Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

MustardFacial posted:

Motorcycle culture is worse than car culture. Car culture is pretty bad.

Do we have anyone here in AI who's a part of a cut-wearing club? And if so, what made you into such a bitch?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

What is a "cut-wearing club"? Also meal-prepping is definitely a adult++ level-up to life.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Coredump posted:

What is a "cut-wearing club"? Also meal-prepping is definitely a adult++ level-up to life.

The guys who watched Sons of Anarchy and decided they wanted to play too.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I dunno I've had some decent chats while buying two stroke oil at motorcycle shops, I'd imagine it's bad if you own a scooter but I can't see that world being worse than some car clubs/shops.

Rhyno posted:

Do we have anyone here in AI who's a part of a cut-wearing club? And if so, what made you into such a bitch?

Actually I can see parts of the Harley world being bad, there's a sales guy in the office who I've seen pull the whole "It has to be loud cause it's safer" thing with a straight face.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Rhyno posted:

The guys who watched Sons of Anarchy and decided they wanted to play too.
I have one of these on my friends list. Its great, they call themselves "The Shockers" and yes that is exactly their "gang sign" and they do it in every picture on facebook. They have a "clubhouse" which is just some guys garage with a harley banner. Its two guys with one bike each and both of their wives ride on the back. Thats it.

Motorcycles aren't for me but I am jealous of their waves.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

1500quidporsche posted:

Actually I can see parts of the Harley world being bad, there's a sales guy in the office who I've seen pull the whole "It has to be loud cause it's safer" thing with a straight face.

Here's Harley culture in a nutshell: https://rideapart.com/articles/how-to-sell-a-harley-davidson

Motorcycle people can be pretty cool, you just have to find someone who is genuinely into bikes, all bikes. The problem is there's too many tribal idiots out there who can't appreciate a cool bike unless it has the right name on it, etc.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

Rhyno posted:

And if so, what made you into such a bitch?

Things I dislike about motorcycle culture
  • Any reference to the word "cager"
  • Any reference to your motorcycle as a "freedom machine"
  • Any motorcycle enthusiast who does not know how to perform at least basic maintenance themselves
  • People who think they are especially "edgy" or "rebellious" or "cool" because they ride a bike.
  • Anyone who talks about cars as if there is some sort of secret war between bikes and cars
  • Any reference to motorcycling being a "brotherhood"
  • Stunters
  • Sideshow morons
  • Anyone who intentionally blocks traffic to let their friends go through a light.
  • Anyone who thinks they are especially tough for riding a Harley

Car culture has it's own cringy bullshit, but it's nowhere near as bad as the above. I have nothing against the bikes themselves or the riding thereof.

MustardFacial fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jun 29, 2016

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Cage posted:

I have one of these on my friends list. Its great, they call themselves "The Shockers" and yes that is exactly their "gang sign" and they do it in every picture on facebook. They have a "clubhouse" which is just some guys garage with a harley banner. Its two guys with one bike each and both of their wives ride on the back. Thats it.

Motorcycles aren't for me but I am jealous of their waves.

There's been an explosion of patched clubs since SOA debuted. Three of my former friends are part of one and the lifestyle is disgusting. They also recently got busted for trying to shakedown a store for protection money. A store owned by two retired cops. It was more hilarious than I can describe.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Man, I was just pining to get back into riding again, but I ride standards/crotch rockets not those stupid "hogs". I thought everyone knew that Harley Davidson is a merchandising company that also makes motorcycles on the side. Aren't most Harley riders dentists anyway? AKA RUBs - Rich Urban Bikers

Harleys are to motorcycling what Brodozers and Salt Life/KCCO/Bill Murray stickers are to cars.

Maksimus54
Jan 5, 2011

Rhyno posted:

They also recently got busted for trying to shakedown a store for protection money. A store owned by two retired cops. It was more hilarious than I can describe.

Please try

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

MustardFacial posted:

• Any motorcycle enthusiast who does not know how to perform at least basic maintenance themselves
  • People who think they are especially "edgy" or "rebellious" or "cool" because they ride a bike.
  • Anyone who talks about cars as if there is some sort of secret war between bikes and cars
  • Stunters
  • Sideshow morons
  • Anyone who intentionally blocks traffic to let their friends go through a light.

