Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dren
Jan 5, 2001

Pillbug

khy posted:

Any advice on how can I get better at tracking pharahs mid-air? I can counter almost any other class easily but I am always just the absolute worst at killing pharahs. I know it's me that's the problem and I want to fix it and get better.

Usually when I see a pharah up high I go S76 but I often feel unless I've ulted, when i start doing any appreciable damage to her she'll drop down somewhere out of my LOS and heal up. Lately i've been trying to McCree when I have this problem since his shots do higher damage and can take her down before she has a chance to escape.

A lot of the problem feels like since she's up high I can't aim for crits and thus have to whittle her down slowly which gives her too much time to escape and heal up. The other problem is when she's rocketing and concing me I cannot seem to keep my aim despite the lack of screen shake. Enemy pharahs seem to realize this and immediately go for me when they see me since I'm so easy to kill.

How can I not suck so much against her?

some options:
1. Be closer to her when you start shooting since S76's gun has spread and damage falloff and McCree's has damage falloff
2. Find some cover to duck behind if she sees you and shoots a rocket at you.
3. Shoot at her when she is distracted by an engagement with one of your teammates

There are some maps where she has really good vertical cover and it is hard to get at her effectively.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

it's me, I'm the offensive Reinhardt when things get hairy. I also love to be reinhardt on KOTH and swing through a swath of jerks. reindhardt owns always, especially when zenyatta is rapidfiring discord orbz at squishies for me to smush

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

khy posted:

People were posting their overwatch change wishlists a page or two back and I figured I'd share my thoughts because bored at work.

---

10) Reinhardt is fine right now, though I feel like giving his shield a small critbox (Perhaps not full headshot crit, but maybe something like 50% bonus) would help a lot of the more precision-based heroes (McCree, S76, et al) slightly more utility against him if their aim is good. Not enough to let them melt the shield alone or anything, but enough to encourage them to aim.

A crit zone may as well be the entire shield for Reinhardt, because everyone would just focus on the crit zone due to it being a nice easy stable target. Especially Bastions. The very easy counter for those characters is to just run through the shield and shoot him in the back. Either Reinhardt turns to face you, or drops his shield to swing the hammer. Either way, he's in trouble.

That said, I actually think his hammer needs to hit a little harder (just like 15-25% more of what it is now, maybe), because people are a little too fearless about running up into hammer range and it really feels like it's tapping shoulders instead of smashing skulls in sometimes.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

khy posted:

Any advice on how can I get better at tracking pharahs mid-air? I can counter almost any other class easily but I am always just the absolute worst at killing pharahs. I know it's me that's the problem and I want to fix it and get better.

Usually when I see a pharah up high I go S76 but I often feel unless I've ulted, when i start doing any appreciable damage to her she'll drop down somewhere out of my LOS and heal up. Lately i've been trying to McCree when I have this problem since his shots do higher damage and can take her down before she has a chance to escape.

A lot of the problem feels like since she's up high I can't aim for crits and thus have to whittle her down slowly which gives her too much time to escape and heal up. The other problem is when she's rocketing and concing me I cannot seem to keep my aim despite the lack of screen shake. Enemy pharahs seem to realize this and immediately go for me when they see me since I'm so easy to kill.

If she's down on the ground grabbing a healthpack, she's not shooting at your team. If she's not shooting at your team, she's not contributing to her team's game. If you can consistently force her out of the fight while also contributing damage against other opponents when she's not around, you've turned a 6v6 into a 6v5 and that's just fine.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

ImPureAwesome posted:

I play a lot of pharah, my banes in the air are widow, m1 mcrees, m2 meis, rhog hooks, soldier

I play her quite a lot. Mine are Widow, Bastion, and Torb turrets, nothing else is ever really an issue up in the air, except maybe a S76 ult, because 90% of people never actually look up. I can't recall ever having been hooked out of the sky by a Roadhog, just doesn't happen.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Semper Fudge posted:

I am the world's worst Reinhardt and any time I'm forced into the role it's likely to be a guaranteed loss.

