Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

The whole local time thing also screws with events and junk where certain things would unlock earlier for some people. I had to wait 4 hours more when Raizel was released before I could farm his Lost Island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

So... about Project Valkyrie.

I was screwing around while I was sick and half delirious last night, and uh... things sorta happened, and some crystals got spent to move sets, and I'm just gonna leave this here.

http://imgur.com/a/qdRvo

Muzaka has left my Battle of Honor party in favor of this bullshit.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

I like how literally doubling her health gets you 0.2% defense.

But yeah I'm incredibly jealous, congrats.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Vincent Valentine posted:

I like how literally doubling her health gets you 0.2% defense.

But yeah I'm incredibly jealous, congrats.

Haha, well, defense maxes at 100k as opposed to the 300k for maxing attack, so that's expected, really. She has turned out to be really scary, and frankly, has turned around my fortunes in battle of honor this week.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
Well, since apparently the two goon guilds are full or I've been blacklisted for some reason, I just joined a random pubbie guild. Please tell me if a slot in either goon guild opens up.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Well, since apparently the two goon guilds are full or I've been blacklisted for some reason, I just joined a random pubbie guild. Please tell me if a slot in either goon guild opens up.

Neurolimal's been gone 3 days, and another goon's going on hiatus after this event finishes, apparently, so hit SwdOfLowtax up.

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?

NinjaDebugger posted:

Neurolimal's been gone 3 days, and another goon's going on hiatus after this event finishes, apparently, so hit SwdOfLowtax up.

I was going on hiatus. I'll probably end up moving game to iPad and just doing checkin. I could also help do guild war and swap in appropriate mercenary if it helps.

Edit: No more grinding, BOH or DB for me though.

DontMindMe fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Jun 26, 2016

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

For all the new people to this game:

:frogsiren: FARM THIS poo poo! :frogsiren:

These 2 dungeons only appear on Sundays but they will be your biggest source of gold and mana stones outside of events. Try to climb up the dungeons as fast as possible while still keeping SS rank. These dungeons are definitely worth resetting with crystals once you get to like 7 or 8 and you need resources.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

I did it! 9th place in Battle of Honor this week, on frickin' Bridge map!

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

NinjaDebugger posted:

I'm locked out for 24 hours because I left the pubbie guild. :argh: I'll join when that's done.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

NinjaDebugger posted:

:toot: Congrats!

Edit: Good week

Stun immunity on Krut, Charm immunity on Alfred, 2 pieces of Noblesse 1* Volley of Bullets set, 4 pieces 1* Witch's Tools set, bought diamonds to bring my 2* Unyielding Champion to full 3 pieces.

I hope Diamonds are given out as login prizes next month. I need so many. :negative:

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 05:39 on Jun 27, 2016

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

NinjaDebugger posted:

Are you a free player? I'm tempted to start playing, not many of these free to play games look like there's an actual game at the heart of the gacha stuff.

But I'd like to have a chance through regular play at doing pretty ok, and maybe spending $5 rather than whaling. If that's not possible, probably better I don't even start playing.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

It wouldn't hurt to whale on either of the character packs though. Raziel is really good, and the reaper girl also can own. Too bad they only come in huge price packs.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Funso Banjo posted:

Are you a free player? I'm tempted to start playing, not many of these free to play games look like there's an actual game at the heart of the gacha stuff.

But I'd like to have a chance through regular play at doing pretty ok, and maybe spending $5 rather than whaling. If that's not possible, probably better I don't even start playing.

I am definitely not a free player. I'm like, a tiny whale at this point, especially compared to the guys I'm now competing with, one of whom reportedly spends about 3.5k/month on the game, but a whale nonetheless. I've spent less total on the game than that dude spends in a week or so. That said, with good play, some dedication, and 5bux/month on the coocoo's gift, you can pretty easily get into the top 1% or so of players in PvP, especially if you hit a lucky set pull or two.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
I have a little over 3060 bloodstone.

How good is Raskreia's set? Is the effect good enough to offset the weapon being a sword?

Oh god, shotgunning all those pubbie guilds was a bad idea. The invites remain, so they keep adding me after I've left my last guild. This might take a while. :negative:

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

I have a little over 3060 bloodstone.

How good is Raskreia's set? Is the effect good enough to offset the weapon being a sword?