Car culture has it's own cringy bullshit, but it's nowhere near as bad as the above.

I think you're problem is that you're like me and get pissed off at any type of group based round of being proud of something.

Protestant work ethic 4 life bro :unsmith::hf::unsmith:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Maksimus54 posted:

Please try

I was not there but my police officer friend described it as "Four grown men on their knees in the store, while two old men in their 60's aiming shotguns at them until the active duty police showed up." I was told one of the bikers cried.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Rhyno posted:

I was not there but my police officer friend described it as "Four grown men on their knees in the store, while two old men in their 60's aiming shotguns at them until the active duty police showed up." I was told one of the bikers cried.

His patients at his dental practice will have to get their cleanings from someone else, I'd cry too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGyKBFCd_u4

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

1500quidporsche posted:

I think you're problem is that you're like me and get pissed off at any type of group based round of being proud of something.

Protestant work ethic 4 life bro :unsmith::hf::unsmith:
:unsmith::hf::unsmith:

Be proud of your accomplishments, not just because you're into a thing.

It's fine to like things, but be level headed about it. And then shut up because nobody cares.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
The part of Harley culture that is unforgivable is the co-opting of Nazi iconography. gently caress that poo poo all day long.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

scuz posted:

The part of Harley culture that is unforgivable is the co-opting of Nazi iconography. gently caress that poo poo all day long.

Says the VW enthusiast.

Also my bar for accomplishments is so impossibly high that I'm never going to be proud of anything ever.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

1500quidporsche posted:

Says the VW enthusiast.

Also my bar for accomplishments is so impossibly high that I'm never going to be proud of anything ever.
:buddy:

So many protestants itt. How do you guys deal with compliments? I dismiss them outright because I know I'm not good at whatever they've complimented me for.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

1500quidporsche posted:

Says the VW enthusiast.

"It's still not good enough."

Scuz: My wife says that I completely ignore any compliments given to me. However, I don't remember receiving any. So she may be on to something.

Tekne
Feb 15, 2012

It's-a me, motherfucker

What's the write up with Victory/Indian motorcycles? They seem to make a better alternative to Harley and without the lifestyle garbage.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

scuz posted:

So many protestants itt. How do you guys deal with compliments? I dismiss them outright because I know I'm not good at whatever they've complimented me for.

I either avoid bringing up the subject altogether or make it seem unimpressive by comparing it to something else. Failing that I do default to the "Actually I'm not that good." standard

I didn't tell any of my co-workers I quit smoking and when they found out three months later and we're all saying how impressive that was I immediately threw cold water on it by saying "Yeah I guess, it's not like I had to quit heroin though."

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Extra posted:

Always had a soft spot for some simple white 5 spokes

You want some Desmond Regamasters, lightweight and with a bit of dish look mean as gently caress.

My personal favourite JDM rims are these ultra rare 5 bolt versions of Hoshino's Impul rims.

Special shout out to the classic Works Equip 01s

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jun 29, 2016

epic bird guy
Dec 9, 2014

Rhyno posted:

There's been an explosion of patched clubs since SOA debuted. Three of my former friends are part of one and the lifestyle is disgusting. They also recently got busted for trying to shakedown a store for protection money. A store owned by two retired cops. It was more hilarious than I can describe.

Rhyno how did you get to know so many real winners in life?

Also how did you turn out to be seemingly okay in spite of it?

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

I remember when brand/model specific forums were places to go to get details about said brand/model and now they are just where a bunch of awkward idiots who want to circlejerk about how great their car is because they are not so sure. Best example is someone complaining their Stock from the factory 13 second car is slow because they can't make it do 12 second runs which is what the manufacturer say it can do... in the hands of a professional on non all season tyres. So now he is saying he is going to reject the car as a lemon because it can't do 12 second runs when he drives it which is even more amusing considering the video that he put up and has now taken down show him trying to launch it himself and just smoking the tyres.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

MustardFacial posted:

• Stunters
  • Sideshow morons

Car culture has it's own cringy bullshit, but it's nowhere near as bad as the above. I have nothing against the bikes themselves or the riding thereof.