I need any and all tips, hints, and secrets.

Resist the urge to charge. Only charge when there's a wall very close behind your target. Your hammer cleaves, and does 75 damage per swing. This is enough to knock the poo poo out of anyone who gets close to your shield.

Remember that people can and will walk through your shield to hit you. If they get close, smack them around a bit.t

Always be aware of who is behind your shield before you drop it for any reason, or this may happen:

https://gfycat.com/PertinentThreadbareGrayfox

^^

Yeah, you don't always need to secure the kill to make Pharah ineffective. If you plug her with a few good shots, she's going to drop immediately to go for health. While she's doing that, she's out of the game and as good as dead.

agent_wildflower
Sep 7, 2011

Semper Fudge posted:

I am the world's worst Reinhardt and any time I'm forced into the role it's likely to be a guaranteed loss.

Need to call the Blizzard Tips, Hints, and Secrets hotline at (1-900-288-0707). They charge per minute but it's very much worth it. I called and asked how to counter Bastion and they hung up on me.

Jokes on them, I'm the Bastion.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

khy posted:

Don't lay on the trigger. Soldier's gun starts to get inaccurate after the fourth round. Do a 4 round burst, release, another burst, release, etc. Over time it winds up being more damage because you hit more and better shots.

But if you're making her stop doing her job so she can run away and get healed, you're doing your job.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Countblanc posted:

Last week Zen earned the illustrious title of "only hero to see literally zero picks over 900 days points" in the invitational tournament according to Planet Overwatch. He could probably use some adjustments.

I wonder what they're actually gonna do with him because it seems obvious that they're gonna. they could give him more health I guess

or they could make him faster/make his useless alt fire charge faster/replace it entirely with a movement option. his damage is fine and I don't think the orbs need adjusting so making him more survivable seems like the way to go

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Manatee Cannon posted:

I wonder what they're actually gonna do with him because it seems obvious that they're gonna. they could give him more health I guess

or they could make him faster/make his useless alt fire charge faster/replace it entirely with a movement option. his damage is fine and I don't think the orbs need adjusting so making him more survivable seems like the way to go

My guess is increasing his health, buffing Transcendence (I think it giving a minor Speed Boost to all allies within it would be good), and reducing Discord's bonus.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I'm having problems tracking people with Zarya's beam, on kill cams it looks like I'm pointing everywhere but the character that killed me.
I'm using a $2 mouse, would a better one help me? Is there any truth in the hype behind gaming accessories? Or is this just a case of gitgud?

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Countblanc posted:

Last week Zen earned the illustrious title of "only hero to see literally zero picks over 900 days points" in the invitational tournament according to Planet Overwatch. He could probably use some adjustments.

As a counter-point I'll point out that I played Zenyatta in a pub and got 2 gold medals.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Semper Fudge posted:

On Offense, you Defend. On Defense, you Attack.

No, seriously.

Most of your guys will find their own cover, leaving you free to Charge at an enemy group and scatter them. Be a big fat target in their midst (or better still, behind them), and break their focus away from your buddies to give them a bunch of easy targets to shoot in the back. You should still cover your buddies as-needed of course, but you've got more wiggle-room to let loose and be aggressive. Even if you die, you've still been an unignorable pest in their midst eating valuable time.

Ddraig posted:

Resist the urge to charge. Only charge when there's a wall very close behind your target. Your hammer cleaves, and does 75 damage per swing. This is enough to knock the poo poo out of anyone who gets close to your shield.

Remember that people can and will walk through your shield to hit you. If they get close, smack them around a bit.t

Always be aware of who is behind your shield before you drop it for any reason, or this may happen:

https://gfycat.com/PertinentThreadbareGrayfox

To add to this, learn how to angle your shield. Don't turn it to take a fresh incoming line of fire head-on dead-center, angle the edge of your Shield to take it instead so you're still holding off the first attacker as well. Also unless you're hosed for Health and Shield power anyway (or have a really good moment where you don't need to immediately assist a push in on the Point or Payload), your only job is to cover your buddies. Don't go charging off or you're just leaving them out in the open to die.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
Tried my hand at Reinhardt for the first time in a pub game on Gibraltar. I should have known better of course but with a Mercy, Mcree and and so on playing backup the standard shield push should have been fine.