Oh god, shotgunning all those pubbie guilds was a bad idea. The invites remain, so they keep adding me after I've left my last guild. This might take a while. :negative:

HAHAHAHA WOW.

I really like Raskreia's set, and having a sword or two isn't bad anyhow.

DonnyTrump
Apr 24, 2010
Speaking of bloodstones, I have like 11k or so of them. I have all the characters that don't cost $$, and at least 1 set of each of the buyable sets (2 for Rasreika). She is also maxed out on genes. What should I buy with the rest? Multiple sets of her and Muzaka's gear for going past +10?

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

NinjaDebugger posted:

HAHAHAHA WOW.

I really like Raskreia's set, and having a sword or two isn't bad anyhow.

Hey, you don't have to be rude to me. :smith:

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

I think this is the first shop event where I couldn't buy everything before the event ended. I have enough to transcend Muza, Seira, and Rask's set to +13 with none left over for Frank. Oh well, see you in the dumpster Frank. :v:

edit:

quote:

Suggestion3. I want to recruit Krut! Could the Lost Island Krut come back?

Krut is one of development team’s favorite heroes, too!
We understand that there are quite a number of lords who missed Krut’s Lost Island. We will try to open up Krut’s Lost Island again some time in the near future.

I wonder why he's the favorite. :shepface:

Somefool fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jun 28, 2016

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Idea has been raised today in guild chat of recruiting active guild raid players into SwdOfLowtax and shunting others into the second guild.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Kind of surprised people wouldn't be actively raiding. Nothing to lose, stuff to gain. Is it a real problem?

cprun0227
Nov 25, 2002
what

NinjaDebugger posted:

Idea has been raised today in guild chat of recruiting active guild raid players into SwdOfLowtax and shunting others into the second guild.

Ashrunner from Overflowtax here . If this actually takes place, let me know about getting into SwdOfLowtax. Still not real high right now(lvl 44, only have one 5 star char) but I've been consistently checking in and getting 3 rounds in on the guild dungeons.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

I'm still surprised people don't do the daily raids. They take like 15mins at most to clear out and you get some nice stuff along the way. I say. Consistently getting 1.2 million max on any given day.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Kind of surprised people wouldn't be actively raiding. Nothing to lose, stuff to gain. Is it a real problem?

We've got probably at least six people who don't raid, even if they check in, I think. I haven't been keeping track of it, but I know I've noticed it when I've been waiting for the new day to trip over.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
As a new player, These 4000 free blood stones over the past few days have been really great.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Nomadic Scholar posted:

I'm still surprised people don't do the daily raids. They take like 15mins at most to clear out and you get some nice stuff along the way. I say. Consistently getting 1.2 million max on any given day.

On this note: My Valkyrie is REALLY good against this boss. I'm going to put her up as a merc. Throw her in there with some scrubs to die, your nox if you have him, and make sure she's the last one standing, and she'll go toe to toe for a good long time, racking up a decent score.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Well, this is what I get for not waiting for people to change mercs before using all 5 of my chances for the day. (Based keys)

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

NinjaDebugger posted:

On this note: My Valkyrie is REALLY good against this boss. I'm going to put her up as a merc. Throw her in there with some scrubs to die, your nox if you have him, and make sure she's the last one standing, and she'll go toe to toe for a good long time, racking up a decent score.

Oh god, things did not go according to plan when I used her. :gonk:

I thought bosses were taunt immune, but not this guy which turned into a big issue cause taunt kept working and the boss kept focusing on Valk every other turn and she got pummeled before the rest of my team even got hit. Her taunt effectively stopped his giant status effect attack so everyone else was busying smacking the boss from behind.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

That is hilarious and sucks. On the other hand, I got a second Grudge this morning, thanks stone gacha. It was worth the 10 crystals to equip it since I'm new as hell and this one was orange instead of the blue muza had on.

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
Finally got a chance to apply to SwdofLowtax again as JimmyBob

please confirm it before some other pubbie guild does. :negative:

Focacciasaurus_Rex fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Jun 29, 2016

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Finally got a chance to apply to SwdofLowtax again as JimmyBob

please confirm it before some other pubbie guild does. :negative:

Haha, you're in. Totally not laughing at your misfortune, though. No, really. Pfft.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

First week of July Black Coocoos:
First off, Noblesse event ending means no more factoring Noblesse items in. Once the event's done, you simply cannot get them anymore. Today is your last chance to buy them.
Second, also gone with it will be the 1 set item per 10 pull guarantee, so you can completely whiff.

