Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Baal posted:

Yeah, if you don't want future JoJo spoilers you should just flat out not play the game or skip cutscenes constantly and hope there is no in battle dialogue stating things that happened, but the first fight of the story mode flat out reenacts the final fight of Part 3, sooooo

I'm not current but I've read into a significant part of Jojolion so I'm not worried (I can't actually stand keeping up with manga so when I ran out of stuff that was new to me I stopped but that's about when the game was announced, I think?)

Not that that was directed at me but I know and that's part of the appeal for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I actually feel the same. It's a loving drag trying to read JoJolion month to month so I've let probably three years worth of chapters build up. Not that the game could potentially spoil anything for me because it's just two characters I already know about, but hey.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Takoluka posted:

They really should have learned from the previous game and also from Victory Vs.+.
Out of curiosity what is there to learn from Victory Vs.? Seems like I'd dig it but I don't know much about it.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I don't know where my big diatribe about the game is but I wrote one for it where I said it's basically the worst anime licensed game ever maybe I can dig it up

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Played a hour of Adventure of Mana. Outside of the prompts in the 'name your character' having some hiccups, it runs and plays great. Loving it alot more then Sword of Mana so far. Hud is a little busy, but I can forgive it since you can use the touch feature with it if you are feeling lazy and not wanting to hit the shoulder buttons to quick swap weapons.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Is Prison Architect as neat as it sounds? I might grab that later.

When I first got it on PC I spent about 4~5 hours a day playing, I skipped dinner on accident a few times. It's changed a lot since then, didn't even know there was a console version planned. Might be a better idea to get it on PC at the moment, steam sale has it down to like 9 bucks I think...oh wait, it's $7.49. I really should get back into it, there wasn't even a story when I last played it I think.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
I finally did it. I finally bought Omega Quintet. The price was too good to pass up. God forgive me.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Watrick posted:

I finally did it. I finally bought Omega Quintet. The price was too good to pass up. God forgive me.

You can do whatever you want in life.

(possibly :nws: in very prude environments)

Explosive Tampons
Jul 9, 2014

Your days are gone!!!

Watrick posted:

I came here to post the exact same message. I had $10 left so I just bought that flight sim thing and Omega Quintet. I'll probably just play once and never again

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Warning: Zero Time Dilemma isn't PSTV compatible at this time, even though the retail packaging says it is.

Aksys is saying they've reached out to Sony who are working on it, so it sounds unintentional, but a ton of puzzles are touch-only and refuse to control with buttons/sticks as far as I can tell so I'm not sure what the deal is.

univbee fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jun 29, 2016

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

that super sucks

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

well if all you have to do is occasionally touch a button on screen or something the PSTV should work fine, but Sony is loving stupid and had to be begged by the developer to even whitelist BoI Rebirth after they had gone on tour demonstrating the earlier builds on PSTV

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

CrashCat posted:

well if all you have to do is occasionally touch a button on screen or something the PSTV should work fine, but Sony is loving stupid and had to be begged by the developer to even whitelist BoI Rebirth after they had gone on tour demonstrating the earlier builds on PSTV

More than once I've had to spin a 3D puzzle around and as far as I could tell this was only possible by swiping/dragging on the screen. This whole situation is weird as hell since the 2nd game does work and I think all puzzles can be manipulated with sticks/buttons. But the packaging says "Playstation TV Compatible" pretty prominently.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

univbee posted:

But the packaging says "Playstation TV Compatible" pretty prominently.
theres the funny bit

lol sony

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Man, this sale is good. I haven't pulled the trigger yet but I might end up getting Action Henk, Volume, Tharsis, The Swindle, Paranautical Activity, Knock Knock, and Bit Trip. God help me for getting that much but it also comes out to like $33 total

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

paranautical activity is garbage

Parker Lewis
Jan 4, 2006

Can't Lose

I should buy all the Tales and Nep-Nep games that are on sale, right? I have never played any of them.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Awesome! posted:

Isn't that the game where it got removed from Steam for months because the creator made a death threat to Gaben?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

yeah but its bad independent of that

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Parker Lewis posted:

I should buy all the Tales and Nep-Nep games that are on sale, right? I have never played any of them.

Skip any Nep games that aren't RPG's and Zestiria on the Tales side but otherwise yes

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Awesome! posted:

How so?