Literally everyone tries to flank on their own, dies instantly, and leaves me to be repeatedly, helplessly murdered by a Tracer. I'll know better for next time at least. :negative:

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

I did basically this exact thing one of my first real games as Rein and I felt like poo poo for like an hour after lol

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That said, I actually think his hammer needs to hit a little harder (just like 15-25% more of what it is now, maybe), because people are a little too fearless about running up into hammer range and it really feels like it's tapping shoulders instead of smashing skulls in sometimes.

His hammer does 75 damage per swing.

You can two-shot Zenyatta, Tracer, and D.Va (pilot). If they have shields they become 3-shots.

You can 3-shot Genji, McCree, S76, Pharah, Symmetra, Hanzo, Junkrat, Torb (Without armor), Widow, Lucio, and Mercy. (Even with symmetra shields)

His hammer attacks 1 time per second. If you hammer + Firestrike you can do 175 damage between the two, in less than a second.

That feels fairly strong to me, if you mix up normal hits + Firestrike for the quick burst you can take down most classes very, very quickly.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

gmq posted:

I'm having problems tracking people with Zarya's beam, on kill cams it looks like I'm pointing everywhere but the character that killed me.
I'm using a $2 mouse, would a better one help me? Is there any truth in the hype behind gaming accessories? Or is this just a case of gitgud?

Zarya's beam is hard to aim. Look at the reticle, not the beam. Also sometimes the reticle will be on someone and it won't register because of the tickrate.

A better mouse will help a little, but not enough if you're bad. No judgments, I'm bad too. You can probably help yourself more by lowering your mouse sensitivity and "aiming" your beam more by strafing around than by wiggling your mouse.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

gmq posted:

Is there any truth in the hype behind gaming accessories? Or is this just a case of gitgud?

Yes to both but probably more of the second. Use her beam only at close range.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

khy posted:

You can two-shot Zenyatta, Tracer, and D.Va (pilot). If they have shields they become 3-shots.

You can 3-shot Genji, McCree, S76, Pharah, Symmetra, Hanzo, Junkrat, Torb (Without armor), Widow, Lucio, and Mercy. (Even with symmetra shields)

His hammer attacks 1 time per second. If you hammer + Firestrike you can do 175 damage between the two, in less than a second.

That feels fairly strong to me, if you mix up normal hits + Firestrike for the quick burst you can take down most classes very, very quickly.

In a vacuum where they're standing still, sure, but in reality they just outrun you and keep shooting back while grabbing the nearest health pickup. Armor halves that to 35 damage on its own, so good luck killing Roadhog at all. If something comes in Hammer range, it should not be because they think they can get away with it.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

NTRabbit posted:

I play her quite a lot. Mine are Widow, Bastion, and Torb turrets, nothing else is ever really an issue up in the air, except maybe a S76 ult, because 90% of people never actually look up. I can't recall ever having been hooked out of the sky by a Roadhog, just doesn't happen.

The only time I have issues with turrets and bastion is if I don't know they are there or a widow is overlapping the angle I'd use to corner poke it otherwise you eat them for breakfast.