Stunting can be fun, wheelies are awesome. Just do it off the road.

A lot of motorcycling can be cringe inducing, but the brotherhood part can be true depending where you are. Like the track.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

MustardFacial posted:

• Stunters
  • Sideshow morons

My personal favorite: people who put the "look out for motorcycles" bumper stickers on their car/truck (etc.) and then proceed to change lanes without looking or signaling. Either they're just as terrible at driving as they claim everyone else is, or they don't have a problem causing accidents just as long as they don't involve motorcycles.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Where's DILLIGAF's Harley rant when you need it?

Also on the "car specific forums" chat: USE SEARCH NOOB.

Which, of course, returns pages of threads that are only resolved by that same complaint, never the actual issue.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

The Locator posted:

We have mandatory training every quarter on exciting subjects like ethics and security.

Starting last quarter they let us try the quiz first, and if you score over 80% you can skip the course. This is possibly the best thing ever to happen in the history of the world.

Oh, good lord, I wish. Those I just listen with half an ear, maybe, but this I had to pay a little attention because I don't do any Change Management, and am unfamiliar with the tools, etc. Turned out to be mostly common sense anyway.
Remember that I work for an Indian outsourcer. What seems to be common sense to us sometimes doesn't even enter the picture for them without training.

fyodor posted:

Fire every single one of your programmers. Seriously doing this poo poo in 2016 still lmao.

This. Even my lame-as host company managed to browbeat the in-house apps people into fixing their poo poo so we could roll out 11. Still issues, and I'm getting really tired of all the browsers getting pissy about old versions of plug-ins (no, you piece of poo poo, I can't upgrade. Our lovely Kronos Timekeeping system requires Java 6, and loving Oracel requires Java 8.25...)

Ineptus Mechanicus posted:

Our annual code of conduct thing is literally a checkbox saying "yep I read it" like a video game EULA, and when I worked at Lowe's my store didn't have a procedure for it since they didn't expect anyone to work there long enough to need a refresher :buddy:

Our Code Of BUSINESS Conduct is like that. This is Code of OPERATIONS Conduct, which somehow means "change management."

Tide posted:

Just got through getting rolled back to IE10. Yay!

We were using IE7 up until about 2 years ago :negative:

We were using IE 6 until about 3 years ago, then finally bumped to 8 and with Windows 7 (last year!) IE 9.

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Wanna see my D&D v4 collection or my Car Wars tabletop gaming?

I met Steve Jackson at our con last year. Cool guy. I couldn't find my copy of Car Wars for him to sign, and I forgot to buy one at the con.

InitialDave posted:

Yuuup. There's no way that's not a deliberate, subtle, "yer a oval office" from someone.

I'll be honest - I never before noticed that there was a wrong-side-up on the British flag.

Liquid Communism posted:

You really, really don't.

They've already decided that you're getting fired, and they don't have any other positions in the state. The fact that you know this is a horrible tactical error on the part of your management, because there is nothing they can do between now and then but fire you for cause that matters.

I'm an outlier in this company. Consider that 90-something percent of their workers are H1B visa Indians. They will go wherever the company sends them. They don't have a house, and probably don't even have their family here.
There is exactly one workstation job at my level in the area, at Harman International. It's a longer drive, but I'm considering it. I'm also dropping in apps all over. Trying to stick with Mac-only work, because, frankly, I've grown to hate Windows, and Windows PC janitors are a commodity. Mac PC janitors are still a little more up the food chain.

scuz posted:

I'm always skeptical when my boss or management tell me I'm doing a good job, because I feel like I'm slacking most times. I'm not even up to my own standards...
Of course, the poo poo I AM proud of, don't mean squat to anyone else.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

IOwnCalculus posted:

Which, of course, returns pages of threads that are only resolved by that same complaint, never the actual issue.

That's certainly been my experience. Most forums' search functions are abysmal. Using Google and specifying the forum site usually works better.
Hell, I'm a member of at least two Crown Vic/Panther forums, and haven't posted once. I use the search and Google to mine what I need and GTFO. You guys have spoiled me for forums.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

IOwnCalculus posted:

This one?

