Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Stefan Prodan posted:

To be honest I wasn't a huge fan of the music during the King's Landing poo poo, I thought it was some weird not quite appropriate pure moods poo poo. I still liked the sequence but the music just felt out of place to me. I liked it but it's not the music I would choose for those scenes.

this is by far the worst post i have seen regarding the television show game of thrones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I kind of get the feeling that after its all over Arya's last scene will be her returning to the temple.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Groovelord Neato posted:

this is by far the worst post i have seen regarding the television show game of thrones.

Seriously. As a person that had to listen to Pure Moods growing up (my mom loved those things), that piece has way more in common with Philip Glass than, say, loving Enya or Enigma.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I was reading the wiki and remembered to look at Cersei's prophecy which says she'll die at the hands of a valonqar which is a younger brother. So Jaime or Tyrion, but I still think Jaime is going to kill her.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

MrSlam posted:

The carriage was cramped with near the entirety of House Stark.
"We are manacles to maidenhoods back here, Sansa" said Benjen. "Would you hop on your half-brother's lap there, please."
Sansa passionlessly sidled to Jon's lap. Jon began to sweat.
"Bumpy road ahead," cried Ned from the driver's seat.
Jon looked around wildly for a way to escape.

I like the way this George Martin thinks...

Arrested Westeros is the best

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Vanderdeath posted:

Seriously. As a person that had to listen to Pure Moods growing up (my mom loved those things), that piece has way more in common with Philip Glass than, say, loving Enya or Enigma.

Light of the Seven is quickly becoming one of my favorite pieces. This show isn't really known for its music (outside of the main theme) so the direction and music combined have me considering this episode a contender for series best.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

loving owns.

"OH poo poo I mean what a bastard! LOL."

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
The Lord of Light theme is pretty awesome in its simplicity. It works perfectly as an ominous motif.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Colonel Whitey posted:

The Lord of Light theme is pretty awesome in its simplicity. It works perfectly as an ominous motif.

I love it so much and it makes me miss Stannis

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Nichael posted:

Why stop there? Varys should show up in other TV shows and movies.

He can be like one of the characters in Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere who shows up in multiple universes.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

my favorite dumb GOT fan theory is that Jon's dad is actually Aerys, especially because it's usually accompanied with Tyrion also being an Aerys bastard, making Jon, Tyrion, and Dany all half-siblings :v:

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

Ague Proof posted:

Sansa III
Corbray kills Harry the Heir at the tournament and Shadrich takes advantage of the chaos to kidnap Sansa, intending to sell her to the Boltons. Just go with it.
lol is this real? I don't want to believe you.

MrBond
Feb 19, 2004

FYI, Cheese NIPS are not the same as Cheez ITS

No Butt Stuff posted:

He's calling the priest in the show Damphair and then using the inference from the book that Euron in the show was also Brother BadTouch

Where is that reference? I definitely do not remember that…

I'm still rooting for Lady Stoneheart but I guess she isn't really needed to serve up some Brienne-comeuppance. I'm still curious how that's going to go down in the future.

What are the odds Jon doesn't even bother going south and just focuses on whitewalkers? He doesn't /really/ have enough to take them on but it doesn't seem like he cares about the actual iron throne.

zVxTeflon posted:

What ever happened with the Iron Bank? Mace went to talk with them then came back with no explanation and we never heard about it again. Does every major institution in Bravos consist of 2 incompetent dudes in big empty buildings?

Yeah for making a big deal about how you /have/ to pay the Iron Bank back, I'm surprised they haven't followed up on whatever happened to that Stannis guy.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Vanderdeath posted:

lol ok I only ever heard the pure moods ads maybe they were worse than I remember

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Stefan Prodan posted:

lol ok I only ever heard the pure moods ads maybe they were worse than I remember

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZJSjrox_2s
I still remember the loving commercial and now you get to remember it too. It is nothing like the music from Ep. 10.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

MrBond posted:

Yeah for making a big deal about how you /have/ to pay the Iron Bank back, I'm surprised they haven't followed up on whatever happened to that Stannis guy.

The Iron Bank is pretty bad at making speculative investments, it seems. And we all know real-world banks are nothing like that.

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Propaganda Machine posted:

I guess that's what they were going for with Pycelle?

They probably wrote that just to pay homage to the little birds in the book.

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

So I didn't see this being discussed, has Bran just been faking his injury this entire time? There were at least two scenes this season that have showed him walking without assistance (check 29 seconds into this video). Was this discussed in the books?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JfQkN2la7o&t=29s

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Wizard Master posted:

So I didn't see this being discussed, has Bran just been faking his injury this entire time? There were at least two scenes this season that have showed him walking without assistance (check 29 seconds into this video). Was this discussed in the books?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JfQkN2la7o&t=29s

Pay attention to the show. The Raven said he'd fly. He's flying, and just swinging his body to move his legs in a way that looks like walking.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Ccs posted:

He can be like one of the characters in Brandon Sanderson's Cosmere who shows up in multiple universes.