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Sakurazuka posted:

Skip any Nep games that aren't RPG's and Zestiria on the Tales side but otherwise yes

Come back to the non-RPG Neps if you find yourself really loving it. For now, just play Re;Birth 1 and see if it's at all your jam.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i thought knock knock looked interesting but it's one of those things i wasn't willing to take a risk on for over five bucks

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Baal posted:

I don't know where my big diatribe about the game is but I wrote one for it where I said it's basically the worst anime licensed game ever maybe I can dig it up

A weapon to surpass Orphen: Scion of Sorcery

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Huge EU sale started, in case nobody noticed. Something like 350 games (although like half of that is PS3) so just check psprices.com

Katana Gomai fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Jun 29, 2016

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

univbee posted:

More than once I've had to spin a 3D puzzle around and as far as I could tell this was only possible by swiping/dragging on the screen. This whole situation is weird as hell since the 2nd game does work and I think all puzzles can be manipulated with sticks/buttons. But the packaging says "Playstation TV Compatible" pretty prominently.

Well, I'm sure you know you can drag with the controller's on screen touchpad mode but it's a bit more awkward. Technically they're correct as long as it doesn't use microphone, gyro or camera, right?

right? :saddowns:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Katana Gomai posted:

Huge EU sale started, in case nobody noticed. Something like 350 games (although like half of that is PS3) so just check psprices.com

Excellent, been waiting what feels like forever now for the end of that EA sale.

Faux Mulder
Aug 1, 2014

just gonna do whatever I want to do, all the time

CrashCat posted:

Well, I'm sure you know you can drag with the controller's on screen touchpad mode but it's a bit more awkward. Technically they're correct as long as it doesn't use microphone, gyro or camera, right?

right? :saddowns:

They'd be right if the box also said "DualShock 4 required".

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Faux Mulder posted:

You can simulate touch screen inputs with a DS3 also using the L2 and R2 buttons, but it's a clusterfuck.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Faux Mulder posted:

No no, you can do a thing with the DS3, you push in the thumbsticks or something and a weird cursor shows up that represents the touchpad. It works alright but only so long as you're not expected to use it for quick response or have to alternate between that and button controls a lot. Of course I don't play much that uses it at all because it's annoying to deal with

drat you Quick Draw univbee :argh:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rabidsquid posted:

i thought knock knock looked interesting but it's one of those things i wasn't willing to take a risk on for over five bucks

It's a short, fun puzzle game that I revisit every once in a while. I backed it though and liked it before it even came out so that's probably just confirmation bias on my part.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Slur posted:

Brandish The Dark Revenant is on sale right now and that game is really good.

Thank you for mentioning this, I picked it up. This is a remake of one of the Dragon Slayer games or something, right?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

In Training posted:

Thank you for mentioning this, I picked it up. This is a remake of one of the Dragon Slayer games or something, right?

It's a remake of a Falcom SNES game but isn't part of the Dragon Slayer series

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

In Training posted:

It's a short, fun puzzle game that I revisit every once in a while. I backed it though and liked it before it even came out so that's probably just confirmation bias on my part.

I got it on PC, played through at midnight, and found it really effective. Especially reading the rules for the games it asks you to play that mirror the actual gameplay. It's one of only games to actually unsettle me.

I never figured out how to get hiding to actually work though, so I mostly just did laps or screwed around on ladders. :v: This was at launch too, so the sanity meter when in the endless hallway thing was bugged and never ran out.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Sakurazuka posted:

It's a remake of a Falcom SNES game but isn't part of the Dragon Slayer series

It's so hard to keep all their series and spin-offs sorted properly

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hah, yeah I had to look it up because I wasn't sure :v:

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
Apparently the line-up for PS4 has leaked on a Polish site, so I can't confirm legitimacy. We're getting SE:Gat Out of Hell and Furi.

https://m.facebook.com/playstation.hu/photos/a.216072821746172.53846.211709832182471/1227649947255116/?type=3&theater

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Watrick posted:

Apparently the line-up for PS4 has leaked on a Polish site, so I can't confirm legitimacy. We're getting SE:Gat Out of Hell and Furi.

https://m.facebook.com/playstation.hu/photos/a.216072821746172.53846.211709832182471/1227649947255116/?type=3&theater
Paragon as well is in that image. Seems legitimate.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Brandish is great. i wish the controls weren't so complex though because i always gently caress up and do the wrong thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gat out of hell is not very good.

what's furi?

• Locked thread