Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
genderfluid and beautiful
Feb 1, 2005

By the way mewse, I'm happy to redo our bet for the rematch - I'll take a 30 day probation if Diaz goes full Dracula (again), you can take a week off if Diaz loses.

Also, hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Intel&Sebastian posted:

"You know, we’re here to fight, we’re not here to run around, we’re here to fight."

*fights the fightenest man the world done ever seen*

*pulls punches and buries his head in the dudes crotch like a powerbomb fetishist*

Well to be fair that was after like an hour total of walking him down and throwing hands with him

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i got beat to death by pure rank cowardice, none of this would have ever happened if i didn't have to eat broccoli some times

Feb 1, 2005

Also, this is apparently something you can buy in stores

E:img posting from phone is hard for me because I'm dumb

genderfluid and beautiful fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Jun 29, 2016

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

evil spiff posted:

Also, this is apparently something you can buy in stores

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
can somebody put the audio of either the video of josh koscheck trying to read or the frankie edgar "they said you were going to destroy me" promo to the video of rocky trying to do the commercial in rocky 2? many thanks

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
What kind of a bitch adopts an extremely successful plan B? I thought we were here to fight.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Touch butt in the park is never going anywhere so Nate wins all fights with Conor forever.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Every single person they picked for funko pop is coming off of a loss.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

If Conor wins the rematch vs Nate, I will take a significant hit to my personal wealth. So I will be upset.

Dangersim
Sep 4, 2011

:qq:He expended too much energy and got tired:qq:

I'M NOT SURPRISED MOTHERFUCKERS
Yeah a rubber match would be dumb

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I can't wait for the press conference

MycroftXXX
May 10, 2006

A Liquor Never Brewed

evil spiff posted:

What will happen to this beautiful thread and it's beautiful posters if Conor wins the rematch?

I don't think it would be the most unsurprising thing in the world depending on how he won.

Centripetal Horse
Nov 22, 2009

Fuck money, get GBS

This could have bought you a half a tank of gas, lmfao -
Love, gromdul

threeagainstfour posted:

Touch butt in the park is never going anywhere so Nate wins all fights with Conor forever.

That quote still makes me grin.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

MycroftXXX posted:

I don't think it would be the most unsurprising thing in the world depending on how he won.

He definitely had success with some leg kicks and he is actually pretty good at fighting and hopefully gameplanning. Like people have said the result of the fight won't change their divisions very much but I do want to see it.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I think it's a winnable fight for both guys and won't be super surprised either way, but if I had to call it I'd go with Nate based solely on the fact that he weathered a storm of offensive pressure that was way worse than anything Conor ever put on any of his previous opponents, came back to finish him in the second round, and did it with virtually no sparring to get ready for the fight.

Conor probably has to just accept he's not going to get a spectacular KO on Nate and go for a decision.

threeagainstfour fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Jun 29, 2016

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Everybodys favorite Coach talking about McGregor vs Diaz

quote:

The Aldo fight was such a big result for the gym and the country, that we all took the foot off the pedal,” he told MMAjunkie. “Then you’re straight into another one, and it’s hard to explain the mindset at the time, but it was a bit of a circus, almost like it was a pretend fight.

“It was kind of like, ‘Ah, you’ll just hit him once and he’ll go down and then we’ll carry on with the journey and get ready for the dos Anjos fight, because that’s important.’

“Then that loss made us all take a step back and re-evaluate things

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

threeagainstfour posted:

"Can you explain what you mean by touching butt?" - Reporter
"You know, there's that guy with the stupid hair and he's touching butt with him" - Nate Diaz

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Can a more knowledgeable goon tell me about Mitch Clarke? He's Joe Duffy's next opponent at Fight Night 90 on July 8th.

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Triticum Guzzler posted:

if you're looking for a fight to get an absurd emotional reaction from computer psychopaths with an otherwise flat affect, that's hunt vs lesnar

This is me

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013

EmmyOk posted:

Can a more knowledgeable goon tell me about Mitch Clarke? He's Joe Duffy's next opponent at Fight Night 90 on July 8th.

Unremarkable grappler with a ceiling of gatekeeper

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I'd ask what this threads going to do when Lesnar beats hunt but I already seen body snatchers so I know it's just going to be pointing and high pitched shrieks for a good bit and then as it tails off a single mournful cry: "his tattoo looks like a penis to meeeeeee"

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

threeagainstfour posted:

Conor probably has to just accept he's not going to get a spectacular KO on Nate and go for a decision.

In his whole career Conor has only ever won ONE fight by decision, which was when he tore his ACL during the fight to Max Holloway and wrestled his way to the scorecards. Apart from that exception, he wins fights by overwhelming opponents with his pace and aggression until they make a mistake he can exploit with his heavy, pinpoint accurate left hand. people seem to expect a kind of versatility from fighters that almost nobody ever displays. Most guys fight in a particular way according to their preference and skills, and they'll make adjustments and improvements over time if they're any good, but it's very rare to see somebody come out looking like a different fighter. Even more rare for that to be successful. The best example of a guy making a smart choice like that is, ironically, Condit-Diaz.

IMO Conor won't fight that fight, and I don't know if he would even be successful at it. Five rounds with Nate Diaz is a tall order for a guy who typically finishes fights in the first and who was visibly slowing by the end of the first round, the last time he fought this same guy. On the other hand, it's entirely possible Conor could make some kind of adjustment to the strategy he used the first time, and KO Nate.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
I think he will look a lot better in the 2nd fight

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

TheCool69 posted:

Everybodys favorite Coach talking about McGregor vs Diaz

He's completely right on this one.

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

-Atom- posted:

He's completely right on this one.

yeah

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Unremarkable grappler with a ceiling of gatekeeper

Cool, thanks! Should be a good fight for him considering the damage he took in the Poirier fight.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
people here like to say nate didnt train for the fight but conor didnt train specifically for nate either. this is just conjecture on my part but i think conor is the kind of person who needs to do everything perfectly in order to prepare for a fight and while he was leaner than nate for the fight he was most likely basically just as unprepared as nate was. its not like nate was unfit for the fight even if he was on a boat like he says, cos if he was unfit, he would have blown up just like conor did. so i think conor will look better in the 2nd fight

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

I.N.R.I posted:

people here like to say nate didnt train for the fight but conor didnt train specifically for nate either. this is just conjecture on my part but i think conor is the kind of person who needs to do everything perfectly in order to prepare for a fight and while he was leaner than nate for the fight he was most likely basically just as unprepared as nate was. its not like nate was unfit for the fight even if he was on a boat like he says, cos if he was unfit, he would have blown up just like conor did. so i think conor will look better in the 2nd fight

Yeah but Conor was in camp, Nate was doing tequila shots with Giblert on a boat.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

1st AD posted:

Yeah but Conor was in camp, Nate was doing tequila shots with Giblert on a boat.

i wouldnt read too much into that because some people can be good on any given day, it doesnt mean that someone who has to prepare carefully is a worse athlete. and i dont think nate is gonna show up looking much different in the 2nd fight

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

I.N.R.I posted:

yeah but Nate was at a disadvantage by not preparing for literally anyone, and now he will be on an even footing with Conor

Feb 1, 2005

INRI is right

Unrelated

https://twitter.com/ariannyceleste/status/748286817514881024

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed

EmmyOk posted:

He got a cool come from behind D'Arce choke submission win on Al Iaquinta in 2014 but he hasn't been very active since. I don't remember his last fight against Chiesa at all.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

I.N.R.I posted:

i wouldnt read too much into that because some people can be good on any given day, it doesnt mean that someone who has to prepare carefully is a worse athlete. and i dont think nate is gonna show up looking much different in the 2nd fight

Having a full training camp to prepare for a championship fight is much more advantageous than coming off a boat in Mexico a week before your fight. Not saying Conor is a worse athlete or that Nate is betting. But you can't argue that having a camp and sparring to prepare for a fight isn't better than not being able to do those things.

Furthermore, Conor has openly proclaimed that he never trains for any specific opponent, just trains to fight. If that's the case, then he wouldn't change his game plan at all vs Nate in either fight.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
No matter how much he trains nates still going to be way bigger.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

JaySB posted:

Having a full training camp to prepare for a championship fight is much more advantageous than coming off a boat in Mexico a week before your fight. Not saying Conor is a worse athlete or that Nate is betting. But you can't argue that having a camp and sparring to prepare for a fight isn't better than not being able to do those things.

Furthermore, Conor has openly proclaimed that he never trains for any specific opponent, just trains to fight. If that's the case, then he wouldn't change his game plan at all vs Nate in either fight.

well obviously but if nate was actually as unfit as implied then he would have gassed. and he didnt so he wasnt. and i have a hard time beliving conor was telling the truth there or he probably wouldnt have gotten anywhere near a ufc title

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Theres more to it than conditioning. There was a significant skill difference in the boxing between those two, and is a few months really enough for Conor to make enough improvement in his game in that area? Probably not. He can gameplan better and say he wants a camp focused on Nate but that skill gap isn't going to be closed much.

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

Nierbo posted:

Theres more to it than conditioning. There was a significant skill difference in the boxing between those two, and is a few months really enough for Conor to make enough improvement in his game in that area? Probably not. He can gameplan better and say he wants a camp focused on Nate but that skill gap isn't going to be closed much.

you're on steroids!

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Get over it, who fuckin cares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
http://mmajunkie.com/2016/06/ryan-hall-vs-alex-white-featherweight-bout-scrapped-from-ufc-fight-night-91-in-sioux-falls

Alex White drank gasoline again

• Locked thread