Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

:ironicatgrowinghuge:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

Where do we draw the line David? Oh when it's about you?

Eat poo poo

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

I thought I was going to burst a blood vessel I was laughing so hard at that segment

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

starkebn posted:

:ironicatgrowinghuge:

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

Jonah Galtberg posted:

I thought I was going to burst a blood vessel I was laughing so hard at that segment

Do you have a link to the video?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Don't worry, he's assured me he didn't find it offensive.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
https://twitter.com/DavidLeyonhjelm/status/748114855249346560

I guess all oral sex is homosexual? His poor wife.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

asio
Nov 29, 2008

"Also Sprach Arnold Jacobs: A Developmental Guide for Brass Wind Musicians" refers to the mullet as an important tool for professional cornet playing and box smashing black and blood

https://m.facebook.com/wickedpickets/

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Ah, fair enough then

A Good Username
Oct 10, 2007

An interesting background piece on Antony Green.
Turns out he designed some of the early software the ABC uses for its election coverage.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Multiple people at the ABC thought this was a good idea

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

they were right

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

open24hours posted:

Do you have a link to the video?

http://iview.abc.net.au/programs/chasers-election-desk/LE1530H004S00

Segment starts at about 9:10

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

BBJoey posted:

they were right

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

is that......a helmet?????????????????

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

BBJoey posted:

they were right

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

QUACKTASTIC posted:

Multiple people at the ABC thought this was a good idea

:negative:

The ABC is already on thin ice with the tories, can't the Chaser or whoever did that find some other platform to pull stunts like this so we don't end up with our best news source sold to Gina Reinhart?

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Jonah Galtberg posted:

is that......a helmet?????????????????

I think it's two, actually.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Zoe and Kirsten are doing a better job this season than any of the Chaser boys.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Yeah, a lot funnier than, 'walk into building wearing something odd, get kicked out.'

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah

BBJoey posted:

they were right

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Yeah, a lot funnier than, 'walk into building wearing something odd, get kicked out.'

What did you expect when watching the chaser if not this?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
I worked out where he lives, it's about 5 minutes away from here.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Laserface posted:

What did you expect when watching the chaser if not this?

Funny things like parking a personalised wicked van in front of Leyonhjelm's house. :shrug:

Also what the gently caress, he doesn't pronounce the j in his name? I've been getting my tongue-tied while talking to people about him for ages.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

well he is so :shrug:

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
First Dog:

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Jumpingmanjim posted:

If they replaced the Mad as Hell costume dress-up segments with some of the Zoe and Kirsten stuff, we might actually have one good comedy show

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Scylo posted:

If they replaced the Mad as Hell costume dress-up segments with some of the Zoe and Kirsten stuff, we might actually have one good comedy show

:hfive:

Is it wrong that on 7:30 last night that I saw Malcolm Turnbull has an Asian daughter-in-law and thought "well, he's just lost some of the racist vote - hooray!"

open24hours
Jan 7, 2001

:argh: Flash :argh:

Thanks for this.

Snod.
Oct 3, 2014

MysticalMachineGun posted:

:hfive:

Is it wrong that on 7:30 last night that I saw Malcolm Turnbull has an Asian daughter-in-law and thought "well, he's just lost some of the racist vote - hooray!"

The racists who would vote based on that probably don't watch 7:30 or put two and two together

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-30/fears-about-indigenous-rangers-program-funding-beyond-2018/7551736

A program that provided jobs to indigenous australians, and protected the environment? Im just amazed its lasted this long.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Frogmanv2 posted:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-30/fears-about-indigenous-rangers-program-funding-beyond-2018/7551736

A program that provided jobs to indigenous australians, and protected the environment? Im just amazed its lasted this long.

Surely that's only because they didn't notice it in the budget

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Snod. posted:

The racists who would vote based on that probably don't watch 7:30 or put two and two together

they also wouldn't be sending their vote any where you'd want it to go

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Big issues not front and centre: Abbott

In his last interview before polling day, Tony Abbott admitted he misses the adrenalin of being the federal leader but says he has enjoyed playing the role of 'Mr Warringah.'

Speaking with Paul Murray on Sky News the former prime minister says he has appreciated the chance to reconnect with the electorate he has represented for over two decades.

'There is a tremendous adrenalin surge about being the national leader', he said.

Giving his assessment of the campaign, Mr Abbott says he is disappointed national and border security has only been in focus intermittently.

'A lot of big issues have been touched on without really being developed,' he said.

'National security has played almost no part in this campaign.'

'If those really big issues aren't front and centre less substantial stuff will be.'

One question that has been front and centre is that of a plebiscite on same-sex marriage

Mr Abbott is adamant a decision on the issue should be put to the public who will be left feeling 'ripped off' if legislation backing a plebiscite on same-sex marriage fails to pass the new parliament.

'It will have to be decided by the people at a plebiscite.'

'If the Senate wants to play games with that, be it on their heads there won't be a same-sex marriage vote'.

Mr Abbott credited the campaigning of both leaders, calling Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull 'statesman-like' and praising Opposition Leader Bill Shorten for his energy.

On a poll published last week pointing to an electoral loss had he remained prime minister, Mr Abbott says the result were 'not too bad' seeing as it has been nine months since he was last campaigning.

On his frequent pillorying on social media, Mr Abbott says he isn't bothered.

'I know who I am, I know what I have done, I know what I have achieved I know what I can still achieve, and I am very comfortable in my own skin', he said.

[sourcebutdon'tclick]http://www.skynews.com.au/news/top-stories/2016/06/30/abbott-focused-on-warringah.html#sthash.cUHau0rj.dpuf[/sourcebutdon'tclick]

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

QUACKTASTIC posted:

'I know who I am, I know what I have done, I know what I have achieved I know what I can still achieve, and I am very comfortable in my own skin', he said.

It's not time for a moult yet.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
yeah, I wish we'd focus more on something which at its absolute peak saw us receiving people accounting for less than 0.1% of our population through irregular means, instead of trivial things like being able to afford a house, an education, or a trip to the doctor.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Solemn Sloth posted:

yeah, I wish we'd focus more on something which at its absolute peak saw us receiving people accounting for less than 0.1% of our population through irregular means, instead of trivial things like being able to afford a house, an education, or a trip to the doctor.
Glad you've finally seen the light SS. The only question: Is this shot at spoiling things too little too late?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Just got robo called for the first time ever, it was from the Christian democrats, warning me about the threat of homosexual marriage and safe schools

• Locked thread