That character also owns.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
I was just rewatching episode 1, it's explicitly stated that it takes at least a month to travel from King's Landing to Winterfell, but in the very scene after Robert sends a raven, his train appears outside of Winterfell. Did anyone else notice this? I don't think it's ever explained how he got there. The direwolf pups also got replaced with some older dogs, and Catelyn even looked at one and commented on how fast they grow up. Do direwolves triple in size overnight? It was a very strange episode, overall.

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead

Wizard Master posted:

Can't tell if you're being serious or not. On the off-chance that you are, that's a vision of the past - bran's not physically in the scene, and he's not 'really' walking.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Kajeesus posted:

He's apparently named Aeron in the script, but is for all intents and purposes just a generic priest of the Drowned God as far as season 6 is concerned. It might get expanded on if Euron is actually going to be a major villain in season 7.

Euron did not participate in any ceremony in the books, and Aeron's official reason for opposing him is his godlessness.

E: LoL resurrection and Wight zombifications are the only ways that people have been raised from the dead. Drogo and the Mountain were dying from poison, but I don't think they actually died before they came back as zombies, and the Night's King was definitely alive when the Children turned him into Ice Dad.

Drogo wasn't turned into a zombie, though -- I thought it was pretty clearly brain damage, like you'd get from a really bad stroke or terrible fever. He was essentially a vegetable, but not dead in the slightest.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Well, "Zombie" is a pretty broad term here. You could argue that it doesn't really apply to Beric Dondarrion, Benjenhands or Frankenmountain, either.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

BananaJoe posted:

The story alone could have seeded at least 3 episodes in my opinion, and the timelines would have made much more sense without characters teleporting. Imagine Arya killing Walder Frey and his sons in the first episodes of the next season...

I could see them giving Arya the Lady Stoneheart story from the books... bopping around the countryside killing Freys with.... The Brotherhood Without Banners, right? Been years since I read the books and don't remember most of the details.

But yeah if they don't want to bring back LS then it would make sense to have Arya killing Freys, unless they have other plans for her.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

frey pie would have been cooler if it was just revealed she just cut their fingers off instead of actually loving baking them lmao

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

GORDON posted:

I could see them giving Arya the Lady Stoneheart story from the books... bopping around the countryside killing Freys with.... The Brotherhood Without Banners, right? Been years since I read the books and don't remember most of the details.

But yeah if they don't want to bring back LS then it would make sense to have Arya killing Freys, unless they have other plans for her.

You are right, it does makes sense. It would be also a pretext to have her and Sandor together again

I was thinking: before we were wondering who would be the next big villain after Ramsay is gone, and it guess pretty obviously is gonna be Cersei? She used to have "one redeeming feature": loving her children. And all that they are all gone (and the last of then by her own fault), I expect she will be in full evil mode and also more powerful then she ever was.

I bet she will be Dany's main antagonist in Westeros in S7, while Jon weill be to busy with the WW beginning the invasion to be part of this war

Abner Assington
Mar 13, 2005

For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry god. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now, at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon.

Amen.
Isn't Beric on Arya's list in the show? For loving over Gendry and handing him over to Melisandre.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I wanna see how they manage to make the WW at all effective against dragons.

Mujaji
Oct 2, 2004
"The Transformers soundtrack is quite probably the greatest single album in the entire history of recorded music"

CubanMissile posted:

Ice Grenades

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008
Great big ice arrows im assuming, or icy balls of fire.

Considering how stupid the children of the forest apple grenades were, im not holding out much hope.

I was mooching round on you tube the other day and accidentally watched the "war is coming" scene with Ned and Robert by the side of the kings road. It was really jarring to see how far the show has come/developed. Watching that in close proximity to this weeks episode its pretty clear that its now a very expensive soap opera.

Thats not a bad thing necessarily but it just makes a lot of the stuff in this weeks episode really hammy. Cerceis scene with the shameshameshame lady was cheesy as all hell, having her dressed like maleficent didn't help.

Ill be kinda glad to see the whole thing finish, we will at least know the broad strokes of the ending and then if GRMM ever gets round to finishing the books then all the better.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
I loved all that poo poo, except the apples.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

LemonDrizzle posted:

Can't tell if you're being serious or not. On the off-chance that you are, that's a vision of the past - bran's not physically in the scene, and he's not 'really' walking.

Wait, is this the troll post? :psyduck:

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

CubanMissile posted:

Ice dragon

Bonus points if they turn one of hers

Atreiden
May 4, 2008

Ice dragons or old Nan was right, the WW riddes ice-spiders, so they make a big ice-spiderweb, which Dany flies her dragons into, only to get stuck and eaten.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
I dont care who wins against dragons -euron, white walkers, anyone but I really want at least one to die so there's even a tiny bit of tension

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Boy I hope we finally get the giant spiders next season

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I think I would J in my P a little if Kings Landing has a big gently caress off spear that takes out a dragon and the Night King revives it for dragon on dragon action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

CubanMissile posted:

It'll be like the opening cinematic to Dark Souls except instead of lightning spears they hurl ice spears.

• Locked thread