1: Knight of the Dawn, Super Ranger Yellow, I"m A Cat!. I'm a Cat is awful, but yellow ranger and knight of dawn are both really stupidly good.
2: Tme for Your Shot, Super Ranger Red, Ancient Witch's Curse. Ancient Witch is mildly useful as a 2pc for your area types, and can be armor/brooch, and both red ranger and time for your shot are fantastic sets that are good in nothing but 2 piece.
3: Beast Rain Project Prototype, Black Crescent, Shadow Corps. Shadow Corps is kinda trash, black crescent is mediocre, but Beast Rain still stands as one of the best sets in the game, especially in Battle of Honor.
4: Pathfinder, Crusader's Light, Super Ranger Black. Crusader's Light is merely okay, being a 4 star version of White Knight's Oath but with a brooch instead of a ring, so better for tanking. Black Ranger and Pathfinder are both overpoweringly good sets that are great with just two pieces.
5: Angel Knight, Die to Live, Sione's Ominous Prophecy. Sione's prophecy is kind of rubbish, and just bad until you get all 3 pieces, but Die to Live and Angel Knight are both fantastic.

Overall, 4 star is the pretty clear winner here, but every level has something worth pulling for, unless you're not after beast rain to improve your battle of honor performance.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

NinjaDebugger posted:

Second, also gone with it will be the 1 set item per 10 pull guarantee, so you can completely whiff.

Reminding people of this because I've whiffed more than once.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Details are being translated of July's event shop and monthlong events.

Looks like we're getting 100% DB gene drop rate again, for those who still lack Lena and Fruel, an event lifting the gem cost for moving set equipment, and double gold and XP events.

The event shop details so far:
Daily:
2 Item coocoos
gold
mana stones
soul stones
raid boss key
energy pots
lv 200 coocoos
1-5* mod pots

Limited:
Dolores and Poni costumes
200 Diamonds
Soul Gear summon scroll
Devil's Soul
Perfect Genes
Transcendence Tickets 1-5*
4* A-rank set, no requirement. 2pc: 750 defense, 800 more in Nepthys. 3pc: 1000 dodge, 1000 more in Nepthys.

For those of you who haven't maxed out nepthys dungeons yet, that set will help you along a bit, and the bonuses aren't bad for a 4 star A-rank.

The real prizes, obviously, are the summon scroll and transcendence tickets. The tickets should generally only be used on SS gear, for maximum bonuses.

There are also packages coming at what looks like $30 and $100, with fat cooocoo capsules, with a limited selection of sets inside, apparently no sets that are active only in Nepthys or Dimension Breakthrough.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Man, this guild boss is such a pain in the rear end. The boss himself isn't too much trouble, but the moment Krut gets hit with confusion that's it, my entire team is dead.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Man, this guild boss is such a pain in the rear end. The boss himself isn't too much trouble, but the moment Krut gets hit with confusion that's it, my entire team is dead.

Keep the status cure available. Queue it up whenever you see someone get stunned or confused, and it'll fire before they lose their turn, guaranteed.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

The shops just won't STOP! :suicide:

I guess I need to start blowing raid keys too thanks to this being in the shop. Would be really bad if we fell below 10% in guild rank.

I'm really tempted to spend my current summon scroll and upcoming shop scroll to +10 my Yeka's wings. 93% chance to gain a charge and I somehow still get situations where she can't gain a charge 2 turns in a row. It doesn't seem like there are any hints of future soul gear yet.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

NinjaDebugger posted:

Keep the status cure available. Queue it up whenever you see someone get stunned or confused, and it'll fire before they lose their turn, guaranteed.

I actually got super lucky and just got confusion immunity potential on him, so that's really really good. Krut is an absolute monster and one-shots basically every non-tank on my team, so any time he ever gets confused or charmed I generally just end battle right then and there.

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Who is a good scroll target, since muza and Rask both are pay walled?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Who is a good scroll target, since muza and Rask both are pay walled?

Yekaterina, Lena, Bearman, Cleo are all good and get good special effects on their stuff.

As of right now, Sophism, Filishot, Dershiva, and Geekslinger haven't done guild raid for today.

• Locked thread