Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

One might argue that it was a fellow playa instead of one of his own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

I've never seen an IV in an airplane emergency kit. Also interesting that the AED kept shocking and that he kept a shockable rhythm for so long.

Yeah, I'm calling bullshit on this one. Also, I doubt the plane stay in the air for an hour when that type of emergency would call for an immediate landing ...

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Former Central Michigan running back Zurlon Tipton accidentally shot himself in the stomach with a gun in his duffel bag and died :psyduck:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

186 posted:

Yeah, I'm calling bullshit on this one. Also, I doubt the plane stay in the air for an hour when that type of emergency would call for an immediate landing ...

Bystanders famously exaggerate the length of time when it comes to medical complaints. I'm not sure I've ever had a bystander tell me a seizure lasted less than TEN MINUTES, yet out of hundreds of seizures I've treated only three or four patients strayed into status epilepticus territory and probably more than 90% of them were self-limiting <1 min in length.

I'm sure the same principle applies here.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Henchman of Santa posted:

Former Central Michigan running back Zurlon Tipton accidentally shot himself in the stomach with a gun in his duffel bag and died :psyduck:

RIP Space Emperor

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

LeeMajors posted:

Bystanders famously exaggerate the length of time when it comes to medical complaints. I'm not sure I've ever had a bystander tell me a seizure lasted less than TEN MINUTES, yet out of hundreds of seizures I've treated only three or four patients strayed into status epilepticus territory and probably more than 90% of them were self-limiting <1 min in length.

I'm sure the same principle applies here.

Plus, y'know, anyone without a pulse for AN HOUR while using an AED is stone cold loving defunto.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

korrandark posted:

RIP Space Emperor

Zoltan Mesko is alive and well.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Plus, y'know, anyone without a pulse for AN HOUR while using an AED is stone cold loving defunto.

Sure there's no hope for a good neuro outcome, but I've regained ROSC with a stack of Epi boxes, 300 of amio, multiple defibrillations and an autopulse after 30+ min of working the pt.

It's not unheard of, but you're really just getting them secured for life support so family can say goodbye or their organs can be harvested for donation.

It's not unsurprising that my field breeds lots of hopelessness. :sigh:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

All this tells me is Tebow deserves an NFL starting job

BigSexyWitGlasses
Nov 1, 2009

Man, 64 years old. My dad is 62, Nick Saban is 64 too. That seems pretty young for Alzheimer's. RIP Pat.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

vyst posted:

All this tells me is Tebow deserves an NFL starting job

He displayed a real never say die attitude

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Raku posted:

He displayed a real never say die attitude

He also hosed up the Steelers that one year, so as far as the NFL goes he is good in my book.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

BigSexyWitGlasses posted:

Man, 64 years old. My dad is 62, Nick Saban is 64 too. That seems pretty young for Alzheimer's. RIP Pat.

She had early-onset diagnosis in 2011, it's in that 5-10% range for people under 65. Mean life expectancy is about 5-6 years for Alzheimer's. Her case was sadly typical in that aspect. You never celebrate it but I think deep down those close to her are glad it's over so she's at peace and they can move on. Dealing with anyone who lives with dementia can be just soul-crushing from multiple aspects.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

186 posted:

Years and years ago, when you could do this sort of thing if you knew people, I was in the tower at Pittsburgh International when a medical emergency was coming in. The plane was hustling and flying a completely straight approach while everything else in the air got out of his way. They cleared him for all three parallel runways and basically said "just pick a gate, it doesn't matter which." Never seen a plane taxi so fast, before or since. It was something to see.

Anyhow, an hour's flying time from PHX puts them over Carlsbad NM and gives you a variety of places to divert. No real change from flightplan (aside from weather) and no emergency descent. Curiously, the ADS-B data that tells me this is tied to an airport with the code of KFSU.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
I think I saw a giant head poster of Kirk Ferentz on the interstate through Iowa City

I also saw a car with an Iowa/Illini HOUSE DIVIDED sticker

the gently caress

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
pls do not talk about alzheimers everyone in my family ends up dying from alzheimers i would like to not be reminded of my crushing mortality doomed to end via forgetting everyone i hold dear and making their lives miserable as I foppishly shuffle off this gay earth

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Scionix posted:

i would like to not be reminded of

Not gonna be a problem

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

That Works posted:

Not gonna be a problem

:thurman:

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

That Works posted:

Not gonna be a problem

Sweet Jesus

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back

That Works posted:

Not gonna be a problem

Jesus Christ on a white pony.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

:holymoley:

Warbird
May 23, 2012

loving hell dude.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

That Works posted:

Not gonna be a problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2N1idcNaYo

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

I also saw a car with an Iowa/Illini HOUSE DIVIDED sticker

I think it was right as the last offseason was ending where I saw a UGA/Hawkeyes house divided license plate frame and was utterly confused.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Iowa/Illinois was a rivalry game option in NCAA 2004 so there's gotta be something to it.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
For KJI

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2016/06/signee_brad_hawkins_not_curren.html

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Iowa/Illinois was a rivalry game option in NCAA 2004 so there's gotta be something to it.