DILLIGAF posted:

I know Ill get flamed, so here it is, Im so sick of none bikers and a few bikers who after my accident are asking me if Im going to start wearing a helmet! Why would I its my choice, isnt that whats its all about! For me its a personal thing I dont wear a helmet because I dont want too! Its my life, my skull, my bike,my freedom, isnt that what were all on are steel horses for! because we want to do what we want! And how we want todo it! We want the wind in are hair, and the bugs in are teeth! I dont tell cagers to wear there seat belts and buy cars that have crash bags. So please like the flag says ''DONT TREAD ON ME'' If Im really stupid respect my right to be! If you wear a full face helmet or a half and you think that after 70-80mph itll save your *** buy all means strap it on! Im all for ''you'' to wear your helmet. In fact do what ever you want as long as its lawful,and here in the Blue Grass it lawful to not were a helmet! SO DILLIGAF thats my little rant,thanks for listenin!

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

1500quidporsche posted:

I'd imagine it's bad if you own a scooter but I can't see that world being worse than some car clubs/shops.

Honestly, if I were to get any 2 wheel anything, it would be a scooter. I would go for the most comical one I could find just to tool around town @ 35 mph. I'd imagine my limit would be $750 on one since it wouldn't be a serious endeavor.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

BloodBag posted:

This one?

Holy poo poo, that's retarded. I'd fully support his position if he had an unfurling banner in his wallet for the EMS crew that said "I'm super hosed because not wearing gear is my CHOICE, and since I CHOSE that, I do not want to become a burden to the rest of society with the hundreds of thousands in medical bills this will rack up, so please leave me to regain consciousness and find my way home on my own, thanks."

keykey posted:

Honestly, if I were to get any 2 wheel anything, it would be a scooter. I would go for the most comical one I could find just to tool around town @ 35 mph. I'd imagine my limit would be $750 on one since it wouldn't be a serious endeavor.

I keep finding my mind wandering to scooters, but the opposite of what you just said. I'd want a turbo'd fast bitch of a scooter to troll with.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

I could've sworn it was something about getting approached every time he got gas in it. Clearly there's more than one.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

IOwnCalculus posted:

this one?

quote:

As I pull into the gas station on my black and orange Sportster, I am already on the lookout.

On Pump 1 I’ve got a middle-aged man driving a Valiant with an OCC sticker in the back window. Definite offender, better keep my distance.

Pump 3, a younger guy with a 4×4 Toyata truck. A safer bet than Pump 1, but the retiree filling his Coupe DeVille at Pump 9 looks like my best option.

I kill the motor and roll in to 8 as quiet as I can. Without getting off my bike or removing my helmet, I pull out my wallet, shove my card into the machine, pop the gas cap and grab the high octane nozzle. If my tank was bigger than a canteen, I wouldn’t have to do this so often. But the man in the Cadillac is ignoring me, so it might turn out OK. BEEP BEEP, “Error. See Cashier”. Dammit. I drop the kickstand, take off my helmet and glasses and get in line behind Cadillac Man. He pays for his gas and buys a banana.

Who buys fruit at a gas station?

By the time the cashier straightens me out, the Caddy next to my bike is replaced with an Expedition sporting a big giant HARLEY-DAVIDSON sticker on the back. poo poo. I hoped this year would be different. I thought the hype was over. I prayed that I could go this entire year without having to discuss Jesse loving James with some jackass American Chopper fanboy driving a rig with a bike sticker on it.

He steps out of the vehicle and looks over at my bike, and I know all my hopes and dreams for the 2005 riding season are hosed. He walks up to me like I’m a hot peice of rear end drinking a Manhattan alone at the bar.

“Hey man, nice bike.”

That’s usually how they start out.

“Thanks” I say, trying to sound polite and rude at the same time.

Obviously needing more from this conversation, he opts for the “establish the bad guy” approach. “I almost bought one of these last year but my wife wanted a new roof.”

Sometimes it’s better to say nothing. It makes people uncomfortable and they leave. But every now and then, keeping quiet makes them start looking over the bike and asking more annoying questions.

“That a custom exhaust?”

Well, gently caress. The word “custom” has been used. I panic but can only mutter out a “yep” before he launches into the inevitable banter that I was trying so hard to avoid. Once they say “custom”, it’s basically over.

