Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big boi
Jun 11, 2007

Tae posted:

Because the percentage cap only matters if you're maxing someone out.

Anderson is expected to get paid 18 mill because the market is horrible for anyone decent after first 6-7 guys are off the table.

The market is pretty loving good if you're Ryan Anderson or Harrison Barnes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
https://twitter.com/ZachLowe_NBA/status/748162153396510720

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

dokmo posted:

I know this is late but holy poo poo is Dion Waiters bad.

Yes.

dokmo posted:

33% on threes over the last two seasons. Shot 50% at the rim, which is 4th worst in 2015-16. Holds the ball longer than Monta Ellis. Moves slower on the court than Brook Lopez.

:drat:

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Waiters is destined to be in Philly. It makes too much sense.

Sigh.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I hope this whole Thon Maker thing ends when it turns out that there was just another tall kid named Thon Maker that went to the same school as Thon Maker but was just a few years ahead of him and it turns out that all the scouts that dropped him off their boards got fooled by some old yearbooks.

il serpente cosmico
May 15, 2003

Best five bucks I've ever spend.
This whole, "Wade is contemplating leaving" thing is just a play by his agent to get a max from Miami, right?

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I forget the consensus on Harden after the '12 finals but it sounds really similar to Harrison Barnes now. Young high draft pick bench guy on a team of stars who has a lovely finals and is going to get massively overpaid by some team who will regret it. Except Harden ended up being real loving good.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

euphronius posted:

Waiters is destined to be in Philly. It makes too much sense.

Sigh.

Pray for Crabbe.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm pretty sure the consensus was wtf Presti why would you trade Harden

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

nachos posted:

I forget the consensus on Harden after the '12 finals but it sounds really similar to Harrison Barnes now. Young high draft pick bench guy on a team of stars who has a lovely finals and is going to get massively overpaid by some team who will regret it. Except Harden ended up being real loving good.

Harden was much much better at that point than Barnes is now.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
If the Sixers got Barnes and Crabbe that'd be cool. They aren't gonna be able to attract big name free agents anyway for a while. Spend that money.

Dion should stay in OKC. Please.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

nachos posted:

Nah Harden was considered a good rising star and a lot of people thought it was bizarre that Presti traded him for spare parts.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler

nachos posted:

Harden can dribble though.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Harden won the 6th man award almost unanimously I'm pretty sure everyone thought he was really good.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

Harden won the 6th man award almost unanimously I'm pretty sure everyone thought he was really good.

2012 was so fun

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

I thought OKC was just too cheap to re-sign him for what he'd want and got something out of a trade rather than nothing after he'd walk.

e: i also remember people genuinely debating whether he or ibaka were better, lol

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jun 29, 2016

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
I'd say it was like 70/30 Harden will be good/Harden sucks. I distinctly remember someone saying "this is Trevor Ariza all over again" although it turned out that Trevor Ariza was Trevor Ariza all over again

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Shear Modulus posted:

I thought OKC was just too cheap to re-sign him for what he'd want and got something out of a trade rather than nothing after he'd walk.

e: i also remember people genuinely debating whether he or ibaka were better, lol

Harden was a better player ibaka was more important to the team I'm still deeply sadden about the loss of serge

chunkles posted:

I'd say it was like 70/30 Harden will be good/Harden sucks. I distinctly remember someone saying "this is Trevor Ariza all over again" although it turned out that Trevor Ariza was Trevor Ariza all over again

That would mean Harden would play defense though

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

If Harden doesn't play defense how does he end up touching so many dicks

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Meeks to the Magic for a 2019 second round pick: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources--pistons-trade-jodie-meeks-173815542.html

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

If Harden doesn't play defense how does he end up touching so many dicks

They don't call it an offense for nothing

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Pray for Crabbe.

The 3 teams chasing Crabbe are the Kings, the 76ers and the Nets.

Pray for Crabbe indeed.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

IcePhoenix posted:

People thought Harden was good but no one cares even a little bit about the 6th man award.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Nice

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
https://twitter.com/AdamZagoria/status/748193416555683840

Shear Modulus posted:

I think most people thought Ibaka wasn't better, but was harder to replace for the team they had, which was probably true. OKC needed a defensive presence who could stretch the floor more than they needed another ball-dominant perimeter player.

I didn't think Harden was worth the max because I thought a lot of what he did was because of Durant and Westbrook. I'll happily admit I'm wrong, but a team like OKC couldn't keep everyone and be like 4 years deep in repeater tax right now.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

nachos posted:

The consensus was that James Harden was really loving good at basketball, which is to say it was the opposite of what Harrison barnes is right now.

Boosh!
Apr 12, 2002
Oven Wrangler
https://twitter.com/ChrisWittyngham/status/747836730775060482

We all gettin paid!

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Sixers should just say gently caress it and offer Lin and Crabbe each 1 year for $25 million.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

So shity garbage bench warmers are getting 10 million a year?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Paul Zuvella posted:

So shity garbage bench warmers are getting 10 million a year?

Nah Waiters is going to get like 20

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Good

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Please don't insult downhill Dion his intent is good and pure

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/748150305229938689

Should the Bulls make a play for him? What would it take?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Sixers should just say gently caress it and offer Lin and Crabbe each 1 year for $25 million.

Lin is getting like 16 million annual/4 years from some desperate team like the Kings because the point guard market is absolute garbage when Conley gets maxed back by the Grizzlies.

Lockback posted:

I didn't think Harden was worth the max because I thought a lot of what he did was because of Durant and Westbrook. I'll happily admit I'm wrong, but a team like OKC couldn't keep everyone and be like 4 years deep in repeater tax right now.

They could've just waited another year and then amnesty Perkins or something. There was no real reason why that trio couldn't stay together other than owners panicking way too early.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Cap question. If Durant signs a 1-year deal with another team, they'd have to free up cap space to pay him the following season because they wouldn't have his bird rights, right? And if he doesn't do a 1-year deal he'd be leaving like $85 million on the table. I know he wants to win but I just can't fathom a scenario where he didn't sign a 1-year deal with the Thunder.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Niwrad posted:

Cap question. If Durant signs a 1-year deal with another team, they'd have to free up cap space to pay him the following season because they wouldn't have his bird rights, right? And if he doesn't do a 1-year deal he'd be leaving like $85 million on the table. I know he wants to win but I just can't fathom a scenario where he didn't sign a 1-year deal with the Thunder.

That's why most salary cap analysts are saying the 1+1 is only with the Thunder and why he's likely not leaving, because his first two options are both on the Thunder.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Niwrad posted:

You can do a 1+1, then sign another with the early bird rights at the early bird raise. A guy like Durant won't sign a 1 year with another team.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Niwrad posted:

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/status/748150305229938689

Should the Bulls make a play for him? What would it take?

Burke was one of my favorite recent college players but I think he's still a fringe-level NBA talent. He is only 23 though and point guards tend to need a few extra years. It's either the next team that gets him will get a great point guard or he will probably remain a bit underwhelming.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Rockets couldn't beat this? Reuniting Meeks with D'Antoni would be best for everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Trey Burke isn't "a little underwhelming," he's loving trash and I'd happily take just about anything for him

MourningView fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jun 29, 2016

• Locked thread