Wasn't Iowa's Legends/Leaders protected rival Purdue? Such a rivalry surely overshadows all others either school might have.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

:allears:

For real tho Scionix I kinda feel your pain. Couple of the elders in the family have gotten Alzheimers (fortunately very late onset) so I fear for it a little as well.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

:corsair: I'm not sure how we got off talking about David Ash, but anyway back to my orignial point, Saban is the greatest man of the 21st century. Now remind me, what's your name again?
:smith: Dad, I can't do this anymore.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

It'd make sense as a rivalry because they're border states and a gigantic chunk of Iowa's student body is from Illinois because Iowa is close and easier to get into (Iowa City is also a significantly more fun place to go to school than Champaign, not that that's saying much). But it's never really been a rivalry in football. It was super intense in basketball on the Illinois side for a long time because they inexplicably stayed angry about Deon Thomas for like 20 years, but Illinois basketball fans are understandably a lot more apathetic in general now.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

General Dog posted:

:corsair: I'm not sure how we got off talking about David Ash, but anyway back to my orignial point, Saban is the greatest man of the 21st century. Now remind me, what's your name again?
:smith: Dad, I can't do this anymore.

That's the point you dump him at Baton Rouge and let the local fauna do what they do.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

Warbird posted:

That's the point you dump him at Baton Rouge and let the local fauna do what they do.

What does this even mean

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

MourningView posted:

It'd make sense as a rivalry because they're border states and a gigantic chunk of Iowa's student body is from Illinois because Iowa is close and easier to get into (Iowa City is also a significantly more fun place to go to school than Champaign, not that that's saying much). But it's never really been a rivalry in football. It was super intense in basketball on the Illinois side for a long time because they inexplicably stayed angry about Deon Thomas for like 20 years, but Illinois basketball fans are understandably a lot more apathetic in general now.

I think something about Champaign makes people inexplicably angry at apathetic opponents. This is why they act like Michigan is a rival and Tim Beckman was Tim Beckman.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Spintzel posted:

What does this even mean

Local Fauna being the LSU fanbase, my b.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

Warbird posted:

Local Fauna being the LSU fanbase, my b.

Haha dang man you sure got us good with that one

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

I think something about Champaign makes people inexplicably angry at apathetic opponents. This is why they act like Michigan is a rival and Tim Beckman was Tim Beckman.

They were still so mad when I was at Iowa even though by that point almost none of the undergrads would have even been alive to see Deon Thomas play and Iowa was an unbelievable trash pile of a program.

The liscence plate makes sense to me though. Iowa gets lots of students from Illinois and both schools have a ton of alumni in the Chicago area so I'm sure there are plenty of marriages between the two fabases, and they play just enough that I guess that would sometimes make for a fun playful family rivalry thing.

MourningView fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Jun 29, 2016

Spacemonkey57
Dec 1, 2004
Why the hell is Illinois so hard to get into anyway? They had a gigantic admission corruption scandal a few years ago. Is it because the other state schools are all kind of mediocre?

e. I always heard it was when I lived in Illinois but I looked it up and it's 59%. Maybe I just knew a lot of stupid people and worked with people with dim children.

Spacemonkey57 fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jun 29, 2016

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Spacemonkey57 posted:

Why the hell is Illinois so hard to get into anyway? They had a gigantic admission corruption scandal a few years ago. Is it because the other state schools are all kind of mediocre?

Is it actually hard to get into? I know it's harder than Iowa but Iowa admits just about anyone as an undergrad.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

KKKLIP ART posted:

I think it was right as the last offseason was ending where I saw a UGA/Hawkeyes house divided license plate frame and was utterly confused.

Georgia somehow never played Iowa in their 47 trips to the TaxSlayer Outbacapitagator Bowl since 2000, hmm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

D.N. Nation posted:

Georgia somehow never played Iowa in their 47 trips to the TaxSlayer Outbacapitagator Bowl since 2000, hmm

We've only been to the Gator/taxslayer once I think, and even then just barely showed up. Whole shitload of Outback Bowls though, but usually against Florida. All 7 feet and 300 pounds of Nate Chandler doofing his way into the endzone on a naked bootleg at the height of the SEC SPEEEEEED meme remains a cherished memory

Iowa offered like 80 kids from Georgia last year and received commitments from none of them but we're coming for you, Dawgs!!!!

• Locked thread