“Yeah man I was watching Orange County choppers the other day man did you see that spider web bike man that this was sweet they like fabricated all the parts for and stuff and you love choppers don’t you because I think they’re sweet and on American Chopper they made a trike out of a Volkswagen and did all sorts of radical stuff and it was so awesome and I want to have Jesse Jame’s man babies Chopper CHOPPer rake bike stretch custom chrome and the was a bike build-off on the discovery channel did you see it and the old guy was all pissed off at the young guys and they just argued the whole time but somehow they managed to make an awesome bike I bet you saw it yeah you love them too right they made it for Shaq for like $85,000 Chopper chopper chopper choppers chopper orange county american steel chopper bike chopper frame rake ape hangers custom custom custom custom custom I love the discovery channel so much OCC WCC BAD DOG CHOPPERS CHOPPERS INC OMG I want to put beach bars on my refrigerator and like put a lowering kit on it but you know the wife making me buy a car and a house instead man but if it was up to me I’d be living free and riding free on the open road just like Peter Fonda and Jack Nicolaus but I wouldn’t get killed with a shotgun you know what I mean har har cause that would suck and I saw this documentary on Sturgis and all these people were there riding free and checking out the black hills rally rally bike bike custom chopper chopper fabricate chrome chrome chrome sturgis I was gonna ride to sturgis this year but I didn’t have a bike and I had a trailer to bring it but the wife made me sell the trailer hitch so she could buy a new eddie bauer stroller for our baby and some cleets for my kids man I know my kids will grow up to be bikers but right now I’m doing the parenting thing and stuff I may look soft but I’m deep down a real hardcore free riding open road biker man just like you trust me if I had the dough I’d be cruisin with you just like Orange County Choppers check out this tattoo I got it’s a maltese cross I don’t know what that means but its all over every chopper thing because I love choppers you love choppers we all love choppers choppers choppserchopperschopperchopperchopper CHOPPERCHOPPERPEOHRHCHEOCPEPOCHEOR OMG OMG OMG CAN I HAVE SEX WITH YOUR BIKE AND SEND PICTURES TO JESSE JAMES I LOVE BIKES MAN BIKES BIKES BIKES CAUSE LIKE THE OTHER DAY I WAS BUYING SOME BEAN DIP FOR THE LITTLE LEAGUE PARENTS MEETING AND I WAS TALKING TO THIS OTHER GUY WHO REFS THE TIGERS AND HE WAS LIKE MAN ID TRADE IT ALL FOR A RIDE ON A CHOPPER BECAUSE I WATCH THE DISCOVERY CHANNEL 24 HOURS PER DAY BECAUSE ALL THEY EVER SHOW IS CHOPPER GARAGE SHOWS AND THOSE MEN ARE ROUGH AND TOUGH AND THEY WILL BLOW YOUR HOUSE DOWN JUST LIKE THE WOLF IN THE THREE LITTLE PIGS EXCEPT NOT A WOLF BUT LIKE A V-TWIN WITH A BIG WIDE OPEN EXHAUST WITH NO MUFFLER BECAUSE NOISE IS GOOD AND BIKES ARE GOOD AND I LOVE CHOPPERS CHOPPPERS BEACH BARS CHROME CHOPPER RAKE MAN, I’M GONNA MAKE ME A BIKE WITH LIKE SO MUCH RAKE THAT MY BARS JUST GO STRAIGHT OUT ALL THE WAY TO STURGIS AND CHOPPERS ARE COOL BECAUSE THEY CAN’T TURN UNLESS YOU HAVE A FOOTBALL FEILD BUT THATS OK BECAUSE I’M LIVING HARD AND RIDING FREE AND I WEAR CHAPS WHEN I GO TO SLEEP BECAUSE THATS HOW HARD CORE OF A BIKER I AM JUST LIKE JESSE JAMES AND JACK NICKALOOS EXCEPT I HAVE DON’T HAVE A FOOTBALL HELMET PAINTED GOLD BUT WOULDN’T THAT BE AWESOME JUST LIKE IN EASY RIDER MAN HEY WANT TO COME OVER TO MY HOUSE THE WIFE IS WATCHING THE BACHELOR II I HOPE SARAH WINS BUT ANYWAY I TAPED AMERICAN MONSTER CHOPPER GARAGE JAMES JAMES JESSE JAMES CO INC INC AND WE CAN WATCH IT IN THE KIDS ROOM BECAUSE THEY’RE AT PIANO LESSONS TILL 9 ohhh man ohhhh man I loves me some bikes gently caress it man lets just go to the bar right now and sell this truck right now that’s how hardcore I am I mea YOU KNOW ME MAN I DON’T EVEN GET BEHIND THE WHEEL TILL I’VE HAD A SIXER MAN I DRIVE BETTER WHEN IM DRUNK JUST LIKE JESSE JAMES YOU LIKE GRASS MAN IVE GOT GRASS WE CAN GO SMOKE SOME GRASS IN MY GARAGE JUST LIKE ON EASY RIDER BUT WILL HAVE TO MOVE THE KIDS BICYCLES OUT OF THE WAY BUT THATS OK BECAUSE WE’RE HARDCORE AND WE DONT GIVE A gently caress CHOPPER CHOPPER APE HANGER FOOTPEG BEACH BAR EASY RIDER CHOPPER CHOPPER CHROME CUSTOM FABRICATION PAINT 17 LAYER PAINT JOB BUT THE SEAT MAKES MY rear end SORE SO NORMALLY I LIKE TO GET A GOOD SIZED PILLOW AND PUT IT DOWN THERE FOR COMFORT YOU KNOW HOW IT IS AFTER RIDING FREE FOR SO LONG YOUR rear end GETS A LITTLE SORE BUT YOU GET USED TO IT AND YOU LEARN TO LOVE IT RIGHT MAN AM I RITE? !??!@$)! *&Z*t7 -tghyepsihg eoirgu eiugeodiuf g.,dfg
……………….. “