I don't know what to say about hooks other than their pretty constant threat for me. maybe it's cause I'm fairly aggressive or don't like to hang out super high for very long to avoid sightlines

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

khy posted:

Any advice on how can I get better at tracking pharahs mid-air?

remember that if she's up in the air, she can't go anywhere quickly other than down, and there's no benefit to shooting the torso versus the pinky toe. aim below center mass, so if she does drop you have more time to react and she falls into headshots. if she's enough of a wizard that she knows how to pulse her jets and conc missile to weave vertically you will have a Bad Time but you can still pressure her enough and then run back to heal

if she doesn't know you're there, take the extra half second to line up a solid rocket barrage

and remember that even if you aren't particularly accurate and can never actually kill her, if you're putting pressure on the pharah any time she pops her head up she'll have to play a LOT lower and safer, which drastically reduces how effective she can be and allows for far more heroes to blow her out of the sky. if there's a good soldier on the team i will not feel forced to change, but i'll suddenly have to care about where junkrat or reaper are

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Armor halves that to 35 damage on its own, so good luck killing Roadhog at all.

:confused:

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Snostorm posted:

Any console users (particularly PS4) use SharQ or Scuf controllers? I badly need to jump and aim for this game, and controller paddles seem the way to go. Reviews online are pretty negative on the build quality of the Scufs, and SharQs seem pretty positive so far.

If you want to try it out before dropping a buck, I've had very good luck moving jump to L1 and moving the old L1 to L3 on some characters. Lucio works really well that way, Genji is much better as well. I'm not sure it's a great solution for every character, though. I could see having flash on L3 could muck with McCree. Having "Me Bubble/You Bubble" not on L1/R1 would probably mess with my head playing Zarya.

Ahhpple
Dec 18, 2011

gmq posted:

Lower your sensitivity

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

In a vacuum where they're standing still, sure, but in reality they just outrun you and keep shooting back while grabbing the nearest health pickup. Armor halves that to 35 damage on its own, so good luck killing Roadhog at all. If something comes in Hammer range, it should not be because they think they can get away with it.

That's not how armor works. The reduction is capped at -5 damage per hit, and Reinhardt's hammer is one hit.

gmq posted:

Less than 800 dpi -> 800 dpi is a noticeable upgrade but a) even most non-gaming mice made in this century are probably up to that standard already and b) even if not the effect is pretty small compared to "use a lower sensitivity" and "practice, a lot."

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jun 29, 2016

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Pollyzoid posted:

From couple pages back.

Doesn't Bastion already damage himself with the splash? I've definitely had a Bastion or two kill themselves on me with their ult (really close range though).

It doesn't feel like he does. Maybe it's because all self-inflicted splash damage in the game feels way too low. Junkrats and Bastions should be taking about as much damage as their direct hit targets when they hit themselves at close proximity, except in the case of Junkrat's mine jump because that is part of the hero. He should still probably take a little bit of damage even from that, though.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I don't main Rein so perhaps I don't see the issue the same way as a player who plays him more, but when I go rein I never had much of a problem with roadhogs. If your shield is up his hook is useless, if he's pushing forward to get past the shield he'll be directly in front of you for your charge (And that's half his health right there). His hammer feels like it hits like a truck, and I never have issues killing squishies with it. I can't kill tanks or really mobile heroes, but then nobody's good against every hero out there.

My single biggest problem with Rein is when I am pushing with my shield and my teammates decide that standing behind a shield to attack is for losers and they'd much rather flank. It makes me shed a single chrome tear.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

ImPureAwesome posted:

I don't know what to say about hooks other than their pretty constant threat for me. maybe it's cause I'm fairly aggressive or don't like to hang out super high for very long to avoid sightlines

I'm quite aggresive, and I spend a lot of time high up in the air because, as I said, nobody ever looks up. I can be in the middle of a ground firefight, hit the jump button, and no longer exist anymore, free to rain down rockets on everyone unable to comprehend three dimensions. In my experience, the only pubs who consistently look up are Bastions and Widows - Bastion will basically make you evaporate before you know it's there, and will always kill you the first time, more often if it's a Bastion who shoots and scoots, Torb turrets see you automatically and you lose 3/4 of your health before getting out of sight again, and Widows usually make it a two shot.

