Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

weekly font posted:

June was a crazy month for me and I forgot this was tonight.

Sold out in both places. :smithicide:

I had a ticket but couldn't go because I hosed up my heel three weeks ago. Had this been on a Thursday like normal, I could have gone (I'm getting my cast removed tomorrow).

At least I'll get the download as a Kickstarter sponsor.

e: It's raining like a son-of-a-bitch in Savannah and since Rifftrax uses Dish Network to broadcast, that means the show is probably not happening since my signal is down.

Mister Kingdom fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Jun 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Signal is down here in NJ.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That was great, I thought.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
And.......gunshot sound.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
"So, you were telling me a funny story backstage... we're married?"
"Yup, 27 years... one good."

:iceburn:

(seriously, these psas from the fifties mildly terrify me.)

marioinblack
Sep 21, 2007

Number 1 Bullshit
I thought that was really well set up. I thought it would be a bit awkward, but all the riffs were really good.

And all those PSAs man. Holy cow. That last one is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Frank's "I've always looked old" was pretty funny. Also I thought Jonah did a real good job, he and Joel definitely worked well together.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Mister Kingdom posted:

I had a ticket but couldn't go because I hosed up my heel three weeks ago. Had this been on a Thursday like normal, I could have gone (I'm getting my cast removed tomorrow).

At least I'll get the download as a Kickstarter sponsor.

e: It's raining like a son-of-a-bitch in Savannah and since Rifftrax uses Dish Network to broadcast, that means the show is probably not happening since my signal is down.

They're doing an encore rebroadcast in a few weeks so you can still see it!

Jonah was a lot better than I expected. The Superman short was kinda hit-or-miss, but man they really went out on a high note with the last one.

Olds
Oct 17, 2005
Apparently they need a trigger warning for "corn" because for the last short, some lady behind me kept muttering "no to Monsanto" I was looking forward to another rendition of Fingertips: Grass too, damnit.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Frank and Trace's short was so bizarre. "Yes girls, if you want a date make sure to throw yourself at any boy that comes along. Also be sure to do stuff for him just on the off chance he likes you."

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Frank and Trace were the best.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Breadallelogram posted:

Frank and Trace were the best.

They really were. It was the most brutal riff out of all of them that night too. It was hilarious.

Our feed cut out during the last short. They left the lights off for like 10 minutes before everyone got up and left.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I thought it was pretty adorable how Jonah was clearly feeling out if his league when he was coming out on stage and stepping back so Joel could receive the accolades, but Joel was like "no, you're right here with me buddy."

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

muscles like this? posted:

Frank and Trace's short was so bizarre. "Yes girls, if you want a date make sure to throw yourself at any boy that comes along. Also be sure to do stuff for him just on the off chance he likes you."

Kinda beyond the scope of the thread, but did dating work like that in the actual reality of the 50s? Talking about people as prospects? Or did people in the era really need poo poo like "be nice to people and be social if you want to date" messages?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
The Frank and Trace short was loving brutal but I loved it. Jonah did ok.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

Seriously, the riffs in the Frank & Trace short were savage. I laughed so much during that one I got lightheaded.

Great show. Everyone was on target. And I still have a crush on Bridget.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Dr_Strangelove posted:

And I still have a crush on Bridget.

I didn't at the time when I started watching MST3K (mostly because I never saw it on TV), but I do now. :swoon:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I think Bridget and Mary Jo had the best separate riff of the night, but "More Dates for Kay" was a very close second. "She legally changed her name to 'Third Base'."

Jonah did good.

But yeah, the high point was the final short. Hilarious the first time, but this was just perfect.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
That Grass short is still solid, but I was disappointed at how many reused jokes were in it and just given to new people.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

That Grass short is still solid, but I was disappointed at how many reused jokes were in it and just given to new people.

At least now I know about Corn is Grass and can sleep at night.

The Talking Car was some serious nightmare fuel. I'd completely blocked out they used to call them shoulder harnesses back in the day.

