Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Seditiar posted:

Other than Sadokist being there, I don't mind the line-up for ESL.
What's wrong with Sadokist?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

He's not that bad, just very little game knowledge. But I suppose it's hard to compete with Semmler and Anders.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

symbolic posted:

What's wrong with Sadokist?

He's not very funny, and thinks he is very funny. The chemistry between him and HenryG also feels forced as hell really often. I won't hate on his game knowledge though, as he is paired with the most knowledgeable caster.

Seditiar
Aug 5, 2012

Jeza posted:

He's not very funny, and thinks he is very funny. The chemistry between him and HenryG also feels forced as hell really often. I won't hate on his game knowledge though, as he is paired with the most knowledgeable caster.

Yeah, I haven't seen anyone else trying this hard to be funny and failing at it other than Thorin/Richard with their "Reference game on point" bullshit for a broadcast or two.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!
I wish Henryg would cast games with anyone else at least some of the time, I love listening to him but can't stand Sadokist :(

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

I always found HenryG and Sadokist to be charming together and never felt that the chemistry was forced. Dunno.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsydU3lN5rk

stump collector
May 28, 2007

symbolic posted:

I always found HenryG and Sadokist to be charming together and never felt that the chemistry was forced. Dunno.

i also like them

LochNessMonster
Feb 3, 2005

I need about three fitty

As long as it's not Thorin I don't really care. As soon as he gets booted from all shows I'll see if I can start hating a different caster, but for now Thorin consumes all my hatred.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
http://esportshall.com/
"Emil “HeatoN” Christensen will be the first inductee into the Esports Hall of Fame."

:kimchi: :kimchi: :kimchi:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

LochNessMonster posted:

As long as it's not Thorin I don't really care. As soon as he gets booted from all shows I'll see if I can start hating a different caster, but for now Thorin consumes all my hatred.

Unfortunately, he seems to have toned himself down a smidge on Eleague so he is less likely to be kicked

Yet he still interrupts with dumb "jokes", and his smarmy looking around with a smug expression after he amuses himself makes me want to punch him in the face.

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013
so today i legitimately carried my first game and it's so loving annoying when you have the peanut gallery of teammates commenting on your every single move

'you should have shot him!!'

'why arent you loving shooting him, he's right infront of you!!!?'

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Divine Blob posted:

so today i legitimately carried my first game and it's so loving annoying when you have the peanut gallery of teammates commenting on your every single move

counter point: why didnt you shoot him you gigantic baby man he was literally right infront of you holy moly

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Divine Blob posted:

bind "pgdown" voice_scale 0
bind "pgup" voice_scale.5

Or something along those lines. Might be voice_scale enable.

This will mute and unmute your idiot teammates when you need it

Frosty Mossman
Feb 17, 2011

"I Guess Somebody Fixed All the Problems" -- Confused Citizen

Famethrowa posted:

bind "pgdown" voice_scale 0
bind "pgup" voice_scale.5

Or something along those lines. Might be voice_scale enable.

This will mute and unmute your idiot teammates when you need it
No need to have two buttons for it:
bind capslock "toggle voice_scale 1 0"

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Sniper Party posted:

No need to have two buttons for it:
bind capslock "toggle voice_scale 1 0"

Oh nice. I think I will change my binds.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Rude, my lyrics about sk and luminosity were brilliant and inspired.

symbolic posted:

Weirdly enough it seemed to me like they used to be more sincere, then it became more forced, and the last few times I've seen them, it's been more natural, but a couple times a game it seems like sadokist says something that just absolutely falls flat, and Henry has to scramble to respond. :shrug:

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

esl is using thorin at the next major :eng99:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

trying to jack off posted:

esl is using thorin at the next major :eng99:

good grief

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
"And after losing that round their income has plummeted harder THAN ENVYUUUUUS"
*kickflips over the analyst desk while Superman by goldfinger starts playing*

mistermojo
Jul 3, 2004

Bohemian Nights posted:

http://esportshall.com/
"Emil “HeatoN” Christensen will be the first inductee into the Esports Hall of Fame."

:kimchi: :kimchi: :kimchi:

Oh my god they're going to do an induction ceremony. That's great

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013

Smithereens posted:

counter point: why didnt you shoot him you gigantic baby man he was literally right infront of you holy moly

i was waiting for his teammate to show up :)

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

As much as Valve does their best this game is still filled with hackers. Just saw a guy go 44 and 3 running through the map getting head shot after head shot with the first tap.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
This dude got a factory new AK hydro in my last MM game. His screams of ecstasy will forever haunt my dreams. Lucky fucker.

Crimson
Nov 7, 2002

The French Army! posted:

As much as Valve does their best

Not convinced this is the case, with hackers or griefing, given their prevalence.

