Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who Would Win In a Fight?
This poll is closed.
Goku 59 31.38%
Luffy 15 7.98%
Ichigo 10 5.32%
Rina, from Idolmaster Cinderella Girls 104 55.32%
Total: 188 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Sakurazuka posted:

What's Amazons?

Kamen Rider Amazons is a TV show about a team of dudes who kill people that turn into monsters after an industrial accident

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Oh

I was hoping for something about actual Amazons

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

lol

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Sakurazuka posted:

Oh

I was hoping for something about actual Amazons

There was a Kamen Rider Amazon in the 80s

but now there's multiple Amazons

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

Lemon-Lime posted:

Don't make me Fantasia to a potato, kitten. Don't you dare.

You should, because they're cute and good.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Simulacra posted:

You should, because they're cute and good.

It's true, but then I'd have to buy a fantasia and a namechange.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

hello, my good friends from anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

hello, my good friends from anime chat thread 14: this one probably won't get to 2000+ pages

hello friend duck

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

we're at P already? how many touhous did i even miss?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

a cartoon duck posted:

I don't know who you are, now that your av is bad.

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/kubomi46/status/714469552147419136/photo/1

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

REVENGE

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Lemon-Lime posted:

I don't know who you are, now that your av is bad.

please do not make fun of avatar-challenged posters

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

Someone buy back Duck's good av

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
But it's so purple.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

a cartoon duck posted:

we're at P already? how many touhous did i even miss?

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

A cartoon fractal

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

well drat

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

boom boom boom posted:

There was a Kamen Rider Amazon in the 80s

but now there's multiple Amazons

I love Rider but I haven't seen Amazons. Is it very good? I strongly dislike the toku thread so I'm asking here.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Parmesan Basil posted:

I love Rider but I haven't seen Amazons. Is it very good? I strongly dislike the toku thread so I'm asking here.

The first couple episodes were weird, but promising. I decided to wait until the whole series was out before continuing, but it's only 12 or 13 episodes, I think.

I watched all of Den-O, so even if Amazons is bad it'll be a breeze, comparatively.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

VostokProgram posted:

No pickelhaube, no sale

pickelhaube was only an early war piece of equipment, it was not good in general

not tough or reinforced so no protection, giant spike that got in the way and made you more visible

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm not really sick anymore but still have no energy and feel like a slug so I milked out one more sick day. I need to run a few errands but feel like I've physically fused with the couch and don't want to move.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

everyone should watch cinderella girls

riina is good because she's a rock poser who argues with the cat girl and is gay for girls on motorcycles

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

those pinstripe things flare at the top like they're boots, but they go under the ankle straps on her shoes and then into the shoes like socks.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

a cartoon duck posted:

hi duck, in addition to burbo posting touhou i've started posting random mega mans in a much more disorderly fashion because variety is the spice of the series that has way less characters and way less great fanart

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Personally, I think of it as being called "marriage" just for lack of a better term.
The ring gives the girl wearing it more vivid access to the memories attached to the ship's soul that they carry. This is why the ring uncaps their level. Naturally quite a few of those memories involve the deaths of the people who served on the ship or the sinking of the ship itself.
Experiencing those memories in such a vivid fashion can lead to the girl losing her mind, so she needs some sort of relationship with something in the here and now to anchor her to the present, to remind her that those memories are in the past and that those things didn't, and won't, happen to her.
The "marriage" is simply an official recognition that the girl has such a relationship. It doesn't necessarily have to be a romantic or sexual relationship, it's just a matter of the connection being strong enough that it keeps them rooted.
So, I'm married to my Hibiki, and our relationship is romantic. I'm also married to my Zuihou and Yayoi, but I don't love them the same way I do Hibiki.
Naturally, the marriage doesn't even have to be with me. So my Zuikaku and Kaga + Kitakami and Abukuma are married to each other, and those relationships are romantic. My Hatsushimo and Haruna are both married to my Hibiki, but those relationships are that of good friends.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Endorph posted:

everyone should watch cinderella girls

riina is good because she's a rock poser who argues with the cat girl and is gay for girls on motorcycles

i like her episode with the actual rock motorcycle girl who gets her into actually listening to rock music

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

:yeah:

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

that sounds like it sucks rear end i'm glad we are on a timeline where that doesnt exist lol

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
do the later katamari damacy games have soundtracks as good as the first two

the soundtracks in the first two games were so bright and varied and awesome

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Davincie posted:

this pic actually is a more realistic portrayal of world war 1 than battlefield 1 will be

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib

• Locked thread