Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Haha I can't even come up with a pithy comment for this, it speaks for itself:

Exclusive: NRA to run $2 million Benghazi-themed ad campaign for Trump

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
National GE poll - YouGov/Economist
6/24 - 6/27 - 1300 RV
this is a weekly tracking poll

Clinton 40 (-3)
Trump 35 (-4)

Other/Not Sure 25 (+7)

That's 3/3 national polls today showing large gains for Not Sure.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
A prominent evangelical leader is walking back his claim that Donald Trump recently became a born-again Christian, saying he doesn’t know the “details” of the alleged conversion.

Last week, Dr. James Dobson told attendees at a Manhattan evangelical summit organized by the presumptive GOP nominee that he personally knew the individual who had led Trump to accept Jesus as his savior.

“He did accept a relationship with Christ. I know the person who led him to Christ,” Dobson said, according to audio of his interview with Rev. Michael Anthony, a pastor from Pennsylvania.

While Dobson characterized Trump at the time as a "baby Christian," he seemed more circumspect about the New York real estate mogul’s newfound faith in a statement released Monday to the Christian publication Charisma News.

"Only the Lord knows the condition of a person's heart. I can only tell you what I've heard,” Dobson said. “First, Trump appears to be tender to things of the Spirit. I also hear that Paula White has known Trump for years and that she personally led him to Christ.”

"Do I know that for sure? No,” Dobson added. “Do I know the details of that alleged conversion? I can't say that I do.”

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Slate Action posted:

6/24 - 6/27 - 1300 RV

Clinton 40 (-3)
Trump 35 (-4)

Other/Not Sure 25 (+7)

we got this guy Not Sure...

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Al! posted:

hmm maybe white power isn't a winning strategy after all

It has power right in the name, how can it lose?

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
The chief problem with getting all of your news from an echo chamber is that after a while you lose the ability to pick up on the things people outside of the echo chamber are interested in

Four loving years of Benghazi saturation. Nobody cares anymore! Please waste your valuable dollars and ad time.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/748163921383723008

EwokEntourage
Jun 10, 2008

BREYER: Actually, Antonin, you got it backwards. See, a power bottom is actually generating all the dissents by doing most of the work.

SCALIA: Stephen, I've heard that speed has something to do with it.

BREYER: Speed has everything to do with it.

Al! posted:

hmm maybe white power isn't a winning strategy after all

They should give it one more election, just to make sure

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

what did Ben Ghazi ever do to the Republicans

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

:lol:

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

"I do what I do," Roosh told NBC News on Monday. "I don't care. I do me."

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

even hillary is like "you know you're behind in that poll right"

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Slate Action posted:

6/24 - 6/27 - 1300 RV

Clinton 40 (-3)
Trump 35 (-4)

Other/Not Sure 25 (+7)

This Not Sure guy sounds smart. I bet he could figure these problems out.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

prefect posted:

It's about fuckin' time. :colbert:

Donald Trump met with hundreds of evangelical leaders in New York last Tuesday. Shortly after the meeting, James Dobson, the founder of the group Focus on the Family, claimed Trump recently “[accepted] a relationship with Christ,” adding, “I know the person who led him to Christ.” His statement was first brought to public attention by the historian John Fea, and then picked up in The New York Times and other publications. Dobson later issued a statement identifying the person who reportedly converted Trump as the prosperity-gospel televangelist Paula White. The Trump campaign refused to comment on the report.

:cripes:

Holy loving poo poo these people are grasping for straw so hard, several times worse than when they were supporting (to them) the mormon infidel Romney.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
"if we make the font size of trump's 40% larger than the font size of hill's 42% it'll look like he's winning"

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

i get what they were going for in the picture, but it's kinda funny because you can see hillary as just thinking "drat, this is a lot easier than i was expecting" while trump is trying his best!!

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
remember how scary the evangelical voting bloc was lol

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Mirthless posted:

no please stop with the benghazi it is over

literally no one I know aside people who religiously watch fox cares about it

I mean I wasn't going to vote republican anyway but it's the principle of the matter

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003

Ostentatious posted:

I mean I wasn't going to vote republican anyway but it's the principle of the matter

haha we've probably got 8 more years of this poo poo

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Look who suddenly believes polling again

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

DaveWoo posted:

So basically the publishing company figured (probably correctly) that Corey's NDA would prevent him from divulging any interesting info about the Trump campaign in his book.

Which makes the folks at CNN look like even bigger idiots for hiring him, but whatevs.

But why? Has he said anything that wasn't unqualified praise for the Donald since they took him on? If I were the tinfoil hat type I'd suspect his firing and immediate hiring at the world's biggest news corp combined with the fact that he's now acting as a publicist for the Don on their payroll instead of on his was a pretty good lateral move, and saves the Don a few grand for jet fuel for his daily commute.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

prefect posted:

"Only the Lord knows the condition of a person's heart. I can only tell you what I've heard,” Dobson said. “First, Trump appears to be tender to things of the Spirit. I also hear that Paula White has known Trump for years and that she personally led him to Christ.”

