Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
you're playing the game right, regrettable

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Regrettable posted:

I played a game with goons a couple of days ago where I fat-fingered switching weapons and threw a grenade while we were trying to do a stealth heist and couldn't restart. It was only my 4th heist and I had just unlocked grenades and didn't know how they worked. :kiddo:

There's a reason most of us bind grenades to 5

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

I run an AHK script that throws a grenade every minute.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
good thing the shuriken exists so you can actually hit 3 during stealth without instantly loving everything

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

good thing the shuriken exists so you can actually hit 3 during stealth without instantly loving everything

A shameful heister.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I'm fond of the javelin as a comedy stealth-throwable.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Regrettable posted:

I had just unlocked grenades and didn't know how they worked. :kiddo:
Did something similar while (re-)learning the controls this week. Those 4 hostages never saw it coming.

Well, yeah okay, they probably did.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Zaphod42 posted:

There's a reason most of us bind grenades to 5

I bind them to Q like almost every other shooter out there. I'm not sure why you'd even need to use the number keys at all.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
i bound my shoot button to k and jump to ô and never looked back

closeted republican
Sep 9, 2005
I love camping out in the hotel room that has the hatch in Hotline Miami Day 1 with a sniper rifle (usually the Thanatos) and blowing away everyone at my leisure when the rest of the team is rotting away in the basement. It's like target practice, but with flying helmets added. :clint:

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Same but with Pocorose and as far away from the action as possible.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I unlocked a bunch of mods last night thanks to the Gage Courrier thing. Now my Krinkov has 75 bullets in the mag and has no original parts. :iia:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I dove into the Long Guide and found some interesting things.

Marksman aced makes you less accurate

quote:

Single-shot mode when ADS: *0.8 accuracy addend bonus. This skill makes you less accurate. E.g. your weapon has 80 accuracy without skills and 100 accuracy with skills. Your skill bonus of 20 becomes 20*0.8=16. The final accuracy is 96. This accuracy is then affected by stance multipliers as usual.

Kickstarter basic actually overrides Hardware Expert ace

quote:

30% autorestart chance. Overrides Hardware Expert aced (which is optional! You can get maxed drills without getting Hardware Expert aced).

Saw Massacre ace allows your saws to penetrate anything, but your range remains 1m. It sounds like it might be possible to wallbang with the saw?

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

My buddy that I have been playing this with says he wants to learn how to do the Shadaow Raid heist because it can payout so much. Is there somewhere you guys would recommend to read up on it? The two of us have been speed running Aftershock on Overkill in ~14 minutes to grind cash and he thinks that doing Shadow Raid can net us more money/minute.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dr Cheeto posted:

I dove into the Long Guide and found some interesting things.

Marksman aced makes you less accurate

Is this current to the latest patch? One of the notes for it was along the lines of fixing skills that lowered your stats instead of raising them.

Bort Bortles posted:

My buddy that I have been playing this with says he wants to learn how to do the Shadaow Raid heist because it can payout so much. Is there somewhere you guys would recommend to read up on it? The two of us have been speed running Aftershock on Overkill in ~14 minutes to grind cash and he thinks that doing Shadow Raid can net us more money/minute.

Farming Shadow Raid seems like it would be boring as hell but here's my usual strategy if I run it solo (it's equally applicable to groups though):

-Buy thermite paste and the barge zip-line loot drop off point. Use the sewers to get around.
-Clear all the guards in the office/locker/whatever rooms in the warehouse (the multi-floor area near the security room). I believe there's exactly 4 guards patrolling that area so that will eat your pagers but the way the level is set up that is the only area where guards can really block you in.
-After taking out the guards, empty that area out first. It should be clear of loot by the time the backup helicopter (potentially) arrives, and if they do show up they stick to the upper floor and roof which you should no longer need to visit.
-You've probably found 2 keycards by this point so take the vault. If not, civilians carry them (I think it's the one in orange coveralls). After that, clear the warehouse of loot then the outside. You can honestly skip outside unless you're going for 100% - most of the loot is in the warehouse.

Alternate strategy if you have 4 people:
-Everyone brings ECMs and you rush it. 8 upgraded ECMs will give you plenty of time to clear the place out.

The Cheshire Cat fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Jun 28, 2016

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Is this current to the latest patch? One of the notes for it was along the lines of fixing skills that lowered your stats instead of raising them.

The last time the long guide was updated was on the 23rd, just after the latest patch. It's probably still accurate.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJ6YGzv6bTQ

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
So, spoilertown speculation ahoy- we may be getting classic style Bulldozers as a new enemy special unit. One of the devs showed off a fishbowl effect they were working on for a helmet for a new trailer.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
The Classic Bulldozer came back from space. As he returned, he had a vision - America set ablaze by crime. And do you know what he saw there? Fury. A great and terrible fury of heisters running around alive. Now -- you're going to feel the scorching heat of his hatred for all clowns!

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Jun 28, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I almost hate to admit it (because I'm not sure it would be fun to fight against), but there's a chance you're on to something here. The Raid devs got flamethrower special enemies working. I'm holding out hope that they decided to implement my Demo Unit idea.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum
I'd say combine extra armor parts with the bomb vest cop from Hotline Miami and give him two weak points to go with the raw power of a dozer with a flamethrower. Like a propane canister on his back that you can unarmor and then shoot to cause a RPG level explosion that damages criminals and cops alike. But I don't know if they can pull that off.