Roadhog's are never anything more than an easy way to charge my missile barrage - fat hitbox, slow, unshielded, totally unable to shoot me back even if they do see me, easy meat.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jun 29, 2016

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Armor only halves if the shot's damage is 10 or less. If it's more than 10, it takes 10 off the top and the rest goes through. Armor makes the hammer do 65, not 35. Also Roadhog doesn't get armor without help? :psyduck:

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

khy posted:

Plus the hammer has the 2nd or 3rd worst hitbox in the game after Hanzo's arrows which results in too much range. It definitely doesn't need a buff.

BabyRyoga fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jun 29, 2016

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Armour reduces damage by half but caps at 5 per hit. So anything that deals more than 10 damage per hit isn't reduced by half. If Reinhardt's hammer does 75 damage, armour would only reduce that by 5 to 70 damage.

Armour only shines against things that deal low damage per hit and have falloff. So a D.Va's fusion cannon isn't very strong against armour, but Widowmaker's charged shots are barely affected.

Also Roadhog doesn't have armor

Slowpoke! fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Jun 29, 2016

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

An interesting buff proposal I saw for Zenyatta was that if he has both of his orbs running, he would go into a "balanced" state, giving him a defensive boost. This would incentivize and enable him to spend more time in the fray. Doesn't mess with his kit or concept, but could resolve his fragility in an interesting way.

As for a D.Va buff, one thing that might be nice is if her boost ran on a fuel gauge like Pharah, or could be stacked like Tracer's blinks. That way, if she closes in on a sniper, she'd have another boost in the tank instantly, rather than 5 seconds later, to chase them when they start running.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

NTRabbit posted:

I'm quite aggresive, and I spend a lot of time high up in the air because, as I said, nobody ever looks up. I can be in the middle of a ground firefight, hit the jump button, and no longer exist anymore, free to rain down rockets on everyone unable to comprehend three dimensions. In my experience, the only pubs who consistently look up are Bastions and Widows - Bastion will basically make you evaporate before you know it's there, and will always kill you the first time, more often if it's a Bastion who shoots and scoots, Torb turrets see you automatically and you lose 3/4 of your health before getting out of sight again, and Widows usually make it a two shot.

Roadhog's are never anything more than an easy way to charge my missile barrage - fat hitbox, slow, unshielded, totally unable to shoot me back even if they do see me, easy meat.

I think you may just prefer hang out higher than I do on average so we have different threats. I tend to hang out at 2nd story height unless I'm trying to get behind kings row A first gate or numbani A bus defense

khy
Aug 15, 2005

BabyRyoga posted:

Plus the hammer has the 2nd or 3rd worst hitbox in the game after Hanzo's arrows which results in too much range. It definitely doesn't need a buff.

The range of the hammer is 5 meters - 15 feet. It looks like it shouldn't reach that far, but it sure as hell does. It has the exact same range as Genji's ult, but does 45 less damage per hit.

Armor is best against rapid-firing, low-damage weapons and shotgun-style weapons as they knock off 5 damage per hit. Reaper's shotgun blast, point blank, against a non-critbox does 140 damage to a roadhog because each pellet does 10 damage. Same hit on a D.Va does 70 damage as each pellet is reduced.

Whereas a Reinhardt melee does 75 damage to the hog, and 70 to D.Va.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Based on my sample size of 1, post-placement games are a million times better. I didn't have a single Placement game as good as this. Things felt relatively even, there were no obvious idiots, and people were civil and on mics.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Countblanc posted:

Why does every hero need to be picked by pros? Zen is fun, he can save the defense sometimes, that's all.

The problem with eSports as a concept is that everyone thinks every character needs to be valuable among the highest skilled people, and if the highest skilled people see something as useless then a balance patch needs to be issued. I had a lot of fun with unbalanced, untuned games in the 90s. Like the first competitive gaming titles like Quake 1/3/UT etc had a god tier rocket launcher and everything else was secondary, and those games were still incredibly fun for non-pros.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

That would basically destroy the majority of flankers who try to out-strafe him (Tracer, Lucio, etc.) As a big Lucio player who likes to run up to Rein and push him out of the way, I already die in like two hammer hits even if I get a boosted heal off.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jun 29, 2016

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

khy posted:

The range of the hammer is 5 meters - 15 feet. It looks like it shouldn't reach that far, but it sure as hell does. It has the exact same range as Genji's ult, but does 45 less damage per hit.