Also when Darren McGavin goes into the swearing state and they just quoted A Christmas Story I lost it. Plus, the true secret behind Setting Up A Room! The 10-year montage of clips must have been a bear to put together, so many lines to pick from in Guy From Harlem alone...

Olds
Oct 17, 2005
I know Frank and Trace have their own thing, but I'd love to see them rotate in on either the new MST3K or Rifftrax. Their short was amazing.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Holy poo poo, all of the everythings were perfect. What a loving show, can't wait to buy the VOD and watch it again!

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Olds posted:

I know Frank and Trace have their own thing, but I'd love to see them rotate in on either the new MST3K or Rifftrax. Their short was amazing.

I liked all the shorts, although I wish At your fingertips Grass had more original riffs, but as an encore, it was fine.

Frank and Trace's short and riffs were amazing.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

The way they referenced A Talking Cat?!? during A Talking Car makes me hopeful that they are going to finally riff it.

YancyQ
Jan 18, 2008
Grimey Drawer
I'm so confused... is corn grass? did that girl get a date? did they catch the sniper that shot that construction worker?

This experience left me with more questions than answers...

3 A.M. Radio
Nov 5, 2003

Workin' too hard can give me
A heart attACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK-ACK!
You oughtta' know by now...
I went and watched at a theater last night. The sound wasn't on for the opening of the movie, but they caught it in time to turn it on before Mike, Bill, and Kevin came out. It was no big deal, but then halfway through the last short, the sound cut out again and the lights came on. It was pretty goddamn annoying. What was even more annoying is that I was two rows from the top and literally nobody made a movie to go and tell somebody, so I finally jumped up and ran down to tell them. Like, were they just going to sit there until the movie was over? I really hate people.

Olds
Oct 17, 2005

PassTheRemote posted:

I liked all the shorts, although I wish At your fingertips Grass had more original riffs, but as an encore, it was fine.

Frank and Trace's short and riffs were amazing.

I was a little worried about the repeats, but watching Shaking Hands with Danger and Fingertips: Grasses live was a blast (except for the aforementioned anti-Monsanto lady behind me).

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

One big thing I got out of this is that I really need to catch a Frank/Trace thing. I missed the snark in Trace's voice.

Also everything was pretty much gold and I'm sold on Jonah. He was clearly nervous and rushing, but also very funny.

Also also the dad in The Talking Car was loving disturbing.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I would really love more Frank + Trace rifftrax appearances.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yeah as someone who's mainly watched Season 8 and beyond Frank and Trace's segment was the highlight of the night.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
They're doing a VOD for last night, right?

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

2DCAT posted:

They're doing a VOD for last night, right?
A digital download of a reunion show was a kickstarter reward, so... yes?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

ringu0 posted:

A digital download of a reunion show was a kickstarter reward, so... yes?
Sadly that doesn't necessarily mean that other people will get to buy it

Winters Holy Hand
Mar 10, 2007
Threadkiller
Hair Elf
They put it up for pre-order before last night's show. Supposed to be available for download on 9/12.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Frank for any grief I give him based on being grumpy on Facebook and Twitter he was fantastic last night. His short with Trace was the standout favorite of the night.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

What I really enjoyed on the night was that they really gave space for the inherently funny parts of the shorts themselves, like the long, slow zoom on Chuck's limp and lifeless body. Sometimes comedy is knowing when to not say anything at all.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

gfanikf posted:

Frank for any grief I give him based on being grumpy on Facebook and Twitter he was fantastic last night. His short with Trace was the standout favorite of the night.

Frank looked so drat grumpy to be there. There segment was good, but it almost felt like he didn't want to be there.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
That was so good, I'm glad to see it.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

YancyQ posted:

I'm so confused... is corn grass? did that girl get a date? did they catch the sniper that shot that construction worker?

This experience left me with more questions than answers...

Seriously, what the gently caress killed that worker?

I had no idea Trace and Frank were touring until last night. No shows near me for the foreseeable future though :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

IUG posted:

Frank looked so drat grumpy to be there. There segment was good, but it almost felt like he didn't want to be there.

I think he's just a grumpy looking dude. He's tweeted positive things about it.

• Locked thread