Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Carth Dookie posted:

Only once the Parkinsons took hold.

T-t-t-t-t--t-t-the

/me shakes head slightly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Elsa posted:

T-t-t-t-t--t-t-the

/me shakes head slightly

MILLENNIUM HAND AND SHRIMP!

God drat I haven't read anything Discworld in years. Looks like I'll have to go and dust off the ol' bookcase.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

vulvamancer posted:

Since when were we exclusive?

Looks like someone found out that virtually nobody in the MBC actually gave a poo poo about doxxing, Mittani being drunk at fanfest, crappy books, crappy beards or anything else. For a few people it was about revenge but for the rest it was about sweet sweet isk, or simply bandwagoning.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Carth Dookie posted:

The first couple are kinda raw but definitely set the tone and he gets into a serious groove up until about the 25th book or so. After that it all goes a little downhill, which is sad, but not surprising.

Personal highlights:

Thief of Time
Hogfather
The Truth
Going Postal
Carpe Jugulum
The Lost Continent
Jingo
The Fifth Elephant

those aren't in any particular order. Thief of Time, The Truth and the Fifth Elephant are probably my favorites though.

Dude, Night Watch was the best book in his entire run. Also I don't see Small Gods in that list.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Carth Dookie posted:

Only once the Parkinsons took hold.

alzheimers and he killed himself over it

also the witches set of books are generally pooptier compared to the rest, name night watch series and rincewind set which was tragically short in comparison to the effort wasted on the witches

like not all of the witches books are bad but the bad ones are so bad it brings down the average real hard

the only hard and fast rule of reading discworld books is this: read the first two first, they're less well put together than later books and do an incredible job of putting the world together to the point you can follow the rest

second rule is read the industrial revolution set in order because they do make some callbacks to moist's prior adventures

FruitNYogurtParfait fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jun 29, 2016

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

His family is claiming that he didn't. Or at least they were. Considering his public advocacy for doing it if it was needed I can't see them denying it if he succeeded.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
I did all the disworld books about two years ago. My favourite has to be "feet of clay"

Especially the gnome who happens to be the best rat catcher in the city because he is so small that he can follow them into mouse holes and hunts vermin using a crossbow.

I didn't care for many of the witch books though I think they improved greatly when Tiffany Aching became the main character. I love the Feegles and their antics.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jun 29, 2016

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Xolve posted:

CO2 welping carriers like no other. GigX logs are going to be :fap: worthy.

"get sucked tard"
-GigX 2016

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

also the witches set of books are generally pooptier compared to the rest, name night watch series and rincewind set which was tragically short in comparison to the effort wasted on the witches

like not all of the witches books are bad but the bad ones are so bad it brings down the average real hard

the only hard and fast rule of reading discworld books is this: read the first two first, they're less well put together than later books and do an incredible job of putting the world together to the point you can follow the rest

second rule is read the industrial revolution set in order because they do make some callbacks to moist's prior adventures

I know what you're talking about because of this chart

And the alzheimer's suicide sucks. I'm pretty sure dementia will get me and my plan is to have my artworks around so I can continue working on them without having to constantly ask what the gently caress is going on. Unlike a written work where you really need to keep track of where you left off. For an artist their artwork is as familiar as their own face in the mirror.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Rhymenoserous posted:

His family is claiming that he didn't. Or at least they were. Considering his public advocacy for doing it if it was needed I can't see them denying it if he succeeded.

because its illegal and stupid and the uk is stupid

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
the tiffany aching books were for actual children and were the worst things he did, the DEATH set was amazing though

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

the tiffany aching books were for actual children and were the worst things he did, the DEATH set was amazing though

Snuff/Unseen Academicals and everything beyond were borderline unreadable, a strong editor could probably fix them.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
no they werent are you just being angelique at me here

vulvamancer
Oct 2, 2006

Yes! It all makes sense! We may be freaks, but we're freaks with teeth, and claws, and magic wands! And together, we can stand up to Farquaad!

Oodles posted:

When's the next podcast Asher?