Armor is best against rapid-firing, low-damage weapons and shotgun-style weapons as they knock off 5 damage per hit. Reaper's shotgun blast, point blank, against a non-critbox does 140 damage to a roadhog because each pellet does 10 damage. Same hit on a D.Va does 70 damage as each pellet is reduced.

Whereas a Reinhardt melee does 75 damage to the hog, and 70 to D.Va.

You're right, his hammer is plenty strong and the radius is plenty big. He can also turn to the left start swinging and turn right and swing more than 180 degrees in front of him.

I think reins hammer is almost TOO strong with the range it has and the turning swings. He's plenty dangerous up close.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Craptacular! posted:

Why does every hero need to be picked by pros? Zen is fun, he can save the defense sometimes, that's all.

The problem with eSports as a concept is that everyone thinks every character needs to be valuable among the highest skilled people, and if the highest skilled people see something as useless then a balance patch needs to be issued. I had a lot of fun with unbalanced, untuned games in the 90s. Like the first competitive gaming titles like Quake 1/3/UT etc had a god tier rocket launcher and everything else was secondary, and those games were still incredibly fun for non-pros.

Because it sucks to invest time getting better at something only to discover that the time was wasted, and because the more options you have to be a good player, the more styles of play are valid, the more interesting it is to watch -- you can have competition between people with very different skillsets, weighted approximately the same even though they're asymmetrical, and that's cool.

I mean, you're not completely wrong; Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for example has a cast of 56 characters, about 8 of whom are viable in high-level play. It works as a competitive game because fighting games are much more complex on a per-character basis and those eight characters are very well-balanced against each other. (Also you pick three of them for your team and they interact in interesting ways.) But what you're describing isn't a "problem" -- it has no real gameplay downside. It's just a resource- and testing-intensive process.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

I mean, you're not completely wrong; Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for example has a cast of 56 characters, about 8 of whom are viable in high-level play. It works as a competitive game because fighting games are much more complex on a per-character basis and those eight characters are very well-balanced against each other. (Also you pick three of them for your team and they interact in interesting ways.) But what you're describing isn't a "problem" -- it has no real gameplay downside. It's just a resource- and testing-intensive process.

I just liked to be the tentacle monster and use the chaos dimension ult on the japanese schoolgirls.

There's nothing explicit but it's IMPLIED, you know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
If there is nobody behind Reinhart, the only reason for Reinhart to have his shield up is to protect himself while he maneuvers into position for an aggressive play. Reinhart isn't just walking cover - he can deal some serious burst damage and get out of surprisingly tough spots as long as he doesn't get completely focused down. The key is to look at what your flanky team is doing - if they're all just playing grab-rear end on the wrong end of the map, you're screwed no matter who you're playing, but if your team's flankers are actually attacking the enemies and at least putting a little bit of pressure on them, it's a pretty good bet the enemies aren't going to bother paying enough attention to Reinhart. He can't solo the whole enemy team, but if he charges into the middle of an ongoing fight, he can take out one person with the charge, pick off any weakened people with a swing or two, and have a decent chance of getting out of it alive if he's not alone out there (if he gets surrounded and focused on he'll die quick, but his high HP and shield can protect him from anything less than people's full attention).

BabyRyoga posted:

It doesn't feel like he does. Maybe it's because all self-inflicted splash damage in the game feels way too low. Junkrats and Bastions should be taking about as much damage as their direct hit targets when they hit themselves at close proximity, except in the case of Junkrat's mine jump because that is part of the hero. He should still probably take a little bit of damage even from that, though.

Like Torbjorn, Bastion gets a ton of extra armor in tank form, so he can take a lot more punishment than normal