipping enemies in the last section of the dungeon because of the timed mission and also because the dungeon music sucks and I wanted to finish it ASAP (like in every dungeon, seriously what the hell) so I might be underleveled. Guess I'll try getting everyone up to 35 or so

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Barry was tough.
But I'm also bad at these games. I enjoy them. A lot, but it could just be me being awful.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Draug was a pretty bad roadblock for me too, but I think I was still over 5 levels under him. I wouldn't really bother grinding too much, but max out your SP before going in. I had Tsubasa and Touma with me. Touma's Turbo Special should take out the Cleric, and Itsuki should be able to wipe out one of the Mages with a session. Then, you kinda have to roll the dice. Draug can one shot Tsubasa and even Itsuki with a skill, but Touma should be sturdy enough to survive as long as Draug can't go into a session. Tsubasa's Hit Debut skill is a godsend and drastically improves survivability. If you take the risk, you can lay into the Peg Knight and make use of the healing. Fangbreaker on Itsuki also helps with survivability. Use the remaining SP as needed. I think its better off spent on wiping out the reinforcements but you may want to save it for the buffs if the fight drags on.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

A Sinister Rap
Oct 19, 2012
Draug is kind of the reason why I'm bummed that Mirages are just from Shadow Dragon and Awakening (Virion and Navarre don't help much either). I do get that they probably wanted to keep it simple for the first installment, but it's doesn't help that those two games aren't really my favorite FEs. If a sequel does happen, I do hope they try to get a decent spread of characters.

Though I should probably be hoping that a sequel happens in the first place.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Seems like a miracle we got it at all, hoping for a sequel already is bound to be a letdown

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

At least there still Persona 5

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
I think every boss I won against I got a lucky ad-lib performance that stuns/charms all the grunts giving me a lot of room to stack buffs and debuffs before going to town. I even manage to get a confused enemy to kill itself and waste a magic barrier on Draug.

But I also walk into every boss fight with no SP for some dumb reason.

A sequel would pretty much be all Awakening and Fates characters. I'm 100% sure one of the mirages will be Severa or ODIN DARK.

Lord Ephraim fucked around with this message at 11:51 on Jun 29, 2016

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Sakurazuka posted:

At least there still Persona 5
I can't wait for the Purse Owner vs Performa wars

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
There is that singing competition arranged by avex where you have to sing songs from #FE, I remember the final was in July? The winner(s) would participate in an upcoming undisclosed new JRPG. That generated a lot of speculation, including a sequel for #FE.

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!
I'm OK with a sequel with Fates characters as long as there's a royal family dance battle

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

Lord Ephraim posted:

I think every boss I won against I got a lucky ad-lib performance that stuns/charms all the grunts giving me a lot of room to stack buffs and debuffs before going to town. I even manage to get a confused enemy to kill itself and waste a magic barrier on Draug.

But I also walk into every boss fight with no SP for some dumb reason.

A sequel would pretty much be all Awakening and Fates characters. I'm 100% sure one of the mirages will be Severa or ODIN DARK.

Please let it be Odin. :pray:

He'd be the new magic-user mirage, and that would own!

I'm also kind of hoping for a Robin Mirage: His class would be Tactician (sword skills, thunder and buff spells), and he could promote into Grandmaster (more all-around stats and + more session skills, better thunder spells/skills, and better support spells) or Dread Fighter (more offensively oriented + axe skills, dark spells, and debuff spells).

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
I heard that you can get a costume for Tiki at the Anzu lottery - does it only unlock after a certain point in the story or something? So far it seems like only posters are available at the lottery and I got all 16 of them so far.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

Dunban posted:

I heard that you can get a costume for Tiki at the Anzu lottery - does it only unlock after a certain point in the story or something? So far it seems like only posters are available at the lottery and I got all 16 of them so far.

I did it during the intermission after Chapter 3 and got a cat costume for Tiki. I don't think I have quite all the posters yet.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Dunban posted:

They're unlisted. And super rare.

Good luck.

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Where's the costume that removes Tiki's model from the game or only mutes her?

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
How dare you, Tiki is precious

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Played an hour. Got saved by a girl that was Miku in terms of visuals and introduced to a girl that is Miku in terms of narrative. Wonderful. 5/5

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Oh my god Yashiro's first sidequest if you give them the more dramatic answers is amazing. Amazing! I thought this dude was going to be just a boring edgelord but I'm starting to like him now.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!

Where's the costume that removes Tiki's model from the game or only mutes her?

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

How dare you, Tiki is precious

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oniichan

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom