Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

crusader_complex posted:

there it is. two of your computer cylinders would go right here in this rack. ok. let me show you the next location in which we would install two of your cylinders.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe 30330
Dec 20, 2007

"We have this notion that if you're poor, you cannot do it. Poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids."

As the audience reluctantly began to applaud during the silence, Biden tried to fix his remarks.

"Wealthy kids, black kids, Asian kids -- no, I really mean it." Biden said.

crusader_complex posted:

there it is. two of your computer cylinders would go right here in this rack. ok. let me show you the next location in which we would install two of your cylinders.

i'm the use case

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

idk about you but i call mine the thunderbolt port and the output is impressive (re: my hefty post history)

ahmeni
May 1, 2005

It's one continuous form where hardware and software function in perfect unison, creating a new generation of iPhone that's better by any measure.
Grimey Drawer

GameCube posted:

the Apple Boys sure have been quiet since i demonstrated that catastrophic Privacy Fail. i guess they must be feeling pretty "rekt," right about now.

this is a hosed up failed attempt to rile up some yosposters but I appreciate your dedication to an exhaustingly boring gimmick

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Smythe posted:

Yea bitch, and there was a time I was getting laid on the regular. Doesn't mean a drat thing now and nobody gives a gently caress. Try again.

cowboy beepboop
Feb 24, 2001

im hoping to become an Apple Boy when the new rmbps drop. god bless.

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

ahmeni posted:

this is a hosed up failed attempt to rile up some yosposters but I appreciate your dedication to an exhaustingly boring gimmick

gc has been p funny latley and is prob my max interest in this thread

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

:eyepop:

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

lmao

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Agile Vector posted:

more like roundedRekt

lol

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Satellit3 posted:

gc has been p funny latley and is prob my max interest in this thread

some good posts, today.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

shitface
Nov 23, 2006

wrap it up emacsailures

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

jony ive aces, here's your next avatar

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

shitface posted:

wrap it up emacsailures

history is written by the posix-standard victors

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
time traveler sues apple for $10 billion

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

In before some idiot YOSPOSter posts "not from this distance your honor"

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Looks more like an old Palm device or Apple Newton

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
:five:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

GameCube posted:

another Apple Fail for your enjoyment: if you have "reopen all windows from last session" set in your safari preferences, it'll reopen your private windows, too. talk about a freakin Privacy Fail

lol

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Smythe posted:

In before some idiot YOSPOSter posts "not from this distance your honor"

not from this timeline your honor

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

http://daringfireball.net/linked/2016/06/29/warren-apple-google-amazon

here's gruber crying because a politician criticized his beloved megacorp

quote:

This is why America needs a sane, moderate, pro-business Republican Party. I love Elizabeth Warren, I really do, but as a staunch capitalist these remarks give me pause. These remarks sound more like something from a leader in the European Union, not the United States.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

carry on then posted:

http://daringfireball.net/linked/2016/06/29/warren-apple-google-amazon

here's gruber crying because a politician criticized his beloved megacorp
lol I saw that. That guy is such an incredible tool

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

this is a guy who worships advertising typography

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

can someone who is good with the economy APFS please help. my hard drive is dying.

what i used to do to password protect documents was created an encrypted .dmg with Disk Utility. this was pretty cool, but with a 128GB SSD, it's annoying if you make it the wrong size. if you make it 20GB but only put 5GB of stuff in it, you're wasting 15GB of precious space. alternatively if you make it 5GB, you can run out of space too quickly.

i've read that with APFS you can make virtual disks that exceed the capacity of your disk, but only fill up disk space when the virtual drive itself fills up.

will this feature or another in APFS enable me at all to create encrypted virtual drives or images with more flexible sizes?

tia in advance

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
pretty sure you can make an encrypted sparse bundle that only as big as its content

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

PleasureKevin posted:

can someone who is good with the economy APFS please help. my hard drive is dying.

what i used to do to password protect documents was created an encrypted .dmg with Disk Utility. this was pretty cool, but with a 128GB SSD, it's annoying if you make it the wrong size. if you make it 20GB but only put 5GB of stuff in it, you're wasting 15GB of precious space. alternatively if you make it 5GB, you can run out of space too quickly.

i've read that with APFS you can make virtual disks that exceed the capacity of your disk, but only fill up disk space when the virtual drive itself fills up.

will this feature or another in APFS enable me at all to create encrypted virtual drives or images with more flexible sizes?

tia in advance

As a staunch capitalist,

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

PleasureKevin posted:

tia in advance

just turn on encryption for the entire drive

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

PleasureKevin posted:

you can resize (or at least increase the size) of a .dmg after the fact. just start with 5 gigs or w/e and do that.

alternately get a bigger ssd. rule 36

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Shaggar posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Perplx posted:

pretty sure you can make an encrypted sparse bundle that only as big as its content

yeah why do it the hard way anymore

Shaggar posted:

but really this

• Locked thread