Achievement Unlocked: I'm Coming Home. Use explosive damage to send the Classic Bulldozer back to Space.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Jun 28, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

The big problem with Flamedozer is that it just accentuates the range problem Dozers already have. He'd be even easier to handle than Skulldozers.

I'd have there be two models-one with an RPG, one with the minigun, spawning in pairs. Overdozers. :getin:

I've got most of the planned changes set for Biker day 1 Death Vox, now. Biker 2 will need some time- I want to preserve the speed of that day, which is hard to make fun with a difficulty increase.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jun 28, 2016

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

A non-stunnable Bulldozer who runs and uses a Steakout with HE rounds. When a player is hit by HE rounds they have a 60% reduction in movement speed and take 30% extra damage from other police officers. Much like player used HE rounds, the ones used by this Bulldozer have no damage falloff and can hit at all ranges.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

The big problem with Flamedozer is that it just accentuates the range problem Dozers already have. He'd be even easier to handle than Skulldozers.

I'd have there be two models-one with an RPG, one with the minigun, spawning in pairs. Overdozers. :getin:

I've got most of the planned changes set for Biker day 1 Death Vox, now. Biker 2 will need some time- I want to preserve the speed of that day, which is hard to make fun with a difficulty increase.

To me the change in model also implies that they're changing some of his other characteristics - and the big thing that separates PD1 dozers from PD2 dozers is

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms
Have the dozer drop in my vaulting while doing parallel bar gymnastics or something.

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

My gut is saying 'Bulldozer Captain'.

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
New dozer is going to be wearing so much armour that he his going to have to ride a golf cart. "GOLF CART! Go for the TIRES" screams Wolf.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Hey so I put Pocohud's folder in my mods folder, launched Payday2, and do not see it in my options => mods with goonmod, but if I check if all of my mods are up to date Pocohud shows up there. Did I somehow screw up putting the folder in the mods folder or does it not have any options to modify like goonmod does?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

oohhboy posted:

New dozer is going to be wearing so much armour that he his going to have to ride a golf cart. "GOLF CART! Go for the TIRES" screams Wolf.

It's just going to be a giant naked man. I'm calling it now.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

Bort Bortles posted:

Hey so I put Pocohud's folder in my mods folder, launched Payday2, and do not see it in my options => mods with goonmod, but if I check if all of my mods are up to date Pocohud shows up there. Did I somehow screw up putting the folder in the mods folder or does it not have any options to modify like goonmod does?

Pocohud has its own ingame overlay. Hit backspace.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Tempest_56 posted:

My gut is saying 'Bulldozer Captain'.

Captain Summers.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

David D. Davidson posted:

It's just going to be a giant naked man. I'm calling it now.

literally the Atlas fight from Bioshock 1

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Delacroix posted:

Pocohud has its own ingame overlay. Hit backspace.
Ahh, thank you. I forget the kind gentlegoon (WASD | Achievement somethingorother was his steam name) who linked me to the download last night, but after he as the host desynced like crazy (the third guy in it with us and I were on the same plane of existence, but not WASD) during a heist I felt the need to install it immediately despite the hour and the beer, and I was worried I did it wrong.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Jun 29, 2016

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

Bort Bortles posted:

Ahh, thank you. I forget the kind gentlegoon (WASD | Achievement somethingorother was his steam name) who linked me to the download last night, but after he as the host desynced like crazy (the third guy in it with us and I were on the same plane of existence, but not WASD) during a heist I felt the need to install it immediately despite the hour and the beer, and I was worried I did it wrong.

Hi that was me :tipshat:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

Hi that was me :tipshat:
Thanks bruh :glomp:

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Trials of the Blood Dragon makes me want to see some harder tracks for going loud in Payday...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOV9QnGGYMg

Stuff like this, and donacdum makes me really want to kill cops.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Talkc posted:

Trials of the Blood Dragon makes me want to see some harder tracks for going loud in Payday...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOV9QnGGYMg

Stuff like this, and donacdum makes me really want to kill cops.

Doesn't Trials of the Blood Dragon kinda suck though? Or was that because of the awful E3 showing.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***

widespread posted:

Doesn't Trials of the Blood Dragon kinda suck though? Or was that because of the awful E3 showing.

It wasnt great. Soundtrack is great though. it had a good sense of style ( so did the previous trials ) but it lacks an editor, adds really lovely side scrolling, and is way lacking in content.

But it and the Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon soundtracks by Power Glove are great, and sound to me like someone mixed com truise and simon viklund together.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Talkc posted:

It wasnt great. Soundtrack is great though. it had a good sense of style ( so did the previous trials ) but it lacks an editor, adds really lovely side scrolling, and is way lacking in content.

But it and the Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon soundtracks by Power Glove are great, and sound to me like someone mixed com truise and simon viklund together.

it also has an entire chapter that is literally hotline miami 2, it even has its own ripoff of roller mobster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

"Gage Coins- a massive fix to the terrible drop system. Pick up Gage packages to earn a Gage Coin that you can then use to unlock any mask or weapon item in the game."

So does this also mean like I could grab weapon mods and junk that are locked unavailable behind cheevos? Cause that'd be great considering some of those are probably never happening, not in terms of difficulty but some of them just being obtuse. What about infamy web masks as well? And lastly what about colors, I wanna be able to use that black+red on a good thing but it's a dumb pre-order only thing.