I just tied in a MM game we were dominating, because 2 of my teammates decided to throw. They absolutely never used their mics except to talk poo poo, and told me I talk too much for my call outs. Then they TK'ed me and played like garbage on purpose. I don't talk more than any other halfway decent player, giving basic info on enemy positions. If I were Valve that type of behavior would be at least a month long ban from MM. The fact they get away with it with no repercussions is why MM is terrible.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
this community is worse than mobas

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i played 1700 hours of dota so i feel qualified to make that statement

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Pomp posted:

this community is worse than mobas

👌🎩👓🎩👍🎩👓🎩👍🎩 euphoric logic !euphoric loGic👌 thats ✔ some euphoric👌💻 logic right👌💻there👌👍👌 Carl 🔭 Sagan🌌💫if i do ƽaү so gentlemen 💯 i say so 💯 thats euPhoric logic right there Richard 📒 Dawkins🎩 (chorus: socrates died for this poo poo) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👓👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌🎩 👌 💯 👌 👓🎩🎩🎩 👍👌euphoric logic

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
The only thing worse than a 12 year old playing a video game is an adult playing a video game

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i just remembered left 4 dead exists so i take back what i said

surc
Aug 17, 2004

Crimson posted:

Not convinced this is the case, with hackers or griefing, given their prevalence.

I just tied in a MM game we were dominating, because 2 of my teammates decided to throw. They absolutely never used their mics except to talk poo poo, and told me I talk too much for my call outs. Then they TK'ed me and played like garbage on purpose. I don't talk more than any other halfway decent player, giving basic info on enemy positions. If I were Valve that type of behavior would be at least a month long ban from MM. The fact they get away with it with no repercussions is why MM is terrible.

Were you playing prime, or regular matchmaking? I've had much better experiences than I used to when I solo queue or 2-man queue using Prime.

NTT posted:

The only thing worse than a 12 year old playing a video game is an adult playing a video game

This depends how you define adult. The real worst tend to be college kids.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

NTT posted:

With a mic yes. I've only met two really cool kids with a mic playing various games. One was just super chill and we didn't even know they were 12 till about 4-5 months of playing with each other. I was shocked, as was everyone else. The second was this kid with an amazing pension for pissing off people with trolls. He also claimed his mother gave him herpes 4 times but later found out it was razor burn. That usually got people talking to him and after that it was like watching a loving child prodigy. He wasn't good at video games but holy hell was he amazing at talking poo poo.

I played two MM games last night. Won both, one by a large margin. With the exception of a 3 kill pistol during money rounds I was ok. Not hot, not bad, accused of hacking once which is the first time and hilarious (crosshair head level makes for hilarious one taps). Prime MM is noticeably better and my two questions are 1) when can I do over watch cases? I actually want to do these. I've played the game as far back as 2002 so recognizing wall hackers, toggles and such are pretty tame. 2) When the hell am I gonna get out of Silver 2? :negative: I've gone on winning streaks, losing streaks, top fragger but never quite bottom. No demotion or promotion. I know it'll happen eventually but I got blue balls here.

Red Mike
Jul 11, 2011

Soulex posted:

1) when can I do over watch cases? I actually want to do these. I've played the game as far back as 2002 so recognizing wall hackers, toggles and such are pretty tame. 2) When the hell am I gonna get out of Silver 2? :negative: I've gone on winning streaks, losing streaks, top fragger but never quite bottom. No demotion or promotion. I know it'll happen eventually but I got blue balls here.

To qualify for overwatch you have to have at least 150 competitive wins, and I would assume rank goes into it somewhat as well. I got overwatch at something like 200 wins, I assume because I shot up to the high novas from silver. If you want to rank up just play consistently good. Quit early when you're on a losing streak for the night, and for christ sake don't play during/just after a sale.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Soulex posted:

kid with an amazing pension
👍👌 💯

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Yeah I've gotten OW like 24h after my 150th win on a couple of accounts, but they were both highly ranked.

You only think you want OW until you actually do a few cases and realise how mind-numbingly boring it is. The vast majority of reports are bullshit so you end up watching a quarter game's worth of mediocre plays rather than someone blatant tracing heads through walls or smoke. It'd perhaps be more appealing if you got some sort of ingame compensation outside of xp, but alas.

Also,

Soulex posted:

I've played the game as far back as 2002 so recognizing wall hackers, toggles and such are pretty tame. . . . Silver 2

I don't mean to be rude but you're probably not quite ready for overwatch yet, anyway.

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013
<- this garbage gamer become a guardian today

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
unreal and buns and I encountered a cheater on prime last night. 2k hour account, acting like he was legit. Quilty called his hacks via spec pretty earlier and his highlights were hilariously hacky. The whole game we thought he was just good, turns out his movement was poo poo and he stared at the ground, he just had an aimbot and a wallhack.

Edit: still won despite his 39

Garfu fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jun 29, 2016

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Bohemian Nights posted:

Yeah I've gotten OW like 24h after my 150th win on a couple of accounts, but they were both highly ranked.

You only think you want OW until you actually do a few cases and realise how mind-numbingly boring it is. The vast majority of reports are bullshit so you end up watching a quarter game's worth of mediocre plays rather than someone blatant tracing heads through walls or smoke. It'd perhaps be more appealing if you got some sort of ingame compensation outside of xp, but alas.

Also,

I don't mean to be rude but you're probably not quite ready for overwatch yet, anyway.

Fair enough. I just mean I know what to look for a lot of the time. Not just blatant wall hacks or people reacting to sound.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
What are some good matches to watch from ECS last week? I unfortunately missed all of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Smol posted:

What are some good matches to watch from ECS last week? I unfortunately missed all of it.

G2 vs LG on Dust 2 in the finals