I was waiting for something to talk about but now with all the pieces moving it seems like I'll do one pretty soon.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

no they werent are you just being angelique at me here

no? Those books mark the point where he switched to dragon dictate due to typing being exhausting/hard for him, and there's a notable dip in quality. You can't even compare Snuff to Night watch, or even Thudd in terms of writing quality. Internal monologues went from being pointed views into the internal thoughts of the characters to these quagmires that rambled on for pages and pages at a time.

There's a lot of discussion about the lack of editorial quality in his last few books here on SA in the book barn thread, so I'm definitely not the only one who noticed it.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

She used her little brother as river bait and then bashed a monsters skull in with a cast iron frying pan.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Rhymenoserous posted:

no? Those books mark the point where he switched to dragon dictate due to typing being exhausting/hard for him, and there's a notable dip in quality. You can't even compare Snuff to Night watch, or even Thudd in terms of writing quality. Internal monologues went from being pointed views into the internal thoughts of the characters to these quagmires that rambled on for pages and pages at a time.

There's a lot of discussion about the lack of editorial quality in his last few books here on SA in the book barn thread, so I'm definitely not the only one who noticed it.

comparing anything to night watch is incredibly unfair to whatever isnt night watch

also i imagine the book forum is like the movie forum and its populated by people that care deeply about the smell of their own farts

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

lol if you don't enjoy your own brand

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Anderron Shi posted:

"get sucked tard"
-GigX 2016

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

vyst posted:

lol if you don't enjoy your own brand

before you had your silly putty cut off did you position yourself in such a way as to trap most of your farts and channel them up towards your face

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
actually dont answer that, its canon now

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

If this thread were any gayer, I'd pay Chuck Tingle to write a book about it. I love you all.

Also, I am channeling my inner VideoGames atm -- the very first timed challenge I got from the Serpentis event was to mine 100,000 Scordite. So I'm AFK orbiting a few rocks in highsec in a quickly-put-together Procurer while I eat my breakfast :(

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ullerrm posted:

If this thread were any gayer, I'd pay Chuck Tingle to write a book about it.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
Did you really invoke Chuck Tingle without suggesting a book name? Total party foul. I'm a bit partial to something like "How I learned to love the Apocalypse, by being pounded in the butt with one."

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Nobody in this thread could ever aspire to the amazing talent for title creation that Chuck Tingle possesses.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Today's comedy of errors:

* Got a limited-availability Shadow of Serpent challenge: Mine 100,000 scordite in one hour
* Throw together a buffer-tanked 2xDDA procurer and hop into 93PI to start chewing rocks, am largely AFK for 20+ minutes
* Less than five minutes after coming back from AFK, I get jumped by a pilgrim and rapier from CE
* Put drones on the rapier, he warps out after exhausting his XLASB charges
* Pull drones, deaggress, drop mobile depot. Swap DDAs for WCSes.
* Warp off from pilgrim's scram to station
* GF in local
* Repair, return in a bit, and finish mining with no further attempts at molestation
* Hit the 100,000 unit mark with 4 minutes to spare :D

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

The Shortest Path posted:

Nobody in this thread could ever aspire to the amazing talent for title creation that Chuck Tingle possesses.

Pounded in the Butt By My Own Butt

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

I never heard of Chuck Tingle so i googled it and was not disappointed

+1 copy of Pounded in the Butt

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Actual quote from the author: "I just like to think about how love is real for all who kiss, and sometimes that leads to other things like pounding inside a butt. ... It’s not gay if it’s a man and a dinosaur with abs, or maybe a jet plane, and that’s okay too -- everyone kisses sometimes."

Orange Red Bull posted:

+1 copy of Pounded in the Butt

Don't forget his sequels:

* Pounded In The Butt By My Book "Pounded In The Butt By My Own Butt" (Mar 29, 2015)
* Pounded In The Butt By My Book "Pounded In The Butt By My Book 'Pounded In The Butt By My Own Butt'" (Dec 5, 2015)
* Pounded In The Butt By My Book "Pounded In The Butt By My Book 'Pounded In The Butt By My Book "Pounded In The Butt By My Own Butt"'" (Jan 18, 2016)
* Pounded In The Butt By My Book "Pounded In The Butt By My Book 'Pounded In The Butt By My Book "Pounded In The Butt By My Book 'Pounded In The Butt By My Own Butt'"'" (May 8, 2016)