By now I’m about 6 miles away wishing Sportsters had bigger gas tanks and planning new strategies to avoid repetition # 193 of this pointless conversation.

Pointless, just like a chopper. Especially the over-the-top ones on the Discovery Channel. They are cartoon bikes. Choppers are the Desert Eagle .50 of motorcycles. Big and badass and striking and different but for all logistical and practical and resonable purposes, completely loving useless.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

meatpimp posted:

I keep finding my mind wandering to scooters, but the opposite of what you just said. I'd want a turbo'd fast bitch of a scooter to troll with.

That would work well too. In any case, it'd have to look comically stupid.

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Lifelong Tory Voter

1500quidporsche posted:

I either avoid bringing up the subject altogether or make it seem unimpressive by comparing it to something else. Failing that I do default to the "Actually I'm not that good." standard

I didn't tell any of my co-workers I quit smoking and when they found out three months later and we're all saying how impressive that was I immediately threw cold water on it by saying "Yeah I guess, it's not like I had to quit heroin though."

I also didn't tell anybody when I quit smoking. Just like I won't tell anybody that I've started getting in shape (mostly because I need to cut weight for the kart track). But I will say that quitting smoking is harder than quitting heroin.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

You know Harleys are poo poo bikes when Sonny loving Barger himself said he wished he got the Hell's Angels hooked on something else.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

All that bluster because he's ashamed he rides a little girl's Harley.

E: I rode my buddy's Street Bob and just couldn't get into it. Having my feet out front like I'm sitting in an armchair seems like something for guys whose bellies are too big to lean over a gas tank.

BloodBag fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jun 29, 2016

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I didn't either it was just that we had to go to this loving conference and a co-worker asked to bum a cigarette.

My friend often jokes that we could try some meth now since we kicked smoking so we could probably handle anything else.

Also yeah get in shape for karting, I bought some weights over the winter and it still felt like I wasn't doing enough when I started back up in spring.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

keykey posted:

I keep thinking I want a Grom. Small and slow enough to not be instant death, but still big and fast enough to get me to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

MustardFacial posted:

I also didn't tell anybody when I quit smoking. Just like I won't tell anybody that I've started getting in shape (mostly because I need to cut weight for the kart track). But I will say that quitting smoking is harder than quitting heroin.

Because you've apparently never kicked an opium addiction. At least you can still function when withdrawing from nicotene.

• Locked thread