"Do I know that for sure? No,” Dobson added. “Do I know the details of that alleged conversion? I can't say that I do.”

she is a prosperity gospel televangelist who has stumped for him at rallies before

https://twitter.com/sarahposner/status/745362880334266370

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Mirthless posted:

This isn't about swaying the general populace, it's about reminding their base that Hillary is the devil.

Probably the smartest decision we've seen from the GOP side in months.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i've been holding onto this for a long time because it sounds petty

but

i really don't like the way trump gives a thumbs up

does he have a degenerate ligament condition or something? i mean i'm not trying to be mean here it's sad if he does

but why does he give those weird, skewed thumbs ups?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mr. Pumroy posted:

but

does he have a degenerate ligament condition or something? i mean i'm not trying to be mean here it's sad if he does

He's got short fingers -- it can't be easy for him to give a normal thumbs-up.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Mr. Pumroy posted:

but

He has tiny baby hands

the tiniest hands, he is massively insecure about it

Mainwaring
Jun 22, 2007

Disco is not dead! Disco is LIFE!

There are large groups of right wingers who don't like Trump very much. Continuous reminders of things like Benghazi are what will ensure that they still bother to turn out and vote against Clinton.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

HappyHippo posted:

haha we've probably got 8 more years of this poo poo

That makes a total of 13 years when we're all done with this, or will it just continue if there's a theoretical 3rd dem president in a row?

Jonked
Feb 15, 2005

Ostentatious posted:

You don't remember the 90s, do you

They still talk about Chappaquiddick like it means anything to anybody born after 1996

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Iron Crowned posted:

That makes a total of 13 years when we're all done with this, or will it just continue if there's a theoretical 3rd dem president in a row?

The only way to end it is to vote full ticket GOP.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I figured most republicans would be like "hmmm...who gIves a gently caress anymore" like the rest of the world

but then again I still get glared at on the street sometime so maybe they are still stuck in 50 years ago

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003

Iron Crowned posted:

the year is 2024, clinton is wrapping up her second term. the house, meanwhile, is wrapping up it's 87th congressional hearing on benghazi (they've still managed to find time to repeal obamacare 163 times). the house speaker assures the media that they wont stop until they get to "the truth," whether clinton is in office or not.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Jonked posted:

They still talk about Chappaquiddick like it means anything to anybody born after 1996

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Jonked posted:

I will be honest with you

Chappaquiddick sounds like a Harry Potter knockoff's version of Quidditch

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

HappyHippo posted:

the year is 2024, clinton is wrapping up her second term. the house, meanwhile, is wrapping up it's 87th congressional hearing on benghazi (they've still managed to find time to repeal obamacare 163 times). the house speaker assures the media that they wont stop until they get to "the truth," whether clinton is in office or not.

in the year 2060, republican candidate Senator Ben Ghazi Jr. will take stage, demanding answers from the democrats about who killed his father

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lmao

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

MEDS CURE SCHIZOS posted:

This isn't about swaying the general populace, it's about reminding their base that Hillary is the devil.

Probably the smartest decision we've seen from the GOP side in months.

And they would be better off saving the cash, honestly. If Trump is losing by the numbers we have seen (if those numbers are true), then the donors aren't going to help him at all. Nobody is going to toss cash to a scam artist without a chance in the world. This is the kind of poo poo that people point to in hindsight and mutter 'this is where it ended.'

Mainwaring posted:

There are large groups of right wingers who don't like Trump very much. Continuous reminders of things like Benghazi are what will ensure that they still bother to turn out and vote against Clinton.

I'm not so sure. It's one thing to say 'vote against this person,' but it also begs the question of why the Republican Party cannot stop her. This isn't an aberration: the last two GOP presidential nominees have had serious issues. And the party really hasn't done poo poo. And if Benghazi was such a big deal, then why hasn't the GOP been able to hang her on this? That's the problem with the GOP's method of conning their base, they really don't see that credibility fades when you can't win every once and a while. Losing to Obama is one thing, but losing to Clinton means they're weak and incapable of fighting.

Iron Crowned posted:

It depends on how the Democratic Party deals with the leftist/third way groups, honestly. But that's far in the future. Right now it seems that the Republicans are just collapsing and pissing off their voters.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

petit choux posted:

But why? Has he said anything that wasn't unqualified praise for the Donald since they took him on? If I were the tinfoil hat type I'd suspect his firing and immediate hiring at the world's biggest news corp combined with the fact that he's now acting as a publicist for the Don on their payroll instead of on his was a pretty good lateral move, and saves the Don a few grand for jet fuel for his daily commute.

lewandowski has been a trump campaign surrogate since he has been hired, in his debut appearance they attempted to get dirty laundry out of him and it went nowhere and every appearance since has had him versus an entire panel with him vehemently defending trump and trashing clinton

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

remember yesterday when some guy here said "Donald Trump is the Stronest Presidential Candidate in US History"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003

Karl Sharks posted:

in the year 2060, republican candidate Senator Ben Ghazi Jr. will take stage, demanding answers from the democrats about who killed his father

seeking answers, the committee once again compels hillary to testify

• Locked thread