Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

spud posted:

I googled this and it takes me to some kickstarter for a card game...is that it?

the links are dead and lowtax cant be bothered to update them on this SA classic. really a shame, we a losing our heritage. i have a copy, here you go:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/v3sat70cp41r542/awfulfantasy.smc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
There was a really funny youtube series where a russian guy reviews pirated soviet mario games which was really funny, I'll try to dig it up.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Jeff Sichoe posted:

Unreal Tournament is a gently caress game for gently caress boyz

:hellyeah:

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Castlevania 2: Simon's quest was a huge WTF of a game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4we8iFk-fY

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rutibex posted:

the links are dead and lowtax cant be bothered to update them on this SA classic. really a shame, we a losing our heritage. i have a copy, here you go:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/v3sat70cp41r542/awfulfantasy.smc

Thanks but I got it from here http://www.somethingawful.com/comedy-goldmine/awful-fantasy-an/

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

The game that taught me to always check reviews.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Fojar38 posted:

lol you saw this fuckin game and though "this is a game i will spend money on"

na found the image elsewhere. i just thought the subject matter of the game was funny

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Hrist posted:

This game is bullshit. I got it instead of Super Metroid for my birthday one year, and I never got over it.

rented this after enjoying wario land for gameboy. What a let down, gently caress all puzzle games

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Nonsense posted:

What a let down, gently caress all puzzle games
Talos Principle

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

How did you do that? both of those links are broken

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Nonsense posted:

rented this after enjoying wario land for gameboy. What a let down, gently caress all puzzle games

That's how they got me too. :saddowns:

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Johnny Aztec posted:

How did you do that? both of those links are broken

Haha! Good point, I was downloading a lot of other stuff for work and only just checked out the size of the download now....2.1kb.....oops!

Thanks Rutibex, got it now.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

spud posted:

Haha! Good point, I was downloading a lot of other stuff for work and only just checked out the size of the download now....2.1kb.....oops!

Thanks Rutibex, got it now.

lol

just remember, dont try to defeat Fragmaster he is unbeatable

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

E Equals MC Hammer posted:

YOU SHUT THE gently caress UP, SHOW RESPECT FOR DA MAYOR OF EARF

JakeP posted:

and it did. If we want the bad version its right here:

Basically Final FIght was a super popular SNES game, so they went and made an NES version for poors who didnt have a SNES yet

Ok seriously, Final Fight 2 sucked. The first game is one of the greatest beat-em-ups of all time, but FF2 was painfully slow as gently caress and it's like they didn't even bother giving the distinct enemies their own AI patterns. it is seriously so slow and boring, go back and play it and you'll see. seriously

edit: mighty final fight is better because at least it spawned druggy final fight

Junk fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jun 29, 2016

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

mighty final fight kicked rear end. it wasnt even a port, it was its own separate game

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Anything from MDickie

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
2/3rds of the N64 library, everything on CDI, everything on Sega CD, Atari Jaguar, and 99% of games released on Mac. Also 50-60% of the 8 bit era everyone views with nostalgia glasses were utterly broken and frustrating pieces of poo poo. Super Nintendo had some stinkers but the quality ratio there was way higher than anything before it and most things after it.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
star citizen

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
The Zelda CDI game is amazing and beloved by all

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

natetimm posted:

2/3rds of the N64 library

Yes. gently caress the N64, even the good games for it were bad.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Junk posted:

The controllers were like some sort of often-broken Sisyphean hell. That little goddamn joystick in the middle is probably top 5 on my most hated video game peripherals.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

natetimm posted:

The controllers were like some sort of often-broken Sisyphean hell. That little goddamn joystick in the middle is probably top 5 on my most hated video game peripherals.

also C-up C-down C-left and C-right is a stupid concept for button names

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

natetimm posted:

The Gamecube joysticks were the most uncomfortable joysticks I've ever used, hory poo poo.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

The Zelda CDI game is amazing and beloved by all

yes

Hrist
Feb 21, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Haier posted:

The Gamecube joysticks were the most uncomfortable joysticks I've ever used, hory poo poo.

The B button is the worst thing. To this day I cannot feel any response of if I'm actually pressing it or not. I hate that thing.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

Junk posted:

I feel like they were the best games at the time. Combined with 4 player local multiplayer, there was a poo poo heap of fun to be had.

I liked the controller, too, but the D-Pad pretty much had no reason to exist except for some of those weird goldeneye control schemes.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Haier posted:

someone shoudl say thsi at a Melee tourney

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
Gamecube controllers were especially nightmarish if you didn't own one and would try to play a game on a friend's console. Unless you were really familiar with it you couldn't find buttons for poo poo.

Still kinda blows my mind how big the original Xbox controllers were.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

CubanMissile posted:

HUEG? LIKE...TEH XBAX?!?!?!?!

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
You ok man?

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

CubanMissile posted:

Gamecube controllers were especially nightmarish if you didn't own one and would try to play a game on a friend's console. Unless you were really familiar with it you couldn't find buttons for poo poo.

The original big controllers were the best part. One of the best controllers for my big man hands.

But everyone has little babby hands, and the dinky newer models became the standard. I want my huge controller back.

Haier
Aug 10, 2007

by Lowtax

Putty posted:

someone shoudl say thsi at a Melee tourney

If you don't faint from the smell upon entering the room, sure.

Macrowave Oven
Nov 20, 2008

Guitar, bass, drums, keyboards, clavinet, piano, keytar, lap steel guitar, slide bass guitar, mandolin, violin, and FRESH POTS.
The Ship.

Macrowave Oven
Nov 20, 2008

Guitar, bass, drums, keyboards, clavinet, piano, keytar, lap steel guitar, slide bass guitar, mandolin, violin, and FRESH POTS.
It was bad.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Yeah gently caress The Ship, how far up their own rear end they were that they thought their dinky HL1 mod was worth paying for... looks like it wasnt!!

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Has anyoen said Starcraft 2 yet?

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Junk posted:

Has anyoen said Starcraft 2 yet?

Yep. So was Gone Home. Thought it would be longer and more things happened, but it's total blue balls.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I remember as a kid desperately trying to make my Friday the 13th purchase worthwhile, but I never could figure out what the hell to do in it. I guess now it's considered somewhat innovative but gently caress that game.

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Cyanide's Blood Bowl releases. I paid for that drat game twice, and from what i hear there are even more full retail versions out and they still havent finished implementing all the rules beacuse it's not a priority... BUT SOMEHOW realtime mode IS a priority? gently caress that poo poo, just play fumbbl.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Dropsy

• Locked thread