And his most recent erotic masterpiece, which went up for sale on the Kindle Store, a mere five days ago: Pounded By The Pound: Turned Gay By The Socioeconomic Implications Of Britain Leaving The European Union.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I should try the new event. Other than the standard low amount of SP and cosmetic junk, is there anything special you get?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Unfunny Poster posted:

I should try the new event. Other than the standard low amount of SP and cosmetic junk, is there anything special you get?

if you grind hard enough you can get a BPC for the overpriced dread

also a random chance at the armor +rep implants, which if they stay implemented as is will turn certain ships into utter monsters

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Landsknecht posted:

also a random chance at the armor +rep implants, which if they stay implemented as is will turn certain ships into utter monsters

Oh look I'm not the only person who thought that was a loving terrible idea.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

ullerrm posted:

Today's comedy of errors:

* Got a limited-availability Shadow of Serpent challenge: Mine 100,000 scordite in one hour
* Throw together a buffer-tanked 2xDDA procurer and hop into 93PI to start chewing rocks, am largely AFK for 20+ minutes
* Less than five minutes after coming back from AFK, I get jumped by a pilgrim and rapier from CE
* Put drones on the rapier, he warps out after exhausting his XLASB charges
* Pull drones, deaggress, drop mobile depot. Swap DDAs for WCSes.
* Warp off from pilgrim's scram to station
* GF in local
* Repair, return in a bit, and finish mining with no further attempts at molestation
* Hit the 100,000 unit mark with 4 minutes to spare :D

I passed that Rapier / Curse combo just now, they're still there. I hope they get pounded in the butt.

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Baculus posted:

Oh look I'm not the only person who thought that was a loving terrible idea.

just wait until people start flying gimmick dualrep proteii in lowsec and make more wave of mutilation videos

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I'm expecting Myrms :shrug:

HABIT questionnaire item number 12:

You are on a gate in nullsec in a gang of 25 cancer interceptors. An Onyx decloaks and burns back to gate. What should you do?

If you're a Goon and you said everyone should aggress instead of sending someone through to catch it on the other side, you win! https://zkillboard.com/kill/54859645/

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
number 13:

You are on the same gate and the FC says half of you should have jumped through for that Onyx, but good job anyway. An Ishkur decloaks and burns back to the gate. What do you do?

If you're a Goon and you said everyone in fleet should aggress instead of doing what FC JUST advised, you win! https://zkillboard.com/kill/54859667/

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Elsa posted:

You are on a gate in nullsec in a gang of 25 cancer interceptors. An Onyx decloaks and burns back to gate. What should you do?

If you're a Goon and you said everyone should aggress instead of sending someone through to catch it on the other side, you win! https://zkillboard.com/kill/54859645/

RLML Onyx with a 36km scram will absolutely loving murder a solo inty in the ~45 seconds it takes for everyone to deaggress. Gotta send through like half the gang, not just one inty.

(Also, jesus, that's a terrible fit, wtf TEST)

e: Also, wasn't HABIT the corp that ended up falling for a scam and giving their entire corp wallet to an RPer?

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

ullerrm posted:

RLML Onyx with a 36km scram will absolutely loving murder a solo inty in the ~45 seconds it takes for everyone to deaggress. Gotta send through like half the gang, not just one inty.

(Also, jesus, that's a terrible fit, wtf TEST)

e: Also, wasn't HABIT the corp that ended up falling for a scam and giving their entire corp wallet to an RPer?

I didn't understand where all the fitting went until I exported the zkillboard fit to EFT. It should have lived through the crash but for some reason it overshot the gate by 4km before dying. It was definitely in range of activating the gate.

Baculus
Oct 25, 2007

I DID A BIG CACA IN MY DRUG STORE DIAPER

Landsknecht posted:

just wait until people start flying gimmick dualrep proteii in lowsec and make more wave of mutilation videos

Cue lovely comedy movie trailer voice-over guy:

If you thought the Regen-gu was hilarious, wait til you get a load of the Rep-teous! It's completely rep-tarded!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
ullerm is already owning in a dual rep Vexor so I don't see why you'd want to go to a Proteus that has so much buffer you'd be better off with a Fax than a local rep. People tend to not fight you if you're in something with an obvious active rep tank like an Eos.

• Locked thread